PDA

View Full Version : How do I get started?

jennifer60
05-13-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm a home only crossdresser that would love to go out dressed and meet other crossdressers, but feel I need to do it with another crossdressers first.I would need help with make up to pass, but feel it would be a thrill to go out and pass as a woman. What it like to pass the first time as a woman? I'm from Pgh and would love to meet a crossdresser from the area to get me started.

jennifer60

JoAnnDallas
05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
jennifer60.....See if there is a CD group like Tri-Ess in your area. Belonging to a CD group will help you in so many ways. It takes a lot of the pressure off you, since your with another CDer that can help you with your presentation, makeup, and guide you on your Journey.
If there is not group in your area, let us know what ciy you live in. You may find others here on this site that either live in your city or near you.

amber 07
05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Jennifer

I'll assume you are from P_ittsbur_gh. You can do what JoAnn suggested and google for CD supportive groups such as Tri-ess or you can get involved with this website. There are so many helpful people here who are willing to help with any problem. There is also a wealth of information here on make-up, wigs, breast-forms and anything else feminine. Good luck with your journey and welcome to our wierd, wonderful, world

tricia_uktv
05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Jennifer,

Find a place to practice as the previous replies have said. It will take a long time, but believe me - when your out - you feel so free. Good luck

dhampir
05-13-2008, 06:08 PM
JoAnn,
I had a fairly unsatisfying call with MetroCD, but I keep reading your posts and hoping that it was a fluke. Maybe TriEss is better? I am in your area and I would like to find something like TriEss but is Dallas really a good place to find support or do I need to move?
Best wishes,
(Dhampir-- still working on my herstory/name)

JoAnnDallas
05-13-2008, 09:28 PM
dhampir.....The Tri-Ess chapter here in Dallas is really a good one. We always have 15-25 member at a typical meeting. The June meeting is our Annual Banquet/Prom meeting. If you like to find out more about the Dallas Tri-Ess then PM me with your cell phone number and if you don't have one, I'll give you mine.

tamarav
05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Do some research in your area as suggested and you will probably find that there are folks all around you. I live in the woods and have about 12 people within 60 miles that I have met through this forum and another and Tri-Ess and a Lesbian group (go figure)

Raed all that you can and practice as much as possible. You cannot really rely on others to make you the woman you want to be, but it helps with good constructive criticism. (I don't care how constructive criticism is, is still stings...)

I have been a member of many groups that really helped me along the way. I now try to do my part and boost the egos of those that have just started on this wierd journey.

Have fun, it will come to you.

Tami

jennifer60
05-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks, I am hoping to get involved in a group and meet other crossdresssers, I feel that will help be able to pass which I worry about and give me the push to go out. Just need to get into a group and meet somebody.

Thanks,
jennifer60

LisaElizabeth
05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Jennifer,
Once you find a group, they will be able to guide you to 'T' friendly stores in the area for things you need or want, like makeup lessons, makeovers, breast forms, padded lingerie (for adding curves!) Plus, they can probably give you the support and a friend to take that first BIG step out the front door!!!
I will tell you that the first time out is both scary AND exhilerating at the same time!!!
Post more as you find your way along the road some of here have already travelled.
Huggs,
Lisa E