PDA

View Full Version : Is dressing up still exciting for u?

docrobbysherry
05-13-2008, 08:41 PM
After 10 years, I still have moments when I do a double take in the mirror, or while looking at one of my pics! Whoa, is that me? Wow! That's hot!

But, I must admit it takes more to get me going now. I guess that's why I keep pushing the envelope! Maybe I've become an adrenaline junky! I still get off on the excitement I get looking in the mirror.
Is it the dressing, or the high I get looking at myself? I'm really not sure.

How many of u still get really turned on by your fem self? A lot of u, or just a few? Newbies, feel free to chime in, too!

By the by, I got inspired to write this while strolling around my house in full fem gear. Wig, special face, and a tiny bikini! Which looks hot, because I'm wearing my new femskin. It feels just like the first time I dressed completely, those many years ago! I don't want to take it off!

SandyR
05-13-2008, 08:58 PM
You know....its still a rush to look in the mirror and see the difference....I love it.

Dress on!

Hugs!

SandyR

MarinaTwelve200
05-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Yep it IS a lotta fun. And I like the way I look too.

Samantha43
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes, none of the excitement has worn off for me and I have been dressing for over 30 years. With the responsibilities I have, I don't get to dress often. I really look foreward to the times I do get to dress. I plan for weeks in advance.

I can't say that I really get turned on by seeing my fem self, although I do like the way I look.

VtVicky
05-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Yup, I still love it.

What I find interesting is that, when I run across something I haven't worn in a long while, and put it on, the old feelings come back.

What a great hobby! You can get just as excited by the old stuff as you do with the new.

CD Susan
05-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes I still like what I see in the mirror. The visual effect is much better if I go all the way with the makeup but that is not very often. I wish the pics I take would turn out as good as what I see in the mirror but they never do. Just how could a cd survive without her mirror?

TGMarla
05-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Absolutely! Like you, it's not like it once was with me, but then, I've changed, grown, and this whole crossdressing thing has grown immensely, too. I love looking at myself in a mirror, and seeing a pretty lady looking back. It's overwhelming, sometimes. So yes, I still love it, and I'm still very turned on by it.

Terry V
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I love seeing and feeling the way I do when I dress, it has been over 40 years since I first started but almost the same feelings come over me when I am dressed and I like what I see. This thing we do has had its up and downs but after all these years I have come to peace with myself and my world and frankly I would not have missed a second of it now that I am on this side of it and looking back.

sterling12
05-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I know I'm off the subject Doc, but between your mask AND The Femskin, I figure you must feel like a hotdog in the microwave! Your house must have a magnificent A/C. I don't remember Orange County being real cool, but good luck with that.

Anyway, back on subject. There are many hobbies, pastimes, crazes, that I've dropped over the years of my life. CD started for me at just about the earliest age that I can remember. It is probably the only thing that I've never dropped, and it's still just as exciting. Perhaps more so now, because I can indulge myself and buy things that I could never afford when younger. And probably, those new items of apparel, new accessories, new whatevers, are just like your Femskin. Maybe that's what keeps the thrill alive. Yes it's still CD, but the rules are ever changing. New challenges, new looks, new perceptions, come along with regularity.

Peace and Love, Joanie

docrobbysherry
05-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I know I'm off the subject Doc, but between your mask AND The Femskin, I figure you must feel like a hotdog in the microwave! Your house must have a magnificent A/C. I don't remember Orange County being real cool, but good luck with that.

Anyway, back on subject. There are many hobbies, pastimes, crazes, that I've dropped over the years of my life. CD started for me at just about the earliest age that I can remember. It is probably the only thing that I've never dropped, and it's still just as exciting. Perhaps more so now, because I can indulge myself and buy things that I could never afford when younger. And probably, those new items of apparel, new accessories, new whatevers, are just like your Femskin. Maybe that's what keeps the thrill alive. Yes it's still CD, but the rules are ever changing. New challenges, new looks, new perceptions, come along with regularity.

Peace and Love, Joanie

It's a cool evening here in SoCal. So, actually the wig is the only thing keeping me a bit warm! But I need it on for glances in the mirror!

U said so beautifully why I still get excited about CDing. It's the NEW toys, and changes in my taste and in my techniques. All of those things! New corset, heels, dress, forms, even a long forgotten wig, undergarment, or dress. That I NOW have a good use for!
It's the antici------------------pation, too.

I'm glad u understand how it feels, too, Joanie. Thanks for your post!

trannie T
05-13-2008, 11:28 PM
My feelins while dressed have changed over the years. Initially I felt a strong sexual rush when I was dressed, now I feel more of a sense of fulfillment.

Angela-Russell
05-13-2008, 11:52 PM
After 40 years, dressing is still the most enjoyable experience that I know, & I still tingle with excitement at every opportunity I get to dress.

kaseymaekay
05-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I too find an exhilirating thrill in being en femme, it takes me hours to get ready to go out, trying on 20 different combinations of outfits, a bit like a real gal does.
It is my little sanity break, i feel sooooo confident and genuinley happy when dressed.

Melinda G
05-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry girls, it's probably an age thing. I still get excited when I look in the mirror, but it's not the big deal it used to be. I'm single, and live alone. So I can dress any time I want, and I usually do. Every day. But I don't do the whole makeup and wig thing very often. Sometimes it just seems like too much trouble. Lately I have found it quite enjoyable to just go bare legged, in heels and a scanty chemise. I always wear heels and a chemise in the morning, while I have breakfast and coffee. I've been meaning to get all dolled up, makeup and wig, etc and go out, for several weeks now, and just haven't got around to it.

Jamie Parks
05-14-2008, 01:22 AM
It is still a pretty big thrill for me, just minutes before I posted this I was reviewing pic I had taken of myself tonite I am just floating around the house tonite

Jamie

Melinda G
05-14-2008, 02:10 AM
It's difficult to explain, but when I look at myself in the mirror, all dolled up, I see a different person. It's like stepping outside myself, and becoming someone else for a while.

rachel_rachel
05-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Not at the moment i don't. It's doing nothing for me as i'm supposed to be loosing weight but all i seem to be doing is putting it on. Frustrating.

Although i will admit that when i am in the mood to dress up properly i keep away from the mirror until i'm almost done, then once the wig goes on i'll look. A very dramtic change at times and it still excites me. Those occasions are very few and far beteween at the moment though.

Amy Hepker
05-14-2008, 04:25 AM
It sure is still exciting to me.

Suzie S.
05-14-2008, 04:29 AM
I'd say it's more of a rush than a turn on, and it is fun! :) My feelings havn't really changed over time, it's still as envigorating and fulfilling as ever, and sometimes even a necessity! I can't say I've ever gone through any thick pink fogs, but I know I've done it with a bit more frequency as time has passed.

Angie G
05-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Just as good as day one. and it would be better if I didn;t have to go to work. :hugs:
Angie

Jeannie Bingham
05-14-2008, 04:42 AM
The feeling of sheer pleasure and relaxation I get when I'm dressed has never lessened over the 40 years plus I've been dressing as a woman.
I think I'm sort of stuck with Jeannie now!

karynspanties
05-14-2008, 05:24 AM
It's kind of funny for me. When I started to dress, I was about 4 or 5 years old, getting into my mothers things. I still have vivid memories of those times. But at that age it was not sexual. I did not even know about sex then. Who did? As I got into my preteen and teenage years, it was VERY sexual. Alot of dressing and masturbating. Alot. Then I had a few girlfriends. Some knew and participated, some not. The sexual thing died down. Then I got married. She knows I dress 100% enfemme and underdress 24/7. She is supportive to a certain point. She is not ready to meet Karyn. But now it's more of a comfort thing rather than sexual. I am more comfy, wearing panties and cami's or full slips under my male attire, than tighty whities and a t-shirt. Maybe this is true for quite a few of us.

Kate Simmons
05-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Been thinking about this one RS. While I don't get "excited" per se, there does seem to be a form of anticipation such as tapping into a specialty part of myself. Not quite sure what happens really but I think it has to do with neural pathways being rerouted and the release of endorphins, etc. At some point in the transformation things begin to change, not sure exactly when. This may be the subject for another thread. In any case the feelings are definately positive for myself as I'm sure they are for many others.:)

Janice1948
05-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Like some of the other girls, I've been dressing for over 40 years now and I can honestly say that putting on panties and pulling up those nylons over shaved legs not only gives me a thrill but a sense of who I am. I don't know that I can explain it completely but I do know that dressing is something I want to do the rest of my life. The sexual aspect has lessened but thats natural and I've accepted that. I live alone (divorced) and dress to some degree every day. I guess the proof of the pudding is that I feel excited, exhilirated, vibrant, sexy, and feminine whether I have on just panties, slippers (pink of course) and an old tshirt or I'm completely dressed. If it were not for my children and grandchildren, I would be dressed 24/7. Sorry if I rambled on here, I'm prone to do that. Probably cause by one of those female genes that I somehow inherited.

Hugs, Janice

MJ
05-14-2008, 07:28 AM
hi Sherry

yes Absolutely evan after 4 years full time i still get a kick . wow is that me i love it ..thats a good thing i guess.

Bilinda
05-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes, there is still a lot of outfits and "crossdresser helpers" I want to get and look forward to seeing myself in them. So I still very much look forward to more time to be Bilinda.

il.dso
05-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes, exciting.
Very exciting, indeed.

Chari
05-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Absolutely, I still get excited when dressing in feminine clothes, applying makeup, doing my hair in curlers, and enjoying the "girly" side of me. My first attempts at CDing were very crude and overly made up. Through time and lots of practice I have become more relaxed, comfortable, understanding, and acceptable in who I am.

Enjoy life, Chari

Gretchen
05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
It's been about 3 years since I started dressing again, not having indulged since I was about 12-13. At 60+, the thrill and virtual "newness" of it is still an intense rush. I can say, with great joy, that I am still most excited about my dressing 4 days out of 5. The thrill is still there, and I have gently pushed my envelope with makeup, higher heeled shoes and growing my hair out just a little bit longer and finding some feminine styles. I have progressed to the point where I dress fully from the skin out, and it more than ever feels so right and relaxing.
Gretchen

Z. Teoni
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
This subject comes up every few months or so and for me my answer is still the same --- no, dressing does not do it for me anymore. I dont even bother to dress since it has really waned over the years. I just like coming to this board and reading others experiences and looking at the pictures.

ThelovelyMychelle
05-14-2008, 05:11 PM
As a newbie, I can say I definitely find it exciting and I can't wait until I have a full wardrobe I can play around with.

Nikki A.
05-14-2008, 05:36 PM
It's not so much the dressing up that is exciting anymore that is more of a reflection of how I feel at the time.
What I do find exciting is that I now know that I can go out to places and express myself and dress to how I feel. Also I feel that I'm more open to myself and am not afraid (or care) to say that I am shopping for me.

eric97123
05-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes it is, today I had a job interview and under my suit and dress shirt I was wearing a sassy thong and bra.

RitaCD
05-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Yes I still like what I see in the mirror. The visual effect is much better if I go all the way with the makeup but that is not very often. I wish the pics I take would turn out as good as what I see in the mirror but they never do. Just how could a cd survive without her mirror?

I think I enjoy it more and more every day, especially after joining the forum. I have learned so much from the other members.

Like Susan, I don't know how I could get by without my full length mirror. I am working on some pics but they are not turning out as good as the mirror.
:daydreaming:

joanne anderson
05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
HI
I still find it a thrill to take out my femme wear and get dressed and made up. To suddenly find this female staring back at me is the most wonderful thing for me.
When Im dressed feel a complete change come over me, the stress of my every day existence just fades away and I am so at peace with myself.
I have only just returned to being Joanne after six months in hibernation due to family from abroad,staying with us. My wife is unaware of my love of the femme.
I am begining to find it a strain to dress up and then rush to return to my other self. Each day I have the opportunity I now am not sure whether, even with my love of my feminine side, I can continue with dressing.
I know it may just be my present mood but I am just not sure where Im going.

Joanne

Pamela Julie
05-14-2008, 07:04 PM
When in drab, I am just a bit depressed all the time, not in need of drugs though. When I dress enfemme, all signs of depression go away. I don't know if that is excitement or not, but I like it. I haven't gone out in public as Pamela, that would be a rush for sure, but I am too afraid to go that far just yet. I am working my way toward that point.

Pamela:)

veronica
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh yes, for sure. But I agree,it takes more and more what used to take a pair of panties or maybe some stockings now takes full make up, fake nails and the chance of being seen.

Seville
05-14-2008, 10:51 PM
You know....its still a rush to look in the mirror and see the difference....I love it.

I still find it a thrill to take out my femme wear and get dressed and made up. To suddenly find this female staring back at me is the most wonderful thing for me.

Absolutely! After 50 years the "rush" has never gone away.

christync
05-15-2008, 08:14 PM
I think the older you get, the better it gets. We get more philosophical about it.
Sometimes it seems that an evening "en femme" is as good as the first time. I had that experience just a few nights ago (and I have been doing this since around '74).
That is why I went on-line and ordered a new wig and two new dresses.. I wear my male clothes until around 4 or 5 pm. I then slip into my evening wear and read the paper on my back deck or whatever.
Chris

victoriamwilliams1
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
I still love it and when I look at my photos on the days I think I flopped I see I looked very good. Mirrors before I go out and when I get home.

When I get into my zone while out or working from home I just stay focused especially while out I check the mirror for a few seconds and move on.

claire angie
05-16-2008, 04:20 AM
I too like most of the girls, i still enjoy getting dressed as if its the first time and i hope most off you still fine it natual to do so getting dressed in womens clothes as i do.:love:

Raquelle C
05-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I have been dressing part time (privately) for about 10 years now, of course I have evolved my wardrobe, appearance and continue to explore further... I still get just as much or more of a rush as before. I have changed my dressing style to more casual passing wear and have done hair and makeup, that has been even more exciting than in past experiences that I can remember. And I am only in my mids 20's... I do expect that the same feeling will continue for quite some time, I do continue exploring myself and my dressing although there are those limits that I don't go beyond. Maybe someday I will go out to a fetish or Halloween party dressed, but not anytime soon. For me it is keeping within those limits that keeps it interesting, and not wanting more and more and more.

Raquel

Deborah Jane
05-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Yep!! I still enjoy dressing and trying differant looks with clothing, makeup and wigs:)
Not sexual now, but i still get a "rush" whenever i become girly!!

Tomara
05-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello , And yes is still very exciting to dress and I really am more comfortable with all the feelings associated with dressing. Tomara

Crissy Kay
05-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes, I still find it exciting!!!

JoAnnDallas
05-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Some evenings I can hardly wait to get out of my drab clothing (except for my panties) and put my statin Pink PJ's on. On the Saturday of my last Tri-Ess meeting, I found myself watching the clock, waiting for it to get to 5PM so I could go into the bathroom and start getting ready, knowning my wife was just in the den a few doors down from the bedroom.

MarciManseau
05-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I've been full time as a woman for seven years now and every morning I'm still thrilled to put on pretty things, and then become my true self. I don't even need GRS to be the woman I really am.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

adelle
05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
hi Sherry, yes a big :thumbsup: for me aswell i still feel both sensual and sexual feeling when i get dressed up. dont hope that feeling would ever go away, no better feeling than soft sexy lacy underwear and silky stockings with nice heels. nope the feeling still just as good
like we would say in South Africa
VIVA CROSSDRESSING (LONG LIVE CROSSDRESSING):hugs:

gennee
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Contentment is how I describe it about dressing. I still love to dress up and look for ways to improve it.

Gennee

:)

Deanna2
05-17-2008, 05:27 PM
I wear a top, skirt and heels most days for several hours (I work from home) but I don't very often get fully 'dressed up'. However, the answer is 'yes'. Wearing femme gear is exciting, probably because it is so comfortable in femme gear.

linnea
05-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Been thinking about this one RS. While I don't get "excited" per se, there does seem to be a form of anticipation such as tapping into a specialty part of myself. Not quite sure what happens really but I think it has to do with neural pathways being rerouted and the release of endorphins, etc. At some point in the transformation things begin to change, not sure exactly when. This may be the subject for another thread. In any case the feelings are definately positive for myself as I'm sure they are for many others.:)

I have been doing this for more than fifty years; I love it now more than ever. Like Salandra, I feel that when I dress I am "tapping into a special part of myself."

Raychel
05-18-2008, 06:57 AM
For me, I have been dressing for close to 40 years off and on. Sure there were times when the thrill wasn't there as much. And there is no sexual thrill in it for me now. But the sheer joy of the feeling of the nice clothes and the relaxation and comfort that I feel when dressed. That is what pretty much drive me to dress. :2c:

audrey-lynn
05-18-2008, 07:06 AM
I'm really suprised at the number of you that have been dressing for 20,30 or more years. I've only been dressing for aprox 15 but it is still as exciting now as when I first started. It was more of a sexual thing at fisrt, now I just love being dressed .

Joy Carter
05-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I have been doing this for more than fifty years; I love it now more than ever. Like Salandra, I feel that when I dress I am "tapping into a special part of myself."

Dotto's !

Myst
05-18-2008, 08:34 AM
For me, dressing up is more exciting than ever before! And now that I have so many different clothes to choose from, half of the excitement comes from just deciding what to wear! :jumping:

boy2girl31
05-18-2008, 09:50 AM
I started dressing like a girl when I was 13 and now 18 years later I still feel the rush and still feel a thousand percent sexier:):).

dtride
05-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I Always look foward to dressing up. Have been doing it for 20 years. It never gets old.

charlie
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
The anticipation of getting dressed is exciting. Also, the putting on of each feminine garment. It seems funny, but slipping on a small skirt and then pulling up the flimsy zipper that is placed on the side or back of the skirt. Mens clothes just don't have little zippers that go on the side! The more feminine the more exciting. Nothing looks as hot as bright red heels, especially when they go with the red on my blouse! Love that line too, MY BLOUSE! Must be getting excited and full of anticipation again!

Camille_2008
05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I love seeing and feeling the way I do when I dress, it has been over 40 years since I first started but almost the same feelings come over me when I am dressed and I like what I see. This thing we do has had its up and downs but after all these years I have come to peace with myself and my world and frankly I would not have missed a second of it now that I am on this side of it and looking back.

Yes, I agree. The feelings overwhelm me. I have no regrets. It's the real me.

SusanMarie
05-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Not as 'exciting' but much more 'satisfying'. Does that make sense to anyone?

Bethany_Anne_Fae
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Dressin up has never gotten old. I look forward to every new adventure as they arise. The Ren-Faire circuit always has something going on and when there is a lull, there is always Vicrotian era events to attend.

Zara

brigitte
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
After 40+ years of dressing it continues to be exciting to see oneself after transforming from male to female. It is such an uplifting feeling to see yourself as a woman and go out in public as a lady.

lauraabdl
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
After all these years I still get a rush when I dress up. Ther is a hidden desire and feeling that rises up in us when we relaize our dreams and actually dress from head to toe.:2c:
Laura

KandisTX
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
While the excitement is no longer a sexual thrill, hasn't been for many years now, there is still that surge of excitement when dressing, even if I'm just getting ready for work since I underdress (waist down) on a daily basis. Maybe I'm putting on a new pair of panties or pantyhose for the first time, or maybe it's freshly shaved legs or covering my polished toenails with pantyhose who knows.. there's still some excitement. And much like Zara said.. there's always some new adventure with the renaissance faires or other Victorian events waiting to be explored.

Kandis:love::rose2:

bobbie_1048
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM

hi Sherry

yes Absolutely evan after 4 years full time i still get a kick . wow is that me i love it ..thats a good thing i guess.
Hiya Sherry :) I get a wonderful feeling of satisfaction looking in the mirror after I become bobbie, it's not a sexual thing so to agree with MJ, it's a very good thing

iwearstockings
05-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I still get a huge rush from dressing up. When i'm in the zone it wells up inside me and I can think about it for days and get a buzz off it whether I dress or not. Then I go mad for a week or so and just as my S/O is wondering if I'll be wearing stockings and high heels every evening for ever from now on, I'll kind of lose the urge and go back to jeans and tShirt. It works out well for us because she knows its a cyclical phase type thing and so when I feel the urge to dress its usually okay with her. Everytime I buy a new thing I get the same feelings i did when I first started. Wow you know it really is a great thing that we do!! I don't feel like dressing up right now, I can't be arsed, but I do love it so much :^) more so now than ever :^P

pantyhose_clare
05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
oh yes. I get so excited just thinking and waiting to get home from work to just go shopping online. Actually dressing up feels 100x better.

Toni_Lynn
05-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Absolutely! Yes -- I suppose it had reached a level of routine -- I don't mean that in a boring way, but rather in a totally comfortable way.

And then --wham! I get married -- she accepts me -- and wow! Totally new dimension. Finally I can share the happiness inside with someone.

Yes -- my dressing is routine -- sure I come home from work and put on a denim skirt and no makeup and relax with my sweetie while dressed, but not dressed up. Hmm -- does that make sense. Sounds boring. It isn't. I have someone who sees the fullness of me and loves me because of it. A higher level of life than I ever imagined!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Maria2222
05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I've been lucky enough to be able to dress almost every Fri. afternoon the last few years. I look forward to it all week long.

Lara Smith
05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Still exciting after ALL these years...and still very much a turn on!

LisaSae
05-29-2008, 03:51 AM
Its still exciting but since I've been living alone 8+ months and have been able to dress fully (hair, breastforms, dresses) without fear of a roommate walking in I've been dressing more and I've found that with dressing more its been more about being and feeling natural and satisfied than while in boy mode or drab.

So it certainly is more exciting in that I can do more now that I could have done in the past (experiment with makeup and feel relaxed enough to wear just cute jeans and flats instead of needing to go all out) but its not as "taboo" as it once was.

Lisa

Andrea_girl
05-29-2008, 03:59 AM
I don`t think it will ever wear off for me.

The transformation is the best drug you could ever have.

GG`s are so lucky that they can feel this way when ever they wish, and for them its normal