PDA

View Full Version : Step one

Niya W
05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
well For the last 7 months I've been getting my meds from the internet. What I have been doing is self medicating. Now that I've health insurance I'm doing it through Kaiser. I saw my doctor which is the first step. Second step is to see the shrink, last is to sign the paper for consent of HRT treatment and then the endo. I'll see the shrink in about 9 days.

THe whole process is not what I expected. I've know girls that had to see the shrink for six months before the got hormones.

GypsyKaren
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
It's a shame that we have to jump through hoops to get something we need, not want, but that's the game. I got screwed by my Endo so I also have been self medicating, but I'm going to ask my new GP to take it over next week. I hope it goes well for you Niya, keeping my fingers crossed.

Karen Starlene :star:

Niya W
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Well i'm actually seeings nurse practitioner. She has been well trained by other t-girls :) Seriously , see was recommended and if all goes well it will be a month before I get my meds

AmberTG
05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
To be honest, the only reason I wanted to get my meds through the V.A. was to save money. I was satisfied with my self-medications, following well known recommendations. I get regular enough blood tests to know what's going on with my health.

Jennifer in CO
05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Niya,
after that long of self-medicating, how did your blood work/etc look? I ask as I'm considering going on the patch. Its been almost 30 years since I took hormones (for almost 2 years then) and I'm back to considering what I've missed for these 30

Jenn

Niya W
05-03-2008, 04:23 PM
They have not done blood work yet. That will come right after they say yes give her the mones

Niya W
05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Well on the 15th of this month I'll be on step two. The psychiatrist I'm going to see has lots of experience with transgender folks