PDA

View Full Version : Have You Had a Bad Experience While Dressed?

trannie T
05-09-2008, 11:43 PM
There have been several threads regarding self defense which have sadly turned into arguments about concealed weapons, and there was a recent thread about embarrassing moments, but I do not recall any post about being assaulted/threatened/intimidated while dressed. So I ask, Have you ever felt that you were in danger because of being dressed?

ShannonDragon
05-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I can honestly say "no" as I have taken to heart words spoken to me by my wife.

Be aware of your surroundings
Park under a light
Have your keys in hand
Check under your car BEFORE you get to it.
Check inside your car BEFORE you get in it
Keep out of known dangerous areas or if you wouldn't go there in guy mode, why are you going there in gal mode?? :2c:

crusadergirl
05-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I would have to say no nothing bad has happened to me so far.
Have a felt like i was in danger while dressed no not at all, i did feel that i would get made fun of for dressing this way.

StayceeCD
05-10-2008, 01:36 AM
I have felt extreme danger while dressed.. In danger of burning all my male clothing! :D

CD Susan
05-10-2008, 04:55 AM
Yes I have. I was walking in a residential area at night once and two men in a pickup truck pulled up beside me (I was on the sidewalk). They knew I was a cd and started harrassing me. They called me every insulting name they could think of. I was scared that they were going to get out of thier truck and start beating me up. I just kept walking and did not make eye contact with them. After following me for a block they tired of thier game and drove off. I immediatly returned to my car and went home. I was never so scared in my life. And yes, I was armed with a handgun but luckily I did not need to defend myself. Since that incident I will not walk alone at night while dressed.

Joanne f
05-10-2008, 05:05 AM
No as i don`t go out dressed but i have had an awful lot because i dress .
Whether this would increase or stay as it is if i went out dressed i do not know and i do not intend to find out at the moment as i am getting a bit to old now to take on a group of 6-8 youths any more :D.

joanne :doh:

Kate Simmons
05-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Not really Hon. I never take myself that seriously anyway.:battingeyelashes::)

~Seana~
05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I had an extremely bad experience while dressed. It rained and my makeup ran. Not only that, but I ended up ruining a very nice silk blouse! And not a houseboi in sight to make it all better.

Amanda