PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy fishy?

tgirlinva
04-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I posted an ad on craigslist to find a significant other and this man replied to it. He doesn't want a partner or gf, he just wants to help me be the woman that I am inside and wants to provide
all the tools for me to do so. He says he enjoys seeing a woman like myself transition. He is willing to pay for all the makeover, aesthetician, wig, clothes, shaving/waxing, tanning, etc. Anything it takes for me to be more passable. He says he is married and doesn't want anything, including sex. He just wants to witness my transition and accompany me on my journey. He is old 60+ and I'm 25. Has anyone met anyone like this? I mean, it appears to be a fantasy come true really, but I'm wondering if this is too good to be true.

MustangGirl
04-25-2008, 01:30 PM
If it sounds to good to be true, it more than likely is. I would be very careful if you are thinking of meeting with him.

Stacye Rose
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a dream come true. However experience has shown me that anything that sounds too good to be true always is too good yo be true.

TxKimberly
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
If it sounds to good to be true, it more than likely is. I would be very careful if you are thinking of meeting with him.

Can't add to that - she said it all!

Joanne f
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Well i have always been told ,if it seems to good to be true it probably is so just be careful. don`t let your dreams fog your judgment.

joanne

KandisTX
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM

AMEN!

Joanna-Louise
04-25-2008, 01:55 PM

i gotta agree too hunni, take care and tread cafefully, please let us know what you decide.

Jo
xx
:hugs:

Deborah Jane
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
You,ve got to ask yourself..."Whats really in it for him?"
After all very few people do something for nothing and it does seem that he knows how to get "one of us" by offering the world!!

tgirlinva
04-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you so much. I will try to be on guard.

ShannonDragon
04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
:eek:"Danger!! Danger!! Will Robinson!!":eek:

Carol123
04-25-2008, 03:44 PM
RUN

MJ
04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
and when you get your transformation done .he will pimp you out until he gets a return on his investment plus interest..

thank him but no thanks !!! your safety is number one .

Amy Hepker
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Be very careful of anything on craigs list.

KandisTX
04-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I found this post on one of your threads from February of 2007;

02-14-2007, 09:04 AM #1

Where can I go to meet the man of my dreams?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize a lot the members on this website are married and are heterosexual, but as a CD (perhaps TS?), I would like to meet a man who appreciates me, who supports me, who isn't in it for the sex basically. I know of some adult websites such as Craigslist where there are men interested in CD that post, but I feel that's an unsafe way to meet a nice decent man since most people are in for a one-night stand. Is there somewhere I don't know that is more respectable? Thank you.

Now, I am wondering if something has changed to make Craigslist a "safer" place to meet someone? (Please be very careful with that type of site).

Kandis:love::rose2:

Julie York
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
My first reaction is run like hell.

However, just a thought. What if he is TG and never got to become whole? But he now has the means to help someone do what he never could?

The very simple and easy test is to meet the man in Guy mode. If he is an anthropist (?) he will be only too happy to meet you to discuss how to go about your transition for YOUR fullfillment (i.e. NOT his!).
If he suggest you dress when you meet etc then ....run like hell.

Nah in fact to hell with it.
I just listened to my instincts.
Forget it.

carhill2mn
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
There have been several instances reported in our local paper recently where people have used Craig's list to advertise for sex and the responders have been either robbed or had their identity stolen. In the cases mentioned, the people were let into the responder's home.

Marla151
04-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd definitely be very careful like everyone else has said, but it could just be that he just wants to live vicariously through you as well. Perhaps he has always had the desire to be a tg/ts/cd but never felt like he could, so by helping you and watching you transform he can kind of capture some of it and feel like he was a part of it by helping. Just a thought.

Sophia KT
04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I would say be cautious but don't slam the door right away.

Try to force him to show his hand. If you are in contact by email you could drop some hints that you might like some of the things you actually fear; see if he 'coughs' as it were. I had a guy once who was full of the, 'treat you like the woman....etc' who ended up saying 'thank god, that was all an act just to...more etceteras.' Needless to say it was 'adios amigo' from me.

Be underhand, but don't be obvious.

Or just run.

Sophia :devil:

sterling12
04-25-2008, 05:36 PM
He may act like a gentleman in the beginning, he may be full of charm, he may promise you the moon. Now, go talk to just about any GG you care to name. They could relate to you that very same story. They could also relate how it all went to pieces as time went by. Be very, very, careful. Ask yourself, is the risk worth it?

Second thought: What he says he has and will do.....do you have proof? Yeah, he's an older guy and probably looks harmless, but did you bother to look for him on the sex predator list? Any court orders against him? Any felony arrests? Heck, do you actually have any proof that he gave you his true name? Single Ladies think about these things all the time. Since it's a similar deal, maybe you should do the same.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Niya W
04-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Well if you let a man pay your way, you will earn ever dollar of it because he will control you,use you and toss you aside when he is done.

Every thing that he said sounds like he wants some to control. In this situation he is prince charming, and you are damsel in distress . Some that he will initially make feel good and then slowly tear them apart. make you feel bad. put into your head that no man will ever want you and you are lucky that you got him.

IHe is old 60+ and I'm 25. Has anyone met anyone like this? I mean, it appears to be a fantasy come true really, but I'm wondering if this is too good to be true.

You are looking for some thing that you need to find in your self. There is no perfect man because humans are not perfect.

Sound like a fair tale . Women fall for it all the time.
Anita baker even made song called fairy tale that deals with it.

Ps before you date you need to make sure your emotionally ready, secure in your self.

jaina
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
CYA, allways have someone know whats going on, but with some safety steps in place. WHY NOT?

You'll never know if you don't at least look into it.

Niya W
04-25-2008, 06:16 PM
CYA, allways have someone know whats going on, but with some safety steps in place. WHY NOT?

You'll never know if you don't at least look into it.

Because its quick way to end up on a milk cartoon ,ER room, mentally screwed up or worse.

Samantha B L
04-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi There tgirlinva, It sounds wonderful but even if it's all legitamate and this person is sincere it still sounds a little obtuse and a little too good to be true. Even if it does sound wonderful. this guy could have all kinds of ulterior motives for this. As MJ pointed out he could even want to pimp you out! Another possibility is tax write-offs for second rate doctors and clinics on a bunch of "charity" TS medical treatment stuff and this guy is playing the "go-between". This person would get some of the money,etc.and visa versa. But it does sound like a prepostreously grand offer. If you feel like you don't want to pass up the offer then go ahead and keep up the contact with him but try to find out all you can about him and not just an email address. Try to get a phone number and an address and if he wants to know why just tell him your interested in his offer but you want to know more about him so you'll damn well know the offer isn't a scam or that there's nothing dangerous or peculiar going on. Take a few months to check everything out. If he's got any sense he'll understand your being cautious. But all this is if you can't pass this up. Because the offer is too good to be true even if it's genuine which is questionable.

angelfire
04-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Samantha gave some good advice there. If you decide to go through with it, PLEASE be careful. Personally, I'd probably advise passing it up for the reason everyone else says: it is too good to be true.

Now, I'd agree with Samantha, try to get as much info on him as you can. An address, a phone number, definitely a first and last name. Do a search online, find anything relevant that seems to relate to him. It may sound stalker-ish, but its for safety. If you still feel the need to meet him, I'd suggest bringing a friend with you, and making sure you meet in a public place.

If you can't bring a friend, at least tell a friend about it, and if you meet, tell your friend you will call them at a certain time. That way, if something were to happen, at least someone knows and can call for help if necessary.

I'd still say run, but that is your choice, and if you do it, make sure you are incredibly cautious.

KateSpade83
04-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, you could just agree to meet only in public places and never go to his home!

Fab Karen
04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I found this post on one of your threads from February of 2007;

02-14-2007, 09:04 AM #1

Where can I go to meet the man of my dreams?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know of some adult websites such as Craigslist where there are men interested in CD that post, but I feel that's an unsafe way to meet a nice decent man since most people are in for a one-night stand. Is there somewhere I don't know that is more respectable? Thank you.

Now, I am wondering if something has changed to make Craigslist a "safer" place to meet someone? (Please be very careful with that type of site).

CL isn't an "adult" site, it's a place of ads for everything from personals to employment to people selling things.

If someone decides to meet up with someone like that who they don't know, use safety measures like not giving out your phone number, meet in a public place & maybe bring a friend, etc.

Kris
04-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Well if you let a man pay your way, you will earn ever dollar of it because he will control you,use you and toss you aside when he is done.

Niya,

Good lord, talk about a pessimistic attitude... There ARE good men out there. I know this for a fact. :-) Not that I am WITH any of them, but.. LOL I know a few of them for sure.

However I have to agree that if it is too good to be true, don't waste your time and energy even typing about this guy. It's like a cd'er that told me that I could be the perfect DOMME for him because I can't hurt someone.

I smell something fishy in Denmark.

Good luck,
Kris

Angie G
04-25-2008, 08:03 PM
I think I'd leave it alone hun. :hugs:
Angie

trannie T
04-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Craig's List is a good place to find a used sofa.

Niya W
04-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Niya,

Good lord, talk about a pessimistic attitude... There ARE good men out there. I know this for a fact. :-) Not that I am WITH any of them, but.. LOL I know a few of them for sure.

Good luck,
Kris
Seen to many girls get used up by a man. Not say all men are dogs. Just saying that you should not put your self in position were he has to much control over you. Doing things like letting him pay your rent.

tgirlinva
04-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you very much for all your comments. While a part of me wants to try this out, I feel like my anonymity and safety are paramount at this point. I told him "thank you, but no thanks", mainly because I didn't feel comfortable with his emails and his "pushy" stance. I have yet to go out in public and made that very clear to him, but he keeps pushing me into this "sink or swim" situation, which I am very uncomfortable with. He apparently is running a TS transition factory b/c he told me going in public for the first time was, to his past TS friends, a wonderful experience. He isn't willing to reveal his identity either, except for a telephone number, which I can only call during specified times. All in all, my senses told me not to go through with it. Yes, it's nice to have a friend like that, but at the end of the day, I think I still have to maintain a sense of pride. I am well educated and could perhaps afford all the things he offers me, it'll just take a little bit extra time. That's something I'm willing to take.

Jilmac
04-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I would just say, if you want to set up a meeting to see if the guy is legit, PROCEED WITH CAUTION! I had an experience once where I hooked up with somebody from a personal ad in a newspaper. He claimed to be a tg admirer and I wanted someone only as a friend,so I invited him to my apartment. Big Mistake,,, he started hitting on me as soon as the door closed. The only way I was able to get him to leave was by threatening to call the cops and chasing him down the stairs with a Louisville Slugger. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Ressie
04-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Sounds controlling. Who knows what's up his sleeve.

Daphne
04-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Well I don't know what else I can add, that everyone hasn't said already.

Karen C
04-26-2008, 10:05 PM
:2c: I may be pore. I may be broke .
but I can't be bought. Im worth to much to sell my sole .

PS it was tried once by an ex lover

teresa jeen
04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Run Girl Run!!!!!

docrobbysherry
04-27-2008, 12:29 AM
My first reaction is run like hell.

However, just a thought. What if he is TG and never got to become whole? But he now has the means to help someone do what he never could?

The very simple and easy test is to meet the man in Guy mode. If he is an anthropist (?) he will be only too happy to meet you to discuss how to go about your transition for YOUR fullfillment (i.e. NOT his!).
If he suggest you dress when you meet etc then ....run like hell.

Nah in fact to hell with it.
I just listened to my instincts.
Forget it.

Meet him in a VERY public restaurant or bar. Preferably during daylite hours. Show up 1/2+ hour early and watch the guys that come in. Size him up carefully. U mite act like you've had one too many martoonies and see what he says/does!

Finally, Grasshoppa, trust the Force and listen to your instincts!

scarlet
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
It sounds like you came to your senses. And thats a good thing.and for those out there that didnt know Craigs list has a ton of adult content. and also people have responded to ads from craigs list and been killed. Fortunatly the person was cought but the person killed dosent have the option to be more careful. my:2c: stay safe :hugs:

Joy Carter
04-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Last year a woman was murdered answering an add for a governess. Too many nuts out there. Stay away !!!!!!!!!!!

Fab Karen
04-27-2008, 04:17 AM
for those out there that didn't know Craigs list has a ton of adult content. and also people have responded to ads from craigs list and been killed. Fortunately the person was caught but the person killed doesn't have the option to be more careful. my:2c: stay safe :hugs:

Thousands have responded to CL ads and not been killed. The internet has plenty of adult content too- it isn't evil either.

TGinVA said: "He isn't willing to reveal his identity either, except for a telephone number, which I can only call during specified times."

Translation: Married. & the pushiness is a sign of a guy who'd soon be pushing for sex. You have good instincts.

Suzy Harrison
04-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Is he fishy? - he proabably has a Trawler !

...ask yourself, what's in it for him?

Sally24
04-27-2008, 08:39 AM
If you are careful to never be alone and meet in public places then you should be safe enough to check it out. If you are tiny and he is large than I would be doubly careful. Good luck!

Nicole Erin
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
So he knows nothing more about you than some online ad, yet he is offering to pay for a bunch of stuff?
OK, suppose it were genuine. What does he have more money than he knows what to do with?
Seems kind of odd.

DemiRose
04-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Economic rule.

Marissa_Black
04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Something IS fishy with this guy. I think it's the bait he's using on you. Spit the hook and swim away fast!!!

AmandaM
04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
There will come a time. When he wants more. You're his girl. He's done a lot for you. You owe it to him. Take care of your man, wench.

Just kidding! But, you catch my drift.

mudanjel
04-27-2008, 11:07 PM
It sounds like you already said "No" and he's pressuring you anyway, if I'm reading this correctly.

Why would you get involved with a stranger who has no respect for your authority over yourself? When will "No" mean "No" with this guy?

(And as far as the scary stories go, an attorney here in Portland met a girl over one of those "Live Links" chat lines . He's been dead for a couple of years now.)