PDA

View Full Version : Spring - no more shaving legs for summer *pout*

Janice57
04-27-2008, 04:51 AM
Does anyone else feel a bit down as summer is coming and you can't shave your legs do to fear of discovery by others? I shave all fall and winter as it is "long pant" season.

O2B Barbara
04-27-2008, 05:06 AM
I am blessed with little hair on the legs. I really don't think anyone really cares if you shave the legs or not, unless of course you normally have a lot of hair.

erica2054
04-27-2008, 05:20 AM
yes =- spring and summer is here= and no more shaving my legs= ech

Amy Hepker
04-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Just tell everyone you are a body builder and shave anyway. You would be surprised at the guys that do shave.

Phyliss
04-27-2008, 06:50 AM
I keep my legs and, for that matter, the rest of my (ahem) "beautiful" body hair free year round. Easy solution, I'm not much of a "shorts wearing" kinda person. Go to the beach, or pool / lake ? Just don't worry about it. Let 'em think what they will. Most people don't think about it anyhow. They're too busy with their own life to notice. Those that do, most likely won't say anything. The very few that do notice and DO say something are mostly rude types anyhow and should get a sarcastic answer. Something like ,"Yeah I keep smooth ALL over, the sex is fantastic, you should try it."

Shelly67
04-27-2008, 07:04 AM
I sympathise , but go even further than just my legs . I,ve had remarks on my hairless arms , let alone my legs . I just informed those who questioned I prefer to be hairless as I find it cleaner . Being in UK I hardly ever get to see the sun , so my skins so white its more than evident , so I use a bottle tan to keep things a little " shaded " .
I bet theres tons of guys shaving , I mean hasnt the term metrosexual become fashionable ??

Annie D
04-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Now that the weather has changed and you can start wearing shorts again, this is the perfect opportunity to keep your legs shaved. Living in a place where it is somewhat warmer year round, men wear shorts all the time and let me tell you, there are a lot of men who have very little hair on their legs. Have you ever seen men who have no hair on their calves or on their thighs because the pants they wear have worn the hair off. Older men don't regrow the hair on their legs and they look like they have sparrow legs because they are so white. You can hardly notice the hair on black men. Keep shaving your legs but tan them, either from a bottle, a booth or natural sun.

It is like piercing your ears, hardly anyone will notice and really, no one really cares. I have had more people remark about the holes in my lobes than my legs that are shaved. When asked if I do, I simply say yes.

I coach at a public high school and wear shorts ALL THE TIME. I shave my legs every day and keep them tanned. I have not had anyone say anything about them for a long, long time. I have prepared answers but have not had to make any replies.

Come on ladies, give Janice57 some support and encouragement to keep your legs shaved year round.

kimdresses
04-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Janice, just keep on shaving. It was a big change for me since my body was very hairy. I am shaved from head to toe. My only get a comment here and there but I really can't remember when the last one was. Nobody is really going to care. It summer and the best time to be shaved. You can feel the warmth and wind against your skin. So I got to say, just keep on shaving. You will enjoy the feeling.

Christine Kelly
04-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Summer is the prefect time TO shave your legs,
(And the rest of your body as well!)

Believe me, I used to feel the same way about shaving,
but once you feel that cool breeze on your freshly shaven legs,
you will never go back, EVER, to wearing a hair coat
during the hottest months of the year!

I also thought that people would notice,
and a few did in the beginning, but after a while,
they could care less what I did with my body.

And the third and most important reason to shave
and show off your legs during the summer months is:
you just feel more girlie and sexy!
It makes a statement about who you are
that is with you all the time.

Rise up, girls, and shave those legs!
Join us and be a part of the girlie revolution!

Cherry Lynn
04-27-2008, 07:39 AM
I also shave my whole body and keep a nice dark tan year round. No one seems to notice and it feels so sexy. Go for it and enjoy the feeling.

Sally24
04-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I used to "take the summer off" but now I shave year round. I really don't like body hair anymore so it is more of a mental health thingie. I could bleach it or wear heavier hose but I don't find that neccesary anymore. Find a back story to stick with or just tell the truth. "Because I like it that way!" works for me!

"Mary"
04-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Similar to Sally - I epialte and have always let it grow back (never quite as thick though) for the summer. I decided to continue to epilate thoroughly through this summer and see what happens. Last spring I even got a couple of compliments from mothers at soccer games. (Made my wife jealous/angry:heehee:). I do think that having a modest tan will be important to pulling off a natural look though.

kristytv
04-27-2008, 08:42 AM
i am going through laser hair removal so , i want it all gone !

KimB
04-27-2008, 09:58 AM
:Angry3: now that spring and summer is here I have to shave my body every other day:straightface:.durning the winter I could go a week with out shaving. I used to just shave in the winter when I was in the closet, but now that (I am out of the Closet most of the way) I get out dressed at least once or twice A month I keep myself shave all year long. that way when I do get to get out I dont have to get the bush hog out to shave my legs.:heehee:

celeste26
04-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes keep it off no one will care or say anything except you maybe.

donnasweetheart
04-27-2008, 10:47 AM
My boyfriend has already stopped shavng and I hate it. Nothing better than his smooth shaved legs rubbibng against mine. I already miss them and summer isn't even here yet. Wonder if anyone would even notice if he contiued to shave? :daydreaming:

Wendi0012
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
No one cares if you shave your legss especially in the summer just tell them you get a better tan without the hair. I was at a social fuction last summer and well playing volleyball one of the ladies at the party said are your legs shaved. I simply replied that leg hair is ugly and so I shaved it off. Her respone was your legs look great and she was going to tell her husband to start shaving his legs. Point is everyone does it so why should summer be any differnt.

Love Always,
Wendi

Alex!
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm a cyclist, and most of us cycling types shave our hair. There are many reasons for this, and one practical one for me is that the tight shorts always pull my hair anyway, which is painful. I had the same problem scuba diving. By shaving, I avoid this problem.

Others here are right - no one gives a damn. It's a huge leap to take between shaving legs and crossdressing. You'd be surprised how many people don't make that connection, I suspect. Usually, suspicion of crossdressing results from discovery of several clues, not just one. If you come off as feminine while in guy mode, however, this conclusion will likely be made :)

valhalla
04-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm a cyclist, and most of us cycling types shave our hair. There are many reasons for this, and one practical one for me is that the tight shorts always pull my hair anyway, which is painful. I had the same problem scuba diving. By shaving, I avoid this problem.

My DH is a cyclist as well. Everybody who knows him knows that he cycles. I don’t think that anyone thinks anything of it.

triciaannmarie
04-27-2008, 11:55 AM
No one really cares if you shave your legs. I keep mine shaved all year long and i wear shorts too. I tan all the time and my legs look good without the hair. Most people don't care one way or the other.:2c:

goofus
04-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Does anyone else feel a bit down as summer is coming and you can't shave your legs do to fear of discovery by others? I shave all fall and winter as it is "long pant" season.

I feel your pain...I work outside (at one of my jobs at least) so I'll almost have to wear shorts this summer, or overheat :eek:

Cristi
04-27-2008, 12:02 PM
I am a cyclist, so shave for that reason as much as any other... but even the people who don't really know how much I ride have never commented on my shaved legs.

BTW: My wife loves it when I shave my legs... after a season on the bike, I get really nice definition in my calve muscles which looks MUCH nicer with no hair to get in the way.

So I'd say I'm almost the opposite of you. I sometimes think 'Why bother?' about shaving in the Winter, since nobody will see me anyway, but as soon as cycling season (and short skirt weather) is here, off comes the ugly hair!

goofus
04-27-2008, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE= If you come off as feminine while in guy mode, however, this conclusion will likely be made :)[/QUOTE]

See there's my problem...I'm 'freaky' enough in guy mode, if I'm walking around with shaved legs that's just going to add fuel to the fire of suspicion about my sexuality and/or general freakiness...although the older I get the less I care...maybe someday I'll shave year 'round...

victoriamwilliams1
04-27-2008, 12:58 PM
My legs have been bare since I started dressing and noticed the hair when I was about 18 or 19, I do keep a little light hair on my legs but it is not noticeable. Also I wear shorts and thanks to the hip hop community more men are shaving legs which I noticed with some of the men in my area.

melissacd
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Shave your legs, you will not be discovered. I shave my arms and my legs and my chest and no one ever says anything about it at all.

Jilmac
04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
My legs never were real hairy. I keep them shaved year 'round and even when I'm wearing drab shorts nobody notices. Luv and :hugs: Jill

jaina
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM

All year long for me.

bridget thronton
04-27-2008, 02:40 PM
No one notices your shaved legs (esp if you are wearing a skirt)

Annesah
04-27-2008, 03:33 PM
It's all fashion. Until a hundred years or so ago only the royalty had the time or resources to shave or be shaved of facial, leg hair or whatever. The huge majority of commoners, of both genders, were furry legged and that did'nt seem to slow us down a bit. Must admit, however, the shaved look is regal! I'll stick with it!

Christina Nicole
04-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I shave year-round. It's not a problem. I have a boat in a marina and a PWC, so I'm in a bathing suit a lot. Only once in over 20 years has anyone asked me about it. The group of friends I was sitting with seemed ok with that.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Ruth
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I have legs,arms and body shaved at present and will keep them shaved throught the summer - or what passes for summer on this island. People may notice but never remark - after all, what's to remark about: some people are less hairy than others.
And it definitely improves the general look and feel whilst enfemme.
I'm looking forward to skirts with bare legs again!

trannie T
04-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Ain't Nobody Gonna Notice

I've shaved my legs for quite some time. Nobody has said anything. If anyone asks I'll tell them the truth, "Because I wanted to."

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
who cares what others think????
keep those legs silky smooth all year round.....
bet you no one will even notice :D

windycissy
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm just the opposite: in the winter I wear long sweaters and tights or slacks all the time so I can get away without shaving, but now that it's spring I'm shaved so I can start wearing shorts and summery skirts and dresses, without stockings as soon as I get a tan on my legs...I agree with the other comments about how it's no big deal for a guy to shave his legs, chest etc anymore, you can buy a male groomer - like an electric shaver on steroids - for $39 at any drugstore, it will zap it off like a lawnmower!

RichardCD
04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I have virtually no hair on my legs, never really have. My arms are almost hairless as well as my chest. My face is a different story ..lol ♥♥♥

Eugenie
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't think anyone cares if you shave your legs, except perhaps one's SO who may not like you to crossdress... Most other people don't associate legs shaving to crossdressing.

There are many good reasons to shave one's legs and body... It has even become fashionable among athletes...

I shave my legs, my torso and my arms and got no problem. One friend told me onc "Ah, you shave yuor arms?" I said "Yes it feels comfortable." End of story...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kimmie
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Just say you lost a bet.

jennifer41356
04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
nope I shave my legs year round, dont care what people think and I dont think they really notice:love:

Audrey34
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't like to wear shorts. So no worries about anybody noticing my shaved legs.
-Audrey

LisaLedoux
04-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I keep my legs (and body) shaved all the time. No one has ever noticed but then again it is often so chilly here in the Maine coast even in summer that I don't get to show them off that much anyway.

Bernadina
04-27-2008, 08:39 PM

I wouldn't be caught dead in shorts with hairy legs. Summertime means more attention to leg and arm shaving than ever, all the time. If anyone notices, well, so what.

Tara Michele
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Summer is the the time TO shave. During the winter, all that yucky hair is covered up with long pants. Now is the time to feel those breezes on bare skin. Actually, waxing is even better. No rough stubble 4 hours after shaving!

Seville
04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Yes keep it off no one will care or say anything except you maybe.

Yes, nobody notices or cares.

Dalece
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Ain't Nobody Gonna Notice

I've shaved my legs for quite some time. Nobody has said anything. If anyone asks I'll tell them the truth, "Because I wanted to."

I agree with Trannie.

Jamie001
04-28-2008, 01:39 AM
No I don't feel that way because my legs are shaved all year round. It is important not to let other folks run our lives. If you want to shave you legs then you can do it. The only person stopping you is you! They are your legs and if you shave them or not is only your business.

Jamie001
04-28-2008, 01:41 AM
I don't ever think is is good advice to lie. Just tell them that you don't like hairy legs or that you like the feel of smooth legs, or you can do like I do and tell them that smooth legs feel much better in pantyhose.

Just tell everyone you are a body builder and shave anyway. You would be surprised at the guys that do shave.

karynspanties
04-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Oh for crying out loud, here we go again. "Summer is here and I can't shave my legs because someone might notice" WHO CARES?!?!?! If you want them smooth....shave them...NOBODY CARES.

tricia_uktv
04-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Oh for crying out loud, here we go again. "Summer is here and I can't shave my legs because someone might notice" WHO CARES?!?!?! If you want them smooth....shave them...NOBODY CARES.

Totall agree, shave and be damned!

Jamie M
04-28-2008, 06:32 AM
I know how you're feeling janice. Summer's on it's way and you should be full of joy for the nice weather to come and maybe getting your short skirts out again , but then the fuzz starts coming back and the frustration grows . so instead of being a happy time you start to dread the spring and the summer that follows , dreaming of it to be over so you hack away at the undergrowth once again.

Well this year everything is going to change. I'm not sure what's changed and i'm not going to question a good thing , but finally my wonderful wife kelly has given up caring what others think and has told me she doesn't mind if i keep everything smooth all the time now , yippeee. I've come out to most of our friends over the winter so not expecting any trouble there but work could be interesting.

It's all very manly manly there and come the hot weather i'm usually the first to done the shorts to cope , i'm not going to suffer in the heat this year anymore than i would last year so expecting at least some comments as being so hairy normally think at least someone's going to notice but determined not to give a damn ! Bring on the summer :D

Angie G
04-28-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm letting my nuder arms grow out But will keep my legs shaved all summer. I did it all last year and it went fine. :hugs:
Angie

Annaliese
04-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Looking forward to it, I shave year round and now it is short season 1 inch inseam.

Anna

JoAnnDallas
04-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I shave my legs, chest, and arms year round too. Now that it is warmer and I am wearing satin PJ's to bed, they feel so great sliding over my hairless body.

Sally R.
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I feel the same way. However a strange thing happened this weekend. Was sitting aroung (dressed) with my wife and she mentioned (again) that she wants a face lift. Half joking I said OK, if I get all my body hair removed. She shocked me when she said, not all of it, but you can get your legs done. I'm going to have to pursue this.

JoAnnDallas
04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Get her to trade your face for you legs. Shaving legs is not as bad as shaving your face. Makes putting on and wearing makeup easier. LOL

Billie Jean
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I shve all year and no one is the wiser, or at least, they don't ever say anything. Billie Jean

Jean Marie
06-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Even though I am very lucky to have almost no leg, arm or body hair I have kept my self smooth and bare for many years, Actually I really do not believe anyone notices.

Maria2222
06-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Janice,
I too am very down about not being able to shave or epilate for the summer. My wife doesn't like it and I respect her because she's generally accepting of my being a CD. One thing you can do is keep things trimmed close. You'll still look ok in your stockings. I used to use a beard trimmer on the closest setting, but I now use a regular hair trimmer without an attachment. It's not like being smooth, but it's better than having fur.

Ashlee
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
I stop shaving so as to look like a guy for summer, once fall/winter rolls around I'll lose it and head to the makeover studios!

lucy
06-21-2008, 09:25 AM
it is spring but i keep my legs smooth as always and i dont get any comment at all at first it surprised me but somehow my wife doesnt borther at all just like my armpits though nicely shaved.

VirginiaX23
06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
I can't shave. It's like fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun. The stubble returns within hours. I have become an epilation addict, however and probably epilate twice a week in a rotation. When I work out, I wear a neoprene waist trimmer and neoprene shorts (you burn a good deal more calories that way. Before I started removing all my body hair, it was really painful putting all that rubber gear on. Now I just have to deal with the pain of the epilator (especially the middle of my chest...ow!), but I love how smooth I get and, when people ask me about it (which is just about never), I tell them it's for working out. Here in the hottest place on earth, people understand.

gagirl1
06-21-2008, 11:44 AM
i'm glad summer is here. now i can tan the legs that i've tried to hard to smooth out. and if anyone asks....i'm a swimmer/biker/lost a bet/i like it

Laura_Stephens
06-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I can't shave. It's like fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun. The stubble returns within hours. I have become an epilation addict, however and probably epilate twice a week in a rotation. When I work out, I wear a neoprene waist trimmer and neoprene shorts (you burn a good deal more calories that way. Before I started removing all my body hair, it was really painful putting all that rubber gear on. Now I just have to deal with the pain of the epilator (especially the middle of my chest...ow!), but I love how smooth I get and, when people ask me about it (which is just about never), I tell them it's for working out. Here in the hottest place on earth, people understand.

Have you tried waxing?

VirginiaX23
06-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Have you tried waxing?

Oh, sure. But it gets expensive and it so much messier than epilating without any less in the way of pain. When I can afford it, though, I plan on having a pro do my back every couple of weeks. As much as my wife enjoys inflicting pain, it is too much to ask her to do it all the time.

Sarah...
06-21-2008, 04:51 PM
My first leg shave and subsequently epilation have been now, in the summer, and it feels great. Shan't shave any more, grows back too fast, must epilate...

Sarah...

Sylviatg
06-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Janice, keep on shaving year round. No one will notice and if they do tell them you like it that way! You'd be surprised hom many men shave. My GG friend does waxing at a salon and tells me 25% of her clients are men. She markets it as a solution to odor, itch and rash. Keep em smooth honey!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-22-2008, 07:48 AM
No one notices shaved legs, even if they do they don't say anything unless they know you as a friend. I have been clean shaven everywhere, but the groin area for 9 months now. I feel more feminine, I don't smell as bad and I look so much sexier when dressed up.

Kimberly says shave. :battingeyelashes:

debbeelee1
06-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Yep, I stopped shaving my legs and, well, yuck! Can't wait until fall!

gagirl1
06-22-2008, 01:34 PM
don't mean to be rude, but damnit, be strong in who you are. i'm not saying you should out yourself, but stop making excuses not to be happy. if someone asks say it feels nice. say you like it that way. who cares. i see too many people on here afraid of being themselves and it kills me. sorry, i know i don't have a delicate touch, but i'm trying to motivate you all to grow those marbles you already have between your legs and get out there and be who you are. i highly doubt that if you shave your legs anyone will connect the dots. say your wife likes it, say i got drunk and woke up this way and liked it. sorry, didn't mean to be hateful, but i mean, come on. if it makes you happy, DO IT!

Lydia Hamilton
06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Shave, no one notices. I have been building a room on a friend's house these last few days. This morning I was under the edge with the spiders installing a new water facet. He was helping. No two people could ever get much closer. I shaved yesterday morning and neither him nior his wife noticed. In the summer I always work in shorts. So, go and stay smooth. L

CowGurl Rachel
06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
There are PLENTY of non-CD men that have hairless bodies, i.e.: Cyclists shave their legs to keep leg hair out of the bike chain, body builders, swimmers, anyone with asian decent (like my first martial arts instructor), etc. I didn't get chest hair until my late 20's. Besides, it itches too bad when it grows back in!:heehee:

Michelle04240
06-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Keep shaving.

I used to "take the summer off" but no more.
I have been clean shaven for a few years now without a comment. I like my legs better smooth, my wife likes them
better smooth, and I decided I don't care what others think
about it.

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Shave 'em anyway.. who cares what others may say. ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

CD Susan
06-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I have been thinking about shaving my legs but am undecided for a different reason than what has been disscused here. I have varicose veins on my legs and am worried that the shaving will make the veins more sensitive and start iching or worse. I have read that you should not epilate if you have varicose veins and am concerned that this also applies to shaving. I cycle every day so this is another reason I want smooth legs. I do not care if anyone notices and what they would think about it. I am thinking of consulting my doctor about this as well as having surgery to remove the veins.

KandisTX
06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I have been thinking about shaving my legs but am undecided for a different reason than what has been disscused here. I have varicose veins on my legs and am worried that the shaving will make the veins more sensitive and start iching or worse. I have read that you should not epilate if you have varicose veins and am concerned that this also applies to shaving. I cycle every day so this is another reason I want smooth legs. I do not care if anyone notices and what they would think about it. I am thinking of consulting my doctor about this as well as having surgery to remove the veins.

I believe the reason you are not to epilate is because that procedure essentially pulls the hair out by the root, making you more likely to bleed. I would recommend checking with your doctor first and see what they had to say about this subject.

Kandis:love::rose2:

missattitude
06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I stop shaving. many guys that are straight shave there legs. Take on the lifestyle on being preppy. They are notorious for not having hair, so why make a big fuss about. Then again, I use to do the same. Shave only during the winter. Gave that up, as I like the feel of my nylons without hair, less aggravation when wearing them, and can wear them for longer periods of time. When I use to not shave, I couldn't stand to wear any hosiery for more than a hour. However, I can wear them for many hours without any problem, which is what all of us would rather have. Ah, what the hell, just come out, hehe. Tell everyone that you are a cd? See what they say. Or not

Maria

Lucy Bright
06-26-2008, 04:31 PM
I shave all over now, and can't imagine going back. I've been the pool frequently with the children since I started, and the first couple of times I was worried I'd get comments or at least stares - but, nothing. I came out to my brother recently, and had to point out to him that my arms were clean shaven, even though I'd been in the same house as him, in a short-sleeved shirt, for over a day. People just don't notice! (He was cool with it, by the way.)

If you do get nasty remarks, though, I think "Who appointed you Leg Inspector?" might be a good line. Unless the person's bigger than you, of course...

Kisses,

Lucy

Sheri 4242
06-26-2008, 08:53 PM
People really don't seem to notice. The only time I stopped shaving was when I had my hospital stay last year and subsequent convalesence. Ironic: one of my good friends has never shaved but has no hair on his legs! Says a whole lot!