PDA

View Full Version : Parents' or kids' acceptance?

Nicole Erin
04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
We always talk about coming out to family. Two being our parents or our kids.

It seems a lot of times parents don't react well to our CD'ing.
YET - I have not once heard about a CD who's kids turned away. It seems they are almost always accepting, and often seem to enjoy it.

My parents know, but like to think I stopped. They didn't approve but didn't act any different than when they hear about some other stunt I pulled that would change my life. I don't know if my kid really knows or what he thinks..

Anyways, between your kids and your parents, who would you-
1) want to accept you?
2) think would accept you?

I mean if you had to choose one or the other

For me, it is my kid on both questions.

What about you?
thoughts?

gennee
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I told my son by my CDing and he's cool :cool: with it.

Gennee

sissystephanie
04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I just posted a new thread about coming out to my daughter! My late wife and I had agreed many years ago not to tell either child. My son still does not know, and I doubt that my daughter will tell him.

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!

Stephanie Scott
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Kids and kids.

My kids know and are actually quite enthusiastic about it. They (especially my 8 yr old daughter) regularly encourage or ask me to dress up.

heterocd
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
i think that young kids pre teen are pretty accepting of just about anything. They however aren't always able to keep the secret if that's what is needed for community. I told both of my parents in the last 6 months. My mother said "well at least you're not gay" To which i replied it would be societally easier to be gay than a hetero crossdresser. My father didn't know what to ask except "is it like being gay". My brother asked "are you hunting for sausage?" as i write this seems a little, ok a lot of homophobia in my family. probably why it took me 30 years to come to grips with my reality. Anyway my folks and brothers all treat me as usual so i guess i am lucky that they accepted. I wish more that my girlfriend and her kids, therefore her ex also could be more accepting. I would do everything in my power to make a loving family with my girlfriend and her kids if CD'ing weren't part of my life. since it is and always will be things may not make it in the long run for us. but her acceptance is probably the biggest factor in my personal growth over the last 6 months.