PDA

View Full Version : Taken to the court

susancheerleader
05-11-2008, 06:33 PM
People sue for just about everything these days.
"My coffee was too hot, I'm suing for 1 million dollars"
"I tripped over a leaf in your walkway, I'm suing! ..... AND THEY WIN!

Has anyone ever sued or taken to court, someone else because of obvious discrimination against crossdressers. Or "deformation of character" (example: being called gay or a fagot or something) only because we choose to express our feminine side over being a "typical" man.
If so, what was the outcome?

I have no intent of doing anything of this, it is just a mater of cuiosity.

:)

karinels
05-11-2008, 07:19 PM
that is a great story. but did they actually pass that kind of law in cali?

Stormgirl
05-11-2008, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised since America is sue happy to the point where it's beyond asinine.

windycissy
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
that is a great story. but did they actually pass that kind of law in cali?

Yep, that's the law in California.

Fab Karen
05-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Yep, that's the law in California.
What law are you referring to? No mention of a law is made in the original post.

windycissy
05-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I posted a link to a story about a crossdresser who accuses his employer of discrimination, but unfortunately the moderator censored it.

Shelly Preston
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
The law may be in place ?

This was the part which quoted the law

Effective January 1, 2004, Assembly Bill 196 amended California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act to prohibit discrimination based on a person's perceived identity, appearance or behavior, even if they are different from a person's sex at birth. AB 196 is primarily intended to prohibit discrimination against employees who choose to dress like the opposite sex and or portray the stereotypical characteristics of the opposite sex. Businesses cannot refuse to hire based on cross dressing, neither can they fire, lay off or refuse to give merit raises based on an employee’s real or perceived gender.

I would check this with a laywer if you need to know more

The Story was removed as it was a work of fiction

karinels
05-13-2008, 03:17 AM
I posted a link to a story about a crossdresser who accuses his employer of discrimination, but unfortunately the moderator censored it.

can i ask you to email me that story? i refered it to a couple of friends, but i guess it got censored before they got to read it. my email address is epjfrog922@aol.com . thanks if you can, but if not, no problem either. see ya round

windycissy
05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Sure, I'll email it to you. And yes, that is the law in the great state of California!