PDA

View Full Version : on passing

slamddoger
05-01-2008, 07:21 AM
any body can pass as a women it take hard work to do it you have to leren mach outfit .you have to have the right wig and leren how to put on to look right. you have to leren how to put makeup on right and you have to leren the move as a women and you have to leren to be confuble be out as a women there book s to how it is done there is women maz. that good arc. in them.

Shannen
05-01-2008, 08:19 AM
don't forget the attitude!

Most GG's don't come close to looking as good as their own retouched magazine pictures... so I'm not sure that's the best goal...

I find that watching real women in the real world is much more beneficial to finding out what is appropriate to do while dressed.

Chari
05-01-2008, 09:05 AM
There is alot more to passing as a woman than just the outside wrapper. Learning how to walk in heel and flats, talk, gesture, sit in jeans, skirt / dress are just a few of the telltale signs of being a woman. How do carry your purse, comb your hair, re-act to seeing your body reflection in a mirror, smile, look at your hands, hold a wine glass? Of course some GGs look like linebackers or Sumo wrestlers and IMO, that is not a very femme image that I want to project. It takes alot of continuous practice to pass as a feminine!

Enjoy life, Chari

slamddoger
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
there is a lot to learn .and thing that dint think of

Julie York
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Looking like a linebacker in a dress is not the problem then?

trannie T
05-01-2008, 09:11 PM
That must be why I have such an easy time passing. There must be some other reason that crowds of teenage girls follow me through the mall.

tricia_uktv
05-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Yep we can all pass - from 100 yards away at midnight in an unlit street!

deja true
05-02-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm gonna start marketing those funhouse mirrors that make you look slimmer to linebackers that like to dress. Think an ad on the Superbowl program will do it?

But I don't think I'll ever find a product that gets linebackers or Paris Hilton look alikes to understand that the feeling of femininity, the mindset of women is more important than just the look.

Presenting is important, but being is more so.

JoAnnDallas
05-02-2008, 09:11 AM
When I go out I dress similar to how I look in my avatar. So far I have never had a problem with anyone that I have enteracted with or been around. I have found that if one dresses to blend in, that means your outfit, makeup, wig, mannerisms, and etc., then most people will not pay any attention to you. Your just another woman among the crowd.
I have seen women that I was sure they were a CDer but was 100% wrong.

INHO the best way to pass in public is

1. Dress to blend in
2. Act like you have been doing this every day of your life.
3. Smile back if someone looks at you.

It has work very well for me so far.

Belfast Bill
05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
There are those who because of their physical size, walk, and mannerisms could never ever pass, not even on a desert island!
To paraphrase Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry "A girls got to know her limitations".
BUT let everyone dress up, wear what they want have a awesome time, but let us not pretend that they could be past off as a Duchess at the next ball.:)

Nicki B
05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Slamddoger, how do you define 'passing'? :idontknow:

IMkrystal
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
There is alot more to passing as a woman than just the outside wrapper. Learning how to walk in heel and flats, talk, gesture, sit in jeans, skirt / dress are just a few of the telltale signs of being a woman. How do carry your purse, comb your hair, re-act to seeing your body reflection in a mirror, smile, look at your hands, hold a wine glass? Of course some GGs look like linebackers or Sumo wrestlers and IMO, that is not a very femme image that I want to project. It takes alot of continuous practice to pass as a feminine!

Enjoy life, Chari

Chari I agree with you 110%. I have been on dating sites with this picture and I get many messages from women say How beautiful I look My response has been,

"Thanks for the compliment. As I have told others, this is only a 2 dimensional photo. Only women who have experience years of growing up and learning about themselves and the world around, I call beautiful. I have grown up as a man. I could never be as beautiful. Sweetie good luck in your search & Be Careful."

Women perhaps more curious about this then men. From the many messages I have received it is one of acceptance:straightface: not OMG!:eek:

michelle64
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Chari I agree with you 110%. I have been on dating sites with this picture and I get many messages from women say How beautiful I look My response has been,

"Thanks for the compliment. As I have told others, this is only a 2 dimensional photo. Only women who have experience years of growing up and learning about themselves and the world around, I call beautiful. I have grown up as a man. I could never be as beautiful. Sweetie good luck in your search & Be Careful."

Women perhaps more curious about this then men. From the many messages I have received it is one of acceptance:straightface: not OMG!:eek:

i agree fully..i have little to no facial hair....little to no hair elsewhere..tiny adams apple and a small head..yes some will never pass..my SO get jealous over the way i look when out enfemme...funny really....your post about true GG's is spot on..never been treated bad and accepted fully..ive had great time at many many GG makeup parties and have meet many new friends...my one dilema...i like guy stuff especially weight lifting..gotta wear the three quarter sleeved blouses or im easily read...small price to pay i guess..i like guy stuff 2...enough about me...go out and have fun...learn how to dress and apply makeup and you will have a great time...practice practice practice

Rikkicn
05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
If this 58 year old, chubby trans woman can pass then many of you can. I don't pass all the time but most of the time I do.
I have found the following really made a difference in how often or easily I pass.

Really feminine eye classes. I tried the androgenous styles but when I switched to feminine red pair I passed more.
When I switched from studs and simple gold hoops for ear rings to dangling and colorful I passed more often.
When I switched from black flats to red flats I passed more easily. also adding a colorful purse helps too.
When my hair hangs in front of my eyes i pass more than when it is pulled back.

It took time getting used to moving from androgeny to feminine. I live full time now and sometimes I don't want to do all that to go to the store and I'll get sir'd. It sound strange when I hear that now but I've gotten used to it.

Living in San Francisco makes it easier too

shirley1
05-05-2008, 07:08 PM
the problem as i see it now having been out a few times is how do you know if you have passed unless someone makes it obvoius to you that they have read you ? its impossible - the voice in my opnion is the biggest giveaway if you have a deepish voice like mine it doesnt really match with the look i am presenting !

Deborah Jane
05-05-2008, 07:19 PM
The "Holy Grail" of crossdressers the world over!!
Even more of a challenge than discovering The Meaning of Life!!
The Ultimate Challenge!!

Gawd, i wish i knew the answer to this!!

At the moment it would be easier to make a silk purse from a sows ear!!

slamddoger
05-06-2008, 07:04 AM
passing is that you feel conmbule in your self and have confend in your self. that you can do it.

CD Susan
05-07-2008, 04:35 AM
INHO the best way to pass in public is

1. Dress to blend in
2. Act like you have been doing this every day of your life.
3. Smile back if someone looks at you.

It has work very well for me so far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip JoAnn

victoriamwilliams1
05-07-2008, 07:32 AM
It has been said that tall girls are outed more which my be true if she is wearing 5 inch heels and club wear to the mall.

I would add dress based on the time of day if going out to shop as well as close to your own age.

I am near 7ft so I stand out so I dress business casual most of the time and I do have some casual clothing as well.