PDA

View Full Version : Doctors visit

bobi jean
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I had a doctors appointment at 10:30 this morning, and it went very well.
B/P a bit high but, I actually told the doctor I am a crossdresser. did not even blink an eye, did not hesitate to continue the "question/answer" portion of the visit. I have been feeling a bit on the down side the last couple weeks, so thought it time to have a physical. Well not much of a physical but we talked quite a bit about "alternative lifestyles" yadda, yadda, yadda. Diagnosis,,,, maybe just a touch of depression, blood pressure is slightly higher than it should be and I need to loose about 20 pounds. Oh, and get some exercise... go figure... just thought I'd let you all know that
even in the V.A. system we are treated with respect, courtesy and some curiosity(the good kind)..
I was in my man clothes, but I honestly think the doctor (a female) was disappointed I wasn't at least underdressed. maybe when I go back next month I'll wear my panties and hose under a pair of stretch jeans.

Alice B
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
About a year ago I went to my doctor and forgot that my toe nails were painted a dark red. He asked me to take off my shoes and socks to test the feeling in my toes as I'm type 2 diabetic. He did not miss a beat when he saw my toes and did the exam, although I was nervous as hell. Has never mentioned it since.:daydreaming:

CD Susan
05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
That is the way it should be. A doctor is a professional and should always perform his duties in a professional manner no matter what the circumstances are. I would expect and demand nothing less.

Wendy me
05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I was in my man clothes, but I honestly think the doctor (a female) was disappointed I wasn't at least underdressed. maybe when I go back next month I'll wear my panties and hose under a pair of stretch jeans.

lolololololololololol........ come on now the doctor was disappointed you weren't wearing panties and hose come on now lolololololol.... your just silly or something else..............:doh:........

Angie G
05-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Well get on that bike and ride hun. :hugs:
Angie

MentalMercury
05-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Why would a doctor want to see anyone underdressed?

Lori SC
05-12-2008, 08:15 PM

It will be interesting to see what her reaction would be... Of course, maybe you'll have different Dr. - a male Dr.??? :heehee:

Hugz, Lori

Melinda G
05-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Sounds like maybe you were looking for a reaction, and didn't get one. What kind of reaction were you looking for. "Ohmygod! Fred, come in here and look at this"!!!!!:D

Seville
05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I FINALLY got my doctor and nurse/receptionist to NOT
laugh or make "smart" comments about my earrings
and red fingernails. HOORAY! (DRAB otherwise)

This has been a sore point between me and my HMO for
some time now. Whenever I am assigned a newbie doc
fresh out of med school, here come the comments
and barbs.

Sounds like maybe you were looking for a reaction, and didn't get one. What kind of reaction were you looking for. "Ohmygod! Fred, come in here and look at this"!!!!!:D

In my case, I want no reaction...

JoAnnDallas
05-12-2008, 10:12 PM
A couple of months ago, I had my annual physical. I purposely wore male underwear for the physical. I went back the next week for the results and my doctor ( a woman) noticed that she forgot to do a prostate exam. So she says, "turn around, drop you pants and I'll do it now". I was wearing bright Pink panties as I was not expecting any more tests. So I turned around, dropped them,she did the exam, and never said a word about my Pink panties. Sense then, I have seen her twice more and always wear my panties. They don't care what your wearing.

Sally2005
05-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Doctors are human too! I don't think it is professional to laugh at how someone looks, but I think it is within the limits to make a nice comment or ask about something unusual in a private conversation. The questions should mostly be related to your well being though. My doctor asked what happened to my wrists/back of hands which I had waxed a bit and trimmed back... I just said, uhhhh...he continued with is that from wearing gloves or something? I said Yep. I have no idea why he asked.

Annie D
05-13-2008, 03:46 AM
I am scheduled for surgery later this month and last week went to the hospital for blood work and an EKG in preparation. Although I didn't have to take off my shoes and socks nor drop my shorts, I did have to raise my shirt for the electrodes to be placed on my chest. I was wearing a tank top undershirt with a built in shelf bra under my golf shirt and the bikini top tan lines were clearly visible. Nothing was said. The nurse did inquire about the tattoos, about the location and how many but I think that these were medical questions and not about the type of designs.

I have discussed with my wife about if I should change the color I have on my nails before surgery but she has yet to make a suggestion and she knows that I plan to lay out and get my tan lines more noticeable.

Whatever I do or whatever I wear to and from the hospital, I do not anticipate any problems. I expect some behind the scenes snickering and gossip and maybe a short conversation about having "another one" in surgery or the hospital but I really don't mind being a topic over the water cooler because after a couple of minutes the conversation will switch to something else.

TSchapes
05-13-2008, 05:57 AM
My GP knows but he has a good size TS clientèle, certainly my psychiatrist knows. I told my neurologist because she has helped my hands from shaking so much. I told her it was wonderful not to keep poking my eyes out with the mascara wand. She said she could understand that.

I'm definitely going to tell the plastic surgeon when I have my consult. I want him to understand that if he has a choice on taking my face more male or female, that I would prefer it to not be male but more androgynous if possible.

I have not had any adverse affects from telling any of these doctors and if the new PS has issues, I'll look elsewhere. But I would think for him this should be old hat.

-Tracy

Barbara Joanne74
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Just an observation. A few years ago I was in training and doing clinical rotations though the OR at a large hospital. The staff in those places are very professional towards you when you are awake, but as soon as the person is asleep, they had plenty of comments. As I was a student, I did not feel like I could stand up and say anything, but I did hear and witness many comments about people and how they appeared from women with implants, men with bikini tan lines, to PreOp TS women that had breasts but still a penis.

As long as you dont care, then great, but be aware that he OR is a very rough crowd. For your sake, I hope you are for sure asleep.

Barbara

JoAnnDallas
05-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I too work in the medical profession as a computer programmer, but I also have a Paramedic license. You really want to see how medical people can be, just walk into a Hospital Cafeteria and Ease drop on conversations. I have seen people walk in, get their food, sit down at a table next to some Doctors and/or nurses, hear what they are talking about, look at their own food tray, get up and just walk out. LOL