PDA

View Full Version : Birthday - Sound Familiar?

Maryanne_sa
05-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi Girls,

Tomorrow is my birthday and I have been asked "What do you want for your birthday?" I reply, "oh anything, shirt, bottle of wine, anything", but I'm thinking, "dress, undies, manicure, surprise me!" but, I know that is not going to happen. This year, I came close to saying what I really want, but did not want to start another major downer for the both of us.

Love,

Maryanne

heathr1
05-04-2008, 10:39 AM
lol!

I know exactly what you mean!

A makeover day would be nice.

AKAMichelle
05-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I know exactly what you mean.

A year ago I sat in the car dealership buying me a new car and all I could think about was wanting to have my ears pierced.

amber 07
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
and now you regret not having your ears pierced and getting earrings to match your new car. Hugs, Amber

CD Susan
05-05-2008, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=Maryanne_sa;1281505]Hi Girls,

This year, I came close to saying what I really want, but did not want to start another major downer for the both of us.

I assume you are referring to your wife or SO here. If she is not supportive of the cd'ing I can see how saying the wrong thing could cause problems. When she asks what you want tell her to treat the both of you to a meal or movie where the two of you can do something together.

Ruth
05-05-2008, 07:01 AM
If you're talking about your wife or SO, face it, she wants to buy a present for the man in her life. Would it hurt you to be that man for a day?
Buy your femme self a present another day.

sillyfish
05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I joked about that with my girlfriend and she told me "if i bought you that i would end up keeping it" =( lol

uknowhoo
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, I hope you had a nice birthday, Maryanne. :hugs:

I actually "celebrate" Tammi's birthday as the day I joined here- about a week and a half after my "real" birthday.

xoxo

Tammi

Kimberly Kael
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I actually "celebrate" Tammi's birthday as the day I joined here- about a week and a half after my "real" birthday.

I think there are meaningful dates for many of us that we consider "rebirth" dates. I've also started recording Kimberly's birthday based on a TG event as well (in my case the first day I stepped out in public fully dressed, which was at Diva Las Vegas this year.)

Back to the original thread topic, and the whole concept of feminine gifts. If asking for something femme isn't likely to sit well, you might want to start with something for both of you to ease into the idea. Ask for a trip to the spa for both of you, something you can enjoy together like a couple's mani/pedi. My SO was sweet and perceptive enough to do this for me when Kimberly started to emerge and it was a great experience.

Sabrina Flowers
05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Its not just a birthday's when this thought can happen, it seems to be even harder at christmas time with all the nice stuff in shops.

Aurora27
05-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah I relate to this. What i find hard too now is buying presents for my fiance (who knows I dress) because now I know that if I buy her a dress or lingerie or something she thinks it is because I like it and not because I think she will like it or that it would look good on her...

adelle
05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Happy bday Maryanne:drink::drink:
:hugs: Adelle

Rachel_CDS
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
My wife knows all about my crossdressing & is quite supportive. However, when she asks me what I would like for my birthday she already knows that I would prefer something feminine like a skirt or lingerie. Of course I usually don't get exactly what I want, usually mainly guy stuff but with a few small feminine presents thrown in like a pair of knickers or some makeup!
Part of the reason is that if friends or family ask what I got I can't saw that I got a lovely skirt or some gorgeous lingerie, can I?
She does get me other little presents at other times of the year though to make up for it!
She really is a special lady:)

DonnaT
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I quit dropping hints to my wife about what I really would like for my birthday, etc., and just tell her I don't really need anything. No need to set myself up for disappointment. But she comes through occasionally.

ReineD
05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Last Christmas I bought gifts for both him and her. It was the first time I had given him a guy gift since we started exchanging them. The sweater did not suit him and it sat around for quite a while before he exchanged it. And then he got his sister a gift card with the exchange. So I do not think I will get "him" any more gifts. Judging by his reaction, which is reinforced by the posts here, I do not think he valued it as much.

But, it is OK and I understand. All the other gifts he has received from family were for "him", and "she" has been ignored all these years. So I am glad to be the one to buy gifts for her. It is much more fun shopping for her anyway! :) She had a birthday on Sunday and I only got her femme things. I think that she was pleased with the gifts. :<3:

Kristen Marie
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Like my wife asked me a about a dress in a catalog....do you like this dress? Yup! But I knew she meant for herself....

Sinthia
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
She had a birthday on Sunday and I only got her femme things. I think that she was pleased with the gifts. :<3:

Way to go ReineD. I am sure that she is really happy that you consider her a part of your family.

SueAnncd
05-06-2008, 02:19 AM
I think we all go through this. My solution is to buy my own presents (usually lingerie) for my birthday, Valentines, Mothers Day, Christmas, and any other day that strikes me.

LoriTG
05-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh you are sooo special! A real gem!

Last Christmas I bought gifts for both him and her. It was the first time I had given him a guy gift since we started exchanging them. The sweater did not suit him and it sat around for quite a while before he exchanged it. And then he got his sister a gift card with the exchange. So I do not think I will get "him" any more gifts. Judging by his reaction, which is reinforced by the posts here, I do not think he valued it as much.

But, it is OK and I understand. All the other gifts he has received from family were for "him", and "she" has been ignored all these years. So I am glad to be the one to buy gifts for her. It is much more fun shopping for her anyway! :) She had a birthday on Sunday and I only got her femme things. I think that she was pleased with the gifts. :<3:

Chari
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Happy Birthday Maryanne!!! Since it is your special day, and you wish you would get femme gifts, just buy yourself something very feminine! It won't be a surprise to you, but when you wear it maybe your gift will surprise someone else.

Enjoy life, Chari

Angie G
05-06-2008, 09:10 AM
:bday2:Well At least I can wish you a Happy Birthday Maryann:Party2::ms::hugs:
Angie