PDA

View Full Version : Where do I dress?

Emily Anderson
05-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm interested in knowing how many of us in this group are publicly out and about, and how many of us are stay at home girls.

Mod kill if overkill :)

KayR
05-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Stay-at-home :sad:. Except for once a year, a whole weekend in a hotel!! :D

Deborah Jane
05-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I dress and stay at home mostly, but do go out occasionally:)

Kate Simmons
05-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Since I've toned things down somewhat recently, I usually reserve it any more for just going to the club or out with some friends. I used to do everything but have nothing more to prove really and quite honestly shopping bores me, not to mention no one really gives a hoot if I'm a guy in a dress anyway.:battingeyelashes::)

pamela_a
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I dress at home of course.

The real question should have been where do you go after you have gotten dressed? For me, the answer to that is where ever I need to go. Work, shopping, errands, etc it doesn't matter. Fem clothing only for this girl.

-Paula-

Emily Anderson
05-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Paula,

True! Much as the word "dress" can be used as a noun, verb, adjective or an idiom, I used it incorrectly. I'm hoping the majority will understood and respond.

Gotta love pedantical people! :)

Sabrina Flowers
05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I dress at home only.

paulaluvssz8
05-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Due to job, facial hair, and a wife who does not approve. Then, I am confined to my closet....

Nadia-Maria
05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I dress and stay at home mostly, but do go out occasionally:)

Same as me. I dress MAINLY at home.
I go outside occasionnally, as a rule in the country and in the mountains, that is mostly not in the town and definitely neither in bars, restaurants, nor clubs.

Hence I could not vote in the poll.

Kisses

Nadia

Alie66
05-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I only dress at home when i'm in the house alone. I have on one occassion drove during the night whilst wearing a skirt, tights and heels. Wow what a feeling. I didn't have the courage to get out and walk around, maybe one day.

Alie xx

Sara Jessica
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm out and about anywhere I feel comfortable, although not where I live. I go to other nearby cities, trying to put at least 25 miles between home and my destination, often more. But I do enjoy girl time at home as well, I take all I can get since it isn't practical for me to transition at this time.

RitaCD
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I dress almost every day after work. On weekends I mostly just dress at home. Then started going out for drives en femme. That is quite liberating in itself, but now I drive en femme for a purpose ... to go shopping.
:daydreaming:

Joy Carter
05-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I've been going out and about going on two years now. So far it's been pretty liberating. I no way pass. I just dress nice and behave myself. "Oh Shut Up Teresa !" LoL :D

Pamela Julie
05-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I dress at home almost exclusively, but do go out dressed in a stealth manner often (femme jeans, tennis shoes, plain ladies tee shirt, no wig or makeup). Fully dressed only when wilderness camping, and sometimes on Halloween. Last week I drove to New Orleans wearing a jogbra and breast forms, and removed the forms before getting out of the car each time, otherwise I was dressed in my drab clothes.

Pamela:)

Butterfly Bill
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Out and proud and sometimes loud and know what to do if I draw a crowd.

Crissy Kay
05-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Just at home. I am a happy "closet" girl!!!

Angie G
05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I put down only at home but do dress sometimes for the ride home when I working nights I Chang in the car and drive the 27 miles. Last time I got out of the car to get the mail and paper out of the mail box at the side of the road .:hugs:
Angie

Sinthia
05-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I am out and about, mostly taking walks, all the time. But I do not wear a wig or makeup, and do not try to pass. Just enjoy the feeling of being out in a dress or skirt.

Janice1948
05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
When I was younger I used to dress when I was on the road. Always brought my femme stuff, dressed at the hotel/motel and then went for a drive or to a local mall to just walk around. I am short and of small stature so I never saw any glaring looks. After my children grew up and went out into the world and my wife and I separated, I dressed all the time at home. It was rare to find me without something feminine on, but then I started dating other CD's and would dress and drive to their house or vice versa. Dressing is a part of my life I cannot give up nor do I want to. Its wonderful to sleep every night in satin PJ's or a lovely nightgown. Funny thing though, I have never been shopping enfemme. Hope to do that soon. What other people think is becoming less and less of an issue for me.

Hugs, Janice

Georgette
05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Since I've toned things down somewhat recently, I usually reserve it any more for just going to the club or out with some friends. I used to do everything but have nothing more to prove really and quite honestly shopping bores me, not to mention no one really gives a hoot if I'm a guy in a dress anyway.:battingeyelashes::)

I have to agree with you, since I came out to mySO it has gone to the point of what you said who gives a hoot anyway, there used to be the thrill of getting that fleeting moment in time that you were able to dress but that has also gone away.
Enough said I don't want to hijack her thread.:hugs:

joann07
05-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm very much comfortable going out to any place (i.e. clubs, restaurants, malls, grocers, beach, neighborhood parks, etc, etc.) I've even flown in femme and if I can do that I can pretty much go anywhere. Well, except for maybe flying internationally. However, anything is possible.

Hugs!

linnea
05-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Although I am not 100% confident, I feel pretty comfortable going almost anywhere in public en femme. I don't go out very often, but when I do, I go shopping at malls or other shopping areas. I have never travelled on public transportation, but I would like to do it sometime. I have eaten at a couple of restaurants, but my main trouble with that is that women usually go in pairs or groups and I don't have a CD friend to go with, so I'm a little reluctant to go alone because I think that I will stand out more that way.
At home, I do everything (when I can--meaning when no one else is at home) en femme: I read, watch TV, work in my garden, take out the garbage, etc.
If I could, I would dress 24/7--maybe someday.

ConnieLove
05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
I dress at home,but go to a studio,where others dress.We all have a key,so you make it when you can.We chip in for the rent to keep it going.

TGMarla
05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Another closet case stay-at-homer here. I see there's more of us than we thought!

SweetCaroline
05-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Fully out and about and proud of how I present myself, in public and in the lime-light of day.

Keep in mind, a year ago, I was still strictly in the closet.

A lot can change in a year.

docrobbysherry
05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
-- closet. Uhh, I mean "castle"?

Seville
05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I dress at home almost exclusively, but do go out dressed in a stealth manner often (femme jeans, tennis shoes, plain ladies tee shirt, no wig or makeup).

Same here, dress at home, andro out and about. With red fingernails,
blonde hair and earrings readily visible, Who am I kidding?

Change into heels, tho, at restaurants, shows, theaters.
Much more comfortable.

Jannette H
05-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Ladies I dress at home and go out and about. Malls, Grocery store, drug store clubs and restuarants. it gets real easy fter a while. lots of fun

Angela-Russell
05-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Only dress at home, but sometimes venture out into the back garden (in the dark). Nice to feel the wind on my legs x

angela52
05-14-2008, 11:37 PM
hay girl its all about you if you feel good about yourself tnan go for it it would be nice to have someone with but if you pass be the bitch you are and love it its nice to get over on men and bringe them down a notch or to when we need to when i go out as a gg/i dress to kill and tease the hell out of them with female power........... but then again its nice to be with a man to really feel like a women anyway allways be you and never change yove ya angie from connecticut xxxxxxxxxxxx

trannie T
05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I rarely dress at home, when I dress I usually go out and that is once or twice a month. I'm not going to go through all that effort to stay home and watch a rerun on television.

rustynail
05-15-2008, 04:01 AM
I dress regularly at home, underdress most of the time, and sometimes if i get the chance of a long drive, I wear a (see-through) blouse and remove my male gear so that i am in a couple of very long slips over my stockinged legs. Wonderful. But I would never go out shopping while dressed. Sometimes i slip into the back garden, but am always worried someone will turn up - man to read the meter, postman for a signature, etc. Does not happen often, but if it did ..........ouch!

LACD
05-15-2008, 04:36 AM
I am another stay at home. I have gone out partially dressed, but nothing more. Wife approves of my CD'ing and we have talked about an outing, but I have a lot of work to do.

kayallen66
05-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Other than an occasional Halloween outing, I am strictly a dress at home gurl.

il.dso
05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Add me to the list of "dress at home"
crossdressers...atleast for now!

michelle64
05-15-2008, 03:15 PM
im with some of the others..i dress and go out may be once a month if i can..anymore i just do not care...people could really care less if you dress enfemme and many SA in the stores i visit know i am a CD as i have been a loyal customer for years..its just no big deal anymore...i dress i go out and have fun...that is just who i am..your comfort level is your business...i will never slam anyone for being happy in a dress just watching football while chugging a beer..but it is a big beautiful world out there and i do enjoy going out dressed...far as shopping..it is a pain and expensive (gas $4.09 here this week).so i limit shopping anymore as well....my favorite time is just going out to spa parties..I have a wonderful cosmetic sales lady...do all my shopping before hand and spend 3 hours just having fun at the spa party..

StayceeCD
05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I usually dress in a hotel and go out to TG friendly places where I meet other girls. Not too often at home and if I dress at home I don't go out. The wife does not approve! So I've gotten to the point that if I'm going through all the trouble to dress, do makeup and look pretty I want to go out! Otherwise it seems like a waste unless I'm taking pics!
Staycee

Cristi
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I've never dressed at any kind of CD event and don't have access to things that are designated 'CD Friendly'... so if I want to go out, I just have to go wherever a GG would go.

I don't get out often (It's been a few months now), but when I do it is to a shop, bookstore, grocery store, gas station or just a walk down a quite street to enjoy the weather while wearing a nice skirt or dress. :) :)

As others have mentioned, I get a bit bored with shopping as my only activity when out, so am looking for other safe things to do as well.

My LONG TERM goal is to do more involved things (take a night class or seminar, wait for my car while it is being worked on at a garage, attend a concert or show of some kind...) while dressed.

jessielee
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
let's not forget out in the woods! or otherwise in nature! far from prying eyes but still potentially seeable.
or, down the street at night, late at night.

big chicken,
jessie

lucya_od
05-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Fully out and about and proud of how I present myself, in public and in the lime-light of day.

Keep in mind, a year ago, I was still strictly in the closet.

A lot can change in a year.

i know what you mean sweetcaroline. you will aways be that way unless you can try and start going out. today i have told most poeple were i work. and they are happy for me. i just need to tell the boss. i might do that next week. but anyway. i am a home type girl. but this weekend i am hopeing to go out enfemme. thats the hardest part, trying to go out. well you got to start somewhere.

Cristi
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
let's not forget out in the woods! or otherwise in nature! far from prying eyes but still potentially seeable....

I did that a LOT when I was a kid. I was fortunate to live in a very rural area. Our old farm house bordered hundreds of acres of woods. I would go out for hikes for hours wearing one of my favorite outfits at the time, either a green tartan knee-length woman's kilt with matching green tights, a red kilt white knee socks and white blouse from my sisters school uniform :D or an ankle-length powder blue very full 'peasant' skirt with a drawstring waist.

I had hundreds of hours of fun being the girl 'lost in the woods' (and did come close to getting lost once or twice!) before heading back to my cache of boy clothes I'd hidden in the barn. I think back now about how lucky I was that I never ran into another hiker or hunter on one of my adventures!

The only close call I ever had was when I got back one time to find my dad working in the barn very close to where I'd hidden my change of clothes, so I was 'forced' to stay dressed for a few more hours while I kept an eye on the barn and waited for him to finish what he was doing so I could retrieve my clothes, change and get home.

Another interesting experience came out of this time. I was hiking in the long peasant skirt, blouse and tights one day when I realized that I was on the wrong side of a stream if I wanted to get home. The only options were to either a) cross at a bridge on a road with heavy traffic or b) go more than 2 miles upstream to a shallow point where I could step across on stones.

I was running late getting home, so chose c) Just hike up the skirt and try to wade across.

I was doing good (with water only knee deep, so my tights were soaked but I was able to hold my skirt out of the water) until I got about halfway across. Then I stepped on a rock that shifted under my weight. Both my hands were busy holding my skirt out of the water, so I couldn't catch my balance and went over. Now I was soaked all the way up to my neck, with a 'wet t-shirt' through my sisters white school blouse look showing my bra underneath, soaking wet tights and panties, and a skirt that now felt like it weighed 30 pounds :(

The stream was never any deeper than 4' or so, so I wasn't in any danger. I just finished trudging across now that I was as wet as I was ever going to be, but it was a LONG walk back home in with the heavy heavy skirt dragging on my wet tights with every step.

The most difficult part was sneaking my sisters blouse and bra (which I had 'borrowed' that day) through the washer and drier and back to her before she noticed they were missing. The rest of the clothes I just hung out to dry in the woods the next day...

sissystephanie
05-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I dress at home most of the time. Feminine clothes are so comfortable!:) But I also dress very frequently to go out in public. Not to pass as a female, just to be comfortable in my feminine clothing! I go to the P.O. almost every day dressed, and I also go shopping and out to eat. It is my body, and I will clothe it the way I want. I have reached the point where I don't really care what other people think. Surprisingly though, I get more comments like, "I really like your outfit" then I do negative ones. Once I was at a service station putting gas in my car. I was wearing a very feminine grey checked pants suit and patent leather sandals. A car pulled up behind me and the lady who stepped out was dressed exactly in the same oufit! Her comment was, "We both have very good taste, don't we?" She was definitely a GG, and I was, and am, definitely a male!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!

Shawna13
05-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I have just came out to my wife. We are both thrilled and we would like to join a support group in my area. (Boston) But we are not aware of any. I was always dressing while home alone with the shades drawn and lights on low.

RebeccaLynne
05-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Other than an occasional Halloween outing, I am strictly a dress at home gurl.

And that's exactly the same for me.

christync
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
In the past, I have been to every Payless Shoe Source store in my various areas, as well as Dress Barns, etc...even though I didn't pass. That wasn't so important. It was the subjective experience that was important. I am more content these days to stay at home...and it is no less of an experience.
Chris

Nicki B
05-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm interested in knowing how many of us in this group are publicly out and about, and how many of us are stay at home girls.

You might find this (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77559) of interest? :)

VtVicky
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I only dress at home. But, since I live in a pretty rural environment I occasionaly am able to get outside on the property. (As long as the nearest neighbors are out of town.) I concur with the previous comment that there is just something about the wind blowing through my skirts.

Since I am one of the people on this forum that has no interest in passing, I suspect the pleasure has more to do wih the tactile sensation of the material on my legs than any flirting with public exposure. (However, the shrink in me won't rule that out. :D)

mike47
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I mainly dress at home. I do go to a couple of friends homes dressed though. I have also gone to gay bars dressed. It is fun just dressing and driving around for that matter. Although the price of gas is like going to a club. Ha Ha! It feels good to go out dressed though but it doesn't really matter.

crusadergirl
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I stay at home mostly i have only been out dressed one time this year. and once last year.
Really i when backwards b/c i use to go out 3 nights a week now i don't really go out at all.

Myst
05-15-2008, 09:44 PM
At home... for now.

The next step I'm planning on taking is getting dressed-up and going out for a drive. And maybe while I'm at it, I'll drive through a Timmy's and order a coffee! :D

pamela_a
05-15-2008, 09:54 PM
True! Much as the word "dress" can be used as a noun, verb, adjective or an idiom, I used it incorrectly. I'm hoping the majority will understood and respond.

Gotta love pedantical people! :)

Emily,
Pedantical, that was a good one, I had to look it up. I owe it all to my high school english teachers as well as my penchant for being a smart a$$. In the context of this group you used it correctly, which would infer my response was based purely on my second stated reason. :)

-Paula-

Emily Anderson
05-16-2008, 01:14 PM
No worries Paula. I had to look up "dress" to see if it could be used in that context. Anyway, you were right! :)

missattitude
05-16-2008, 01:31 PM
For now, I only just at home due to lack of clohes, but I eventually want to be going out when dressed, sitting at home all girled up just doesn't seem appealing . Going out and feeling the jitters of getting made would always be an adventure every cd should experince. We should do and go as we are for ourselves, not seeking anyones approaval.

Maria

RebeccaLynne
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
OK, I'm puzzled.

There is currently a related poll entitled " So-Going Out-How Many?" in which 67.5% of respondents seemingly go out on a more or less regular basis.

And yet 52% responding to this poll indicate they only dress at home.

Anyone care to venture a guess regarding the disparity?

Emily Anderson
05-16-2008, 01:52 PM
RebeccaLynne,

I think the difference lies in the imprecision and/or the interpretation of the questions.

That is, in reading some of the responses to my poll, I realize that the question I asked was not actually what I meant to ask (doh!). Some people have read the question as I intended it to be, and others have read it as it is written. Sorry!

adelle
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
i dress at home only dont have or know of any support groups in south africa

Nicki B
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Anyone care to venture a guess regarding the disparity?

Doesn't surprise me... For a start, they're not the same populations answering and the questions prompt thought in a different way? :)

Looking at the totals, I would suggest, is still useful?

Sara Jessica
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Another closet case stay-at-homer here. I see there's more of us than we thought!

And you know Marla, there's NOTHING wrong with that. In fact, you are more out there than I in one way, you put your picture on the web. This is just something I don't feel comfortable doing. I truly feel I have more control over whether I'm recognized in public than having my picture going gosh knows anywhere and everywhere online.

So I may discuss the virtues of going out and about and what it means to me but I totally understand this isn't for everyone.

jennifer41356
05-16-2008, 11:03 PM
I go out in public and I am 100% confident:Party2:

Brenda's Friend
05-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I dress in my bathroom at 5:00 am, by 6:30 I have put eveything away, showered with no trace of make-up. About then others in the family start to wake up.

BF

Mitch23
05-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I have progressed over the last year or so from the first option, to the last. I am now prepared to go dressed pretty much anywhere, anyhow. The limiting factor for me is my unenthusiastic partner who would not like me to go out in my little home town - so I don't. Anything else is pretty much up for grabs so I go shopping, pubbing, clubbing, restaurants, cinema, theatre, concerts, stately homes, country walks etc. I am often nervous but more aware that I look and feel good and nobody gives a hoot.

Mitch

Jennifer Marie P.
05-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I usally dress at home or at my GG friends house and go out to TG friendly clubs or restaurants and if I get dressed put on makeup and get dollied up I will go out either with other girls or by myself other than that it's a waste of time

Cassiemarie
05-17-2008, 03:45 PM
At this point strictly at home when noone is there, Even the dog is sleeping!

Rita cd12fr
05-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Home alone. Sometimes panties and pantyhose underneath my male clothes when out and about. Occasionally, when travelling, I get to be a little more adventurous with clothing but only in my hotel room. As far as I am aware my wife knows nothing of these activities, so the "riskiest" of them is when I occasionally wear a nice pair of panties (even if under a pair of boxer shorts) in bed at night.

Rita cd12fr
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
I have progressed ... I am often nervous but more aware that I look and feel good and nobody gives a hoot.
Mitch

That's great and for anyone looking as you do in your photo, I should think comparatively easy but presumably you do sometimes get spotted. Does that ever make you feel uncomfortable? Or maybe it's like when I now go shopping for underwear - I'm fairly happy to look almost anyone in the eye (I think I'd be in difficulties though if I bumped into friends/neighbours/wife.

Keely
05-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I put my tick mark on 'only at home' but I do go out. Walk around town and drives.

gintnuh
05-18-2008, 07:54 AM
I am afraid to leave the bedroom when no one else is home, much less go out in public.

Scottie

Mitch23
05-18-2008, 01:55 PM
That's great and for anyone looking as you do in your photo, I should think comparatively easy but presumably you do sometimes get spotted. Does that ever make you feel uncomfortable? Or maybe it's like when I now go shopping for underwear - I'm fairly happy to look almost anyone in the eye (I think I'd be in difficulties though if I bumped into friends/neighbours/wife.
spotted - dunno. very rarely do I get any reaction at all. Have been called out a couple of times by youths but wave and smile. I am often aware of 'the look' - when you get a quick glance and then away again but I also get that in guy mode so don't know whether its admiring of my height, looks, presentation or whether its a 'kin 'eck its a tranny kind of look!

The only time that there is recognition is when I speak and when I'm in the chat zone its a different ballgame entirely and more reliant on attitude and friendliness. Dont think I've ever been treated with discourtesy by anyone i've ever spoken to but some are more up for it than others

mitch

debbeelee1
05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Hmmm, looks like less than half of us go out and about en femme. I've only been out 4 times now, but plan to do more in the future!

Jeannie Bingham
05-21-2008, 04:13 AM
I'm fine with family and friends, who've all known about me for years. I'm ok with driving when dressed, but I am still, even though I know I present a convincing female image extremely nervous on my own in a strange situation. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

dominique
05-21-2008, 04:58 AM
I mainly dress in the house, but I try to get out and about as well.

Suzy Harrison
05-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I used to just do this indoors until I came across this site 9 months ago - and the likes of TxKim and Joann07 corrupted me :heehee:

The best thing I ever did !

melisss2u
05-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Only dress at home. or on the ocassional "business trip" but missy fully dressed has not seen the light of day yet that is

Emily Anderson
07-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Seems most of us are stay at home girls!

SusanLaine
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
As I get better at "passing" I venture out in the wild more. Also, as I get older I tend to care less what anyone thinks although I'm definitely not "out" to co-workers or associates...

Nicole Erin
07-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Yeah interesting how most are closet at home, and second is the "out in public eye"
I figured "going to tg friendly places" would be a close second.

Me, I am out in the public, admittedly, my dressing is normally a little light makeup, pretty tee, shorts, hose, sandals.

tricia_uktv
07-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Not sure how you ask the question Emily because I'm completely opposite. I can't dress at home because of my children but when I do, away from home, I'm totally out and in the public eye

Kendra (Tx)
07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Actually, I try to go out in very public and recognizable places...I don't know if it's "confidence" or "stupidity"..LOL...In the past, I've been to The Outer Banks, Done the Wright Brothers Monument at Kitty Hawk...( pics on my home page )...Hatteras and Okracoke with the Okracoke Lighthouse ( Hatteras lighthouse was closed due to that was the time it was being "moved"...)Shopping in mainstream stores in Houston and Dallas...Maymont Park and St Johns Church where Patrick Henry gave his famous "Liberty or Death" speech In RIchmond, Virginia....Even did the whole "Sixth Floor Museum" in Dealey Plaza while I was in Dallas one day...My GG friend and I were planning on going to San Antonio and doing the Riverwalk and the Alamo....But alas..."Real life" is getting in the way...60 hour work weeks are a killer...:sad:

http://kendra954.com

LA CINDY LOVE
07-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I only dress at home, but when Cindy is done getting dress she is out the front door it is time to see the world and play in it, getting dress-up and staying at home is NOT for Cindy.

LA CINDY LOVE

Emily Anderson
07-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Buzz, buzz, buzz, time out...

I need to re-write this question, a little less literally...

Audrey34
07-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Dress primarily at home. At my Tri-Ess meetings we have a changing room that I use before the meetings start.
-Audrey

karezza
07-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I dress at home when my son isn't around. At 14, I think his psyche is a little too fragile for dad in drag. Since I travel in my work, I dress a lot in hotel rooms, and occasionally go out to a CD friendly bar. And I dress in "stealth mode" all of the time, with some piece of female apparel on, jeans, panties, etc. Sometimes my wife has to remind me to tone it down in public ....

Sakura Rini
07-14-2008, 12:20 AM
i only dress at home, im too scary to go out dressed up, ive only every been in the front yard for afew seconds or so

Andi
07-14-2008, 12:52 AM
I only dress at home and I get to go as far as our bathroom. lol. :D

María José
07-14-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm out and about in the public eye.

CD Susan
07-14-2008, 04:58 AM
I used to be a stay at home only girl but recently that has changed. Three months ago when I joined this site I decided to leave the closet and come out to the rest of the world. I now go out regularly dressed however I feel like dressing at the time and the feeling is beyond description! I don't know why it took me so long to have the courage to do this but I am so happy that I have finally done this. The only thing missing now is a friend that I can share the joys of cd'ing with.

kimberlyx
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Another one here still dressing at home. sure i'll have the confidence to go out one day.:sigh:

kimberly x

Sheri 4242
07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I mainly dress at home . . . daily (I dress for the evening -- every evening -- and always underdress -- daily. (I thought the latter might be problematic someday, but when I was ill and had to be hospitalized last year, it isn't a problem especially if your life is!)

I have been out and about publically -- the main outing being when I was a bride last year and my wife and I had a wedding ceremony out in Vegas. You don't get more out than that day's events. If I can do that I can do it anywhere! So, I might not make public outings a priority, but have done them and know I can handle them and have fun! (And, a major "I love you" to my wife -- she remembered we have "two" anniversaries this year!!! What a wife!!!)

Samantha43
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I dress only at home.

A few years ago, I went to several CD club meetings. Afterward we went to a friendy bar as a group. I never got comfortable going out, so I went happily back in the closet.

Carissa B.
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I dress at home as much as possible, but i realy enjoy going out when possible to other towns or big cities. driving down the road dressed is fun & relaxing, sharing the experience with a friend is priceless !

Carissa