PDA

View Full Version : spotted possible two-spirited person

sandra-leigh
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
On the city bus this afternoon.

The first thing that I noticed (while they were outside) was that his/her shirt had got caught up on belt loop and wasn't sitting right. But as they turned towards me (upon boarding the bus) and moved towards a seat, I could see a light moustache and a thin but noticeable wispy beard. Hair was ambiguous length and graying; it did not appear to be a wig. Pants were not obviously genderized; shirt was a light orange with little flowers on it -- a woman's shirt in colour and pattern. The person had noticeable (neither huge nor small) breasts, in the slouched-down position typical of an older woman not wearing a bra; my assessment was that they were natural -- definitely not firm enough to be any kind of forms that I have seen.

I did ponder for a while whether I was seeing a "bearded lady", but the general character of the person's face hinted at male rather than female to me. And then finally when they got off the bus, they thanked the driver in a voice that was slightly higher pitched than usual but male.

The shape of their moustache and beard was similar to what is sometimes seen on some Chinese men, but the skin tone was fairly white (there were some oriental women on the bus I could compare to). I am not certain by any means, but my best assessment was that the person was Anishinabe (Ojibwe), or possibly Michif (quite rare!), but probably not the Cree that are the most common aboriginal people in this area (wrong facial structure for Cree).

I did consider the possibility that it might be a guy who just happened to have gynomastia, but the shirt was not consistent with that; also, their jacket was a purple more in keeping with femme.

michelle64
05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
i fail to see your point in this...so you may be saw another CD?..and your shocked?..

sandra-leigh
05-09-2008, 05:07 PM
i fail to see your point in this...so you may be saw another CD?

Not a cross-dresser -- or at least I've never seen a cross-dresser with realistic "middle-aged breast sag". Possibly TS/TG: the breasts could have been a deliberate body modification through HRT or herbal.

No, the point was that the person may literally have been one of the "two-spirited". "Two-spirited" is a term picked up by some of the transgender community; I tend to think "New Age" when I hear the term used. But "two-spirited" had its roots in aboriginal society, and it appeared to me that the person was aboriginal, and thus possibly "two-spirited" in the original use of the word.

michelle64
05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
that clarifys a few things