PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser's Handshake

LeahCD2002
05-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi Girls,

Just wondering if a handshake exists for crossdressers such that they can inform another guy / girl of their crossdressing, without verbalizing it.

Interested to see the responses and suggestions for a potential handshake.

Leah :doll:

Emily Anderson
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Sounds like the freemasons, lol.

Great idea, but haven't heard of one. Maybe we should get one going...

carhill2mn
05-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Sounds like a "guy" thing to me. I can't imagine when or where I would ever use it.

LeahCD2002
05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Carole,

Just a little game to play once in a while to see if anyone else bites. Would be kinda fun dont you think?

Ruth
05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Painted fingernails and a couple of costume jewellery rings are a giveaway, I find.

Phyliss
05-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Painted fingernails and a couple of costume jewellery rings are a giveaway, I find.

That plus holding a tube of lipstick, or mascara.

KayR
05-14-2008, 06:37 PM
...perhaps the aside to ones friend; "'Ere, 'old me 'andbag while I shake 'ands" is also a clue...?

jazmine
05-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Carole,

Just a little game to play once in a while to see if anyone else bites. Would be kinda fun dont you think?

Ha ha ha.....Yeah, that would be cool.

Niya W
05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
You could have a phrase, like are you a friend of bill ??

Seville
05-14-2008, 10:58 PM

Add to that earrings, and "Who am I kidding?"

If someone...anyone...sees me and doesn't grasp
who I am...Well, DUH!

Paula Rae
05-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Leah,
A hug and a kiss on the cheek works for me.

Paula Rae

Fab Karen
05-15-2008, 06:17 AM
You could have a phrase, like are you a friend of bill ??
I was never a friend of Bill Wilson, he died before my time.

On the original topic, I suppose you could grab them by the crotch & say "another member of the club!" ( but then you shouldn't be surprised when the woman you mistook for a tranny beats you to death with her purse like Ruth Buzzy used to do. )

deja true
05-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Well, I just hold out my hand. And if the other person shakes it, they think I'm just a regular guy.

If they bow and kiss it, then I know they've read me!

Amber-Sue
05-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Joanne07 had a good idea, it is a pink over blue ribbon that is folded over itself like the breast cancer ribbon and pinned to ones blouse or dress. I am going to use it at the Be-All in chicago at this years event and see who realize what it stands for.

Amber

Kate Simmons
05-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Well dang it I can't tell you about the CD secret handshake because it's um--"secret". There you go.:)

jessielee
05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
friend of Adam?"
ouch, sorry.
keeping my apple discrete.
friend of Bill,
jessie

Niya W
05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I was never a friend of Bill Wilson, he died before my time.

On the original topic, I suppose you could grab them by the crotch & say "another member of the club!" ( but then you shouldn't be surprised when the woman you mistook for a tranny beats you to death with her purse like Ruth Buzzy used to do. )

Office its not my fault. I mean look at those shoulders. I thought she was Joe Namath

RachelB.
05-15-2008, 06:51 PM
There is a site out there called Pinky Pals and they have designed a pinkie ring for transgendered people.

victoriamwilliams1
05-15-2008, 11:52 PM
There is a site out there called Pinky Pals and they have designed a pinkie ring for transgendered people.

I thought f that however that only works for those who are out to the S.O. a handshake would be interesting. The downside is we have to approach a person who looks like a TG/CD? I am imaging what the topic would be.

Karren H
05-16-2008, 12:42 AM
I would think that just wearing a dress out in public would be enough to give it away.... hehehe I thought of a Secret Decoder ring that would flash pink when ever another crossdressers was withing 100 feet... :) Didn't get any mfg's knocking my door down!! sigh.......

StayceeCD
05-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Hello, I'm friend of Harvey Man - fran - jen - sen... :)

Jeannie Bingham
05-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm in agreement with some others, just an ordinary handshake, coupled with a very deep "How do you do" would be a start. The skirt & blouse, heels, full makeup and carefully polished nails would complete the introduction!
Just kidding, I know you mean a handshake for when in drab. Any handshake you could get universal agreement on would do.

jaina
05-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Why all the secrecy? Just stand up for what you are.

Emily Ann Brown
05-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Who shakes hands????!!!!! I'm a huggy kind of girl.

And when you feel the bra straps during the hug you should figure it out don't ya think?

Emily Ann

junetv
05-16-2008, 10:24 AM
let me just interject this thought/anecdote:

years ago, I worked with a transgender girl. Now it was very obvious to me and to my other co-workers that "she" was born a "he." I made an awkward comment to her in private that was meant to let her know I was a crossdresser, but it was taken the wrong way. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I regret saying it.

With that being said, I think that a symbol of some sorts would've helped that situation. The only problem is that it gets around and the rest of the world will know in the near future. But...I don't think that everyone who presents themselves as one particular wishes anyone to acknowledge their physical gender. Some of them are scared enough already, letting them know you just clocked them can be disheartening. Just my $0.02.

MsJoann
05-16-2008, 10:30 AM
There is an organization called PinkyPals. (pinkypals.net).
When you join, you can get a special ring that you wear on your pinky finger that is supposed to designate you as a sister.

TSchapes
05-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Just shake the other person's hand and for no apparent reason say:

"Hi, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK!"

For those Monty Python types.

-Tracy