PDA

View Full Version : A Few random questions...

boi_0h
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
to which i can't find an answer anywhere else.

1.Someone told me that ginger lowers your voice temporarily...true? false? any experiences with this?

2. Someone someone also told me that singing in a tone range lower than yours makes your voice lower with time, sort of like mtf voice training...again, any experiences?

3. I want to get a tattoo on my shoulder blade, but with binding would that be not a good place? I'm willing to take some discomfort but I don't want to ruin the tatt by compressing it too much or something.

Cai
05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
1. No idea.

2. Well, it seems to have worked for me. I train mine to hang out in the lower ranges, and if I'm paying attention it stays there. Mostly I trained it with country artists because I could actually follow the lyrics.

3. You can't bind for about a week or so following a shoulderblade tattoo. That's where I got mine, and the artist told me that sports bras were fine, but nothing tighter.

ZenFrost
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I can't say anything about 2 or 3 because I've no experience with either, but with 1 I'm disinclined to believe it to be true. I eat ginger on a regular basis (ginger chews) and I've never noticed any voice changes in myself or any members of my family, who also eat ginger frequently.

Drake
05-14-2008, 07:20 AM
I've done #2 a ton of times. I usually sing an octave lower than anything I hear on the radio except for artists who already have low voices.
I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that I'm getting older has deepened my voice. People are really surprised how much I can drop my voice. (Sure helps for voice acting. :p http://media.putfile.com/evil-laugh-87 <--This sure scared my friends.)

ZenFrost
05-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I've done #2 a ton of times. I usually sing an octave lower than anything I hear on the radio except for artists who already have low voices.
I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that I'm getting older has deepened my voice. People are really surprised how much I can drop my voice. (Sure helps for voice acting. :p http://media.putfile.com/evil-laugh-87 <--This sure scared my friends.)

:eek: That does sound kinda scary. I bet it's great on Halloween.