PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves about other CD's

Emily Anderson
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
At the risk of being provocative, flamed, and potentially burned at the stake, I want to know what pet peeves you have about other CD's?

My pet peeve is those who surreptitiously declare that they "wear panties 24/7". I have no problem with the fact that they do, but does anyone really care?

No names please, just pet peeves...

tracigirl_tv
05-06-2008, 02:22 PM
So please tell me why so many of us feel the need to establish the "I'm straight" disclaimer. Otherwise, I guess someone might think we were.....heaven forbid.....DIFFERENT!

Yikes!

:doh:

Bootsiegalore
05-06-2008, 02:22 PM
It's a TMI (too much information) situation. Who cares. We all are CDers all or part time.

Tara

ChristineRenee
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Probably one of the biggest for me is the "Do I pass?" question. Unless you are a 24/7 TS or TG even, why should this matter so much? So very, very few CD's can successfully pass anyway, and most of them will STILL be read by someone while they are out and about. It only serves to be a very loaded question on the forum for other members to honestly answer as well. How do I look...is one thing...do I pass is totally another. My personal feeling on this is for the vast majority of CD's to just enjoy expressing your femininity...whether you be out or in the closet...and quit obsessing about trying to "measure" up to looking like a GG...which you aren't...and never will be.

Just my :2c:.

michelle64
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
lol..the panties thing...alternative lifestyle activist ...starting a new thread when the same thread is started 5 posts down the line...buying cheap wigs/clothing then asking "do you think i pass?...failure to dress for your age...like how many mid 40's/30's ladies do you see out and about in mini skirts and green hair....constant talk about sex with SO...i could go on but you should get the idea

Wendrme
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
In some ways I can understand it, and in other ways it doesn't make any sense. There seems to a lot of it lately. What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?
Do you wear a skirt to Panera and have lunch with a mask on?

sissystephanie
05-06-2008, 02:32 PM
At the risk of being provocative, flamed, and potentially burned at the stake, I want to know what pet peeves you have about other CD's?

My pet peeve is those who surreptitiously declare that they "wear panties 24/7". I have no problem with the fact that they do, but does anyone really care?

Not trying to burn anyone on the stake, but if I had a pet peeve it would be with people who write this kind of stuff.

If someone declares they wear panties 24/7, who cares, and why question what they do? Life is too short to worry about what "peeves" one may have with other CD's, or the world in general. Worry about those things in your life that you can materially affect, and let the others slide right on by. You, and your family and friends, will be happier.

BTW, I do wear 24/7!!

michelle64
05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
In some ways I can understand it, and in other ways it doesn't make any sense. There seems to a lot of it lately. What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the next down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?

you nailed it...they are not comfortable with who they are as a person...soon as they accept it and relax the "passing" will have grown 10 fold..you cannot be a lady if you are constantly tense and walk like a 300 pound gorilla....advice i received from my SO many many years ago

Ruth
05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
We have a sort of a relationship going on between us here. Sometimes (actually most times) in a relationship it is not the best thing to do to come out with all the things that irritate us about the other person(s) in the relationship.
Some of the things written here I have no time for, but I would rather concentrate on our points in common and try to foster an environment where we feel we are accepted, not criticised.

Emily Ann Brown
05-06-2008, 02:45 PM
CDs who show up at a function in the same outfit I'm wearing !!!

Emily Ann

Kimberly Kael
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
My biggest pet peeve holds true in many parts of life: those who believe that their decisions are the only correct ones, that everyone should choose to live as they do. I've been asked on more than one occasion if I am planning to transition or if I am "just" a crossdresser. The disdain for another way of being really gets to me.

... That said, I do see some behaviors that don't exactly bother me but that I don't fully understand. Here I am treading dangerously close to the line I drew above but: why are so many CDers obsessed with feminine appearance but not the least bit interested in mannerisms or other social graces? I do wonder whether this is lack of awareness or just plain disinterest. It's clearly not "wrong" but I do find it jarring.

deja true
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Self absorbed, jealous, selfish, vain, wannabes who don't keep MY threads alive indefinitely! Bitches!

Cassy11
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Why do we want to talk badly about other people. With the number of people on this site I'm sure there is at least 1 person you don't agree with. If you don't like the thread move on. There is no need to get yourself aggrivated.

Deborah Jane
05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
All the ones with darker hair calling us blonds stupid...

We,re not....We just think differantly, that,s all !!!!

KayR
05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Its the extremists I can't take. They should be shot.

noname
05-06-2008, 03:24 PM

No kidding. No one cares if you wear boxers, briefs or panties. No cares if they are blue, gray, or pink polka dotted. Wear what ever you want. But making it a big deal, makes it uhhh a bit creepy.

Emily Ann Brown
05-06-2008, 03:24 PM
KayR,

My budget won't allow for that many bullets !

Emily Ann

Claire3
05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Yep,im blonde and seriously not stupid!:love:

Kate Simmons
05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Lessee, most of us are straight guys who wear women's clothes, wigs and makeup who expect to be accepted or at least tolerated by our SO's. On the other hand, if our SO's all of a sudden decided to dress up like a guy with a fake beard and other stuff, we would not like it. I dunno, perfectly normal logic in my opinion.:rolleyes::battingeyelashes:

sandra-leigh
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?

There is a difference between being seen by someone at a distance and being seen in a context where someone can take all the time they want to figure out where they've seen you before.

Yes, I know the usual argument about how different people looked when dressed and how people are unlikely to recognize you, but I personally have had a number of people recognize me when I was completely Dressed... from a distance, in bad light, at that. That's why I only post photos in the closed areas, not in the MTF area that is open to the public: I don't need to dangle my characteristic nose (or whatever it is that people are recognizing) indefinitely in areas visited by people with Too Much Time On Their Hands.

And yes, if anyone is keeping track, I am one of the public gender-benders -- but if people are taking pictures of me while I'm engaged in that, then they are doing so at a distance, not with digital SLRs with telephoto lenses.

MentalMercury
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, I second that. The panties thing is disturbing.

Nicole Erin
05-06-2008, 04:07 PM
My pet peeve is when a GG complains about us, certain CDs will plant their lips right on her backside and agree.
SUCH.... a suck-up to do that.

Joy Carter
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM
How about the hand full here, that think we all should think and behave the way they do. "And you know who you are !"

melissacd
05-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I had a pet peeve once, two actually, one was blonde and brown and other was white and grey. They always use to greet me at the door when I came home from work. It was nice to have those pet peeves, they were just so darned friendly and of course they were nice to pet too.

Tamara Croft
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
At the risk of being provocative, flamed, and potentially burned at the stake, I want to know what pet peeves you have about other CD's?Nicking my makeup and saying 'no this is mine I bought it', hogging the mirror... oh... and some of you, lighten up already... it's just a question... jeez :rolleyes:

<edit> Can we please keep this thread down to a dull roar... we don't need to be told how to spell, use grammar etc... nor is this thread being closed.

Eugenie
05-06-2008, 05:58 PM
So please tell me why so many of us feel the need to establish the "I'm straight" disclaimer. Otherwise, I guess someone might think we were.....heaven forbid.....DIFFERENT!

Yikes!

:doh:

Yess indeed, that is what really bothers me too... As if there was something wrong about being gay.

The other thing that really upsets me is when someone is not tolerant about the way other CD live their lives (Note that it goes beyong sexual preferences). We should be the last ones to have a discriminatory attitude towards others just because they don't dress or behave in a certain way...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Butterfly Bill
05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
How some "support" groups ostracize me because I choose not to shave off my beard. The people obsessed with "passing" in general.

(Do people who "wear panties 24/7" keep them on when they are in the shower or on the toilet?)

Jacqui
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Here's my pet peeve with a caveat: to those I hold it against, I admire the most..

Just because you're in the darkest chasms of the closet, hiding things from the ones you love most, doesn't mean that you are a dishonest, lying, cheating, going to hell in a hand-basket individual. There are circumstances beyond your knowledge that disqualifies you from making statements such as: "Honesty is the best policy!" "If she loves you, she will accept you for who you are."

If it works for you, fine, I admire you...but please, don't preach to people whose whole lives could be turned upside down if their secret got out.

There! I've said it...now where's the "exhale" smiley?

TGMarla
05-06-2008, 07:55 PM
This has so far been a really great list of common CD peeves, I think. And you're right, Buffalo Bill. You just do what you want to. Anyone who has a problem with it is likely the same ones who have a problem with everything else, too. Who the heck are we to say what's "normal" for a CDer? Is any one of us really going to stand up in front of others, point at someone, and say, "That person's wrong. I may crossdress, but I'm normal!" Give me a break.

If Doc or anybody else here wants to wear a mask, let her. Maybe she thinks she's ugly, or too old, and wants to have the appearance of a lovely young lady. Let her. Are you really going to tell me that your wearing a dress and heels is okay, but pretty masks aren't? Hey, they're not for me, but I understand if that's what a girl here wants to do. And incidently, DRS, I like you just fine. Nice pics, you just keep 'em coming.

If you want to obsess about passing, go ahead. It's a noble goal to strive for, to really pull it off well. But most of us don't, and won't. And that's fine, too. We're all in this same large glass house, so watch it with the stones.

I'm kind of in agreement with the 24/7 panty thing. I don't, and never have, found them to be all that comfortable. Not built for my plumbing or my build. But to each her own. I don't really care if you wear them 24/7, either.

The whole "pantyhose vs bare legs" argument is really tired. I wear pantyhose all the time for three reasons: I think hosiery is pretty, I enjoy wearing it for the look and the feel, and it covers up the hair on my legs. I hate it when other CDs tell me to shave my legs. You think I don't want to? Not everyone is at liberty to do so. Out of respect for my wife, and to avoid unwanted questions, I don't shave them, and I've found a way to live with that.

Finally, when other CDs try to push others out the door and into public, I think it's reckless in some cases. Many CDs are perfectly content staying home. Some are fine going out. It's not for everyone, and it's not some kind of knock on a girl if she chooses to stay home. At home I'm safe, I'm pretty, and I'm relaxed. Were I to venture out, I'd inevitably be read, which would make me nervous and uncomfortable. I do actually care what my neighbors think (well, sort of...), and I don't want to put my wife through it either. So for those of you who go out all the time, I'm very happy for you. But for those of us who don't, that's fine, too.

Oh, and I absolutely, positively, 100&#37; totally agree with Jacqui.

:blah:

(Whew! Marla stops to take a breath)

Genifer Teal
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
My pet peve is those (CD's) who wear a skirt or dress but fail to cross their legs when sitting. Some don't even try to keep their knees together. :eek: It is not like someone forced them to wear a skirt. They want to and know what to do but for some reason don't bother. Well, I don't need to know what is between your legs nor do I want to. Learn how to sit like a lady or spread your legs towards someone else.

Gen

TracyH
05-06-2008, 08:23 PM
How some "support" groups ostracize me because I choose not to shave off my beard. The people obsessed with "passing" in general.

(Do people who "wear panties 24/7" keep them on when they are in the shower or on the toilet?)

I think not shaving your beard makes you more of a crossdresser, if you can imagine how that works. And I was wondering the same thing about the panties.

My pet peeve, however, may be for these people, or it's for the ones who respond to these people, because it's just catering to what they want: It's those people who may or may not be crossdressers who post their masturbatory fantasies up here with an incredulous story about how they were caught and humiliated and then forced to wear women's clothes all the time. It's always some not-at-all credulous story about how they dressed up in something "ultra ****ty" with "7 inch heels" (notice it's always 7 inch heels?) and then they get their head stuck in the sink drain, or whatever, only to be caught by either the mom or the sister, who, apparently, can only speak in run-on sentences (much like this paragraph), and says, "now you must wear womenclothes 24/7 that is your punishment you are a bad boy or should I say girl! hahahahaha!" And then they have sex.

Seriously, one time I saw my brain because I rolled my eyes so far from reading one of these stories.

sandra-leigh
05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
My pet peve is those (CD's) who wear a skirt or dress but fail to cross their legs when sitting. Some don't even try to keep their knees together. :eek: It is not like someone forced them to wear a skirt. They want to and know what to do but for some reason don't bother.

Some of us have inner thighs that get in the way. Keeping our knees together is a distinct effort, and if we take our minds off of it for a moment, apart they go. And that's not even taking into account the things in-between that sometimes get in the way. It's not like riding a bicycle, where once you catch your balance you can do it without thinking.

RockerTerri
05-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I think not shaving your beard makes you more of a crossdresser, if you can imagine how that works. And I was wondering the same thing about the panties.

My pet peeve, however, may be for these people, or it's for the ones who respond to these people, because it's just catering to what they want: It's those people who may or may not be crossdressers who post their masturbatory fantasies up here with an incredulous story about how they were caught and humiliated and then forced to wear women's clothes all the time. It's always some not-at-all credulous story about how they dressed up in something "ultra ****ty" with "7 inch heels" (notice it's always 7 inch heels?) and then they get their head stuck in the sink drain, or whatever, only to be caught by either the mom or the sister, who, apparently, can only speak in run-on sentences (much like this paragraph), and says, "now you must wear womenclothes 24/7 that is your punishment you are a bad boy or should I say girl! hahahahaha!" And then they have sex.

Seriously, one time I saw my brain because I rolled my eyes so far from reading one of these stories.

:lol:

charlie
05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I do not see saying anything about our CD as being boring, degrading, perverted, unnecessary, or TMI. We all come on this forum because we are a group that is considered not only different by society, but really unbalanced and perhaps dangerous to the society. As such, we do not know how unusual our dressing really is. One quick way to see how strange we are is to put it out to this group. If our own group thinks we are weird and tells us we are perhaps we should listen. On the other hand if we are given answers that tell us lots of other folks think and do as we are doing, then we feel better about ourselves. If I feel awful about wearing panties and nylons everyday under my suit each day at work and write about it on this forum, most of you would probably tell me not to feel bad and go ahead. I then would think it was really no big deal and not feel like a leper in society.

TSchapes
05-06-2008, 09:25 PM
People that don't see the big picture. People that don't understand that the TG community is a big tent where everyone should feel wanted, valued and nurtured. This is regardless of where they fit on the TG continuum. From the person that only needs a pair of panties to make them feel whole. The person that is so trapped in their situation that the only way to feel feminine is to use a mask. The person that refuses to show their face because they may jeopardize everything they've worked for their whole lives by one capricious happenstance. The person that goes out dressed and doesn't look anything closely resembling a girl, and yet feels liberated by doing so. The person that knows they are going to be read and feels so what, I'm me darn it, I want to do this for me, I don't care what others may think. The person that all they want to do is take pictures of themselves and enjoy the time afterwards by looking at those pictures. The person that's a knock out, absolutely beautiful looking girl that no one in a million years would suspect is a guy and gets a kick out of that sectret knowledge. The person that has an understanding SO, the ones that's don't, the people that have gone through hell and back just so they can express themselves. And the people that just know they are in the wrong body, where things have just got to change.

There are more of these varied types in the world and they all share the TG conundrum. But bottom line is, we are closer to one another in this TG world than all the rest outside this world. If we don't support each other, who will?

My pet peeve, might be bigger than a chipmunk though, but still a peeve.

Love, Tracy

guardian832
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I think that the point to start "caring" is if they do wear their undies 24/7, do they change???????????:D:D:drink:

Rachaelb64
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
This has so far been a really great list of common CD peeves, I think. And you're right, Buffalo Bill. You just do what you want to. Anyone who has a problem with it is likely the same ones who have a problem with everything else, too. Who the heck are we to say what's "normal" for a CDer? Is any one of us really going to stand up in front of others, point at someone, and say, "That person's wrong. I may crossdress, but I'm normal!" Give me a break.

If Doc or anybody else here wants to wear a mask, let her. Maybe she thinks she's ugly, or too old, and wants to have the appearance of a lovely young lady. Let her. Are you really going to tell me that your wearing a dress and heels is okay, but pretty masks aren't? Hey, they're not for me, but I understand if that's what a girl here wants to do. And incidently, DRS, I like you just fine. Nice pics, you just keep 'em coming.

If you want to obsess about passing, go ahead. It's a noble goal to strive for, to really pull it off well. But most of us don't, and won't. And that's fine, too. We're all in this same large glass house, so watch it with the stones.

I'm kind of in agreement with the 24/7 panty thing. I don't, and never have, found them to be all that comfortable. Not built for my plumbing or my build. But to each her own. I don't really care if you wear them 24/7, either.

The whole "pantyhose vs bare legs" argument is really tired. I wear pantyhose all the time for three reasons: I think hosiery is pretty, I enjoy wearing it for the look and the feel, and it covers up the hair on my legs. I hate it when other CDs tell me to shave my legs. You think I don't want to? Not everyone is at liberty to do so. Out of respect for my wife, and to avoid unwanted questions, I don't shave them, and I've found a way to live with that.

Finally, when other CDs try to push others out the door and into public, I think it's reckless in some cases. Many CDs are perfectly content staying home. Some are fine going out. It's not for everyone, and it's not some kind of knock on a girl if she chooses to stay home. At home I'm safe, I'm pretty, and I'm relaxed. Were I to venture out, I'd inevitably be read, which would make me nervous and uncomfortable. I do actually care what my neighbors think (well, sort of...), and I don't want to put my wife through it either. So for those of you who go out all the time, I'm very happy for you. But for those of us who don't, that's fine, too.

Oh, and I absolutely, positively, 100% totally agree with Jacqui.

:blah:

(Whew! Marla stops to take a breath)

:iagree: Yep that about covers everything I was thinking off saying

Btw drop the pet peeve walk away from cus life is too long short to get caught up on stupid things.......... from a bloke in a dress :straightface:

Lora Olivia
05-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok I had to get in on this one lol. Butterfly Bill ...Nope don't wear em in the shower but yep damn sure do sittin on the W C, pulled to my knees actually like i have noticed GG's do. Oh and yes I guess if I have a pet peeve it would be the lack of tolerance amongst our own community. I mean if we all, with a somewhat common goal can't get along how can we expect the other 95 to 98.5% of the population to come to terms with us.

:love:
Lora

Veronica Nicole
05-06-2008, 10:32 PM
In some ways I can understand it, and in other ways it doesn't make any sense. There seems to a lot of it lately. What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?

I guess I'm one of those wannabe girls cuz I post pictures from the neck down, seems to me we all just wannabe girls here but when the wig, makeup and clothes come off look in the mirror and what do you see? As far as a pet peeve is men who try to act like women.:D

http://www.veronicanicole.com

Melinda G
05-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Here's my pet peeve with a caveat: to those I hold it against, I admire the most..

Just because you're in the darkest chasms of the closet, hiding things from the ones you love most, doesn't mean that you are a dishonest, lying, cheating, going to hell in a hand-basket individual. There are circumstances beyond your knowledge that disqualifies you from making statements such as: "Honesty is the best policy!" "If she loves you, she will accept you for who you are."

If it works for you, fine, I admire you...but please, don't preach to people whose whole lives could be turned upside down if their secret got out.

There! I've said it...now where's the "exhale" smiley?

I agree 100%. You don't tell your wife or SO that you masturbate, or read porn. So why the need to tell anyone you crossdress, when it is sexually driven for most of us. All the "We're here for you" crap from the "Truth and Honesty Squad" doesn't mean much when the wife kicks you out of the house and files for divorce, or uses it against you in a custody battle, or you get fired from your job. Now that's being honest!

LilSissyStevie
05-07-2008, 12:35 AM
My pet peeve is those petticoated, gun toting banjo players.:Angry3: I blame Ronald Reagan for throwing these people out in the street!!

Damiana
05-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I have no pet peeve to share but I just want to say Thank You to all those who have contributed to this thread with their witty and humorous replies! :lol:

Oddlee
05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
I have no pet peeve to share but I just want to say Thank You to all those who have contributed to this thread with their witty and humorous replies! :lol:

Good response, Damiana. I, too, have enjoyed reading the responses. I think the only time gender identity is important to me is when it concerns a person with whom I want to have sex. Otherwise, it's irrelevant. I've known gay men who have admired my chest ("would like to have that body" - I look like a [male] swimmer [which I am]), and women who have appreciated my company with or without boobs. The latter I've enjoyed on many levels, the former I've been friends with because sexual relationships with them were not part of the possible world.

So, I guess if I had a pet peeve, it would be when sex or gender presentation was considered important when it was really irrelevant. In a job interview (unless it was for the position of concubine or hooker) sex/gender presentation should be irrelevant.

Lee

DemonicDaughter
05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
My pet peeve would have to be those that HAVE to segregate everyone into their own little category for the sake of... whatever.

Should we now have a section for the bisexual MTF pink panty wearers? One for the Grandma dressing Blue Bonnet on Tuesday wearers? The Only Attracted To Men When Dressed CDers?

KandisTX
05-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I have to add that like TracyH my pet peeve would be those outrageous stories that would be more appropriate to "Fantasyfiction.com" then here. While some of my own posts may seem somewhat farfetched although 100% factual, (like my recent post where I stated that my wifes ex-boyfriend (who is the father of our children) now lives with us and recently decided it was okay to tell their son about Kandis).

The very idea that someone's mother would "catch" them and then force them to dress that way and "perform" in the manner described further in those posts. Hell, I know strippers that don't wear 7 inch heels ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

docrobbysherry
05-07-2008, 10:20 AM

you nailed it...they are not comfortable with who they are as a person...soon as they accept it and relax the "passing" will have grown 10 fold..you cannot be a lady if you are constantly tense and walk like a 300 pound gorilla....advice i received from my SO many many years ago

Perfect examples of what I mean.
"If you're NOT all about going out dressed, well, u can't be a REAL CD"!

Here's the deal: I'm perfectly comfortable with who I am. I'm NOT confortable being a CD out in public! I'm NOT trying to be a woman, just LOOK and maybe feel like one!
I'm a CLOSET CD, not a TS or TG individual. And there r a lot of others like me!

GIVE ME, ( all of us), A BREAK! Please?

Claire3
05-07-2008, 10:45 AM
were all differant,if you dont like what some1 cares about,thats your life against theirs.You dont have to agree with everything said.Ive seen 1 or 2 threads that i think what the hell are you talking about.However i dont need 2 slag any1 off.Its a free forum,lets make the most of it girls.Ps,im blonde,not dumb!:love:

Vieja
05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't have any peeves pet or otherwise. I just love coming here to read all the diverse opinions of the people that post their stories, opinions and words of wisdom. If I don't agree I just go on to the next post and maybe feel a bit sad for a sister with an unsolvable problem or have a chuckle over some words of wit.

Vieja :D

trannie T
05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I am so jealous of those who look better than I do. That includes nearly all of you. I hate you all!

Niya W
05-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Dont worry. You still look better than half the women I worked with at my old job

TracyH
05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
My pet peeve would have to be those that HAVE to segregate everyone into their own little category for the sake of... whatever.

Should we now have a section for the bisexual MTF pink panty wearers? One for the Grandma dressing Blue Bonnet on Tuesday wearers? The Only Attracted To Men When Dressed CDers?

What bugs me about labels is when people think the label dictates the behavior. When you keep reading threads that say, "I'm a crossdresser but I'm not gay, is there something wrong with me?" it gets frustrating enough to shove someone's head into a sink drain. But that's a different story...

Nicole Erin
05-07-2008, 09:18 PM

True. Even thought CD is a lifestyle, we all have that unusual thing in common. We all have our own way of presenting ourselves. Me, I don't really care to what degree someone CD's or why, I just figure we all have our own style or degree, but one thing for sure - CDs need to stick together. We are outcasted enough by "normal" society, we don't need to exclude each other based on silly things.

jamie55
05-07-2008, 11:02 PM
my pet peeve? cd'rs with a pet peeve against other cd'ers. think about it!

TracyH
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
my pet peeve? cd'rs with a pet peeve against other cd'ers. think about it!

Does that mean you have a pet peeve against yourself?

baby beluga
05-07-2008, 11:45 PM
That the large majority of them have absolutely zero sense of style and taste.

LilSissyStevie
05-08-2008, 12:47 AM

I suppose that means I can't count on your support for a separate section for all of us petticoated, gun toting, banjo playing crossdressers. :sad:

DemonicDaughter
05-08-2008, 08:23 AM
What bugs me about labels is when people think the label dictates the behavior. When you keep reading threads that say, "I'm a crossdresser but I'm not gay, is there something wrong with me?" it gets frustrating enough to shove someone's head into a sink drain. But that's a different story...

I'll hold their arms....

As a side note, that "dictates the behavior line" reminded me of Kevin Smith's movie "Clerks". He made an excellent point that title does NOT dictate behavior in any way.

True. Even thought CD is a lifestyle, we all have that unusual thing in common. We all have our own way of presenting ourselves. Me, I don't really care to what degree someone CD's or why, I just figure we all have our own style or degree, but one thing for sure - CDs need to stick together. We are outcasted enough by "normal" society, we don't need to exclude each other based on silly things.

Exactly! You notice other communities don't do this publicly even if they do have subcultures. Its not like you go to a gay club and there is a section just for those in denial. You don't go to a goth club and see only skaters on one side and ravers on another. There's no yuppie clubs with Porsche drivers in one area and Corvette drivers in another.

For cding to be accepted as a viable and staying community in our society, it needs to be presented with a more united front. Not this constant division.

I suppose that means I can't count on your support for a separate section for all of us petticoated, gun toting, banjo playing crossdressers. :sad:

Yeah, I'm sorry. No voting on that but you would win my vote for best dressed banjo player. :D

jamie55
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Does that mean you have a pet peeve against yourself?

Yep. I was being sarcastic. Quite frankly we want acceptance for ourselves and yet have a hard time accepting others like us. Somewhat hypocritical I'd think.

KimberlyS
05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
The "Passing" obsession is a huge pet peeve.

This goes along with the previous one. Those that put down others not like them and push others to do "More" and be "More" feminine or like a woman or to be a "Real" CDer or ______ is not a good CDer look, CDers have to go out, CDers feel like a woman when dressed.

....the lack of tolerance amongst our own community. I mean if we all, with a somewhat common goal can't get along how can we expect the other 95 to 98.5&#37; of the population to come to terms with us.

Do not put others down for who they are as a CDer or how they want to look. The TG spectrum is wide and greatly varied. Support each other, encourage others sensibly, but more so encourage others to look within to see who they are, and not try to be like one of us.

kimberlys-cd
So what is wrong with a guy in a skirt and beard tastefully coordinated.

visualdelight
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I am not sure how to define this maybe just my frustration. I wish people would be better at communicating. And not so impatient. For instance I am really trying to find a person to become friends with dress up with and maybe even kiss. But when I start the conversation the next step is when am I going to sleep with them?

Maybe it's just me.

brookalicious
05-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm gonna step out on a limb here, girls, but having read the Loved Ones forum for a while, something that bothers me is our members who fail to recognize the stress we all put on our SOs.

Disagree with me if you like, BUT:

If you tell your SO early on in your relationship, or more specifically before you say "I do" then you have a right to request that she be understanding and sensitive.

However, if dressing is something that came about AFTER you were together, or if was something you hid from her from the beginning, then she has a right to be both shocked, scared, demanding, nervous, apprehensive and so forth. And since it was a secret we kept from them, then they have a right to say "it's the clothes or me" (although, thankfully, most of them don't.)

I love being a girl, and don't think I could ever give it up, but I would never be upset for my wife if she asked me to.

~b~

joselyn318
05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I completely agree with brookalicious. It is unbelievable how much stress some of the cd's on here put on their SO's, especially the ones that try to keep it hidden only to get caught. I believe it shows a lack of respect towards your SO if you do not disclose this part of your lives to them.

Secondly, I also agree with the 24/7 panties thing. TMI. I do not need to know what kind of drawers you are wearing at the particular moment.

JoAnnDallas
05-08-2008, 02:10 PM
The thing about threads like this one, is everyone thinks in present day. Many of us that got married over 25 years ago, it was totally different. Back then CDing was something that was perverted, sick, and in some states illegal to do even in your home. This is how we grew up. Back then many women did not want a man that was a CDer, so we hide it, hoping it would go away now that we were married. As we all know it does not go away. Today a lot of it has changed. It is no longer a mental illness, it is no longer illegal, and women and people in general are more accepting. the Gay revolution helped show that both Gay and Trans people are OK. Later in the marriage the bug bites us again and this time with out new knowledge we decided to tell the wife and hope for the best.
When ever I hear about a sister that is hiding their CDing from the wife, I try to detrmine what there age is and how long they have been married. If they are 55+ and been married 25+ then I can understand why they kept it hidden. If they in their 20/30 and only been married say for 5 years, then they should have told up front. IMHO the sisters who's marriage went bad and they have been married 25+ years, I contribute to hiding, liying, and mostly our upbringing.
I am one of the lucky ones who is 55+, married 25+ years, hid it all until last year, and suffered for almost a year until the wife decided to accept my CDing. People and times do change. I remember at one time my mother would have been horrified if a black couple moved into the house next door and would never talk to them or make friends with them if they did. The last year she was alive, her next door neighbor was black and they were the best of friends. :2c:

Kiera
05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Everyone has something that irks them. What gets me is that I come here looking for some type of belonging, but never really get to know any of you. My own fault or course. I will spare you all my attempt at explanation. Anyway... Reguardless of the "panty posters", the "wannabes", and the various others described in the previous posts, I always seem to find my way back here. Usually just browsing for something interesting that I can in some way relate to. I do not think our differences or pet peeves change the fact that this place, in spite of those things, is special to each of us in our own way. It seems to me that it is our differences that has us all here reading and responding to this thread...
Hugs...
Kiera

iwearstockings
05-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Damn and I was just going to change my signature to
' In Pantyhose For All Eternity '

Actually what are pantyhose? is it Tights?

xxx
:^P

brookalicious
05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
KIERA & IWEAR

It's amazing how we become closer through our differences...

well said sweeties...

sandra-leigh
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Actually what are pantyhose? is it Tights?

I understand that the UK calls all of them "tights". In North America, "tights" refers to thicker more opaque hosiery, often around 80 denier, and "pantyhose" refers to thinner sheerer hosiery, typically 40 denier or below. "pantyhose" might have a light pattern on it, but seldom a bold pattern; typical pantyhose colours are black; light browns; various shades of brown/orange in the approximate range of "white people's" skin-tones; and sometimes white -- but white would more typically be labeled as "stockings". Colours such as lavender or burgundy in a closed weave, or any closed-weaved multi-coloured wear (e.g., "candy cane") are usually called "tights" regardless of the thickness or (if they are footless) "leg-warmers". Open-weave wear appears in a wide variety of colours (but sells most in the near-blacks), marketed as "fishnet stockings" regardless of the thickness.

So "pantyhose" tends to be thinner, nylon-like, and in basic colours -- in short, mass "office-wear" either intended to be visible or intended to be okay to be seen in small flashes. But that might give a bit of the wrong impression, as the similar but shinier dark (especially black) 30 to 40 denier nylon-type hosiery intended for "dressing up" is still considered "pantyhose". Colour is important in the marketing determination: my lavender hose, though made of the same materials and only about 35 denier, would never be marketed as "pantyhose" around here.

In general: Plastics -> pantyhose. Silks -> stockings. Cotton -> tights. Opaque plastics or unusual colours -> tights.

Is that precise enough? :heehee:

Emily Anderson
05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Awww, come on ladies, there must be more than this :)

For those that jump to the last post, a reminder:

What are your pet peeves about other CD's?

No names please.

iwearstockings
05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Well that is certainly a conscise definition of what constitutes 'Pantyhose'..
..Only trouble is, overly elaborate explanations are one of my pet peeves!

lol

:^P

'In Pantyhose for all eternity.. and possibly longer..'

Fab Karen
05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
For cding to be accepted as a viable and staying community in our society, it needs to be presented with a more united front. Not this constant division.

Actually this has been a big debate/discussion in the gay community for years as well. So the TG community isn't unique in this.

DemonicDaughter
05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Actually this has been a big debate/discussion in the gay community for years as well. So the TG community isn't unique in this.

Never thought it was (unique in this sense). But, society seems to only want to acknowledge the "general" group first (i.e. "the gay community") and only then allows for division or sectors thereof. This holds true in various other instances well outside sexuality. It would behoove the TG community to present a much more united front at this point for any movement in society. After any level of acceptance occurs, let them divide there community into thousands of pieces. lol

Chiana
05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Tons of interesting responses. I am proud of our little group for not doing a bunch of flaming. I guess the only issue that I have that would be close to a pet peeve is the subtle pressure that some veterans put on the newbies to come out more. Such as telling their SO's, going out in public or just posting their photos on the forum. It just always seemed a little risky to me to even gently push people in that direction. All in due time. :love:

Angie G
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Emily my pet peeve is the people the need to let you know how many $$$ they spend on things. I don't mean if you get a great dress fore $3 I mean Oh I paid $350 for the dress. :hugs:
Angie

Stormgirl
05-14-2008, 08:26 PM
The CDs that say that "men are pigs" and act like that they are a GG. Sorry, while yes most men are slobs and pigs, don't forget your sex. And the panties thing is a little creepy too.

Sedona
05-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Great thread, and I'm glad most folks are handling it with civility.

Couple of ones from me: Girls who tend to look down on us who don't want to show our faces, or go out in public. I'm far from petite, and I have a job that's somewhat in the public eye, so don't want to risk being outed. Besides, I don't have any desire to go around town in skirt and wig. I'm strictly "at home."

Another peeve. Girls who solicit advice through PMs, get thoughtful responses, and don't send a "thank you."

KarenCDFL
05-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Many years ago my wife and I went to my first and only Tri-Ess Dinner. I decided to go in drab. I had not gone out dressed as of yet and wanted to feel it out.

What a horrible night. I got no end of crap because I was in drab and all of of the others were talking about how they fool their wives, girlfriends etc. on how they were able to get away for the dinner. What a bunch of losers. They cried how they could not be accepted and then did not accept me.

What was funny is that my wife knew and accepted and I was in drab and all of the others who were dressed had to hide from thiier significant others and I was the bad one.

Never went to another function or meeting.

Sedona
06-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Another one, and it's been said by others:

Girls who don't read any of the other posts in a thread, and answer a question in the same way 100 others do, no matter how redundant.

christinac
06-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Thankfully it doesn't happen on this web site, but I absolutely hate those sites where CD's are posting photos of themselves performing sex acts or writting super long posts about thier sexual activities.

jennifer41356
06-06-2008, 11:18 AM
asking what rest room should I use when I am out in public?..use the bathroom before you go out, thats what I do:D

not telling an SO about your fem side for years and when you finally do , you dont understand why they cant accept you...

MalibuJenny
06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
We have a sort of a relationship going on between us here. Sometimes (actually most times) in a relationship it is not the best thing to do to come out with all the things that irritate us about the other person(s) in the relationship.
Some of the things written here I have no time for, but I would rather concentrate on our points in common and try to foster an environment where we feel we are accepted, not criticised.

I generally agree, as this forum (and community in general) should be about -- above all -- acceptance and tolerance.

Having said that, the one thing that concerns me most here (or again, in the community) is the frequent disconnect between fantasy and reality. You see it most with those of us that are single and I know it's all part of the fun but I think sometimes we can be enablers to those that aren't very realistic about things, particularly when it comes to relationships.

Donna Michelle
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I must annoy some of you for saying I am a STRAIGHT crossdresser. The reason for this is because I have friends who LIED just to be friends, then try to get us to "swing" with them or something. Guys chase me and think that ALL crossdressers must be gay. Look, but don't touch. Sorry. I like women.

We don't care what you like. That is your choice and your business. We don't mind. Maybe some of you haven't had the strange experiences I have had. There are so few straight crossdressers where I am that people assume I am gay. I NEVER met a straight crossdresser, but luckily my wife found a few. But I am really a woman trapped in a man's body, so I am a lesbian with a birth defect.

When ever I hear about a sister that is hiding their CDing from the wife, I try to detrmine what there age is and how long they have been married. If they are 55+ and been married 25+ then I can understand why they kept it hidden.

Yeah, we watched a lot of changes in attitude for a lot of things. And where I live, the gay drag queens are usually not very chummy with straight crossdressers. Some are nice to me, but many treat people like me as second class. I haven't found anyone like me where I can fit in.

Some of my CD friends don't understand why I don't want to have sex with other CD friends. We can't even understand each other. Why would I expect other people to understand us. It really isn't important to understand as long as you can accept people for who they are.

I don't usually talk about pet peeves, but I don't like when anyone judges other people too harshly.

Donna Michelle
06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
not telling an SO about your fem side for years and when you finally do , you dont understand why they cant accept you...

My wife may agree with that. At least drop some hints. By the time I told my wife, she was a bit disappointed (because I kept secrets from her) but not surprised. I thought I could quit and that didn't work. Sometimes we can't accept ourselves, especially us older gals.

Brooke Smith
06-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I am not sure how to define this maybe just my frustration. I wish people would be better at communicating. And not so impatient. For instance I am really trying to find a person to become friends with dress up with and maybe even kiss. But when I start the conversation the next step is when am I going to sleep with them?

Maybe it's just me.

Would tonight work for you?....Seriously,i haven't been here long enough to have a pet peeve but when I do I'll be sure to let you know. I have to say it's the diversity of the group I enjoy the most.

Cristi
06-06-2008, 05:34 PM

People who quote an entire post and add a one line response.

AmandaM
06-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Well ladies, my pet peeve is guys who wear women's clothes. Bunch of hairy apes! :devil:

Seriously, what I hate is when a CDer dresses 100% like a woman, and acts like a manly man. Drinkin' beer, smokin' cigars, burping and scratchin' the five o'clock shadow. It just, ain't right.

VirginiaX23
06-06-2008, 07:45 PM
My pet peeve is all the bloody narcissism here! Everyone's always talking about "me, me, me" and no one is talking about me, Virginia! Talk about me, not you! Or at least talk to me...

Nicki B
06-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't usually talk about pet peeves, but I don't like when anyone judges other people too harshly.

I don't see why we have to judge each other at all.. :idontknow:

deja true
06-06-2008, 08:34 PM
:yt:

...and pet peeves? :eek:

all those flashing smiley things!:brolleyes::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

:love::tongueout:love::tongueout

:2c:

VirginiaX23
06-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Deja, you rock!

Babette
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I've been trying figure out what my pet peeve is and just can't develop one. Maybe its time to go play with the dog. I'll be back if I do think of one though. Don't hold your breath till I do. If we had a thread on what pleases us about other CDs, I could do better.

Babette

Carol123
06-07-2008, 01:20 AM
I have three pets that pee,..so what's the big deal:brolleyes:

Mirani
06-07-2008, 02:56 AM
I do understand the frustrations of growing up from childhood through puberty, with a drive and desire but without anything of your own (I have been there after all) BUT whereas I have no "shame" at being a Cder, I would have a conscience about being a thief.
Those who feel that being a Cder gives them the right to steal, proudly boasting how they stole from family and neighbours. I can imagine the defence at court "Not Guilty - I am a Crossdresser so its OK to take what doesn't belong to me."
I can understand the behaviour when frustrated and driven - I cant understand the lack of remorse.

Sally147
06-07-2008, 04:32 AM
:eek: As a newcomer with a diabolical sense of humour, I must say I'm reminded of the song "I've had the same jeans on for four days now." I mean,if you wear them 24/7, how do you have the time to change them? Dear lord, that's what disturbs me! Lol, ok, I'm going back to the sin bin.......

Sally147
06-07-2008, 04:34 AM
People who get dizzy, then answer the wrong thread really get my goat!!

Lilith Moon
06-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Another one, and it's been said by others:

Girls who don't read any of the other posts in a thread, and answer a question in the same way 100 others do, no matter how redundant.

Yes, and girls who don't read any of the other posts in a thread, and answer a question in the same way 100 others do, no matter how redundant.

:D

Wendy me
06-07-2008, 05:48 AM
lol CD'S that act like guys trying to act like GG'S to the point of oh ya i am more fem than you...like every thing is a compation.........

Sedona
06-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Yes, and girls who don't read any of the other posts in a thread, and answer a question in the same way 100 others do, no matter how redundant.

:D

Right back at 'cha! . . .no matter how redundant. :heehee:

Rikkicn
06-07-2008, 08:21 AM

I couldn't agree more. This thread has been very difficult for me to read. It makes me feel sad that we judge each other so harshly for so many thing most of which are a response to the culture we live in, our isolation our lack of knowledge or money.
We all know the challenges and difficulties of trying to lead the lives we've been given and yet we still bash other for who they are are want to be.
It makes me feel very, very sad

Nadia-Maria
06-07-2008, 08:42 AM
This thread has been very difficult for me to read. (...) It makes me feel very, very sad

I use to wonder why so many people read, or react to, threads they apparently just don't like.

Isn't it more logical, when uncomfortable with the thread or the post, just to skip them ?

Kisses

Nadia

Sandra
06-07-2008, 09:00 AM
My Peeves

People who moan and groan about not being accepted, laughed at in public and the nasty comments, then to say "I'm still in the closet". If you want to be accpeted then get out there and educate the public.

People thinking they are better than the next person, no one is better than anyone else.

Those who think it's ok to have sex with another while married and those who think just because they are dressed fem it's not cheating.

Laura_Stephens
06-07-2008, 12:59 PM
My biggest gripe or "pet peeve" if you will, is the attitude that one must be seen in public and post pictures. Some of us are fairly well known and want to protect our private lives as well as protecting our families from ridicule.

VirginiaX23
06-07-2008, 02:12 PM
My biggest gripe or "pet peeve" if you will, is the attitude that one must be seen in public and post pictures. Some of us are fairly well known and want to protect our private lives as well as protecting our families from ridicule.

I know what you mean, Laura. I just take it with a grain of salt, though. While I enjoy the opportunity to share here, this is where I can be open to people outside of my home. Going out in public dressed would be, for me, thrill seeking (I tend to resemble one of the Washington Redskin's Hogettes :D ). However, for those girls here who do post pics and go out, I love you all and I'm thrilled that you are having such positive (for the most part) experiences. Everyone should accept that we all do what we do for the reasons we do and in the way that we do. No one way is wrong or right.

Deborah Jane
06-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Meeting with another c/der [while dressed], who despite you telling them you are not interested in anything more than being friends, they still insist on trying to "grope" you!!!!:Angry3:

Yes..It happened to me recently and all it did was put me off dressing for a while and it definetily put me off going out again!!!

Toni_Lynn
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I'll relate a situation here that did peeve me. Back about 10 years ago in my local CD group, a person attended regularly with his wife. She seemed a bit reluctant, if not uncomfortable, being there.

One thing that didn't seem to help matter was the fact that her husband spend most of the time chatting with the other crossdressers, and left her to fend for herself. There were no other wives there that evening.

I felt so sorry for her. I sat and talked with her. This woman was on the fence as it were and her husband was off doing hs thing, when he should have been engaging her, and helping her to understand.

I guess what I'm getting at is I hate it when a one gets so involved in things vis a vis crossdressing that they do it to the exclusion of others, such as spouses when the spouse is trying to understand.

Don't know if I'm making sense.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Emilia
06-07-2008, 06:02 PM
First off, I love this thread.. its made me laugh and think more than once.

I have to say that mine biggest pet peeve is not dressing age/weight appropriate. Ok, I know what's "appropriate" is in the eye of the beholder, and I won't begrudge anyone their wearing of a fantasy outfit from time to time, but there are so may options out there for us girls of all sizes, you can still be sexy without a beer gut hanging out over your skirt. Spandex is a dirty lie! One size does NOT fit all!!!

Also, it doesn't really happen here (thankfully).. but if I see one more from behind pic of someone bent over in a G-string (or less!)... :puke: That isn't even attractive if the hottest GG on Earth does it!

(please take this in the half-joking manner I meant it)

K

CaptLex
06-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Also, it doesn't really happen here (thankfully).. but if I see one more from behind pic of someone bent over in a G-string (or less!)... :puke: That isn't even attractive if the hottest GG on Earth does it!
Oh it happens . . . we just get to most of those pics before anyone can see them. It's usually people who are so enthusiastic when they join that they don't take a minute to read the rules. We sort through those so you won't have to . . . that's why the staff closet is packed high with bleach. :p

Rita cd12fr
06-08-2008, 07:39 AM
What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?[wendrme]

That's my pet peeve - those who want to dictate to those not ready (for whatever reason(s)) to show their face (no matter how male looking?).

Eugenie
06-08-2008, 07:44 AM
First off, I love this thread.. its made me laugh and think more than once.

I have to say that mine biggest pet peeve is not dressing age/weight appropriate. Ok, I know what's "appropriate" is in the eye of the beholder, and I won't begrudge anyone their wearing of a fantasy outfit from time to time, but there are so may options out there for us girls of all sizes, you can still be sexy without a beer gut hanging out over your skirt. Spandex is a dirty lie! One size does NOT fit all!!!

Also, it doesn't really happen here (thankfully).. but if I see one more from behind pic of someone bent over in a G-string (or less!)... :puke:
I completely agree. Dressing in a manner appropriate according to weight, age and size in general as well as according to the circumstances, is one of the things that I resent most.

While it is peerfectly ok to have famtasies and fun in a fetichist manner, these should be reserved to private intercourse.

As you said,
That isn't even attractive if the hottest GG on Earth does it! It often the case that x-dressers just reproduce a ****ty feminine image that is more looking like a "male fantazy" than a real female person. I have nothing against that if it remains a private endeavour...

If one plans to go out in public, using accepted dress codes (as a female of course) requires some modesty, albeit that some FaB can sometimes be themselves go over board... But in our case the hurdle is even more difficult to overcome...

:hugs:
Eugénie

Joanna:)
06-08-2008, 07:53 AM
My Peeves
Those who think it's ok to have sex with another while married and those who think just because they are dressed fem it's not cheating.

Got to say, this is the only thing that's bothered my about a minority of people in the CD community. I love my fiance and I ask her to put up with enough without her having to worry that I'll throw on a skirt and then mess about with someone else.

Paulette
06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Club wear is nice if you have the body for it and you are under 30, nothing better than to be dressed appropriately and have a cd sister/street walker come up to the table and want to be BFF's drawing everyones attention to you and the other ladies at the table. Doesn't take long for all of the wheels to start moving and the comments to start flowing about did you see the guys in the dresses sitting over there. You know the ones the ****ty dressed guy was talking too. Thats the way to ruin a great evening on the town in MHO.

Steveo
06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
calm down it's only a puppet. (brittish joke) my peeves are (gurls) and posting a preveures post and then, you go gurl,

Donna Michelle
06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Meeting with another c/der [while dressed], who despite you telling them you are not interested in anything more than being friends, they still insist on trying to "grope" you!!!!

Yeah, I never thought I would have to worry about that. After a few drinks, they all get even worse. People seem to think that all crossdressers are loose bisexuals. Or maybe they have hidden desires. But I have problems with lots of guys, not just CDs. I do find myself reminding my CD friends that I am NOT interested in sex with other people. I am married and only interested in GGs.

sterling12
06-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, I didn't think I had any "pet peeves" until I read all of your responses.

For everyone who has complained about "Other Cd's forcing them to leave the closet," Nobody is forcing you to do anything! I don't think that you are even being pressured, UNLESS you are allowing yourselves to be pressured. If you feel some guilt about an issue, then it can seem that someone else is forcing you. It's also a very convenient way to pass off blame. "I didn't want to do it, but they all said to do it."

I think the whole purpose of this Forum is to create a DIALOG. In order to do that, people must express opinions. Hopefully when we have a significant thread going; all sides of an issue are written about and a huge variety of opinions are expressed. I have done it, but no one should have to...finish every sentence with a caveat to be completely P.C. Example: "I think you should try going out and joining a support group.....But, by all means it's your choice, and you don't have to do anything, you can stay right in the bedroom, you can gaze at the stars, etc. etc., ad nauseum!"

Personally, I think we get along pretty well. I don't see stupid flame wars, I don't see real nastiness. We can get testy, but anybody writing here has to expect differing ideas. Do I think you should "tell your wife." Yeah, maybe....usually, but I never did. And; it's just one idea among many. You have to pick!

By the way, you also have the right to have a "pet peeve," about anyone or anything you want. I'm just trying to clarify.

Peace and Love, Joanie

NatalieBliss
06-11-2008, 12:36 AM
My most relevant pet peeve is not specific to CDing (as none of them are) This pet peeve (I have many) is about discussions on pet peeves. A pet peeve is something that annoys the individual citing the pet peeve. It may seem illogical to everyone else on the planet, but that doesn't matter because that is why it is a pet peeve in the first place. So don't get mad about other people's pet peeve if you know you do it, that person who is annoyed by you is being illogical and therefore you shouldn't be annoyed by it... unless that is your pet peeve. Then by all means be annoyed.:tongueout

Trinity86
06-11-2008, 01:13 AM
i havent developed any pet peeves yet... give it time

Sweet Jane
06-11-2008, 02:48 AM
I don't like how when some people here dress they indicate that they become sexually promiscuous, even to the extent of altering their sexuality....this is especially irksome for the ones in relationships????....I don't get it, I don't wish to get it either. It does sadden me though, that thats how ill informed people see me too?

Jeannie Bingham
06-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Why can't look as good as some of the girls here when I'm dressed?
That's not really a peeve btw, just good old fashioned, green-eyed jealousy!