PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing & Being Adopted

jessbcuzz
05-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Being that I was adopted early in my life, I often wonder how much different would my life be? Sometimes I wonder if I would be a crossdresser if I would not have been adopted. I was 6 months old at the time, and I know nothing of what caused my biological mother to give me up. I tend to believe that it must have been something so bad, that she gave up my sister and me. Where my sister is, I have no clue because Ohio had closed adoptions back then (the 70's). On that note, I often wonder if one of the underlying factors of being a crossdress is not ever having, what's the right term.... bonding, with my biological mother. When being dressed en fem, does it fill that void?
I have nothing against my adoptive parents, but I wonder if being adopted has any role in why I dress. I love my two non biological sisters to death, but they always got special treatment. I wonder if seeing and dealing with that somehow helped shape me into the crossdresser that I am.
I had been caught a few times dressed while growing up. My adoptive mother was a baton instructor, and I was always in awe at how beautiful the girls were in their baton uniforms. My mother had all kinds of uniforms around, and I finally became brave one day to sneak on into my bedroom. I think I was in 5th or 6th grade at the time. Anyhow, I had never felt anything some comfortable in my life up to that time. It felt like it was the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle. From there on, I would eventually go a little bit further when I dared to do something new. My sister was a cheerleader, and I longed for the chance to put that on, even if it were just for a few seconds. I can even recall using my mothers makeup one night when i was going to be alone for quite a few hours. The few times I was caught, I always ended up with a talk from my dad. It was always the same speech on how it's not right for boys to wear women's clothing, blah, blah, blah. I think it was the third time when he finally asked it I wanted to be a girl. To this day, I wonder what would have happened if I said yes!
They say that life is full of choices, however some, like being adopted, there is not choice. It is choices that others have made that affects the child being adopted. If I hadn't been adopted, would I have been more interested in working on cars and such instead of doing girly things that I do now. Trust me, I'd rather be in the kitchen fixing dinner than changing the oil in my car. Maybe being a crossdresser was written in the stars for my life. If I hadn't been adopted, I wonder would I do it full time and even live my life that way?
With all being said and done, is there any other crossdressers that have been adopted? If so, do you think being adopted has somehow played a role in being a CD?

jill s
05-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Any survey on CDing I have seen says we are pretty normal across the board. No one thing stands out, not; race, birth order, sexual preference, parents divorced , or any other difference. Maybe something our mothers ate at just the right time while pregnant.

LisaElizabeth
05-02-2008, 07:11 AM
I was adopted at 14. I started crossdressing at age 6. so-o-o-o-o-o it really doesn't seem to be the adoptive process that would be a reason!
Lisa E

vivianann
05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I dont think being adopted has anything to do with your desire to crossdress. it is most likely you would have crossdressed if your mother would have raised you. You have raised a good question on the subject. I wish you alot of happiness as you discover your femme self. :hugs: Vivian

RikkiOfLA
05-03-2008, 05:01 AM
I wasn't adopted, and I'm a crossdresser.

Blessings,
Rikki

Lilith Moon
05-03-2008, 05:46 AM
I was adopted at the age of six weeks. The circumstances are not clear but I was probably a war baby, the son of an American serviceman. Apparently, the American pleaded with her to return to the US with him when she got pregnant but she had other children and family commitments. So she decided to stay in the UK and face the music when her husband returned. He decided that I must go and my adoption went ahead brokered by a sister from a local convent. There's lots more detail but I won't bore you all with it. I do wonder if my biological father is still alive and what he is doing right now. If he is he will, most likely, be in his mid-eighties by now. My efforts to trace him came to nothing, WW2 was a chaotic time and few records of troop movements were kept.

Like you, I always felt that I didn't fit in. I'm not sure that it was just the crossdressing although I can clearly remember doing it at the age of five. Looking at old photographs, the difference in appearance between me and the rest of my adopted family is clear. Even my stance and body language looks different. Actually, although I didn't realize at the time, I think I look quite girly in many of the photographs. This might explain some of the hostility and distance that I became aware of from some members of my adopted family.

With hindsight and a perspective of more than half a century I realize that so many things about us are down to our genes. I am now convinced that temperament, personality and IQ all include significant genetic components. This is especially apparent after seeking out and meeting three of my biological sisters and a brother. We are so much more alike than we all expected. They were spooked by our family resemblance but even more spooky was my resemblance to our (deceased) biological mother. A few short video clips is all we have and my appearance, gait, gestures and mannerisms all closely resemble hers, despite me never (knowingly) meeting her after I was adopted.

The crossdressing ? I don't know. Brought up in a houseful of sisters I would have certainly had opportunities :heehee: but that is all I can say.

Joy Carter
05-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Due to family issues my younger brother was addopted at six months. If anything he's the clone of our dad. Figure that one out.

Angie G
05-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I don;t think your being adopted had anything to do with your corssdressing hun You just got lucky on that one. :hugs:
Angie

Nicole Erin
05-03-2008, 10:08 AM
So the adoption thing seems to be irrelevant.
I do wonder if the lack of bonding with mom at an early age effects this CD'ing?

I did and still know my biological mother, we talk at least once a month and she doesn't live far from me.
My adopted mom, however, even though I grew up with her since maybe 2 or 3 [really don't remember] I have never really even known the woman. She seems to be one of those people that just doesn't have any personality.

Maybe one cause of CD'ing is cause of the lack of whatever nurturing moms give to really young kids. I don't know.

Lilith Moon
05-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe one cause of CD'ing is cause of the lack of whatever nurturing moms give to really young kids. I don't know.

Possibly. My cd-ing was well established at age five and I was never close to my adopted mother even before I knew I was adopted.

Amy Hepker
05-03-2008, 10:54 AM
It is who you are not how you are brought up.