PDA

View Full Version : Found a local helpful store!

battybattybats
04-28-2008, 07:56 AM
A friend recently got a job at a local womens clothing boutique!

She mentioned me and some other CDs she knows to her boss. Her boss was fine with the idea. End result, a private appointment! Just me, her and an expensive womens clothing store!

I got to browse without fear and try on a huge amount of clothes!

So now I will have to watch my pennies as the few things I decided on are very expensive.

I have to say it was a truly wonderful experience!

JoanFlores
04-28-2008, 09:39 AM
What a lucky girl, I am happy for you.

docrobbysherry
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank goodness we don't have CD friendly stores near me! I would be "poor" in no time! ( To Cal. CDs; if there R some, please don't tell me!) Thanks.

JoAnnDallas
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
My Tri-Ess chapter had a 2 hour after-hour shopping spree at a local Dress Barn. The two SA's that helped us were thrilled to have us. 15 girls showed up, spent all together over $1,000 and we each tipped the 2 SA's $20 each. The store told us later that they wan to do it again soon.

CharleneT
04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Not sure why all stores don't do that sort of thing, CD's are great for business !!

Sheena Pink
04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Sounds great! Hope you find some Batty-esque outfits! Of course you'll share photos with us:D

Satrana
04-29-2008, 03:02 AM
as the few things I decided on are very expensive.

Little wonder then her boss was OK with it. The profit margins on boutique clothes are too horrifying to contemplate:eek:

battybattybats
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Sounds great! Hope you find some Batty-esque outfits! Of course you'll share photos with us:D

I tried some things of very different styles but what I ended up choosing I think suit me well. More glamourous than usual but hopefully will work well with full makeup and accessories... once I eventually finish paying for them of course!

Jamie M
04-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Glad you had such a great time. It is a wonder that more stores haven't twigged on to this yet . i'm sure that it could do wonders for a buisness tapping into this market. reminds me of a story i saw on the local news just before xmas of an Oxfam ( i think ) shop that was doing just this kind of thing , not sure why it made the news , must have been a slow day but hey ho i'm not complaining . creeps off to find a link for it .....

.... found it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/6931044.stm) , okay was quite a while before xmas apparantly , hey ho time flies doesn't it ;)

Angie G
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Lucky girl can I go. :hugs:
Angie

battybattybats
04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
They certainly are open to other CDs so if anyone is in the New England region of Northern NSW Australia PM me and I'll pass on the details (or is there a place here I should post them?).

Seville
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM

I LOVE your pink hair!

CD Susan
05-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Batty you are one lucky girl!

battybattybats
05-08-2008, 06:53 AM
I sure am!

And so are two other closeted local girls apparently.

I wonder how many more there are?
There's at least me, these two others and a transexual i know. if the CD I saw walking after midnight (I'm 99% sure they were a CD, just for being dressed so classily to the nines and walking nowhere near any nightspots well after midnight) while I was getting a taxi home from a friends wasn't one of the two that'd be three!

If only there was an easier way to get in contact with others locally.

The store is open to more CDs getting such private appointments too, so any girls near Northern NSW/New England Australia can be in luck too!

Jenny Doolittle
05-08-2008, 01:44 PM
In Dayton comming up on Saturday evening a hair salon called "Bella's" is having an open house for Gurls. Thye do this once a month and then all the gurls go out togeather for an evening of fun.