PDA

View Full Version : new name

rays999
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Ive been trying to find my new womans name but nothing seems to be right yet, how long did it take you to find a name you are comfortable with, any sujestions please

Carla4Guage
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Mine is a fem form of my real name. Lots of girls do that, would that work for you? Another thing I've heard is to take the name of a girl friend or friend from your childhood. Looking up the names of ancesters might give you another idea. Good luck, this one you get to pick, not like the one you found out you got.

RockerTerri
05-08-2008, 03:32 PM
The name my parents would have given me, had i been a gg, would have been Amanda....not a name i care for much.

Teresa is just a play on my birth name (so is Michelle, my chosen middle name) and will soon become my legal name. Picked it just because i like it, and because my signature dosent need to change much.

Pick the name YOU like. Its a hell of a big decision for many of us, and it represents your female identity. Dont make it hastily, but ill bet you already have one in mind:)

Good luck, Terri

Cheryl Anne
05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
My name came from my father. This is the name I would have been given if I was born GG. It fits like a glove. You might look up the meaning of the name you pick too. Some times it describes your character, I know mine does me.

BTB.. I asked my mom how the "Anne" would have been spelled, and she told me she didn't know. So, I put the "E" on the end.

:D :D

thea
05-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I tried a few names, and one I kept for a few years, but I think I've settled on a feminine derivative of the masculine name on my birth certificate. (I've also tried different styles of dress, different looks... Exploration is a big part of CD'ing, I think.

tamela bell
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
i am still not satisfied with mine. my sister is even trying to get me to change it.

brookalicious
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I thought of the cutest girl in high school that I wanted to be... and well...

so I'm here!

jessielee
05-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Rae works!
unless you're distancing yourself from a drab name.
me, i was lazy, chose my name in femme form.
but you may scour babynames.com
or books from the library
or your dreams or your relatives...
what kind of girl do you feel like, hun!
go by meaning or intuition, the name that flows, the one that rings on your ears!
may you find your true name, dear.
jessie

trannie T
05-08-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm on my fourth or fifth femme name. I have found it to be a difficult choice. My male name "Thomas" does not lend itself to a feminine version. I do not to use the same name as a relative or a friend and I have to like the name. After some thought I have decided on using "Vanessa" at least for the time being.

karinels
05-09-2008, 12:20 AM
i chose my name for 2 reasons. first is the fact that i love my ex and everything about her, she is the reason i go on every day. the second is our names were so close, kevin and karin, both our middle names are lynn(spelled the same at that). ill toss a third reason at you as well. even though we split in a very bad way, she has had the biggest impact on my life, and i can never hate her, even though at the time i couldnt understand her, so i keep her name as mine in respect, admiration, love, and mostly for the memories. i just dont ever want to forget her.

Carly D.
05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
For me, I had never thought of a name for when I dressed up, until I got on the internet and wanted things sent to me by email and didn't want my email box loaded with questionable things so I thought I better have something set up to receive such.. and I went with logic in that for me to remember the email address I should have a part of another name, a chicks name, and that's where the need for my name then came from.. then I changed my name to what it is now which corresponds to my actual initials of my real name.. that's one idea.. the other is to take your actual name and get the female equivalent.. i.e. Joe could be Jo Ann or Joan.. Randy could be Randy (in more ways than one).. you know what I mean?? I'm babbling again.. never mind...

KarenCDFL
05-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I have used several different names over the years but never really felt they "were me"

I remembered that when I was young, my mom who has since passed away told my that if I was born a girl my name would have been Karen.

So there it is.

Thanks Mom. Always love you :love:

Angie G
05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Use a name that you like or that has A place in your heart. :hugs:
Angie

sandra-leigh
05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
My male name "Thomas" does not lend itself to a feminine version.

According to http://www.babynamesworld.com/
Thomas is derived from Aramaic and means "Twin". The
most direct femminizations are Thomasina and related, but
those are not very common here. If, though, you do a search by meaning looking for Twin, then amongst the matching names and also derived from Aramaic are "Tammi" and related names ("Tami" and so on.)

My name, though, really doesn't have a female version. About the closest by meaning would perhaps be Bellatrix, and that's not very close. I dunno, maybe Bella would suit me better than Tess :battingeyelashes:

rachel_rachel
05-17-2008, 02:55 AM
At the time i used to watch "friends" every week so that's how i came up eith my name.. Rachel after the character name of Jennifer Anniston.

I loved everything about her, the hair style was main one that did it for me though.

Sarahwithanh11
05-17-2008, 03:01 AM
It's strange - when I started thinking of different names, when I came across "Jessica" I just knew it felt right. The whole process took a couple of hours over the space of a couple of days, and there were no other serious contenders. "Jessica" isn't anyone I knew, had known or anything similar to my actual name either - it just felt right.

"Hyde" came about just about as quickly, moments after I needed a last name for something online. I think I got the idea from the street in San Francisco getting mentioned on the news. I like the connotation of the Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde tale, but it's not like I was an English major or anything.

"Marie" just sounded good as a middle name -again, shortly after I needed a middle name for something. I've seen a few other Jessica Maries out there so it must be a good combination.

And despite coming up with Jessica Marie Hyde so quickly, I've never even considered changing any of it!

So I guess my suggestion would be to find a list of names, and just go through them until you find what you think you like. You're the only person you have to please.

Amy Hepker
05-17-2008, 04:13 AM
Many years. But I like the one I have now.

Maria2004
05-17-2008, 09:28 AM
It took me a while, I was still in the closet but wanted to correspond with another CD I found on the internet. Once I settled on a name I wanted it to be permanent so I put a lot of thought into it. My given name was unsuitable so I had to use a different approach. I felt I was developing a "persona" part who I am, and part who I wanted to be which was Latina.

I have a memory of a Cuban girl from first grade that has left an impression on me to this day, her name was "Maria Elaina". So I choose Maria and I used the Spanish version of my middle name "Andrew", thus Maria Andres was born.

Deborah Jane
05-17-2008, 09:32 AM
It was going to be my name if i had been born a girl.
My mum told me after i came "out" to her, so it seemed the best choice for me!!

Carroll
05-17-2008, 09:46 AM
My Wife gave me mine

lynnrichards
05-17-2008, 11:42 AM
I use my middle name, Lynn. This was the name my mother would have given to the daughter she was looking forward to having. When I arrived, she used Lynn for my middle name.

Taffy
05-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Took about 2 weeks for me. I started with the 20,001 Names for Baby book, picking out the names that sounded good. After a couple weeks, I got down to Taffy and, fortuitously, I went to iName.com (later Mail.com), which was offering free email accounts on a whole bunch of domains, cheerful.com being one of them. With taffy@cheerful.com being my email address, I became Taffy Cheerful. I have kept the same name for over a decade now and am very attached to it.

Taffy

Kayla Shadows
05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
I guess you could say it has taken 30 years to find my name.But really deciding I should make one took about 6 months.It might just come to you one day or you could check out lists of names and meanings.You[ll find something that fits you :)

Chiana
05-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I really liked the character Chiana from the TV show "Farscape" and used it for this forum. I have also used the name Cheryl because I knew a Cheryl that I admired. But I am not "married" to either name and would/could change it if I found something else I preferred for some reason.