PDA

View Full Version : Who works at home, and do you work dressed?

Bilinda
05-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Hello everyone! I know there was another thread about work. But I would like to know how many work from home, and if you do, do you work dressed?

I am the housekeeper for my lesbian friends, and write blog post for others, as well as write my own blogs. So I work from home and I love it! As for dressing, sometimes I do, other times I don't.

Sometimes I get lazy and just want to hit the shower, eat and work in my shorts instead of doing all my face up and all that. But sometimes I'll wear some clothing or something. Still other times I'll do the whole thing, but mostly later in the day so I can be dressed when the girls get home!

So how about it, any stay at home girls here?
:)

LisaDee
05-12-2008, 08:19 AM
I work from home occasionally and when I do, I dress. When I make phone calls to customers I wonder what they would think if they knew what I was wearing?

Desiree2bababe
05-12-2008, 08:54 AM
I used to dress while working at home until my wife threathen to take photos and show all my friends.

Janice1948
05-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I am like Lisa and work from home occasionally. I am always dressed to some degree especially if its early and I'm still in my satin PJ's or nightgown. You know I'm completely dressed when I have to take an earring off to talk on the phone. Like Lisa, I have often wondered what some of my clients would think if they knew how I was dressed. Sometimes when I'm walking around the house while on the phone I wonder if they can hear my heels clicking on the tile floors. Good thing you can't smell perfume over the phone.

Hugs, Janice

Jackie67
05-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I work from home all the time except the third Thursday of the month.
When I work at home you will find mr in a chemise robe and fuzzy rabbit slippers, and in panties and bra. Oh the third Thu. is conference day at the home office, then I have to dress DRAB:tongueout

Lilith Moon
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Yup. Work from home, occasionally dressed. Would be dressed more but SO is not yet comfortable with me dressing in the daytime and around the house.

CharleneT
05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I work from home most of the time. I do get to dress some days, usually just for part of the day (today is one of those). My work is in a separate building, so going up to the house means either changing or being quick - except in the middle of summer when the plants are tall enough. I would dress all the time but I have clients here almost every day. Because they occasionally drop by, I need to keep a quick change by the door.

KayR
05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
I work from home, and I dress when I feel like it. I don't want to feel "run of the mill", so I prefer to get all dressed up at the weekend to drink wine.

cosmolovesph
05-12-2008, 12:24 PM
This pretty much sums it up for me as well:

"So I work from home and I love it! As for dressing, sometimes I do, other times I don't.

Sometimes I get lazy and just want to hit the shower, eat and work in my shorts instead of doing all my face up and all that. But sometimes I'll wear some clothing or something. Still other times I'll do the whole thing"

Emily Anderson
05-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I work almost exclusively from home, and sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. One of the things that intrigues me is that sometimes I feel that I should just because I can, but I can't really be bothered. Perhaps a weird side effect of the "being able to" negating the "need to". I dunno.

Cheryl Anne
05-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I used to dress while working at home until my wife threathen to take photos and show all my friends.

I'm a photographer so if she wants it done professionally I'm available:tongueout

I do post processing at home so it's fem clothes. Other than that I shoot drab unless I do shoots for T girls then it's just how I feel at the time and do I have a nice outfit.

Alice B
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
As much as possible. I am also a photographer and spend a lot of time in my home office in post production. My wife has recently even allowed me to dress at night when we are both working on images at our stations in my office. This is a major new acceptance that I love.

bridget thronton
05-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes, about half the work week (and always dressed)

victoriamwilliams1
05-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Every once and a while I dress when I work at home, the problem is I get less done.

KATIE TV
05-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Yes I work from home providing a "cross dressingg service" so I am dressed all the time

SusanMarie
05-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes, I do work at home often and dress always. There is something enjoyable about a business phone call, dressed in a favorite outfit. :daydreaming:

Deanna2
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
When I'm working at home I'll invariably be wearing femme gear. Like right now (when I should be working) I'm wearing a long sleeve scoop neck tee shirt, a mini skirt, pantyhose and heels.

Roberta Llyan
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
As a professional author I work at home and YES, I work dressed....24/7 full time CD.

Janice1948
05-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Cosmo, I love your pantyhose encased legs. They look wonderful.

Hugs, Janice :battingeyelashes:

Emilia
05-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I work from home mainly, but I sometimes need to head out on short notice, so I can dress (which I do a couple times during the day a week), but no makeup.

Nikki K
05-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes, and yes :)

I work from home one or two days per week and if my significant other is out (which she usually is) then yes, I take the opportunity to dress for work properly.

Nikki

Amanda0208
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
When I am not traveling, I work from my home office. At which point I am usually 24/7 dressed. Love it

jenniferj
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I work from home most of the time, and am dressed most of the time I am home. I will frequently (most of the time) stay dressed for several days at a time, rising fairly early to bathe and shave, put on my makeup and dress for the office. My own office dress code is fairly conservative with skirts/dresses and heels most days.

I try to stay "nicely" dressed until my "hubby" (dear sweet understaning wife) comes home, and I usually cook dinner in a frilly apron over my office clothes.

After we eat (or after I've served if we are having something messy) I will slip into something more casual (jeans and top) for the evening.

Then into a nightie for a gentle night of blissful slumber.

It's pretty sweet :)

-jj

Amy Hepker
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I will be working from home soon and I will dress all the time when I do, I mean I do most of the time when I am at home now.

PattiL
05-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I work from home from time to time. When I'm the only one here, I dress as often as possible. Thankfully there aren't too many people who use picturephones ;)

cathie
05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I dress until the kids come home!

bobi jean
05-30-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't exactly work at home but I am at home while I work. Does that count?
I dress at work every day and I dress at home to leave for work and other times when the wife isn't at home. She knows but isn't overly accepting.
This is me this morning at work as close as I could get to the hair using taaz and I'm not wearing make-up as the picture shows.. THANK YOU TAAZ....66412