PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Invitation

Nikki A.
05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I've written that I came out to a co-worker regarding my CDing. While we have yet to make it out with her friends, she came up with an interesting proposal.
Her husband's aunt is having a commitment ceremony with another lady towards the end of the month. My friend asked told her about my dressing and asked if I could come with them. She said why not and that I would not be the only one dressed.
I don't know anyone there but my coworker and her husband. He and I get along very well and he knows that I'm the closest friend with her at work but I'm nervous since he does not know this side of me. She says that he'd be fine with it, but, you know sometimes people don't always react the way you think they might.
Any opinions or should I just do it.

Kieron Andrew
05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
She knows her husband best and the friend says there will be others dressed so its a GLBT wedding, so go for it

MJ
05-07-2008, 05:17 PM
There will be Others Dressed . so why not ?.. it's your fear ..
just tell her you will go and plan for a great day go have fun..

DawnRodgers
05-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I think that I'd want a little more assurance that he would be OK with it. MOIre than "she knows he will". If he isn't it could be a long day and a possibility that a fun time would not be had by all. Let her ask him aboiut it and give his OK. Assume nothing.

Nikki A.
05-07-2008, 05:37 PM
There is a part of me that really does not care about who knows about my dressing, I do fear that it could hurt me at work if it became known. I've told my friend that I was ok with her telling her husband at any time if she felt that he was uncomfortable with our friendship. Believe me I love her as a friend and would never in any way do anything to jeopardize her relationship with him. Hell, when they argue I point out his point of view and try to calm her down.
Of course he has to know and agree before I join them.

TxKimberly
05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
There will be Others Dressed . so why not ?.. it's your fear ..
just tell her you will go and plan for a great day go have fun..

I like MJ's answer - it's your fear. The only questions you should be asking yourself is can you live with it if your friend doesn't like it?

Sinthia
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I think that I would ask the man myself, and if he is OK with it, try meeting him dressed, so he will know what to expect. before going to the party. That way, everyone will give their honest opinion, and no feelings will be hurt. Let him know that you are not trying to throw your lifestyle in his face.

Kate Simmons
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I say go for it Hon but only if you are 100% sure about your friend's husband.:)

gennee
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I agree with Kieron, so go for it and have a good time.

Gennee

:):thumbsup:

TGMarla
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
There will be others dressed? Does this guy, your friend's husband, know the others who will be dressed? Does he already know that there will be crossdressed men at his aunt's party? Are the other CDs going to this party as a group, or does your friend or her aunt just know a lot of crossdressers? These are some of the questions that I would ask your friend. If the answers are favorable, and you find that your friend's husband knows of others in his circles who do this, then I'd jump at the chance. Another like it may never come around, and as a somewhat formal party (I assume), you could really dress to the nines. And that would be a blast.

RockerTerri
05-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I would go for it:thumbsup:

Terri

Rachel Morley
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
If it was me, I'd be asking myself two questions.

1) How important is this to me that I do it?

2) If I don't do it, will I feel like I missed out on a great opportunity and then regret not doing it?

Your call .............

vikki2020
05-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I say go, go,go!The bride says it's cool, your friends are allright with it--her idea--there will be others dressed,and you really don't know anyone, or they you.It's the perfect storm!:battingeyelashes:

Patty
05-07-2008, 08:25 PM

2) If I don't do it, will I feel like I missed out on a great opportunity and then regret not doing it?

Your call .............

I agree :thumbsup:

Roberta Lynn
05-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I think that I would ask the man myself, and if he is OK with it, try meeting him dressed, so he will know what to expect. before going to the party. That way, everyone will give their honest opinion, and no feelings will be hurt. Let him know that you are not trying to throw your lifestyle in his face.

:yt:
I agree with Sinthia. Meet dressed with the friend and her husband. You should be able to read their reaction. You should also reassure them that if they are at all uncomfortable that it is alright to tell you. Let them know how much you value their friendship.

If everything is OK than definitely go to the Ceremony dressed.

Ciara
05-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Girl,
I say go for it bigtime!!! Back in Oct I was asked to be a bridesmaid for my best friend -GG in drab mind you! After a few minutes of fear it all went away and I had a FABULESS time, I can only dream of what it would have been like as Ciara. As for your friends husband, as long as your not sleeping with him what do you care what he thinks. You go Girl and don't look back!!!

Shelly Preston
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I think a meeting with this lady and her husband dressed has to be the first step

Hearing and seeing dont necessarily get the same reaction

If all goes well then it wont be a surprise to him come the big dayplus he will be more comfortable about it

sterling12
05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
As a courtesy, I would ask him directly. However, I imagine when she says "he will be OK with it," that she has already talked with him. If you were her, wouldn't you?

Actually it will probably be a lot tougher on the Husband than on you. He wcould be among people who are liberal, probably somewhat "in your face," and many of them can be vocally aggressive, if they sense he is antagonistic. He will have to be very comfortable with his own masculinity to deal with the situation.

Usual scenario, and I've been around straight males at these types of events. His senses will be so overloaded with new sights and sounds, you will be a low priority. Be demure, be friendly, you two will get along fine.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Jenna1561
05-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I think you should definitely talk with your friend's husband and find out his feelings about you going with them dressed. Of course you should go and your biggest concern really should be what to wear and not show up the husband's aunt and her partner.

Have fun.

Jenna

Angie G
05-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Go for it hun and enjoy the day. :hugs:
Angie

Nikki A.
05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
He saw me dressed two Halloweens ago when I met them and drove his wife to work. He also knows I dressed last Halloween. She helped me with my makeup so she has seen me dressed both times.
We are probably all going together to another coworker's wedding the week before. I will deinatly make sure that he is fine with it. After all it is his Aunt and he knows her friends and life choices.
I guess the deciding factors will be 1) how he feels about it along with the rest of his family 2) whether their son is coming (he's 5) and I don't want to screw him up. Also this is a Saturday affair and I'll need to be able to leave early so that I can get ready and I'll need a place to change nearby. I live too far to make it back and forth and my one of my kids will be home and they don't really know. They just think I'm strange sometimes.

jaina
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
There is absolutly no reason why you shouldn't go dressed.

victoriamwilliams1
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Your call .............

I agree too!

Sharon B.
05-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Could it be that her husband will also be dressed when they go to it??

TGMarla
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, if all the cards fall into place, I hope you have a lovely time!

Margot
05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
If her hubby is willing to go to the commitment ceremony he most certainly will be ok with your going dressed. Have a wonderful time and get in the pics.
:hugs:
Margot

marny
05-09-2008, 12:14 AM
If she knows.....he knows!

"Mary"
05-09-2008, 01:01 AM
If it matters, I think the "Go for its" have it.

So, now you have to decide what to wear. What do you have in mind? Care to let us comment on the options you are considering?

LoriTG
05-09-2008, 02:30 AM
How about talking with the husband before the wedding?

Jenny Doolittle
05-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Sounds like the perfect time for you to grow.........Go for it and enjoy. Besides, if things dont work out for you, you can alwasy leave.

Nikki A.
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM
She told him yesterday and and we talked about it. His gunsmith is a CD and he has friends and family with alternative lifestyles. He was really great at making me feel accepted. I had called because he had received some negaive health results and I called to see if they needed any help in any way. I was very surprised that she told him yesterday with all they had going on.
Soo I guess that I'm going to try and go. All I need is to be able to swing the time off.

Jamie14
05-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Too good of an opportunity to pass up!! I would definitely go!! Could be a chance of a lifetime!!

KayR
05-14-2008, 06:34 PM
His gunsmith is a CD.
Now thats not a sentence you would read very often!!:D

matrioshka
05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Now thats not a sentence you would read very often!!:D

I'll confess. I share the same divergent interests. I now wonder how many shooting enthusiasts crossdress.

M

Pamela Julie
05-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Go for it! If you think there would be an awkward moment with your friend's husband, have her tell him before the ceremony so it isn't a supprise at the event.

Pamela:)