PDA

View Full Version : Another Avenue Moment

jennCD
04-27-2008, 10:45 AM
...so we're at the cashier with a stack of items at the local Avenue store to make sure that my wife took advantage of the recent email coupon she received since "being short of adequate clothing" seems to be a tradition in our family.

I'm keeping the kids busy while the saleswoman rings it all up and I see the total and say "Whoa!" but then she scans the coupon's SKU and down goes the price.

"Two hundred buck, huh?" I say jokingly and my wife flashes me a smile, saying "And that was WITH the 30% off!"

"Hey," I respond, "You know the deal now... I don't get on your ass about what you spend on your clothes and you don't get on mine about what I buy."

... I'm not sure, but I think the laugh that she partially held back would've been a lot louder had we not been in a public place with a few women patiently standing directly behind us.

Smiling, I took the kids by the hands and just said "Let's go wait outside before mommy tries to smack me."

...and no, we didn't do any shopping for me. However well my wife seems to deal with this aspect of our relationship, the general rule still is "Talking about it is one thing,.. seeing it is a different monster altogether", so we're both okay with this balance.

:)
jenn

deja true
04-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I love to hear about loving relationships like this...

Someday,maybe...(sigh!)

TxKimberly
04-27-2008, 11:56 AM
LOL - That sounds pretty much like the deal I have with my wife too.
But you know, I figure as long as we (and you and your wife) are willing to laugh about it and poke fun at it, things are pretty good.

occdresser
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
if nothing else I also like shopping at avenue!:D

victoriamwilliams1
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
With my wife not knowing, I see those numbers and cringe then I remember I spent more than her over the years with clothes, makeup, hose and other stuff including gas from all the driving.

serinalynn
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Sounds like my wife, she'll tell me i have too many womens clothes, but when there is a sale at Lane Bryant she'll say say its ok to go buy something:D

bridget thronton
04-27-2008, 02:42 PM
You wouldn't think it, but I can't come close to spending as much on clothes as my wife

EnglishRose
04-27-2008, 02:53 PM
My wife loves the Avenue and it's coupons, and is talking about buying me stuff soon :)

gennee
04-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool :cool:, Jenn. My wife and I share some clothing. I enjoy shopping at Avenue. There's a store 2 blocks from my home. Now if I can convince her that we go shopping as two women. :D

Gennee

Veronica Nicole
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I think I spend more than my wife does. I always have to push her into buying something new.

sissystephanie
05-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I also love shopping at Avenue and so did my late wife. But when she shopped there, it was to buy clothes for me. She was a Petite, nothing available in Avenue for her. And Yes, we did occasionally shop there as two ladies. The SA's in my local store take good care of me!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!

jo_ann
05-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I was just helping my wife shop at lane bryant, and I will never understand their price structure. 40% off all clothing in the store, unless it falls under a different deal. Take for instance underwear at $15 each. If you buy 5, you get them for $5 each. Who would be stupid not to buy 5 pair, By the time you pay for two pair, you could have 3 more free for $5 less. I believe they do this on purpose, almost saying to you "we know we're charging ridiculous amounts of money for underwear, so why don't you just go ahead and buy 5".

Sometimes I'm glad I'm a man that only has to buy panties once in a while.

Jazz E Still
05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I had never beento the Avenue till I saw a post about the Avenue I ran across the avenue in Amarillo i went in the sa asked if I was looking for someone special I told her I was looking for my wife and I be for it was over she had me trying on shoes and I walked out in a cute pair of cloud walkers they are the best I ware them every were even in boy mode.