PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you just LOVE to....

TGMarla
05-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't you just LOVE to answer the door all dressed to the nines when the Jehovah's Witnesses show up? Just once? Gawd, the temptation!

SarahLynn
05-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I like to meet them at the door dressed in my military garb with one or two guns in hand, and tell them to hurry up i have to go kill some JW jerks who are bothering my neighbours.:eek::D:tongueout:tongueout

SarahLynn

Stargirl
05-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I had a boyfriend in Alaska who swore that he would show up at the door in his bathrobe the next time they came, and he was going to open his robe (nude) and say "Hey ! Witness THIS !"

Shelly Preston
05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Wouldn't you just LOVE to answer the door all dressed to the nines when the Jehovah's Witnesses show up? Just once? Gawd, the temptation!

Maybe you could film it for you tube :D

Alice B
05-10-2008, 11:58 AM
It would be a hoot to do that and see what their reaction would be.

TGMarla
05-10-2008, 12:05 PM
We'd all go to Heck! :confused2:

Deborah Jane
05-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah...Too right...Don,t tempt me, i,m blond and stupid enough to try it:heehee:

CD Susan
05-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Yea that would be fun. I don't like it when they show up and bother me. They have not shown up at my place for several years.

Nikki A.
05-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Be all dressed up and ask them if there here for the makeover gathering

Syndi
05-10-2008, 01:52 PM
You just gave me an idea! The things is I see alot of those Mormon guys on their bikes trying to spread the word. I just wish I knew their schedules so I would be ready.

Lisa Rose
05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd rather do it to the Morman Missionaries. Last ones I ran into were so self righteous it was disturbing.

Bilinda
05-10-2008, 02:06 PM
OOhhh, I could open the door in my schoolgirl outfit and say "oh, you must be that femdom sissy boy mistress I called, the toys are ready, come on in!" :eek:

bobi jean
05-10-2008, 02:49 PM
MY MOTHER-IN-LAW once, years ago, came out of the bathroom BUCK NAKED with a few choice words. something like GET THE F#@K OUTTA MY HOUSE. My father-in-law, with a broken leg just hollered come in when they knocked on the door. This happened in San Pedro, Ca. back about '73 or so.
Keep in mind that I absolutely believe in freedom of religion, speech, dress and nearly all others as long as it does no harm to anyone BUT THAT WAS FUNNY AS IT GETS AT THE TIME.

the, MOTHER-IN-LAW, god bless her, was almost 4'5" tall and weighed about 150 pounds and was about 50 years young at the time I think

tamela bell
05-10-2008, 03:22 PM
sounds like a great idea to me.

karinels
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
about 3 hours ago, there was a knock at the door. it was my mom. i know by her persistent and 'woodpecker' knocking. i almost (and the thought has crossed my mind more and more) answered even though im in femme mode. the only thing that stopped me, i havent shaved in 2 days. lol.

Angie G
05-10-2008, 03:47 PM
That has beeh a wish of mine for some time now Marla. maybe it will happen some day. :hugs:
Angie

occdresser
05-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I would absolutely love to do that, and say whassss upppppppp! in my deepest voice.:heehee:

Be all dressed up and ask them if there here for the makeover gathering

this would not be a good idea because they would plobably say ok.

trannie T
05-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I respect the missionaries for their devotion to their faith. They put up with a tremendous amount of abuse while spreading the Word. Just in case they're right I am nice to them so they might give me a good reference on judgement day. Next time they come around my neighborhood I might put on a dress and some lipstick and answer the door and politely say I'm not interested.

Janice1948
05-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Actually I would like to do that with anyone who came to my front door. Alas, I live in a very rural neighborhood so my chances are slim.

Hugs, Janice

Jocelyn Quivers
05-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I've been very tempted to do this as well. Especially for magazine, and encyclopedia solictors.

MentalMercury
05-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Once I told them I worship satan. They just laughed. I don't really, but it was funny =p

Deborah Jane
05-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Once I told them I worship satan. They just laughed. I don't really, but it was funny =p

:lol2::lol2: I gotta try that one!!

vivianann
05-11-2008, 04:36 AM
You just gave me an idea! The things is I see alot of those Mormon guys on their bikes trying to spread the word. I just wish I knew their schedules so I would be ready.

I'd rather do it to the Morman Missionaries. Last ones I ran into were so self righteous it was disturbing.

Please do not harrass the mormon missionaries, I was one 20+ yrs ago, so I know what they go through. The mormon missionaries only come to your door once every 5 to 10 years, they are not supposed to come every year like the jw do. and when you tell the mormon missionaries you are not interested, they will leave you alone. if you happen to be crossdressed when they do knock on your door, it is alright to answer the door enfemme, and please be polite, they wont freak out about a crossdresser answering the door. they will be polite and go away. It will be a wonderful highlight of their day.
I dont like the jw because they harrass you every year, and do not take no for an answer, I have a friend who answers the door naked when he sees the jw in his neigborhood, I could not stop laughing for hrs after he told me that.

Stormgirl
05-11-2008, 05:05 AM
I like to meet them at the door dressed in my military garb with one or two guns in hand, and tell them to hurry up i have to go kill some JW jerks who are bothering my neighbours.:eek::D:tongueout:tongueout

SarahLynn

I have done that in my MARPAT jungle utilities minus the rifle,I think they got the hint that I was in no mood to be bothered so they did about face and left.

I'd love to do that though,answer the door dressed and looking fabulous only to see the expressions on their faces.

TSchapes
05-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Marry an X-witness. Trust me, they know where we live an avoid us like the plague. A number of years before my wife and I met she left the witnesses. They truly messed with her mind and it took a long time for her to get over it. She was not raised that way, but pulled into it by her brother, who is still one.

Over the years we have become closer to him and tolerate his and his families religious beliefs. A sort of détente.

Another way to fend them off, is to always have Christmas decorations around the front door. Or wrap them a birthday gift (not your birthday suit) instead. lol

And I agree with Vivian, Mormons are different. One of my other hobbies is genealogy, and I have been to their local libraries and they have never proselytized me, but only have been a tremendous help. In fact I can say if it weren't for the Morons we would have very little information about our heritages.

Tracy

Lois Page
05-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Be careful Marla. They might recognize a lost soul and call in reinforcements.
Lois

kay2
05-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Here is how the Australian comedian John Safran responded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fic56JN7aIw

Lisa Rose
05-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Please do not harrass the mormon missionaries, I was one 20+ yrs ago, so I know what they go through. The mormon missionaries only come to your door once every 5 to 10 years, they are not supposed to come every year like the jw do. and when you tell the mormon missionaries you are not interested, they will leave you alone. if you happen to be crossdressed when they do knock on your door, it is alright to answer the door enfemme, and please be polite, they wont freak out about a crossdresser answering the door. they will be polite and go away. It will be a wonderful highlight of their day.
I dont like the jw because they harrass you every year, and do not take no for an answer, I have a friend who answers the door naked when he sees the jw in his neigborhood, I could not stop laughing for hrs after he told me that.

And I agree with Vivian, Mormons are different. One of my other hobbies is genealogy, and I have been to their local libraries and they have never proselytized me, but only have been a tremendous help. In fact I can say if it weren't for the Morons we would have very little information about our heritages.

Tracy

At the risk of having this closed down due to starting another 'conflict', I was raised in the Morman church and left before I turned 20 due to the prevailing hypocracies. I've worked for a company based in Salt Lake City and there was nothing pleasant about them. I've been harassed for renewing my membership numerous times after telling them H*ll no. My case in point, I was in a retail store and as usual, skirted. The only ones to notice and whisper and skorn, were the 2 boys in white shirts and ties.

You may be lucky in your community to have good experiences, good for you. But what is going on in Texas doesn't surprise me. It's two extremist groups going head to head and as usual, it's the innocent ones that get hurt.

Claire3
05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Dressed and worshiping satan,Oh yes!:)

TGMarla
05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Alright, look. This thread wasn't started to get into some theological dispute between Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. I really don't care what your religious views are. If you want to belly-ache about that, take it to the Religious Forum.

I'm sure that a large number of us have found ourselves at home on a Saturday morning, all dressed up, when the doorbell rings, and you just know the JWs are out there on your stoop with copies of "The Watchtower" in hand. I just get a kick out of imagining the looks on their faces when some guy answers the door openly flaunting his disdain for Deuteronomy. I'm sure they would think that my soul was in danger, and they'd likely pee themselves.

Humor! It's funny! Har har! Now stop taking this thread so seriously!

TSchapes
05-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Humor! It's funny! Har har! Now stop taking this thread so seriously!

You're right you were just going for the humor. It was just such an oddly specific picture that I could relate to it.

-Tracy

Holly
05-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I find this thread a bit ironic for a forum full of people looking for acceptance and tolerance. Wouldn't a polite, "Thank-you, I'm not interested" be more appropriate? Being rude and causing others discomfort is poor humor... to say nothing of casting further negative reflections on our community. :sad:

Sinthia
05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I find this thread a bit ironic for a forum full of people looking for acceptance and tolerance. Wouldn't a polite, "Thank-you, I'm not interested" be more appropriate? Being rude and causing others discomfort is poor humor... to say nothing of casting further negative reflections on our community. :sad:

Talk about putting things in the right perspective. Yes, we (I) are (am) looking for acceptance, and that would be a great way to NOT achieve it. Bad-mouthing, or making fun of someone is not acceptable. Either to or from us. If you are going to open the door while dressed, please be polite. You will probably find the visitor just as polite, and allow you your desire to dress as you wish.

Kate Simmons
05-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Talk about putting things in the right perspective. Yes, we (I) are (am) looking for acceptance, and that would be a great way to NOT achieve it. Bad-mouthing, or making fun of someone is not acceptable. Either to or from us. If you are going to open the door while dressed, please be polite. You will probably find the visitor just as polite, and allow you your desire to dress as you wish.Yep, you never know. You may be talking to someone who is a secret crossdresser themself.;):)

Lisa Rose
05-11-2008, 03:03 PM

OK put your rolling pin away. All humor is in itself a put down to something. Should we stop being funny all together. Doesn't 'Buggs in Drag' fit your discription?

Alright, look. This thread wasn't started to get into some theological dispute between Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. ....!

Sorry Marla, I was just trying to add to the list of those you'd 'like to'.

Butterfly Bill
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I actually have answered the door to Jehovah's Witnesses dressed in the nightgown and fluffy housecoat that is my normal attire while at home in the winter. They offered me a pamphlet that I took, read me some verses from the Bible, and had me tell them that I already had a church family when the invited me to a service, and I thanked them when they said they would pray for me -- lasting about five minutes in all. They treated me like any other person they proselytize and they made no mention of how I was dressed.

Mandy_UK
05-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I am an ex-JW, was born in to it rather than choice (choice came later when I left), but anyway, during the late 80's I would be attending with my parents and have some foundation on and a little concealer, no one said a thing, but hey I guess it was the 80's. :)

TGMarla
05-11-2008, 11:31 PM
:rolleyes: Oh, brother!

Carly D.
05-12-2008, 09:04 AM

AMEN SISTER!! yeah I've been there.. the knock at the door and I jump up from the seat here and look out and there's a car that looks familiar and it's the J.W. and I am in various state of dress and I just wonder how far to hell they would tell me I was going to go for this, you know?? I always wonder what they would say.. how they would react.. probably but a big red letter next to that address and say we gotta come back there, he needs savin'!!

Rikkicn
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM

I answered the door and there they were. I just told them that I wasn't interested.

the just looked at me and walked away

Celeste
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
They knocked here about a week ago,early Saturday morning.Thinking it might be an emergency I got up and rushed to the door.As soon as I saw them with their pamphlets I thought "man I just want to go back to bed'!"It's really not a good time" I said.Then, they were persistent in jamming their flyer's at me and questioning me about when I would be available.O.K. I'm now closing the door and their still mumbling something about saving me from depression and sadness.No man I'm not depressed or sad and I love the God of my understanding.This wouldn't normally set me off accept for the fact that I only sleep in once every three months and they always assume your a lost and troubled soul and that agitates me.So now I know, I'll just ask them to come back in an hour when I'm dressed.

Sharon
05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe that's why none have been to my door in such a long time now now. Hmmm..., I should have thought of that years ago. :D

Fab Karen
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
My roommates' German Shepherd is released if they are seen coming:devil:

Nicole Erin
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
MArla, it would be kind of funny. Altho, I imagine they have seen worse.

The thing is, people tolerate even CDs more than they tolerate JW's. I mean at least CDs don't go door to door, or offer copies of Tapestry or Ladylike. :heehee:

One of the few times they came to the door, there was some grinning woman with her kids, I just said "Whatever religion you are selling, I am not interested" They said "Ok" and left.

How come when I see a copy of "The watchtower" I think of Jimmy Hendrix? [now you will think of him too]

I always wondered if JW get nervous before their outings in spreading the word? I mean come on, there are certain people who catch 10 times the crap that we ever will. People like - bill collectors, door to door salesmen or door to door religious folks, or that guy I work with that picks his nose all day...

Melinda G
05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
They were working the hood this morning. I saw them out the window, and didn't answer the door. I thought about this thread, but my common sense won out.

JoAnnDallas
05-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Don't ask me why, but this reminds me of a joke I heard recently.
Man breaks into a house at night. While stealing the VCR he hears, "Jesus is watching you". He freezes and listens for a moment, then turns his flashlight back on. As he reaches for the DVD player he hears, "Jesus is watching you". This time he looks around and sees a parrot in the corner. He walks over and asks, "Did you say something?" The parrot says "Yes". The man replies "what's your name?" the parrot replies, "Moses". The man then asks, "Why would someone name you Moses?" The parrot says, "Same people that names a Rotwiller "Jesus".

Holly
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Okay folks... I think this has run it's course. Let's move on to something new.