PDA

View Full Version : another unpopular subject

ronna
05-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I know, I know, nobody wants to talk about the unpleasant things about being a "gurl." But here goes anyway:

I usually wear cotton socks and don't have any problem with foot odor, but for some reason wearing nylons makes my feet get sweaty and after a while they start to smell unpleasant, especially if I wear socks over them like in the winter.

Any advice you sweethearts can offer will be greatly appreciated!
:confused:

Wendy me
05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
well yuck thanks for drawing that pitchure....like don't wear socks over them???????

Kimberly
05-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Don't wear the socks over the nylons?

Or to put it more bluntly... Wash?

only kidding, Ronna.

If you find your feet getting too stinky for those pink pumps of yours, I'll have them :) (If they were a size 7 or 8, GOD DAMN YOU!) :p

StephanieCD
05-08-2005, 04:37 PM
My guess would be that it's too many layers, ya know? I've never known a gg to wear socks AND nylons, ya know? I think anyone'd sweat with enough layers on...

Me? I sweat when I wear my heels because they don't breathe... haven't figured out what to do about it though :(

Melissa A.
05-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Socks OVER nylons?? well whatthehellnowonder! If it happens just with nylons, try a little foot powder.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Kimberly
05-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Me? I sweat when I wear my heels because they don't breathe... haven't figured out what to do about it though :(
I don't think many GGs have. They're not all evangelical angels you know! hehe.

Tamara Croft
05-08-2005, 04:39 PM
The fabric itself causes a womans foot to sweat... you could try using a powder which aborbs sweat. Just a word of warning though, fungus and bacteria thrive on sweat and can lead to athletes foot or other infections. If you are going to wear socks, buy cotton socks. Have a look at the scholl footcare website for advice on what kind of powder to buy.

BTW... this GG DOES wear socks with nylons....... but... only if I'm wearing a skirt and boots.... nylons tend to slide around in boots....

RainyHaze GG
05-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Yes,

I am with Tamara. I wear cotton booties with hose if I am going to wear boots. It depends on if I know I am going to be walking a lot, sometimes I even carry a pair with me.

Try to get some Foot Fresh, or something like that. You can buy it at a drugstore. I think AVON has something similar.

Love,
Rainy

Bernadina
05-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I wear socks over my nylons under my male clothes every day when its cool enough. That's usually September through April and part of May. No problem with sweating. I usually wear a fairly thin nylon or polyester blend sock.

Katie Ashe
05-08-2005, 07:47 PM
My feet sweat no matter what, but yet are always cold. I know lot of girl whom wear sock and nylons with boots and sneaks, but fashion suicide with heels unless your Madonna. Get shoes that breat would be my recomendation and used antiperspirant foot powder. Ya'll know I can't spell right :o

Katie