PDA

View Full Version : the walk home

charlene angela
05-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I just have to share this with everyone, i've worn high heels since i was 14 (now 36) but have never worn them outside(other peoples attitudes,lack of confidence etc.) this has burning inside me just recently and since joining the group it has really boosted my confidence, so i thought tonight is the night! I work 6pm till midnight and live about a 15 minute walk from where i work and before leaving i popped my 5" black patents in my bag and set off, well all i could think of at work was the walk home (i've never clocked watched so much in my life!) Midnight comes and when i get down the road i take out my heels and slip them on, it's just me and my patents and the road , as you all know it's exhillarating to slip into your favorite shoes, i smiled every time my heel hit the pavement, after 22 years i have finally done what i have always wanted to do..wear heels outside.
Well i'm home now sitting with them still on drinking a coffee and still thinking about that perfect walk home.............................................. ..

there is a problem though, i need to find a job a bit further away!:)

Kristen Marie
05-09-2008, 09:53 PM
That's so exciting. Did they go click...click...click too?

I have several pairs of shoes I like to wear in the daylight. They are cute loafers with girlie stitching and they are exciting to wear.

I bet you'll try other ones now!!

Sheena Pink
05-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Glad you had a good walk home in your heels Charlene!

Christine Kelly
05-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Nothing else quite sounds like heels on a sidewalk
and the way they change the how you walk.
Congrats on your walk home in heels. :)

Amy Hepker
05-11-2008, 07:37 AM
That's great!!! Fun ain't it???

Lisa Rose
05-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Clickity Clack down the road we walk.

A good pair of heels makes any outfit look feminine.

Yay for you.:cheer::twirl::yippee::Party2:

TGMarla
05-11-2008, 09:06 AM
You want to walk for fifteen minutes on paved roads in 5" heels? Okay. 3" to 3 1/2" I could see, but 5" would about kill me. Have fun!

Claire3
05-11-2008, 09:23 AM
So pleased 4u.Ive done a late night/early am walk,its kinda exciting but scarey 2.The sound of heels walking along is so unmistakeable!Especially in the early hours when even the birds are still asleep!:love:

TxKimberly
05-11-2008, 01:01 PM
And yet another one takes her first steps outside! lol
It's kind of fun to be out in the world isn't it?

Jackie67
05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I just love the way that they sound onthe side walk I sometimes walk to Wally-world it is only about 6 blocks away from where I live and with the price of GAS these days anything to save money.
I have been doing this more often lately. Also go to a little Deli Close by and my 4 inchheels go with me I LOVE IT:heehee::love:

JoAnnDallas
05-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Congrads....Don't it just feel great...

CD Susan
05-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Charlene, congratulations on doing what you have always wanted to do. I have done this same thing and yes it was fun. That sound is unmistakable and is such a thrill to hear.

jessielee
05-12-2008, 12:25 AM
dear Charlene,
good job!
how interesting that such a common thing that many GGs take for granted transforms a workshift into something charged with expectaton and joy?
less than a month ago i first walked outside and besides the delightful clicking, the tracks i made in the light, new snowfall energized me and my night into something like a storybook experience, all for silly tracks made in the crisp night air, under myriad stars, symbols of emerging into new freedom of expression and being!
you go girl!
and, please, tell us some more about your experiences!
best,
jessie

erickka
05-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Walking on sidewalks in 5" stilettos is a blast, but unless they have metal heel taps, they sure wear out quickly!