PDA

View Full Version : A werid Walmart Visit

JoAnnDallas
05-13-2008, 08:01 AM
I had one of those werid moments last night. Wife and I went to the local Walmart. While there we were stopped by a person wanting to know if we would like to subscribe to the Dallas newspaper. He kept addressing us as "Ladies". My wife kept giving me that quizzling look she has. We declined and walked on and there was another person hawking perfume. Again we were addressed as "Ladies". Wife sampled it and then turns to me and puts some on me. It did smell good but not as nice as what I usually wear. We leave her and walk past another lady wanting to know if we wanted to take out a Walmart credit card. Again we were addressed as "Ladies". By now I am getting a little werid out and my wife is starting to giggle at me. On the way home, she would over at me and start giggling again.
Our son is working up here for a while and was at our house when got home. Wife kept giggling, I'm feeling werid and our son is looking at us like we have lost our mind. I look at him and just said, "You don't want to know".

Krystal Lee
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Joanne,

The fun thing is, you shared the moment with your wife. Just knowing that you two share a secret makes it fun and you are building memories together.

Hope you get to continue building memories together for a long time.

Hugs Krystal.

Shannen
05-13-2008, 09:55 AM
...that might actually bother some guys... :heehee:

JoAnnDallas
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
The real werid part is this has happen to me before. Each time I was in drab mode. Last night I did have a lady Hanes t-shirt on, but it looks like a normal t-shirt. I wonder if sometimes our fem persona just presents itself Regardless of how we look at the time, what we are doing, and some people see it and react to it.

Tomara
05-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi Joann It is just a guess but maybe your female persona is something you are so comfortable with that it is just part of who you are. Personally I think that it would be great to not have to worry so much about what mode you in but just be who you are. Great you have a supportive SO to allow you to be who you are. :) Tomara

Bilinda
05-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes sometimes we get so comfortable with our fem persona that it tends to show no matter how you are dressed. I keep everything shaved, including my arms, legs. I also sometimes wax my brows. So I have noticed a more "sweet" approach to me than before.

Emily Ann Brown
05-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Just be thankful your lovely wife was giggling and not ready to explode, leveling the entire store.

Emily Ann

CD Susan
05-13-2008, 03:10 PM
JoAnne, I agree your fem persona must have really been showing that day. That is a good thing and i wish I was that convincing dressed either way.

PheonaP
05-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I do think that there has to be some sort aura that surrounds us gurls regardless of how we present (dress). Last Friday my SO and I (in drab mode) visited a TESCO store and whilst wandering around happened upon the Home and Wear Department. One of the advertisement boards displayed a gorgeous summer dress.
My SO and I started looking around for the dress on all the racks to no avail. I then approached one of the SAs and enquired as to "Where are you hiding the summer dress advertised on the board". "Ah" says the SA, "Follow me".
Two blocks along there is a mobile rack of new garments being transferred onto the display racks by another SA, the mobile rack is hiding the summer dresses.
No problem says the SA and promptly moves the rack out of the way to gain access to the summer dresses. The SA then looks at me, looks at the rack of dresses and says "Looks like we only have small left", selects a white dress and holds against me and says "No, I don't think that will fit." and places the dress back on the rack. "Do check all the dresses" says the SA "You may find that there is a medium, you're likely size, that is on the wrong hanger."
At which point my SO starts going through the dresses and finds an Aqua Blue dress that is on a LARGE hanger but is itself labelled MEDIUM.
"Bingo" says my SO and promptly repeats the process of holding the dress against me to rough check the fit. "That looks like it will work" says my SO, in the trolley it goes.
At no time did anybody else bat an eyelid, sharp intake of breath or scream "There's a pervy in the store" or any other such expletive.
I just smiled all the while, a pleasant afternoon in TESCO, what more could a gurl ask for.

KimberlyS
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Yea what Emily said. Enjoy the fact your wife can giggle about it instead of getting madder and madder each time. That is no fun.

JoAnnDallas
05-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I am still amazed that my wife has accepted my fem side. It was not more than 6 months ago that a similar experience would have ticked her off royally. Don't know what changed her mind after she accidentally saw me fully dressed that Sunday afternoon, but I am grateful that she is more accepting.

vivianann
05-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I would have been giggleing too if that happened to me, anyway thanks for sharing your experience.