PDA

View Full Version : Going out for the first time Thursday

Natalia
05-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm going to be on Cape Cod for a couple of days for an unpleasant family funeral...many months of crap so far with a high liklihood that I will have to file a law suit to protect my disabled daughter from an insane financial situation...riding Prince Valium for the past week...

My wonderful wife has suggested that I cut loose and have as good a time as I want...she suggested Provincetown...

I will be in Hyannis and staying about 1/4 mile from the Club 477

http://www.mallorydock.com/

Their motto is "What happens at the dock stays at the dock"

Buying a nice wig on the way down and planning to spend the evening in full garb, sipping drinks with tiny umbrellas in em...

I'm too chicken to go there in a cab dressed, so I plan to change in the men's room...

Does anyone know this place? and any advice?

tina jayne
05-13-2008, 01:52 PM
hi there if its your first enjoy it but most of all be safe:love: and have a nice :drink::love:

SweetCaroline
05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Congratulation. You should be well off in Provencetown, that where they have Fantasia Faire every fall. I wouldn't be the least bit afaid of going out in the cab, since they've most likely have driven cross-dressers before. I hope it's not a one time thing, since I guarantee once your successfully out, you'll be hooked.

On edit, I don't know Hyannis as well, but I still think the entire Cape would be very trans friendly.

KimberlyS
05-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm too chicken to go there in a cab dressed, so I plan to change in the men's room...

Do as you wish, but no reason to be chicken to take a cab to get there when enfemme. You are a fare to them. And they are picking you up at a hotel and not your private home. Pay in cash if that makes you feel better. And have some fun and ask the driver what he knows about the club. Ask him if you are his first CDer fare. If you are his first I bet he will have a story about a fellow driver that has had CDers before. You may be surprised and the cab ride could be a lot of fun. Cab drivers can be a great source of information. And a good driver will make you comfortable and the trip enjoyable. Ask for his card for the return trip. And do not forget to give him a decent and fair tip.

Do what you feel comfortable doing. I personally would not feel comfortable changing in the restroom. Besides most bathrooms are terrible places to change, have horrid mirrors and lighting. Look you best for the night, change in your hotel room and take the cab.

Just my 3 cents.

Natalia
05-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm way too self concious to travel - even the mile or two it would take...

Not planning any make up, so I can wear a dress and tights under baggy jeans and slip in 'the girls' in a jiffy...

It would be my first ever time in a wig tho...

That's terrifying.:brolleyes:

tricia_uktv
05-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Give yourself a bit of line hon, it won't be as bad as you think. I really hope you enjoy it. Hugs and good luck

trannie T
05-14-2008, 01:37 AM
I can well remember the terror I faced as I prepared to go out the first time. Somehow I survived. Crank up the courage, and take the cab. Cab drivers are highly trained professionals who have seen most everything. In Provincetown it is even money that your cabbie is a drag queen, you might get some good makeup tips.

Seville
05-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Haven't been there, but I understand Provincetown
of Fantasia Faire fame is used to seeing C/Ds.

If I were to go, I would stay at the hotels mentioned
on the Fantasia Faire website, and have no apprehension
about going out dressed.