PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

JadesLove
05-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Hello All,

I am a GG new to this site and new to dressing up with my CDing SO. We went out for the first time dressed up together the other night.:battingeyelashes: We found a "Crossdressing Bar" downtown but it seemed pretty seedy. More working girls and Johns than anything else. Just wondering where I might be able to get information on good places, in our area, that welcome crossdressers?

My SO isn't really comfortable going out anywhere yet, so we'd like to stick to places where other CDers would be.

Michele

michelle64
05-11-2008, 04:09 PM
go shopping...i personally hate bars and clubs so i never go anywhere near them...tons of cd friendly stores would welcome both of you with open arms..personally i love catherines, torrid, payless as well as my local lingerie store and manicurists....it takes some time but do some research on your own...and if your in a small town i may suggest traveling to a larger city...

Cynthia_0101
05-11-2008, 04:41 PM
It all really depends on where you live. Best bet is to try and search Google for you city.

Cynthia

trannie T
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Many gay bars welcome transgendered people. Your area may have some kind of Lesbian Bi Gay Transgender (LBGT) information service that can help you. There probably is a support/social group such a Tri-Ess nearby. I hope your SO realizes how lucky to have an understanding supportave person as you.

Emily Anderson
05-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I recommend you go to some "normal" places, as opposed to TV/CD friendly places, which are typically just a bigger closet, and perpetuate the stigma of being a CD.

Indeed, a larger city (as Michelle suggested) would be a good idea.

Try going to Applebee's or Olive Garden etc. for a meal, or to a big mall if you want to go shopping. Most people are too busy to notice, and if they do, so what? I'm sure that if you and your SO are happy together, nobody else is going to intrude on that, so long as you're in a safe setting (i.e. not down the back alley of some seedy tranny club at midnight).

If you really want to try tranny friendly places first, then you will indeed need to Google or use the yellow pages.

Tomara
05-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi I to would suggest other destinations , maybe movies, plays, music, museums, parks, walks on the beach and the list goes on and on. That way you both can get more comfortable with being out and about. I hope these suggestions help you. Tomara cd

Jean Ann S
05-11-2008, 05:19 PM
One place you will nearly always be accepted is
Chinese Resturants
They seem very tolerant of diversity

Jean Ann:)

Holly
05-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Michele if you are near a larger city, you may wish to make contact with Tri-ess (http://www.tri-ess.org/). The webpage I've linked to will let you see if there is a chapter near you. This organization is dedicated to supporting hetrosexual crossdressers and their partners. Plus they will know places for you to go and be comfortable. But a movie is a great idea!

Butterfly Bill
05-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi I to would suggest other destinations , maybe movies, plays, music, museums, parks, walks on the beach and the list goes on and on. That way you both can get more comfortable with being out and about. I hope these suggestions help you. Tomara cd

:iagree:
Go to places you will find intelligent and liberal people. Avoid drunks and darkness.

suchacutie
05-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I second the idea that intelligent people are the best to be around. That said, where might they be? Opera, art museums, classical-music concerts generally, better restaurants, concerts of music schools and concerts/art exhibitions on college campuses in general, etc.

tina

Jenny Doolittle
05-12-2008, 06:57 AM
I agee with others....go to places that women normally go and have a good time. Shopping has always been great for me, ( I am polite, and interested in buying)
I also found antigue and gift shops fun to visit. I guess you should go to places that U and hubby already enjoy.

JadesLove
05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Thank You everyone! I will try to get my SO to go out dressed to everyday places, but from what I can gather, he's/she's just not ready for that yet and I don't want to push. I'll start with searching the Tri-ess chapter in our area.

renee k
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=suchacutie;1292558]I second the idea that intelligent people are the best to be around. That said, where might they be? Opera, art museums, classical-music concerts generally, better restaurants, concerts of music schools and concerts/art exhibitions on college campuses in general, etc.

tina[/QUO

Those are the right venues to go too. I've always felt comfortable going to a play,musical or art museums. Your better restaurants are very open and accepting. Never had a problem, go and enjoy!!

Huggs, Renee

Fab Karen
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
You don't even mention whether or not you reside in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Emily Anderson
05-12-2008, 05:24 PM
"Donwtown" suggests USA, and seeing as it it's quite homogenous, the state / city doesn't really matter all that much.

What I'd like to know is where one finds intelligent people, and what's the definition of intelligence? But I digress...

Best to stick to places where you can both feel comfortable, and take it one step at a time.