PDA

View Full Version : Who says "they don't notice"?

Deborah_UK
04-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Was out today (drab) and met a few of my male friends (we were going to a football (soccer) match) - a couple of them I hadn't seen for a while.

Within two minutes one of my friends says "what's with the earring Rob?"

Then he says - "oh you've had them both done"

I'm not in a position to come out yet, so I just said that I fancied having them done - none of them asked why, and the person who posed the original question then admitted that he had one ear pierced but rarely wore an earring.

So although comment was made - it was no big deal.

Jilmac
04-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I just had mine pierced on March 10th (my B'day) and those who noticed were told that I did it on a whim (fancy). My studs are small 3mm and almost unnoticable, but I told most of the people who don't know I dress. My SO is one who knows I dress and she told me to go for it. As for the others I told them if my son can wear one, then I can wear two. Luv and :hugs: Jill

trannie T
04-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Many men have one or both ears pierced. I have several ear rings in each ear and it is rare that people comment. Most of the comments I've received have been from women complementing me.

joann07
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
I've never been into earrings growing up in HS, college, and to this day in my adult life. The only time I'll wear them is when I'm in femme.
There's only two things that I wear which crosses between my male and female side and that's pantyhose and toe nail polish.
Only a few friends know that I wear pantyhose and use toe nail polish, in guy mode.
These are the same friends who know that I crossdress.

Hugs!

TxKimberly
04-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I've had mine done for years now. Early on I did get a few remarks, but just good natured ribbing more along the lines of laughing at me for a mid life crisis! lol

sandra-leigh
04-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Within two minutes one of my friends says "what's with the earring Rob?"

I'm considering getting mine done, but I'm relatively sure people at work would notice. I would definitely not be the first guy at work with earrings (perhaps the first with both done ?), so it will not be a Big Problem -- but I would quite likely get a few questions about it, especially as I am considered somewhat boring by people who don't know much about me. On the other hand, I've been wearing odd shirts for many years (long before I started crossdressing), so perhaps it will just add to my legendary strangeness. I think it likely that someone would ask me about it when I was down at coffee (a group event... practically our departmental meetings :heehee: ) in which case I would have to make a group answer rather than a one-on-one answer, so if I get it done I'd better be prepared to give a sufficiently vague group answer.

There are only a very small number of people at work whom I would feel bad about giving a pseudo-answer to... well, only one, really; I've been considering telling her, but I haven't had any reason to volunteer the information. (There are a small number of other people at work that I would answer openly to if they were ever to specifically ask me about crossdressing, and a few others that it would depend on how they phrased it. The ones I would answer openly to are, interestingly, not necessarily my "friends", but rather some people I respect quite a bit. My friends are dear people, but some of them have a tendency to gossip :straightface: .)

Annie D
04-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I had my ears pierced about 10 years ago and I was teaching in Ft. Worth. I told everyone that I had lost a bet. One of the administrators told me that now I couldn't say anything to my son when he wanted to get his pierced as well. I wore a gold ball stud in each ear for 6 weeks and then started wearing small hoops and different types all the time. No one really said anything about them but a couple of times I had women approach me at a mall and say that they wished that their husbands would get their ears pierced.

I changed schools and no males wore earrings to school so I refrained for 3 1/2 years. The kids at school could see the holes and would sometimes say, "You got your ears pierced"! As a New Year's resolution, I wore one earring to school when we returned from Christmas vacation. On the way to school that first day back, I asked my own two teenagers if they minded that I was going to start wearing my earring to school and they both said, "go for it." That first morning, I asked one of my co-teachers what she thought about it and she replied that I should give it a second thought. After she said that, I went directly to my school principal and asked if she thought it would be appropriate and she told me that earrings are okay but I had to take out my tongue ring!

If the Texas Public School Systems can accept pierced ears on male teachers then what are you worried about?

Amy Hepker
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Most people that notice would be more accepting.

CharleneCD
04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
especially as I am considered somewhat boring by people who don't know much about me. .)

With the above statement and your age most will just figure midlife crisis.:D

sandra-leigh
04-26-2008, 10:31 PM
With the above statement and your age most will just figure midlife crisis.:D

I'd have a hard time proving otherwise :D

I had to think a bit on how it is that I can be considered both boring and strange at the same time. I dunno, perhaps work would vote me "Most likely to go off the deep end". :straightface: "He was a nice guy, but he was always, you know, working. By himself. And such peculiar hours. And he used to wear sort of a pink shirt. I think he must have been gay!" :devil:

vikki2020
04-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Deborah, I don't know about the footballers in the UK, but here in the states,almost all professional athletes wear earrings. The NBA players especially, with both ears pierced, and large earrings on display.Me---I'm still doing clip-ons!

Karen C
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
I had gotten both ears done about 15 yrs ago and the earings went out when i got married . Ive been devorced for 5 and now the earings just came back 2 monthe ago olny one hole closed up i poked the outher through with a pin. I love my earings now i love dimounds or zercs some people have said when did you have them done recently and I told them no in 92 just never noticed hu. My son doesnt no but my girlfriends daughter was like omg you have pirced ears and the jaw hit the floor . wow i think she would have a hart attack if she new I was a CD .:eek:

PS the girlfrind nows im a CD and we go shopping together sometimes its grate .

KimB
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
when I got mine done just under 2 years ago, some of my female co workers asked me about it. I just told them that my wife and daughter had talked me in to it cause they thought it would look sexy on me. then a month or so before I changed Jobs I had come out to 2 of them, and they were totaly cool with it.

joann426
04-26-2008, 11:19 PM
thanks tamera for wishing me a happy b day that was very nice of you i did my own ears it hurt a little but it was worth it in a long run i have one earing in both ears had them for a long time
joann

Susan.
04-27-2008, 12:27 AM
The people I work with and my relatives would notice a hole much less an earring. Unfortunately, my wife has never had her ears pieced, so I'll just keep on using clipons.

Diana R.
04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I pierced both ears 40 years ago and haven't had anybody
ever say anything about them. I wear either small hoops or
studs. diana.R

Joanna-Louise
04-27-2008, 12:59 AM
2 years ago I had my eyebrow piericed and never looked back, while my friends outside and within work noticed it was becuase i never seemed that sort of "guy" to have it done. Im wanting to get both ears done so i can wear macthing jewlrey, and have noticed even young meen and young teenagers have both ears done so really i think in the "male world" it is now the norm to get both done....

who knows maybe in years to come men will wear skirts all the time too :lol:

Niya W
04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
she told me that earrings are okay but I had to take out my tongue ring!

If the Texas Public School Systems can accept pierced ears on male teachers then what are you worried about?

Tongue ring to work ???

Damiana
04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm relatively young and pull a goth-like look in drab so me having two 14-guage captive bead earrings isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Cristi
04-27-2008, 12:07 PM
The other end of the spectrum:

I've worked with the same people for several years now and have had both ears pierced (and worn earrings 24/7) since about 2002.

About a month ago, a woman I work with every day did a double take, looked at me more closely then said "Did you get your ears pierced?"

She didn't believe me at first when I told her "yes... 6 years ago!" until a few other people we were with backed me up on my story.

So some people just don't notice things!

Annie D
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
She was kidding about the tongue ring! I don't have one but have thought about getting one......LOL!

Vicky_Scot
04-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I still find it hard to believe in this day and age why men are scared to get their ears pierced in case they get comments or funny looks.

Niya W
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
She was kidding about the tongue ring! I don't have one but have thought about getting one......LOL!

Oh ok, thought for moment I might have to show my nipple rings.

sandra-leigh
04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh ok, thought for moment I might have to show my nipple rings.

No, but you will have to remove them with a pair of pliers before you are allowed through the school-door metal-scanning system.

(If someone doesn't catch the reference, check out postings in Media from about 2 weeks ago.)

Niya W
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
That only if its at some back woods school :) Now than can just do a visual of my tits