PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye

Phyliss
05-13-2008, 03:32 PM
No, darlings, not that kind of “goodbye” But I did get your attention.

About 3 weeks ago I helped my wife clear out her dresser drawers of the winter clothing, to be replaced with some nice summer tops and pants, ( not my size :sad:) … but I was the one who bought all of them. (The deal is,… one for one, if I get something new then she gets something also. … works for me)
While we were in the middle of doing this she commented that the closet was full of my stuff and that I had taken it over and it was getting to be a bit much.
Keeping two wardrobes of items causes things to grow. Over the weekend I decided to “bite the bullet” and get rid of some things. (In case you’re wondering, all of it got carefully bagged and delivered to the Salvation Army)
What I ended up doing was getting rid of much of my “boy” clothes. Trousers that were now too big in the waist for me, shirts that were also too large, and some sport jackets that I haven’t worn in the last 6 years. I kept a few shirts that were still serviceable, but now I no longer have any “guy” trousers.

As I was putting the bag into the “bin” I had a really strange feeling of “Crossing The Rubicon” I’ve always kinda known that I don’t want to go back to wearing male stuff, but now I “made the commitment” and in a rather odd way it felt like I was saying goodbye forever to an old friend.

Years ago I made the full transition from “Y” fronts to panties and that didn’t bother me much, but this step seemed to be a bit more drastic.

I’m no where close to thinking about a “physical” change but this “attire” change felt like a large step, at least, to me it did.

Shelly Preston
05-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Phew !!!!!

You had me worried for a moment

I hope you are happy with the choice to cross the line even if its only part of the way :D

tricia_uktv
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Phyliss. Like you I have reached the crucial decision. My girl wardrobe is now expanding past my boy wardrobe. Only thing to do is get rid of the old shirts and trousers. But where will it end?

melissacd
05-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Phyliss,

I can completely relate to what you are saying. I have been slowly going through the stuff that I moved to my new apartment and I am purging old things that are not a part of my new life. It feels like such a weight off my shoulders and makes me feel much lighter with each step I take. Part of this will be getting to the male clothes that I brought over and getting rid of as much as is reasonably possible.

Huggs
Melissa

pamela_a
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Phyllis, I understand that completely. Last summer I was going through my closet lamenting the lack of available space. I started pulling out things that either no longer fit or I hadn't worn in a while and bagged them to go to the thrift shop. When I was done with that I pulled out the things my son liked to "appropriate" and moved them to his closet. With that completed I found I had removed all of my male clothes except for 2 dress shirts (which I relocated to my son's closet also, I didn't want them to feel lonely :) ).

I have since moved my skirts from a dresser to the closet, hung up all my tops and, of course, gone shopping for more things. I'm sorry to report but it's starting to look like it's time to clean out the closet again, but this time the only thing left in the closet is girl clothes that don't fit or I don't wear anymore.

Phyliss
05-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Shelly, for good or evil, you've got me as a member for a very long time. I'm not going anywhere.

tricia. "where will it end?" I'm wondering the same thing. Not sure where I'm going, but I'm gonna enjoy the scenery as I go there.

melissa, and Paula, the enlargening "girl" clothes collection is sort of fun to see.

I guess the point of my post wasn't so much about the "bulging closetitis" problem, but rather the disposal of the "old" stuff and the closing of the door on that part of my life.

RikkiOfLA
05-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Like you, Phyliss, I wondered (or more honestly worried) about where it would end.

I threw out all my male underwear. Felt like a great turning point at the time, like a graduation or something.

Then I got a job where I worked en femme. I went full time.

But honestly, ten years later, I'm the same old person, just happier. And no, transgenderedness hasn't turned out for me to be some "slippery slope" where I end up having SRS, getting divorced, spending thousands of dollars on an endless run of plastic surgeries.

But I know some for whom it has.

Rather, I have gotten to know myself really well, and that's been important. I know much better, much more honestly, what I really want, and what I don't. And yes, I'm far less patient with BS, with people who promise things that they can't deliver, with "opportunities" that have strings and catches, and so on.

Accepting and getting to know my transgenderedness has been the key to real happiness for me.

Had I found happiness when I was young, I might have gotten sucked into a lot of expensive, self-destructive things--drug habits, scheming "friends", and so on. So I'm glad that I found maturity first, then happiness.

Am I lazier? No. With happiness, I'm far more willing to work really hard for what's important. And far more willing to "wait and see" about things that might or might not pay off.

I don't care as much about what other people think, but I have more friends.

Life is wonderful. More wonderful than I ever expected it to be.

So congratulations on your little victories of purging boy clothes.

May you never have to looik back!

Blessings,
Rikki