PDA

View Full Version : painted nails

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-06-2005, 09:04 PM
i think i have come up with a plausable reason for us to keep our finger and toenails painted nice bright sparkly colors,,so we wont bite them anymore :D
i used to bite my nails for years then one day i just desided to quit,, :D

DanaJ
05-06-2005, 09:07 PM
...or you could just get a set of artificial nails too to keep from biting them :)

Like these ;)

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
05-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Good reason to me> I stopped my biting habit four years ago now and my nails have shown the improvement :)

Holly
05-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Reminds me... gotta get mine filled tomorrow:D

wilma
05-06-2005, 10:36 PM
The first time I painted my nails I told myself they had to get longer. I havent bit them since. LOL Wilma

Torque
05-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Dana J... I'll admit that the nails look really good. I always did like it when girls painted their nails and toenails.. I think everyone here should post pictures of thiers :o) j/k. sort of..

MonaSmith
05-07-2005, 03:13 AM
You bite your toenails???? Ewwwwww!!!! :D

Why not just say "because I like them like that", it works for me.

Mona xx.

Natasha Anne
05-07-2005, 03:14 AM
My excuse, "I'm a transvestite". You should see the looks I get when that one pops out to people who don't know.

I'm tired of finding reasons for who I am, I don't need an excuse to be me.

MonaSmith
05-07-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm tired of finding reasons for who I am, I don't need an excuse to be me.Well said Natasha, I agree wholeheartedly.

Mona xx.

Torque
05-07-2005, 03:32 AM
I think a thread with this title should have more pictures that have to do with the title.... :)

Mandy Salamander
05-07-2005, 03:58 AM
I've always used your explanation myself, Mona, but that all changes tomorrow morning, I think I love you Natasha!

sarah
05-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Sometimes i paint my little finger nails and always keep the others long and manicured people usualy say my nails are too long for a boy but i just tell them i cant stand short nails .!!!!and its the fahion to paint your little ones ...most of the people i know have no idea of o/seas fashion so they wouldnt have a clue .....xoxoxo

Deanna2
05-07-2005, 09:28 AM
I do the four fingernails on each hand with clear wet shine polish and they glisten in the sunlight or bright artificial light. I often just look at them and admire them. I don't do my thumbnails because they are so much bigger and more obvious.

When I dress up completely I'll do all my nails in red.

Luvya

MonaSmith
05-07-2005, 09:52 AM
I do the four fingernails on each hand with clear wet shine polish and they glisten in the sunlight or bright artificial light. I often just look at them and admire them. I don't do my thumbnails because they are so much bigger and more obvious.

When I dress up completely I'll do all my nails in red.

LuvyaHiya Deanna,

Try doing the thumbs too, just for a day even, and see if anyone notices. It's just a small step, but I'm sure that it would make the day that bit more special.

Mona xx.

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Mona :eek: NO i dont bite my toenails (silly girl)

i guess i should have been more clear,, i ment this post to be aimed more at the shy cds who want to take small steps into the world......

i would rather paint my REAL nails than to wear fake ones,,if i could keep my hands away from working on cars then my nails would be long,,,

Natasha Anne
05-07-2005, 12:51 PM
I've always used your explanation myself, Mona, but that all changes tomorrow morning, I think I love you Natasha!

I get butterflies in my stomach everytime. I've never quite got used to saying that, but I ensure I do.

I hope it goes well for you. The more of us who just admit what we are the more "normal" we become. People love playing on our insecurities, and if we don't come across as insecure that will go away.

I wore platform flats and girls jeans to the office on Friday. I normally wear girls jeans on a Friday, but this time people commented on my shoes, because they were a lot more noticable than the regular androgynous fare I wear. I bought them when I went to lunch, and decided to wear them for the rest of the day. I got a lot of comments and looks, but they were work appropriate for the other gender so I just carried on regardless. Same goes for my nails, they are painted with Estee Lauder Starfish. I don't think you can buy it anymore, it is essentially shiny clear nailpolish with a mother-of-pearl tint and very fine glitter. It is especially noticable under sunlight or tungsten lights.

In case you're wondering, I do a lot of consulting, so the other days I wear drab, but I think my shoes are going to switch to the ladies flats I bought last week. I got two pairs in my size that I adore!

Rachel Ann
05-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I painted my toenails (red) for the first time the other day. :) I did a terrible job, but Dana :cool: is helping me improve.

I can't go around with my fingernails painted except at T events, but every morning when I get out of bed, the first time I look at my feet reminds me that I'm a girl! :D

eileen1969
05-07-2005, 07:23 PM
I remember all the times that I chewed my nails a lot , right to the extreme were hang nails came freqeuntly and that hurt! Today, I no longer bite on them and think of just how beautiful as well potentail they have girl!
Mine are au naturally long and very sexy too! you can have this too love just picture your nails girl! take care Ron ;)

Alie
05-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Just starting to grow mine out. How do you keep them from breaking?

Katrina
05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I have my toes painted a pearly-blue color. Its very subtle unless you look at it straight on, then they are very noticable. I did grow my finger nails longish, but they kept bugging me so I cut them :(. I may grow them long again since my GF likes them longish when I scratch her back...

DanaJ
05-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Just starting to grow mine out. How do you keep them from breaking?Go to a salon, get gel put on them :)

DanaJ

JoannaDees
05-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Beware, Dana is a Gel pusher. I'm about ready to get it done myself. My nails are thin and weak and will not grow. Gel nails sound great ... and you get to be at a salon with a woman pampering you. At least that's the fantasy.

Nail Me Baby!

--Joanna

Rachel Ann
05-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Just starting to grow mine out. How do you keep them from breaking?
I'm told that Sally Hansen nail hardener really works. But, Dana knows way more about this than I do.

The great thing about painted toenails is that no matter what's happening, when I get out of bed in the morning, the first thing I look at is my feet - and I'm reminded that I'm a girl. :)

Joanna - hello stranger! Great smile! How have you been? :cool:

Torque
05-09-2005, 01:48 AM
I personally think this thread should contain more pictures of nails.... jmo.

Natasha Anne
05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Happy now?

Sorry I couldn't resist!

I personally think this thread should contain more pictures of nails.... jmo.

Jessicafreed
05-14-2005, 06:33 PM
I keep my toenails alway polished. They look really cute when I wear my strappy sandals and they are a nice reminder everytime I get up that I am a girl.

Below are few of my painted toenail pictures as well as a link to my photo album with more pictures.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jessicafreed/my_photos