PDA

View Full Version : Try it on First. That would rock!!!

xdress2lady
04-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi ladies;

Sorry I don't have a pic up for my profile. I'll have one soon. I have good question for everyone who has spent way too much money and did NOT get what they wanted in the end.

The question is do you always or have you ever gone to the changing room to try on Female clothes at the store before you buy them? I don't know how much money I would have saved if I could have done this. As every lady knows, just cause it fits on the tag doesn't mean it looks good on you!

So, if you have any ideas of how you can accomplish trying clothes on at the store I am all ears. Or do any of you know CD friendly stores that allow this. Tell me any dreams, scenes or schemes.

Oh and has anyone gone into a store en-femme and been busted by the clerks and what happened ? Can they Charge you by doing this?

Sorry about this run on thread...Just want clothes that fit right and suit me. :-)

thanks girls:)

Josie

celeste26
04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I see that you 're a new person here. If you read the many threads we have you'll read of many who have done this including myself. I dont usually go to the more expensive shops, I usually go to the thrift stores, but I have tried on outfits many time without an issue.

Still others who are shy and they dont even go en femme so it is far harder to get the right sizes. Mostly it is just a matter of respecting others and they will give you the respect you deserve.

Good luck and try on those outfits before you spend your money!

KimberlyS
04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Josie
I shop for femme things in both male and femme modes. And while I blend well at a distance I do not pass up close. My experience has been act like a serious shopper/customer you get treated like one. Treat them with respect you will usually get the same back.

As for actually shopping, yes I quickly got tired of getting things home and they did not fit right or look right on. So now I usually try things on in the stores in both modes. In the discount stores (Target, Wallymart, Ross, Shopko, KMart, and others) with the side by side dressing rooms I let the attendant decide or usually just go in the side that a lines with the mode I am in. Be prepared for some looks and maybe some questioning comments. Do not be defensive and do not deny they are for you. A simple yes the are for me works, with a confident look.

In stores with separate fitting rooms or with only womens fitting rooms I will ask if there is a place I can try thing on. Then let them decide if and where. It has always been at a near by fitting room. Now I have been asked to wait for the rooms to clear, been asked to come back in a little while and have been put in a stock room for trying things on. But also while in male mode I have often been asked if I want to try things on. First time takes one by surprise and I was even more surprised when a gal at Victoria Secret asked me if I wanted to try the bra on for fit.

For starters I would suggest going at a less busy time like early shortly after opening on a week day if possible. This is also a good time as that is when many managers are there. Later about an hour before close on a Mon-Thursday is also often slower and a good time to go. But I have also been taken into the middle of a busy fitting room while in male mode the GG's seem not to care or notice. I was a bit freaked out the first time.

I actually would suggest you go to a full service womans department or store where they have SA's that help you. And do not avoid the SA's as they are your friend. Avoiding the SA's and hiding behind the racks just makes you look like a shoplifter and draws more attention to you. You do not need to go into some big speech that it is for you. Just tell them you are looking for a _______ (what ever you want). If you have a preference for a color or style tell them that. You are just making conversation and letting them know what you are looking for. When they ask size, it is your size. They may pause at this point or other points when they realize it is for you. This is just their brain relining to your needs. If you want to break it up some, say yes it is for me. But do not make a big deal out of it. Just state it and go on with conversation and looking for what you want. Remember you are a shopper so shop.

Again, you do not need to make any big announcements. Do not lie and say it is for someone else. Just make the needed information part of the conversation. I use to act hesitant about the size and fit. They would then often ask me if I wanted to try it on. Now I just ask if there is some place I can try it on.

Shop for femme items like you were shopping for power tools at your favorite boy toy store, I mean hardware store. You walk in and head for what you came for browsing as you go. If a SA asks if you need help you say yes. Well humor me on that one and let your femme side say yes to help. You get to what you want, maybe already carrying some other item. You look at what you came for. You look at the different models, you pick up the boxes and read the different options. You grab for the demo models and check them out. Colors, feel in your hand, the weight, you look at front and back top and bottom. You try out all of the buttons, switches and other options. You may not need a fitting room for that power tool, but you would if it was male jeans or some other male clothing item. So why would you not try it on if it was a femme clothing item.

One last hint. If possible get away from home and those you know. It makes it much easer to relax starting out.

QUOTE=xdress2lady;1278697]..has anyone gone into a store en-femme and been busted by the clerks and what happened ? Can they Charge you by doing this?[/QUOTE]

I have had zero problems shopping in any mode for femme things. And if some reason they are still questioning if I am male or female, they know when I pay with my male credit card and ID.

My backup plan that I have never had to use is, if there is any trouble or they say I can not try them on, I will say sorry you do not want my business and leave with my head up with a good attitude. Then stop at the next store. IMHO and experience, other peoples attitude and acceptance starts with your attitude and personal acceptance of you and what you are doing.

Now lets go shopping.

sandra-leigh
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
The question is do you always or have you ever gone to the changing room to try on Female clothes at the store before you buy them?

Often. And usually in male mode, though *all* of the clothes I have on might in fact be female clothes -- oh, and often in male mode wearing my forms... usually not "showing them off", but not hiding them either.

Just last night I was in a mall shopping (male head, subtle female clothes) for womens' pants, and had no problem at all -- no problem in the browsing, no problem getting SAs to consider my needs seriously, no problem getting the same care as a woman would when I went into a store that sold only womens clothes. They hunted around for the right sizes for me, dug in the back room for other styles that fit what I had described, both SAs offered to start a fitting room for me, and they scurried off to dig out different sizes when I needed them. I was in there for some time, maybe even as much as an hour, and they treated me well, and were completely patient with me. And when GGs came in and wanted to try things on, they were sent to the same fitting area as I was, with no attempt to "warn" them or otherwise hint that there was anything unusual about a guy trying on clothes in one of the rooms. And when they registered me in their customer database, they put down my sex as 'F' :heehee:

This was not at some special store that anyone had ever recommended to me as being CD friendly: this was just another clothing store in one of our larger malls, a clothing store focusing on more mature women rather than focusing on teenagers or "contemporary" wear.

When I was in the same mall a few days before that, also looking for pants that time, in a different store, I went in, browsed slightly, found the pants section and started going through them, and a young SA asked me if they could help me. I explained what I was looking for. The SA asked me "Is this for your wife?" and I responded softly with a smile, "No, these are for me." There was a noticeable pause, and the SA exclaimed, "But these are womens' pants!", to which I replied briefly something along the lines of "Yes, these are what I'm looking for." The SA looked amazed for about another 2 seconds, and then cleared right up, and from that point on treated me as just another customer, including suggesting possibilities and wanting to know if I wanted to look at tops, starting a change room for me, giving me opinions on fits, and so on. Once she'd gotten over the initial shock, she got right into it -- not at all in a "patronizing" ("matronizing"?) way, but rather just like any customer whom she thought was serious and likely to buy if she could match me with the right things.

She mentioned later that she was new and in training; if she'd had more experience, then she would likely easily have picked up on the purchase being for me just by the way I was describing what I was looking for. Perhaps I was her first "drab" crossdressing customer :)

jamiecd636
04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Since joining this Forum, I have found the courage to go shopping in male mode many times. I love it. Walk into the store, when the SA offers help, respond yes you can. The first time I did it was difficult, but she made me feel welcomed. I have not done this at large Department Stores, but at stores like Dress Barn, Fashion Bug and Victoria Secret. I have tried on in every store I have gone too. Be open and honest. During my last shopping trip, mid-afternoon, the SA helped me pick out several outfits, started a dressing room, brought other items for me to try, and check to see how I was doing many times. There were GG's all around, no one seemed to care.

The most fun I have had, is when I walked into a store, told the SA I wanted to be dressed from top to bottom, inside to outside. Walked out with bra, panties, shoes, skirt, sweater and jewelry. I told her to pick out an outfit she really liked and we went for it. It was great fun.

The first time is the hardest, but once you do it you will go back often.

joank
04-29-2008, 05:24 PM
I have used the women's dressing room in Kohl's and Mervyn's with no issues while dressed appropriately. As stated aby previous responder, I also go in just after opening and do not avoid the SA's. There has never (to date) been a problem and it sure has saved money as to fit and look. Just the other day I rejected a reallly nice sweater because the neck was more scooped that my bust can handle. Good luck and just use common sence.

jennifer41356
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=xdress2lady;1278697]Hi ladies;

The question is do you always or have you ever gone to the changing room to try on Female clothes at the store before you buy them? I don't know how much money I would have saved if I could have done this. As every lady knows, just cause it fits on the tag doesn't mean it looks good on you!

So, if you have any ideas of how you can accomplish trying clothes on at the store I am all ears. Or do any of you know CD friendly stores that allow this. Tell me any dreams, scenes or schemes.

Oh and has anyone gone into a store en-femme and been busted by the clerks and what happened ? Can they Charge you by doing this?

I try on all my clothes before i buy em...I always shop as a lady so I try on my clothes in the ladies dressing rooms...been to Ross, Kohls, Dillards, etc..its certainly easier to try on womens clothes as a woman:love:

charlie
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Hello Josie!
Welcome to the forum! I hope the advice and concern expressed by the members here are as helpful to you as these great people are to me. That said, I too have spent hundreds of dollars on ebay and the like because I did not try the item on before buying it! My favorite store now is... the Goodwill. Nobody cares that you are a man in the female sections. Nobody cares that you are going to the dressing room with a cart full of woman's clothes. Nobody cares. Also, if you go to a Goodwill store in a nice section of town, you will find current fashions at great prices. My whole wardrobe now is Goodwill. After a few wearings, I turn my $6.00 item back in (only $3.00 on Saturdays) and get something else. I have purchased dresses, skirts, nightgowns, blouses and even ladies professional suits. It is fun, you get lots of items and the cost is easy! Try it.

Sinthia
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I have used the dressing rooms many times. Always in male clothes, but not hiding the dress or skirt that I will be trying on. And I usually show the lady at the fitting room what I am taking in there. The smiles that I get are priceless.

xdress2lady
04-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow..You ladies make it sound so easy.

I just wish I lived in a larger area. I come from a small city in Canada so I am not sure how the locals would take to me but there are several large cities within a days drive or so. I am soooo going to try my first time at one of these larger areas. I just didn't want to end up in jail AND in a strange place LOL.

At first, I'll go like a guy as I have never been outside of my house as a lady but I can't wait till the day comes. I'll be checking other posts on how to do that properly when the time comes.

But keeping with this thread, in all of your cases, did the SA's help you get clothes that flatter your fem side or your Masculin side with female clothes? I suppose this would be directed to those that go shopping as a man. Hope that makes sense.

thanks again gurls!!! :)

Josie

Butterfly Bill
04-29-2008, 08:41 PM
I have shopped for clothes both in pants and in a dress (mostly the latter), and I first measure stuff as it hangs on the rack with a tape measure to see if it's close enough, then I take it over to the dressing room on the men's side. If there is a person minding the entrance to the dressing room I just show it the same way I would show a pair of jeans. They like to put your money into their cash register as much as they do the straight people's money, and they aren't going to discourage a sale.