PDA

View Full Version : Please dont misunderstand

Patrice
05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
As I have mentioned before I work in a large-retail box-store. At my station I see hordes of people walk by every day and this has been an incredible opportunity to observe the truths and facts of modern female fashion in the wild as it were.

Though this will end with a couple criticisms of things I have seen, please dont misunderstand. I am not bashing whatever GGs decide to wear, some of the sexiest most feminine women I've seen walk by were wearing old jeans and a simple sweater or t-shirt with NO makeup! (gasp).

Disclaimer issued:

Point one.
I know many comedians have brought this up over the years, but good goddess! Some Fabrics(spandex!!!) should have a licensing requirement! We require certain ages to smoke, drink, or drive - a license here could help protect evryone elses mental health!

Point Two
This is semi-related to point one. Certain cuts and styles of clothing should come with an age requirement! I think you know what I mean, 'nuff said.

Point Three
This one borders on a psychotic pet-peeve of mine. Lately it seems to be that I see more High-Heels as daily foot wear for ladies doing their shopping. The reasons would seem to vary (on the way home, enjoying themselves, etc). Ladies (and I speak to the ones I see every day) I dont care how sexy you look standing in the aisle posing as you compare prices on bathroom rugs. If you cannot walk normally in the heels, please dont wear them! Hunched over, knees bent, clopping along like you have a joint condition - its just sad.

Rant done - let the flames begin. I could use the heat, its cold in my room right now.

KandisTX
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh I can add a few more for you ;)

We have a saying around the renaissance faires. "Chain maille is a priviledge, not a right". This concept can and SHOULD be applied to spandex or any form fitting fabric as well.

Leather mini-skirts should not take the entire cow to make them.

Do not ask if the dress makes you look fat. It's the FAT that makes you look fat.

Abnormally High Heels, while sexy should be worn ONLY when the outing WARRANTS them. This does not include shopping at the local "Quick-E-Mart" for a single can of beer.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is this one; If you would wear it out on a Friday or Saturday Night to go "clubbing", it is NOT appropriate to wear to the office.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Sophia KT
05-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I agree about dressing your age, but if you go for practical, you end up with wellies. I would rather see someone struggling in heels; there’s something so disarming about an involuntarily wiggling bottom. Makes me feel I am less alone, and more like a real girl.

:D

Emily Ann Brown
05-07-2008, 02:04 PM
ROFLMAO.

Reminds me of the time a young lady came in our company to apply for a position involving initial customer contact. Although I was not the one with final approval I was asked my opinion in general of this lady. All I could think of was " If she dressed like this to apply for the job and impress us, how much worse will it get if we give her the job ? "

Some people (men included) have no class or common sense.

Emily Ann

MJ
05-07-2008, 02:24 PM
first of all if someone wishes to wear an item what ever it is.. let them who are we to judge ..
second so what if it took the whole cow it's a choice .. and if anyone wishes to wear heels let them we all got to learn some how and time..
Third .. have you seen what some of us cd to ts wear ....and we say it's OK !!!
last there are many reason some are overweight ...
YES Please don't Misunderstand i get it .. but keep your words sweet you never know when your going to eat them ...

KandisTX
05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
MJ,

My comments are not only directed to GG's... they are directed to some of our "sisters" as well. Believe me, I have seen fashion faux pas on both sides of the proverbial fence ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Kimberly Kael
05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Not that I disagree with the premise of the original post, but as a community I think CDers should be the very last ones to throw stones here. We all seem to start off with the fashion sense of a twelve year old girl and how fast we progress from there depends on a lot of factors. How good are we at listening to feedback? Is there anyone who knows us well enough to feel comfortable giving feedback? Are we objective about our own appearance? Do we care at all about what other people think, or do we just dress for ourselves?

Each of these questions applies equally to us and GGs. The only advantages they tend to have are more time to practice and parents whose job it is to provide feedback. Neither guarantees a well-developed or socially acceptable fashion sense!

Cassy11
05-07-2008, 02:52 PM
There shouldn't be any Flames. You are just observing the world as it passes by. I mean there are TV shows that tell women how to dress. How many makeover shows are there? .....Some don't care how they look, some have no fashion sense. How many of us were able to coordinate a outfit when we first started dressing?
Observing is great, it will tell you what works and what doesn't and yes Spandex works only for those with the body for it.

Tamara Croft
05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Rights of Content (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content)

Posts or threads ridiculing other members or the manner in which they express themselves, unless they post of something immoral or illegal. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves(such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations, sexual preference, etc.)And on that note, I'm closing this thread.