PDA

View Full Version : You know you're passing when...

windycissy
05-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I was at the checkout counter at the drugstore today, wearing a simple tieback blouse and a flouncy skirt, when the female cashier said to me, "Thanks for shopping at Longs, and Happy Mother's Day if you're a mom!" I can't stop smiling! Who would have thought that one my most memorable moments would take place in a Longs drugstore...has anyone else had a moment like that?

Karren H
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Well Tracey.... Your one cute girl for sure....

Me? Nahhhh I think when I'm out enfemme, anyone and everyone I come in contact with is as confused about whom or what I am, as I am.... But on the positive side, the potential embarasement posed by the risk of accusing someone's grandmother's a man crossdressing as a woman does tend keep uncomplimentary comments to a minimum!! hehehe

Have a Happy Mother's Day.... you Mom you!! :)

Kris
05-09-2008, 01:48 AM
But on the positive side, the potential embarasement posed by the risk of accusing someone's grandmother's a man crossdressing as a woman does tend keep uncomplimentary comments to a minimum!! hehehe

That's as bad as asking a fat person if they are pregnant! LMAO.. there are those people out there that don't think......... so it's possible!

Kris

Karren H
05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Well.... in that case, for those that don't think... I walk real fast and don't give them a change to see I'm not a woman.... or even speak to me!!! lol

Jenny Doolittle
05-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Dont yea just love that contact out.regardless if the comment was mistaken or not, just nice being treated as a lady.

Deborah Jane
05-09-2008, 07:35 AM
They don,t point, giggle and say "Look at the weirdo"!!!

windycissy
05-09-2008, 08:09 AM
It was certainly nicer than my least memorable moment, I had "packed for two" on a trip to London and was walking down Oxford Street, nicely decked out in a kilt and blazer, when a bloke pointed at me and shouted "It's a f****** man!" I have always blamed jetlag...

Carly D.
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I know I'm passing when I'm in the left lane and the other cars bumper is right next to me in the other lane... ok, I know that's not what you meant but, I really have no idea.. I try to pass a few times but never went out to find out...

Melanie R
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM
You are know you are passing when two couples ask if you left your husband at home - or perhaps they need new glasses and ears.

pamela_a
05-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Of course being called miss or ma'am is always nice. A couple weeks ago I had stopped into the grocery store after work. A lady with food samples called me over to her booth. While we were chatting I mentioned something about my granddaughter's upcoming birthday. She looked at me and said "isn't it wonderful being a grandmother". I don't know if that could be considered passing or just the perspective of an understanding woman but it sure felt nice either way.

-Paula-

Sam-antha
05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Well.... in that case, for those that don't think... I walk real fast and don't give them a change to see I'm not a woman.... or even speak to me!!! lol

Small and rapid steps I hope Karren

Kimberly Kael
05-09-2008, 05:44 PM
The funny thing for me is that I get mistaken for a woman whether or not I'm dressed. Even more amusing is that my wife has mistaken other women for me, at least from behind. In practice, though, I try not to get hung up on "passing." There are enough cues that are out of my control, barring one surgery after another, that my focus is on being accepted.

I hate the implication that I have to avoid talking to anyone for fear of giving myself away. Sorry, but I'd rather take pride in who I am. I find that talking to people puts them at ease. Why should I care if I "pass" as an evasive, anti-social woman? Not that I mean to completely derail the thread ... I definitely get a kick out of being perceived as female, I just think there's a downside to placing too much self-esteem on the line. Enjoy it when it happens, girls!

windycissy
05-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I hate the implication that I have to avoid talking to anyone for fear of giving myself away. Sorry, but I'd rather take pride in who I am. I find that talking to people puts them at ease. Why should I care if I "pass" as an evasive, anti-social woman? Not that I mean to completely derail the thread ... I definitely get a kick out of being perceived as female, I just think there's a downside to placing too much self-esteem on the line. Enjoy it when it happens, girls!

That's a very refreshing outlook on life, Kimberly. I guess the guy in me makes me want to pass all the time, it's like a challenge, but I'm realistic enough to know that you can't fool all of the people all of the time...carpe diem!

Billijo49504
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
All I have to say is get a job giving out samples at a grocery store, you will get to see every type of women there is. If you have the right attitude, youcan pass. Trust Me...BJ

vikki2020
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
It's a kick just to be ignored.Shopping shoulder to shoulder in the make-up aisle, getting no reaction from the woman next to you.Just another girl in a whirl!

Rachel Morley
05-09-2008, 10:58 PM
.....I think when I'm out enfemme, anyone and everyone I come in contact with is as confused about whom or what I am, as I am.... But on the positive side, the potential embarasement posed by the risk of accusing someone's grandmother's a man crossdressing as a woman does tend keep uncomplimentary comments to a minimum!! hehehe

LOL! :rofl: ... that's EXACTLY what I think Karren! I can't believe they (apparently?) can't tell. They never say anything or even give me weird looks. I just assume people think I must be an ugly woman with too much makeup on! :D

Anyway, ... yes ... Cissy ... I think you certainly did pass for the cashier person. I can't imagine her saying that if she didn't think you were female. :) Awesome!

windycissy
05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Anyway, ... yes ... Cissy ... I think you certainly did pass for the cashier person. I can't imagine her saying that if she didn't think you were female. :) Awesome!

Thanks Rachel, one thing's for sure, mother's day will never be the same for me...one of my galpals has started calling me "Mom"

MichelleOBrien
05-10-2008, 03:53 PM
you know you're passing when you go to a gay bar and two lesbians start fighting over which one is taking you home....had that happen to me, but they may have been drunk...lol

Jennifer in CO
05-11-2008, 07:48 AM
you know your passing when your at a bar and your asked to enter a wet t shirt contest!!! (I came in 3rd...lets see...that was 26 years ago????)

Jenn

Amy Hepker
05-11-2008, 08:01 AM
I walked into Wal-Mart years ago dressed and the Lady at the door said Good mourning Ladies, I felt so good inside, then the girls inside the store were starring at me.

windycissy
05-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I walked into Wal-Mart years ago dressed and the Lady at the door said Good mourning Ladies, I felt so good inside, then the girls inside the store were starring at me.

Nobody goes four for four in the all star game: I was listening to a baseball player describe the secret to his success: he doesn't let the strikeouts, etc. get him down, he just says to himself, "that's baseball." When you get read - and we all do - just say to yourself, "that's crossdressing" and get back in there!

slamddoger
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
when no one look at you at all. or where thay dont pont at you and laugth at you

chrissy_crossdresser
05-11-2008, 09:31 PM
That's as bad as asking a fat person if they are pregnant! LMAO.. there are those people out there that don't think......... so it's possible!

Kris
or a pregnant person fat lol

JaytoJillian
05-11-2008, 11:38 PM
It's a kick just to be ignored.Shopping shoulder to shoulder in the make-up aisle, getting no reaction from the woman next to you.Just another girl in a whirl!

Totally! Though it is fun to stop traffic every now and then

CD Susan
05-12-2008, 12:33 AM
I was called Maam a couple of weeks ago for the first time and it was such a good feeling.

vikki2020
05-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Totally! Though it is fun to stop traffic every now and then

Yeah, it sure is....as long as nobody gets hurt11:heehee:

Rita cd12fr
05-18-2008, 02:52 AM
... I come along and tell Windycissy that her photo here is the absolute image of one of the teachers (female, of course) that my elder son had at school (in London, UK) when he was about six.

I can't imagine that I'll ever get close but, then again, I haven't really started yet.

Monica Santos
05-18-2008, 06:53 AM
I get a few honks and whistles from passers by. I have never gone one on one, such as a check out clerk. All I have to say is "good for you!".

Monica

Cheryl T
05-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I was shopping with my wife and a friend about a year ago and as we were waiting at the checkout a lady and her little boy were nearby. The boy had a ball he kept dropping and it would bounce my way so I would pick it up and hand it to him and she would tell him to say thank you. After about 5 times she finally said to him, "that's enough ... I don't think the nice lady wants to play anymore" and she smiled at me. I felt wonderful and either she was not aware or very kind. Either way, it made my day.

:battingeyelashes:

windycissy
05-18-2008, 09:45 AM
... I come along and tell Windycissy that her photo here is the absolute image of one of the teachers (female, of course) that my elder son had at school (in London, UK) when he was about six.

I can't imagine that I'll ever get close but, then again, I haven't really started yet.

Wow, how cool is that? You made my day! I hope you do get started, you might surprise yourself, your inner woman is waiting to come out....

Glenda
05-18-2008, 10:41 AM
A group of girls from one of the bars I frequent invite me out occasionally for their girls nights out. On one of those nights a few months ago, they decided they wanted to finish the night off at our regular bar. We walked in a little after midnight and began chatting with the other customers. One of our friends didn't recognize who I was and he came up and started hitting on me. Imagine the look on his face when one of the girls I had gone out with tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Garrett, that's Glen." He turned beet red and still gets reminded of it often.

Mitch23
05-18-2008, 01:47 PM
don't really get too much reaction either way - no-one really wants to call out another person and get it wrong and I reckon i pass well enough for doubts. I am 6'2" but there are tall women around.

mitch