PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough.

spandexgirl188
05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
A quick hello to all before i start yelling here. I have a buddy of mine that is a fellow cd'er but he is also a truck driver. Not too long ago he invited me to go along with him on the road since i had a week off with nothing to do. To all wondering, yes, i was dressed most of the time. Suddenly we drop off his load outside of detroit heading down to kentucky when the traffic starts slowing down, he turns on his cb, and we hear about this guy who is dressed up as a woman while the state police have him pulled over. To my amazement the traffic was slowing down to get a glimpse of the guy, and he too was a truck driver. He was wearing a thong bodysuit with black spandex, leg warmers, not to mention he had enough makeup on to put "bozo the clown" to shame. It was embarrassing to watch, let alone try to put myself in his shoes. What people do in the privacy of their own home is their business, but if youre gonna go out in public be decent about it. Try and think if a gg would wear that in public and go from there. dont do what this moron did. Its embarrassing, and it is also a big step back for the cd'ing community.

*hugs*
Jessica.

Emily Anderson
05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
The question is, what had he done to get pulled over?

I think it rather discriminatory to blame the guy for looking somewhat different to the norm.

Tamara Croft
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
To my amazement the traffic was slowing down to get a glimpse of the guy, and he too was a truck driver. He was wearing a thong bodysuit with black spandex, leg warmers, not to mention he had enough makeup on to put "bozo the clown" to shame.You got close enough to know everything he was wearing though didn't you? Shame on you, what business is it of yours to tell people what they can and cannot wear? He can go out how he damn well pleases, it's none of your business... you should be ashamed telling people here how to dress :rolleyes:

Kieron Andrew
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Have you ever thought he might be on this very forum, either lurking or posting! and uve just called him bozo the clown....good going!

In fact I have to say this.... it amazes me that this community doesnt want to be judged by the outside world by their actions, but there sure are some judgemental people within it!

Celeste
05-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Sounds like he got one of those"lets search it all" cops.Poor guy probably ran a light or something,maybe even get him on dash mounted cam and put it on the evening news.Lets see, does it take a male or a female state trooper to frisk a CD.Better get the captain in on this one.

spandexgirl188
05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
He can dress what ever way he wants, but a thong leotard in public? c'mon. its like a secretary working at a law firm walked in wearing a skin tight spandex dress. Just have to use common sense of what you wear out in public.

Emily Anderson
05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Prejudices prejudices, and from within the same community. Tut tut.

Besides, I like it when my secretary wears her skin tight spandex dress :)

Judge not, lest ye be judged! (Psalm 73 or something like that, I dunno)

Kieron Andrew
05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
He can dress what ever way he wants, but a thong leotard in public? c'mon. its like a secretary working at a law firm walked in wearing a skin tight spandex dress. Just have to use common sense of what you wear out in public.

You know what, its not for you to judge what ANYONE wears or doesnt wear as the case maybe, he obviously didnt expect to get pulled over, for whatever the reason may have been and as for his make up, maybe hes closetted at home and doesnt get alot of practice, that wouldnt be totally his fault now would it, you all had to learn somewhere....his truck might be his only outlet to be himself....

Like i said he could be lurking on this very forum and hes just been pushed back into the closet and not posting even longer?

Tamara Croft
05-12-2008, 05:58 PM
He can dress what ever way he wants, but a thong leotard in public? c'mon. its like a secretary working at a law firm walked in wearing a skin tight spandex dress. Just have to use common sense of what you wear out in public.He WASN'T in public, HE was in his lorry.... and even so, I'll say again, wtf has it got to do with you? Who's to say you don't look like bobo the clown, it's not like you've posted any pictures is it... don't judge others, when you haven't shown anyone here what you look like... :brolleyes:

Baiken
05-12-2008, 06:08 PM
ugh...wow

It feels a little strange looking at this, after all,...at the very least..he can dress in public, or at least where people could see him.
I applaud him for that, as it's something I can't do, I can barely even do that when not in public.

It feels mean to judge someone for that, when they've been brave/confident enough to do that. If I read a comment like that about me, I'd sure as hell not want to do that again *sigh*

EDIT : also to add, who cares what the makeup looked like, some people can't apply makeup at all (me...) so their makeup may look bad/funny the first couple of times..until they get the hang of it

CD Susan
05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
You are out numbered here on this one Spandexgirl. How can you be so judgemental? It is you that is projecting us in a bad light.

Wendy me
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
what the person was wearing is his/her thing .... respect that...... it's common knowledge thats what we all here want .... now before we hear you bash this sister let's see the pictures of you dressed on your road trip .... do you pass??? are you the fashion plate????....judge not lest you be judged..........wearing that outfit was not wrong .... getting caught doing what he/she was doing while wearing the outfit is what was wrong.............shame on you.......

RockerTerri
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
More power to the truck driver. Shame on everyone else for finding joy and pleasure in someone else's humiliation. This is the sort of thing that makes me hate most people...

Terri

Deborah Jane
05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I,m having trouble figureing this out!!
You,re on a crossdressing forum, trying to tell other people what we should wear?
You seem to have something against people wearing Spandex, but it would seem you like it yourself.
You think it strange someone would ride in a truck dressed, but admit you were riding a truck dressed.

You sure it wasn,t you who the cops stopped and you wanted to tell the story without admitting that you were the one in a thong leotard?

DemonicDaughter
05-12-2008, 06:30 PM
All I can think of is what people must say about me and the strange clothes I wear out in public. Geez... they must think me an embarrassment to the human race! Wait... I don't give a sh!t what they think and obviously neither did that driver.

Kate Simmons
05-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I dunno, to each his or her own I say. I have to assume driving like that made the gal happy and that is the main thing.

TGMarla
05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Let's put it this way: Yes, this trucker has the absolute right to dress any way he pleases. He was in his own private area, his truck. His odds of being pulled over were likely slim. But think about this. Trucks get pulled over for inspections all the time. He could also make a mistake and get pulled over for a traffic violation. In either case, it's a crapshoot as to what the cop is going to be like, and as luck may have it, many of them are a bit small-minded and prone to bullying. If one of these types has the good fortune to pull over our truck driver in question here, they would no doubt have a field day with him.

Perhaps he could have exercised better judgement, that's all.

trannie T
05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Poor girl! First she gets stopped by the State Police then she is convicted by the Fashion Police.

jam1973
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
What a shame...my heart goes out to the truck driver. I am a GG and I have listened to my SO tell me how she couldn't do her makeup and how upset it made her. I find it disturbing that a fellow CDer would have the, lack of a better word, balls to come to a forum and publicly humiliate her AGAIN. Why also would a fellow CDer mock what another is wearing, no matter where they are at?

Nicole Erin
05-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Why also would a fellow CDer mock what another is wearing, no matter where they are at?

You would not believe how much that happens. DQ's are even worse about it.

I have heard plenty of CD's laugh at their CD sisters' styles.

For style we have -
goths, church ladies/men, tramps, cabaret-style CD'ers, business men/women, girl next door, ball gowns, jeans and tee, pretty much the whole spectrum.

It is sad but yes, some gender-folks think there is one specific way we should ALL present ourselves.

I for one, am kind of the church lady, even tho I am not a bit religious.

PEople give us CD's enough crap, we need not battle each other.

Erin

Shadeauxmarie
05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
All I can say is, read my tag line.

Amy Hepker
05-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Did you ever think Maybe the guy did have a skirt on and it got caught on something when he was getting out of the truck. No it was not me, but I have driven while enfemme before in a semi, and I have gotten out in a dress or a skirt before and you do have to be careful. Maybe it was ripped off by accident. That is the point I am getting at. I do know that there are a lot of truck driver that CD and at night too. The reason he got pulled over??? It could be because he was driving in the high speed lane in Indiana, That is illegal there for a truck to be in the Left lane. Stupid laws. There are all kinds of cops in Ohio just waiting to pull over trucks there. 2 miles an hour over the speed limit and you can get pulled over if you are driving a Big truck there.

Kieron Andrew
05-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I think the point that Spandex is so obviously missing here, is she was also apparently trucking whilst dressed, if she was put in the same situation, would she care if another CD came on the forum and ridiculed her in front of all her friends, like i said earlier how does she know that the trucker in question isnt a member of this very forum and is reading this thread and thinking 'stuff that im never gonna come out the closet now and ask that all important question of 'how can i improve my look' if this is the support/lack of i get from my fellow sisters'...and you know what I cant say I would blame her either

Lori SC
05-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I applaud the truck driver for wearing what she chose to wear! :thumbsup:

I'm a firm believer that people should be able to wear whatever they want to wear. I really get sick when my wife and daughters do the fashion nazi tactic and criticize anyone for what they are/were wearing. - Oh they don't criticize the glam fashion models - oh no... They criticise the ordinary people - usually a bit overweight who try to fit into clothes too small...

Now, I admit, a glam model in a bikini is easier on the eyes than a 50 YO overweight mother of 3 in a bikini... But still, if she wants to wear one, and feels good enough about herself to wear it - great - she should, and be daymed what others say.

It's too bad the chatter on the CB picked up this girls dilemma. It probably would have been a lot easier with just the police aware of the "unusual" attire.

Hugz, Lori

P.S. Oh ya, like I never wore a skirt that was inappropriate...:heehee:

Melinda G
05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
A little common sense goes a long way. Burma Shave

Yes. You can wear whatever you want. And yes, it can become public information, and wind up on the 6 OClock News. If the media got wind of it on a scanner, or CB, or viewer tip, they could file a Freedom Of Information Act request for the cops dashcam tape, and you're an instant celebrity! :D :D :D

And if you're really lucky, you might wind up on an episode of COPS.

And then there's always You Tube! Your career awaits.

paulaluvssz8
05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm with Tamara C on this one. You go Gurl (truck driver) and Tamara!!:)

Sally2005
05-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Here in Ontario, woman can now choose to wear nothing to cover their breasts in public (note: legally, when you are in a car you are in a public place). I think I saw one or two women sitting out in public when the law was first repealed. The moral is, legal or not, common sense/tradation rules in the end. So I think when you are out in public you want to be respectable if you are looking for respect...this doesn't mean you have to dress a certain way, but you may have to modify your dress and behavior to match the environment you are in unless you want a lot of attention. Can the truck driver dress that way, sure! Should people slow down and look, of course! Should people be rude or disrespectful? No.

TracyH
05-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I swear to god, sometimes this place has all the perspective of a Jackson Pollock painting.

battybattybats
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I swear to god, sometimes this place has all the perspective of a Jackson Pollock painting.

Oh I am so avoiding making a 'Blue Poles' joke!

Lorelei
05-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh my, we have come so far, yet have so far to go as a community. And it will take all of us...

Alice B
05-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Sounds like an episode I saw on "Cops" a couple of years ago. Did not do us any good.

Melinda G
05-13-2008, 01:09 AM
If you do get arrested for something, you will definately be popular in the holding area of the jail!

Joy Carter
05-13-2008, 01:31 AM
He WASN'T in public, HE was in his lorry.... and even so, I'll say again, wtf has it got to do with you? Who's to say you don't look like bobo the clown, it's not like you've posted any pictures is it... don't judge others, when you haven't shown anyone here what you look like... :brolleyes:
"He was is the public," even if it was in a vehicle. As long as his "naughty bits" were not exposed he was not in violation, of any decency laws.

the cop is going to be like, and as luck may have it, many of them are a bit small-minded and prone to bullying.

Your now saying "many cops are small minded" ? How may "police officers" do you know and how much experience do you have with the them to make that statement ? "Inquiring small minds want to know."

Andine
05-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm no so pretty that I dont feel sorry for this guy!

Did anyone get his # ?

He needs help, and that is what this forum seems about!
( not castigation)

If you need to be incensed about appearance keep it for your mirror!

regards

Joy Carter
05-13-2008, 06:40 AM
If you need to be incensed about appearance keep it for your mirror!

regards

Ya we wouldn't want any opinions, views or heaven to Betsey morals, getting out of hand would we. :brolleyes:

battybattybats
05-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Your now saying "many cops are small minded" ? How may "police officers" do you know and how much experience do you have with the them to make that statement ? "Inquiring small minds want to know."

I know that there are many great cops. I've met a couple. However my former uncle (Aunt diverced him eventually) was a cop, a small minded homophobic transphobic anti-intellectual thug with a sadistic sense of humour.

So yep, police are human too. Good and bad. Generalisation is shoddy thinking everyone, either way.

Joy Carter
05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
I know that there are many great cops. I've met a couple. However my former uncle (Aunt diverced him eventually) was a cop, a small minded homophobic transphobic anti-intellectual thug with a sadistic sense of humour.

So yep, police are human too. Good and bad. Generalisation is shoddy thinking everyone, either way.

This is a first that you and I can agree on something Batty.

Police officers come from the society. You can say that they represent, the good and the bad of all of us.

Claire3
05-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Im not prejudging,go for it girl i say!

Christine XX
05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
So, if her makeup was more tastefully done none of the morons on their CBs would have been talking about her? Yeah, sure.

Also, drivers always slow down to gawk when the police have someone pulled over, CD or not.

I really hate the "stop acting different from me, it makes me look bad" argument.

sheesh,
-Christine

iwearstockings
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
I would never get into a lorry without spandex leg warmers. It's just not done...

KimberlyS
05-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree, lets fight narrow mindedness within the TG community. While it may not be a flattering look to you, at least he has the guts to be out. Maybe a bit out than he expected.

.. It was embarrassing to watch.

Others do not embarrass us. We, or You in this case, is the one that is embarrassed due to not accepting of others, and maybe even yourself.

joe in a skirt
jean cargo skirt that is, PH, feminine tee shirt, ball cap, steel toe boots, tool belt, and power tools in hand.

tricia_uktv
05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Errrr, its up to her?

kay2
05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
He was wearing a thong bodysuit with black spandex, leg warmers

Oh come on, it's not like he was wearing white before Memorial Day!:tongueout

Staci G
05-13-2008, 10:01 PM
No that was not this truck driver I do have taste in clothes..Although I do love a nice leotard BUT what I do in my truck is my business