PDA

View Full Version : Man sighted in ladies bathing suit

Emily Anderson
04-30-2008, 10:48 AM
While I was at the swimming pool the other day with my kids, there was a young guy - mid-twenties I would say - wearing a pink floral ladies bathing suit. He was with three male friends of about the same age. His friends were dressed normally - in male trunks - and they were all going about their swimming activity without a care in the world, despite the large crowd of over 500 people.

The guys weren't behaving badly, or making any kind of fuss, and it would hardly be worth mentioning, other than the fact that nobody stared and nobody really cared, because there was nothing going on except one guy had chosen for whatever reason to put on a ladies bathing suit.

I thought the guys had either done it for fun, or the "poor" guy in pink was short of a bathing costume and had to borrow one from a girlfriend. I guess others passed it off for similar reasons.

Marvina Martian
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Lucky kid! ;)

Rachaelb64
04-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Well I hope if he did for a bet he got his money from his friends :D

MJ
04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
if anything it shows that nobody cares what you wear ...
i must say he was very brave ..there are still some things i will not do ...and that is one of them ..
my hat's off to the young man

carolinewalker_2000
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Well whatever the reason, good on him for having the courage to wear a girls swimsuit and, apparently, not being embarassed to be seen in public.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Speaking of courage, let me be the one to ask, tucked or untucked?

I think this will tell us a lot.

Emily Anderson
04-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Untucked. He wasn't trying to pass as a female.

MsJoann
04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I've used a hotel swimming pool and wore a one-piece suit. Usually, that particular pool is hardly used, so I took a chance, went into the ladies' shower room, changed, thinking I would be alone in the pool.
When I got to the pool, there was a mid-50-ish woman swimming alone. It was do-or-die time for me. So I bit the big one and joined her. She knew I was male...but chatted nicely with me just the same. She actually made me feel so comfortable.
And yes, I was tucked!

Emily Anderson
04-30-2008, 12:24 PM
MJ,

Indeed nobody cared, and to be honest I was probably the one that was most concerned because it instantly reminded me that I'm a crossdresser, whereas others probably just laughed it off or ignored it.

At first I was half-expecting the security guards to come along and haul him away, but seeing as nobody else paid any attention (including all the kids that were there), I realized after a short while that it was just a minor "blip".

Hmmm, I think I need to go take care of my hangups....

ChristineRenee
04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
i must say he was very brave ..there are still some things i will not do ...and that is one of them ..
my hat's off to the young manI agree with this too. Pretty cool that it didn't attract any adverse attention. I love my one piece suits but I too don't have the courage to wear any of them in public, so kudos to him! :thumbsup:

KateSpade83
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for telling us this! I got 4 nice thrift store one pieces!

linnea
04-30-2008, 10:02 PM
my hat's off to the young man

I agree about what it probably shows. Having three friends to get into the water with had to help too. I wouldn't do it alone, but if I had two or three friends along, I think that I might have the nerve.

I've used a hotel swimming pool and wore a one-piece suit. Usually, that particular pool is hardly used, so I took a chance, went into the ladies' shower room, changed, thinking I would be alone in the pool.
When I got to the pool, there was a mid-50-ish woman swimming alone. It was do-or-die time for me. So I bit the big one and joined her. She knew I was male...but chatted nicely with me just the same. She actually made me feel so comfortable.
And yes, I was tucked!

While I was at a hotel in Miami last spring, I did this one night. I was tucked and wore some light makeup (just lipstick and some mascara) as well as earrings. I was pretty sure that the pool would be empty, and it was. However, someone in a room a few floors up saw me and called out. I don't think that the person thought anything except that there was a women in the pool (at that distance I probably looked passable, especially in the shadowy light). Anyway, I stayed in only a short time longer and left as a couple came out to swim. I passed them without any hesitation and went back to my room.
The next day I wore my one-piece during daylight but under a robe and without any make-up or any other femme indicators. I sat by the pool and one time (with robe on) let myself climb part way down one of the ladder to soak my legs and bottom. That method probably looked more odd than anything else would have, but the few people sitting around the pool didn't seem to take any notice more than a casual look.

docrobbysherry
04-30-2008, 11:21 PM
U don't list where u live. Did this happen in the USA? If so, what state?

Emily Anderson
05-01-2008, 01:28 AM
It happened in Belgium, Europe.

Natalia
05-01-2008, 06:00 AM
I travle a lot on business and spend almost every night in the hotel hot tub for my arthritis. I pretty much only wear womens bikini bottoms - a la speedo -

There are so many wonderful florals and neon patterns, as well as high cut designs...

Men's baggy swim suits (I don't even own one) remind me of gang member garb from East LA...

Amy Hepker
05-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Most of the time people are to busy trying to have fun themselves to notice others or don't want to notice others and spoil their fun.

ggtracy
05-01-2008, 07:37 AM
I believe that confidence has a lot to do with how others percieve you. If you act confident and happy, people may be curious but respectful. If you avoid eye contact and act embarassed yourself then others pick up on that and it makes them uncomfortable too.

CD Susan
05-08-2008, 03:40 AM
I admire the guy for having the guts to do it. That took more courage than I have. I do like womens swim suits though, I have about half a dozen of them for just around the house.

RitaCD
05-10-2008, 11:42 AM
I travle a lot on business and spend almost every night in the hotel hot tub for my arthritis. I pretty much only wear womens bikini bottoms - a la speedo -

There are so many wonderful florals and neon patterns, as well as high cut designs...

Men's baggy swim suits (I don't even own one) remind me of gang member garb from East LA...

OK, I will ask this time. Tucked or untucked?

kymmieLorain
05-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I wear ladies swim shorts as my swim suit. I hate the long trunks that is the style nowa days. I used to wear a speedo but don't have the body for it any more.

Kymmie

Angie G
05-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Well I'll bet he enjoyed it what ever the reason. I would love to swim like that.:hugs:
Angie

Raquel June
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm intrigued by my own reaction to this...

When I heard the topic, I thought "HOT!" ... and when I heard he was untucked, I thought, "Kinky!"

Sissy_in_pink
05-28-2008, 04:37 AM
Wish I was him, but I got to ask, WHERE IS THE PHOTO?:Angry3:

Jeannie Bingham
05-28-2008, 06:15 AM
I'd guess he was probably paying a forfeit for losing a bet.

Raquel June
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
The guys weren't behaving badly, or making any kind of fuss, and it would hardly be worth mentioning, other than the fact that nobody stared and nobody really cared, because there was nothing going on except one guy had chosen for whatever reason to put on a ladies bathing suit.

I thought the guys had either done it for fun, or the "poor" guy in pink was short of a bathing costume and had to borrow one from a girlfriend. I guess others passed it off for similar reasons.

This seems pretty interesting to me.

If they did it for fun, of if he lost a bet, I would think they would be joking around about it instead of just acting like nothing was out of the ordinary.

I'm sure they have a different culture going on in Belgium than I'm used to, but it seems extremely unlikely that a guy would wear a women's bathing suit just because he didn't have one. He would likely wear his underwear, or whatever pants he currently had on for swimming before he'd put on a women's suit.

But I suppose I was envisioning a guy wearing a women's one-piece suit. Are you saying that he was just wearing bikini bottoms? That's really no big deal ... guys wear speedos all the time which are very similar to a women's bikini bottom. I actually wear women's bikini bottoms instead of panties most of the time when I dress because they're more comfortable than any panties I've found.

Emily Anderson
05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Raquel,

He was wearing a women's one piece, varying at times between wearing it normally over the shoulders and letting the top part hang down around his midriff. I'm guessing it was probably a bit to short for his torso length.

Donna Michelle
05-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I wore my wife's bathing suits when I fit in them. I am now bigger, so she bought me a new one-piece in slimming black. We no longer have our own swimming pool, so I don't know when or wear I would wear it.

If/when we install a big whirlpool tub in the new house, I could wear it there. Or I can go outside in our fenced yard. The neighbors have seen me crossdress and still talk to me, so why not? Hmm. Reminds me of a story...

I remember removing my wife's bathing suit in our pool when we were first married. My stepson from my late wife unexpectedly arrived and my wife was trying to get dressed. She got pregnant soon after and never fit into that suit again. She must have only worn it 5 minutes!

Kari Lynn Franks
05-28-2008, 06:59 PM
my wife bought me a 2 piece last week. we have a place on the lake called hippie hollow im going to wear it i will post pics its really cute

Nicole Erin
05-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Picturing this, I am imagining the guy was not acting insecure in the least.

Being confident is quite difficult for some. Yet, he was doing just that and no one gave him any crap.

heathertv35
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Untucked. He wasn't trying to pass as a female.

Its was already answered once Rita....just to let ya know....

JumpsuitBoy
06-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Gotta love the feeling of a one piece. I really only like the high-neck back-zip style, not so much the step-in strappy ones. Trisuits are available in both mens and womens styles, sometimes they sell them as UV protective or sun suits, or as a rashguard suit for wearing under wetsuits. I've gone swimming at the gym wearing a black high-neck wrestling singlet. It's hard to tell if you're getting a negative reaction from people (or if they even notice) when you're so excited and self-conscious at the same time. I guess that's part of the fun.

Lately I picked up an Adidas squat suit that I've been wearing as a swimsuit (only in a private pool so far). I admittedly don't have the hottest legs at the moment so I like the longer leg length, but this style has the benefit of giving the illusion that I'm wearing a leotard over shorts.

Can't find a pic on the web, so I guess I'll have to post one of my own :)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7176/dsc01197tf9.jpg

Since it hasn't been mentioned, there is a site dedicated to men in one piece swimsuits at:
http://www.onepieceswim.com/

Patti Girl
06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
There was a guy wearing a two piece woman's swim suit in a suburban Cincinnati park last year (no pool). He was arrested (later released) but they showed him in the outfit at the police station on the TV news.

Yes, Belgium is different than Cincinnati :eek:

Patti

neowang
06-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Gotta love the feeling of a one piece. I really only like the high-neck back-zip style, not so much the step-in strappy ones. Trisuits are available in both mens and womens styles, sometimes they sell them as UV protective or sun suits, or as a rashguard suit for wearing under wetsuits. I've gone swimming at the gym wearing a black high-neck wrestling singlet. It's hard to tell if you're getting a negative reaction from people (or if they even notice) when you're so excited and self-conscious at the same time. I guess that's part of the fun.

Lately I picked up an Adidas squat suit that I've been wearing as a swimsuit (only in a private pool so far). I admittedly don't have the hottest legs at the moment so I like the longer leg length, but this style has the benefit of giving the illusion that I'm wearing a leotard over shorts.

Can't find a pic on the web, so I guess I'll have to post one of my own :)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7176/dsc01197tf9.jpg

Since it hasn't been mentioned, there is a site dedicated to men in one piece swimsuits at:
http://www.onepieceswim.com/

nice, i have a couple of the high-neck suits as well. i wish i had the guts to go out swimming in one of them though...

Katie145
07-16-2008, 06:30 AM
Hiya! Thank you for this topic - it's actually how I ended up finding this site through a google search. Some of my favorite aritcles of cloting are women's swimsuits. My favorite style is a one-peice speedo racing style.... skin tight and form fitting, but I have many others too, including two peice bikinis. I work on the road a lot, and stay in hotels about 3 nights a week or so. One of the first things I do when I get there is scout out the swimming pool and hot tub (if there is one). If it seems pretty unpopulated, and I can get away with swimming in a woman's suit without being seen, I'll do it. What I'll usually do is wear it underneath some shorts (they pass as mens, but they're acutally women's shorts, with a built in panty, control panel included!), then pull the suit up over my shoulders. When I'm certain no one is around, I'll slip my shorts off and place em by the pool. Some hot tubs are secluded enough that I'll pull my suit on and take the shorts off before I get in. I've never done it in front of anyone else, at least not intentionally. I think a few people may have seen me, but I'd never let em get close enough to see... though I've had a few VERY close calls. My dream some day is to go to, say, a water park like wet-and-wild wearing nothing but a woman's suit, not caring what anyone else thought. I just don't have the courage to do it :(

Tina Dixon
07-16-2008, 07:13 AM
I hope he was trimmed in all the right areas:heehee:

rachellenicole
07-16-2008, 06:26 PM
I saw pictures of the actor Jim Carey in his girl friends black 1 piece swimming suit just a few days ago. The pictures were all over the web. He has a lot of moxy doing that, considering his celebrity status.

Rach

Randee
07-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I have had good experiences swimming laps in hotel pools in one piece swimsuits. I prefer the high neck backzip styles in Aquablade and the S2000, which was also made for men. I can go out to the pool with lycra shorts on over them and it looks like a presentable outfit in itself. The combination gives a little extra warmth against the chill of the water. When it feels right I slip out of the shorts and swim in just the suit which feels wonderful, as you all know. Whenever people have seen me in one piece swimsuits, they have only offered compliments if they said anything at all. Typically it was "nice suit!" If, for some reason, you feel uncomfortable around people around you while in the suit, you can peel it down and exit the pool area in just the shorts/jammers.

Susan.
07-16-2008, 08:04 PM
I saw the Jim Carey photos too. I would have worn her bathing suit too and that is not particularly appealing too me but Jenny McCarthy is hot. I have about 4 Playboys and she is in them all. Lucky Jim...

teresa jeen
07-16-2008, 08:09 PM
passing was easy, coming home in a delivery dress!!

Empress Lainie
07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
That was one of my obstacles (not a big one for me) to overcome which I did a few months ago.

I first went out in a bikini covered in a v neck one piece skirted I got at Target. When I went in with that one my apartment manager and her husband were in the hot tub. I chatted with her but he just ignored me. She knows i am trans and is always warm to me.

Then I got a top and bottom bikini, wore it with my panties under it, and went into the hot tub. Two teenage girls came in later while I was there and paid me no mind.

So my last hurdle on passing being dressing, I am accepted always as a GG, lucky me.