PDA

View Full Version : CD Suspect at large.

Shadeauxmarie
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Yesterday, I was in a Walgreens.

At the check out, the man in front of me bought several disparate items, including Leggs pantyhose.(milk, bread, spatula, paper, candybar, etc.)

The EXACT type of purchase I have made in the past to cover for buying pantyhose for myself.

I was shocked when I came to the realization. Were my purchases so telling? Or do I just have heightened awareness?

Shannen
05-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Spatula? ? ?

That is a strange coincidence! :heehee:

I wonder how many of us have tried to fool ourselves into thinking that the "shopping list from the wife" method really fools anyone.

I always wonder if that guy behind me in line will scope out my purchases... now I'll be wondering if it's you behind me in line!

Ruth
05-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Interesting. When I need pantyhose, I go into a women's wear shop and buy them. If you were behind me at the checkout, you'd definitely be suspicious because I wouldn't also be buying bread or milk or even a spatula. But then I'd be suspicious of you if you were behind me in the queue...

trannie T
05-05-2008, 03:11 PM
What am I going to do with all these spatulas?

Christine XX
05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
For gods sakes don't buy a spatula! The "I'm buying off a list for my wife" gambit does not work anymore. What you must do, is to balance the feminine items on your list with masculine ones. A quart of motor oil can balance a pair of pantyhose, but to cover a skirt or dress you may have to buy an air conditioner, at least 9,000 btu!

:)
-Christine

Emily Ann Brown
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Buy pantyhose and GOLF BALLS...tell the cashier it's okay, the golfballs are for your wife. ROFLMAO now.

Emily Ann

DonnaT
05-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I buy my pantihose at the grocery store, they carry the brand I like and in my large size.

One day the lady at the checkout said, "Do you think they'll fit?" I replied, "I hope so."

Getting men in the store for grocery shopping is a chore in and of itself, it seems, so buying pantihose on top of groceries is quite telling.

Nicole Erin
05-05-2008, 04:48 PM

You know what? You and I just don't seem to read each other. I need spatulas. You should have known this trannie T.

NOW, yes it is true, many still-nervous CD do buy other things to cover up the real purchase. Yes it is obvious.

Shadeauxmarie, the polite way to handle the situation would have been to blurt out "Buying pantyhose I see... mmmm hmmm!"

StacyCD
05-05-2008, 05:11 PM
It may sound silly, but many times in the past I have been to the store to buy feminine 'things' for my SO and I never thought anything of it--because they REALLY were for her. However, whenever I bought any of the same things for myself I always felt a bit nervous because someone else might see and my secret would be out. Now I just buy whatever without giving it a second thought. And yes that shade of lipstick will look great on me!

Kristen Marie
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
And what's worse is that once school lets out, it'll be the high school students behind the register all day and night......at least you can carry on a conversation with an older sales clerk...

Sophia KT
05-05-2008, 05:51 PM
For gods sakes don't buy a spatula! The "I'm buying off a list for my wife" gambit does not work anymore.

I think you can only get away with it on sexy underwear, best just before valentines; they do the thinking for you. But how many of these do you want [no need to answer]

But what self-respecting girl would allow her boyfriend to choose anything else for her; like us they love clothes shopping.

Sophia

Fab Karen
05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
For gods sakes don't buy a spatula! The "I'm buying off a list for my wife" gambit does not work anymore. What you must do, is to balance the feminine items on your list with masculine ones. A quart of motor oil can balance a pair of pantyhose, but to cover a skirt or dress you may have to buy an air conditioner, at least 9,000 btu!

:)
-Christine
Jeezus, just GO BUY WHAT YOU WANT. People don't care that much what you're buying. It's YOUR LIFE don't give a **** about what others may be thinking.

Natalia
05-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Queens size or regular?

TGMarla
05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I agree with Karen. Who gives a rip, especially if it's some kid behind the counter. What do I care what he or she thinks of me? I'm wearing a wedding ring; the things I buy might well be for her. I bought a bra once, along with some other items I actually did need. The clerk said she didn't usually see guys buying bras. I told her my wife and I were going out that night, she was home getting ready, and discovered that the dog had ripped up her good bra. It took some real coaxing from her to get me to run out and get her one. I had the shopping list in hand for proof. And the dog would pay in spades! Yeah, that fooled her! Sure! Whatever. I really don't care much in the long run. I'm going to get my girl stuff anyway, no matter what. So we might as well just go buy it. Whether you're read or not, you're going to buy it anyway.

danielle_from_cal
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I certainly could have been that guy not so long ago. Now I just say to myself "screw it" and go buy what I want. The other day I bought some foundation and an eyebrow pencil. The lady at the till thought that I was wonderful for buying my wife makeup. Apparently, in all her years of marriage, her husband never bought any for her. She didn't think I was a crossdresser, but the greatest husband on earth!

Sinthia
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I certainly could have been that guy not so long ago. Now I just say to myself "screw it" and go buy what I want.

I agree, danielle . . . I quit buying things that I did not want at the time and just bought what I wanted. Panties, bras, skirts, etc. I may have recieved some strange looks, but I have also gotten some great smiles along the way, and they make it all worth it. If a SA eludes that it is for me, I admit it, and the smiles just keep on coming. You only live once, so enjoy it to the hilt!

docrobbysherry
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
U can buy ANYTHING at drug stores, as long as u buy condoms at the same time. That seems to stop all conversation with clerks AND/OR other customers in line!

TGMarla
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
:lol:

Joanne Carlisle
05-05-2008, 08:02 PM
A few days ago,I had the most wonderful shopping experience.After shopping a few stores with the usual made-up reason for being there,I went into a lingerie/sex toy store and when asked "Something for your so?"I answered "no,shopping for me."
I got the best service and advice on what would look great and was encouraged to come back.(I also got the most beautiful sheer babydoll,just what I was there for,and some garter belts and stockings).
Getting a feel for the store atmosphere and ad-libbing from there can open wonderful opportunities and you're more likely to go home with clothes that fit,and are comfy.

Celeste
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
You know when I was trying to rebuild a new wardrobe I found myself still feeling apprehensive about shopping for femme stuff.I really didn't care what the cashiers thought,it was just my own fear of how different it felt,so I threw those extra items in my basket because it helped to calm me down.Usually the extra items were something I really needed and it did calm me down.

Janice1948
05-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I agree with the girls who say "who cares", but if your after makeup and pantyhose and don't mind buying it a a big grocery store, you can always use the self service check out and no one will be looking. Where I shop theres usual no one behind you who might give you a look when you swipe that lipstick over the scanner. Just a thought.

Hugs, Janice

Melinda G
05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't care anymore. I just buy what I want. But I do use the self checkout if possible.
I once bought a 4 pak of NoNonsense pantyhose, on sale. The cashier said it was a good price. I just said they make an excellent strainer for wine making. I told her you fill up one of the legs with grapes or other fruit, and start twisting tighter and tighter, to squeeze the juice out. I think she bought it. I don't know squat about wine making.

Farrah
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I saw a guy in wal mart one night looking despartely for some pantyhose. He was using the she's on the phone and i'm looking technique. It was obvious. I wanted to tell him feel free, no one cares.

girl_in_pantyhose
05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
wow that might have been me! I have used the phone trick before. But the phone trick really works at the check out counter. The clerk will be more interested in your phone conversation than what he or she is ringing up.

crusadergirl
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I always think who cares but i know i care. I don't look what ppl are buying normally but i did see a guy grabbing some dresses at ross and buying them once.

bimini1
05-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I've seen this a couple of times and what fascinated me the most about it was how similar our minds worked. The patterns and parallels you see. This makes me think the numbers of cders out there is much much greater.

DawnRodgers
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
The real give-away, in my opinion, is the spatula - but only if the purchases also include the gallon size comtainer of Nair.

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-06-2008, 01:00 AM
im single and shop alone,,,i shop wal mart, target, sometimes k mart,,,i know my sizes so i dont need to try stuff on,,i did ask to try on a bra and the lady didnt bat an eye,,i also asked to try on some new brand tops i never worn b4,,,they dont care so long as you buy stuff,,,,
as for pantyhose...when i shop for pantyhose the pantyhose im wearing are in plain view so its not a guessing game to anyone who wants to be nosie....

i DONT self check,,i hate those things,,i like to deal with humans when i pay for my things....

Shadeauxmarie
05-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I don't worry about it any more, but this was SO like me to try and "hide" the pantyhose among other non-descript items.

Since my wife has threatened to divorce me if she ever catches me again, I have not bought anything in a while.

Lilith Moon
05-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Amazing what we folk get up to :heehee:

I can remember writing a list of items down and then showing my list to a cashier as if I didn't understand what "she" wanted me to get. :heehee:

KayR
05-06-2008, 07:34 AM
So, you use the "spatula signal" in the USA as well? I thought it was exclusive to the UK!
Still, I suppose "Strip Scrabble" is entertaining in its own right, no matter where you live.......

JoAnnDallas
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
One day last year, I went into WalMart in drab. I was looking at skort and matching top, when a SA came along and want to know if I need anything. I asked her if the top and skort looked good together, she said yes, then asked if I needed any accessories. I said yes, so she took me over to the shoe department and helped me find the right shoes for my new outfit and then over to the jewlery department and helped me find a set of clip on ear rings and matching neckless to go with the outfit. I then thanked her for her help and proceed to walk to checkout. At no time did she make any negitive remarks or anything. In fact she was very nice, accomidating, and made many suggestions as to what looked great with the outfit.
I made sure to get her name, so I could go up onto the Walmart website and fill out a thankyou note.

Claire3
05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Hope you dont think this is a negative reply,But whatever,whoever shops for whatever is their choice,tights or condoms,male or female,wife,girlfriend,boyfriend or self.I thought this was an open minded forum.i may look to see whose bought what in front and behind of me at the checkout,but i dont judge them,maybe just look to see if thers something else ive missed or would like.If ive totally lost the plot,sorry,but i dont think so

Carly D.
05-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I try that put out look when I'm buying pantyhose or tights at a store, like "where the hell is she??" type of look.. when I buy shoes I usually tell the clerk that "she told me exactly what and where to look for these", or I should say that's what I am prepared to say... I have on occasion bought two completely different sized shoes, I mean not just a half size different but a full size and a half.. I wear 9 1/2 from payless and can of course wear a size 8 to 8 1/2 open toes and have worn a size 11 because the shoes just looked lonely...

michelle64
05-06-2008, 01:01 PM
more power to them..glad to see others are having fun and not concerned about what others think....i would never say anything..its there business and mine is mine....i am simply amazed that CD's due not get out more often and have fun....

Emily Anderson
05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I once bought a crate of beer and pantyhose. I sympathize with you.

Cassy11
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I used to use the shopping list method myself, but now when walgreens has a sale on Leggs I just go in and buy what I want.

Leann James
05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
About two weeks ago I was picking up a few things at a dollar general stor. When I finished and paid up I steped out the front door there was a shopping cart with a few things in it and a sign said anything for 50 cents. On top was a black braw size 40 D, wow my size so I picked it up and walked back in the stor. I handed it to the girl and she smiled real big and I said if it dosent fit my so I will wear it. The place brok out laughing. What fun life can be.:hugs::hugs::hugs::love:

Caitlin Rose
05-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll never forget the first time I checked out a card of bobby pins and a can of hairspray in a discount drug store. I definitely got the "fish eye" from the guy at the counter.
It got easier for me over time. I've bought hair stuff, cosmetics, hose, shoes and clothing. I never used "cover items."
That first skirt was a challenge...I even tried it on using the tried and true (lame) "turnabout party" story.
The best experience was in a Good Will thrift store. I bought a lovely skirt and a couple of tops. Tried everything on. The good SAs even gave me a "frequent shoppers discount card!"

Aurora27
05-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I have a 'shopping face' - kind of stern "I'm gunna get this done" almost angry look and added to my height I think a lot of people in shops are a little frightened of me so generally I don't worry what people are thinking.

deja true
05-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Saw a pair of really cute wedge sandals in a general store yesterday. They were right next to the cashier. So I popped open my cell phone, faked a dial, waited, then said," Tanya, what size shoes does your mother wear?" Waited..."okay, you go look..." Waited...."Okay, thanks, daughter. Bye!"

Bought the shoes, did'nt I?

noname
05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Buying pantyhose don't mean crap. I used to buy pantyhose so I could make a filter for my fish tank. Yeah I could buy a filter for 20-40 dollars, or I could make one for less than 5. I really didn't care what others thought either.

CD Susan
05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
This thread started out on a very humorous level. I really did get a lot of laughs out of some of the posts. Some of you girls have a great sense of humor. On the serious side I want to say buy whatever you want and if someone thinks strangely about you or your purchase then that is thier problem. Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks so if I want something I will just buy it.

JoAnnDallas
05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
I am now of the mind that if the SA has a problem with what I am buying, I'll just shop at a different store and her store loses.

MJ
05-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Yesterday, I was in a Walgreens.

At the check out, the man in front of me bought several disparate items, including Leggs pantyhose.(milk, bread, spatula, paper, candybar, etc.)

The EXACT type of purchase I have made in the past to cover for buying pantyhose for myself.

I was shocked when I came to the realization. Were my purchases so telling? Or do I just have heightened awareness?

omg Been there done that got the bumper sticker

And what's worse is that once school lets out, it'll be the high school students behind the register all day and night......at least you can carry on a conversation with an older sales clerk...

don't even try to fool a teen girl they can read you like a book ... there spider senses are too good

AmandaM
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Next time, buy pantyhose, rope, duct tape, and some latex gloves!

saraleehanes
05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
My guess is that the clerk doesn't care. But, we would notice hose being checked ahead of us.

First, not many people buy hose anymore and we enjoy it so would notice.
Second, we would notice to wonder if we would also like to buy some.

If asked or "read", you can always use the excuse of "are these returnable if I got the wrong ones?"

ManInBra
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
When I was in Vegas I found a store that sold factory 2nd's, damaged or clearance items, well they had bins of Bras panties and other lingerie items,, I had stumbled around this store for about 45 minutes and finally I picked up a strapless lowback longline bra (I think thats what its called) well I was trying a bunch of the different things you mentioned, on the phone, the shopping list, and others, well I finally went to pay for it and get out of the store, but like someone else said the young females at the register, well the one working that night looked me straight in the eye and asked if that was for me, All of a sudden that warm flush of embarrassment came over me head to toe, and the best I could do was look at her and then down and said "no" at the same time as I squeaked out a "pffft", I dont know why but that gal just embarrassed me like I have never been before in a shopping situation, Oh and I was in guy mode clothes,, I never went back to that store,

DeeDeeB
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I've been wondering why there are so many spatulas listed on ebay.

cdjenny20
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Like a lot of people here, I can identify with this. 10 years ago, I remember buying about 60 or 70 dollars worth of junk to hide buying a single pair of pantyhose. I'm at the point now that I don't really care what people think and to be honest also know that we aren't fooling anybody. I've actually had the best shopping experiences when I just told the SA the truth.

victoriamwilliams1
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
The way I would have done it is like this:

1. Pantyhose
2. Nair
3. Mens shaving cream
4. Mens razor
5. lipstick
6. body wash fem style
7. old spice body wash
8. Always
9. nail polish
10. milk
11. eggs
12. 2 gallons of chocolate ice cream
13. bananas
14. salad mix
15. quart of oil
16. hammer
17. pack of gum
18. 1 skirt
19. 1 dress
20. 1 plasma tv
21. Bra
22. basic make up
23. shoes

the look on the clerks face priceless.

Now I am used to shopping for my wife so I frankly do not care and for the most part now I shop for my fem items while enfem and it is way easier.

Amy Hepker
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Caught in the act like a deer in headlights.

AllyM
05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I wear clear nail polish. This morning I was in a store checking out. It was just the SA and myself at the time. As I was signing the bill she commented how nice my hands looked and said she wished more guys would take more pride in the way they looked. I thanked her and told her it does make me feel good. LOL!

debbeelee1
05-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Wow, some pretty creative stories here! I've never bought any feminine things at the store yet, however, since reading these replies to my SO, she says I'M on my own from now on and she's not doing my en femme shopping anymore! Ooops, better study these techniques some more!

Seville
05-07-2008, 07:41 PM
My bright red fingernails and long earrings
give me away every time.

So I don't care what people may say or think about my
Queen-Size purchases.

Sinthia
05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I was at a goodwill store the other day and purchased a skirt that I liked. I asked 'if it didn't fit could I bring it back'. The sales lady said 'No, it is now yours, but it looks like it will fit you'. I was smiling as I left.

gennee
05-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't wear pantyhose.

Gennee

:D

Beth785
05-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Buy 9 spatulas and get the 10th one for just one penny!

At Spatula City, we sell spatulas, and thats all!

Janet Bern
05-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Come on who cares what you buy, I loved Karens comment:

Jeezus, just GO BUY WHAT YOU WANT. People don't care that much what you're buying. It's YOUR LIFE don't give a **** about what others may be thinking

Jocelyn Quivers
05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
This brings back memories from college, when I would waste around $25.00 in worthless items I did not need in order to buy 1 pair of pantyhose to make me believe I was fooling the cashier. Which in a bit of irony it was always the same cashier working at the drug store in which I would purchase them at.