PDA

View Full Version : The actual transformation

Kate Simmons
05-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Based on Docrobbysherry's question about if we still get excited when dressing (and many of us do), I've been thinking about the actual transformation and at what point it happens when we are getting ready. Does it happen or has it happened some time before we start in our mind or does it happen sometime during the process? Personally I believe it happens in the mind and that the physical result is merely a reflection of how we feel inside. The reaction we get is not unlike a girl who gets all dolled up and sees herself in the mirror and says:"Wow, is that me?"

The reason I say that is because you should see me when I start. Looks nothing like the result really and although I receive compliments on my guy looks from others that tell me I do not look my age, etc., I beg to differ with those comments as I know I can look a lot "better" as Sal, even if it takes a little work. Even so, therin lies the fun of it all (and the challenge).

I personally believe that mental feed back/feed forward processes are in place when we do this and sort of like a work of sculpture, we know the work of art is in there, all we have to do is chip away at the "block of marble" to make it reality but imagination is required to do that. So what happens? There is no "magic" involved really, it just requires diligence.

In my case, I do the prep work first, such as shaving and deciding on a particular look, then the foundation garments, then the clothes, no makeup as of yet. This can be a hard part for many because at this point we still look like a guy but it's all a necessary part of the finished product. Bear in mind that any building or edifice has a foundation and when the superstructure is completed, we do not see what is behind the walls, just the facade, which is the pretty aesthetic part.

When I'm satisfied with the trappings, next comes the makeup, eye shadow, highlighter, mascara, liner, brows, beard cover, foundation, blush and powder to tie it all in and cut down on shine. When I'm good with that, the wig and finally lipstick. Then enhancements, like jewelery, earrings, necklace, etc. When it's complete, I take a final overall look and usually say:"cool". I never think much more than that of it really, only if it seems to be adequate for the look I'm trying for. If I'm good to go, then it's out the door or whatever.

It's not just the look though. Somewhere along the line I have transformed as the total person and am in the mindset of being Salandra, so when I do interact with people, that is actually who I am and although I'm also still Rich, for all intents and purposes I have become this specialty part of myself and stay that way for the remainder of my time dressed. This is why I say the actual transformation has little to do with the appearance and a lot to do with the mental processes involved, kind of like activating special neural pathways just for this purpose. I've done experiments having the same mindset as Rich and find it's just a matter of choice mostly.

What this tells me is that humans are very adaptable and flexible and capable of fulfilling any role or goal attainable. This is also why I never have any dysphoria because I know it's literally "all in my head" and I can pretty much be anyone I want to be. I realize that attempting to understanding all of this is really not the important thing, rather who we are inside and being the best person we can possibly be is regardless of mode or motivation. Still, it makes one wonder sometimes when the actual transformation occurs.:)

Joanne f
05-15-2008, 04:05 AM
I think that a lot of what you are saying is right are we actually conscious of a specific time when are minds transform or do they , is it there all the time but some times we just need to see something physical to be able to see it in are self`s, i myself do not notice that it is happening so could we apply this to other things in are lives.
But there is one thing for sure and that is ,it does happen and it makes me feel good :)

joanne :)

JoanFlores
05-15-2008, 06:57 AM
For me, the getting started with the basic pany and bra, followed by the dress or blause or skirt, the make up and my wig, soon were during the make up fase, works for me.

deja true
05-15-2008, 07:35 AM
The transformation for me can occur for me at any time, and often it doesn't even the externals. Sometimes just talking to friends in e-mails or IM, it happens and I can feel deja doing the communicating. Sometimes it doesn't come on until just the thought, the anticipation of getting dressed up, brings deja out. And sometimes it doesn't happen until the final piece of jewelry is on. Just depends!

For sure though, whether dressed or not, deja is always there, sometimes quietly watching from the corner, sometimes front and center. Always there and always me.

JoAnnDallas
05-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I usually don't have to spend a lot of time on my makeup and dressing when I go out, but this next Tri-Ess meeting is a special. It is our annual Banquet/Prom meeting. I plan to take a lot of time so I can get everything just perfect. My wife joked about it when I told her about the next meeting. She said,"I guess you'l spend all afternoon in the bathroom getting ready, just don't use up all the hot water". I knew she was joking because we have tankless hot water heater. LOL

docrobbysherry
05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I really feel like I'm missing something after reading Rich's thread and the posts.

As a closet CD, I never get the opportunity to gauge Sherry's personality, ( if indeed, she has one), with others. She appears to me, and me alone, as a live character. To others, she's just a still picture!

If I were to go out dressed, I mite find out if Sherry has her own personality. Interacting with others, and developing our fem alter egos, is something closet CDs may be missing out on!

Kate Simmons
05-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I feel Sherry is just as much alive as anyone else. Who is to decide what constitues being alive RS? I also feel she has a personality as she is an extension of you. The important thing is that she has meaning to you. Don't think that a lot of us didn't spend years in the closet before deciding to go out among other people. Just because we were in the closet, it didn't make our femme self any less real. It takes time to get the confidence to interact my friend, in my case some 53 years. Even if I hadn't decided to come out though, my femme self was always a real person to me because it was a part of me.:)

Melinda G
05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I think for me, it is after I'm done with my makeup, and finally put on the wig, slip on a dress, and step into my heels. All of a sudden, it's like WOW!

Nikki A.
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't think of it as a transformation, but rather an allowance to let that part of me shine. Kind of like during an eclipse when the moon pops back out bright and shiney.
If there is a moment, I think it's the wig as this is the final step and I'm not balding anymore

Joanne f
05-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I feel Sherry is just as much alive as anyone else. Who is to decide what constitues being alive RS? I also feel she has a personality as she is an extension of you. The important thing is that she has meaning to you. Don't think that a lot of us didn't spend years in the closet before deciding to go out among other people. Just because we were in the closet, it didn't make our femme self any less real. It takes time to get the confidence to interact my friend, in my case some 53 years. Even if I hadn't decided to come out though, my femme self was always a real person to me because it was a part of me.:)

You have just made me realise something, every so often my wife will ask me "who are you today" and i always reply, joanne, i have just had to stop and think what my other name is as i had almost forgotten it :doh:
maybe it is old age creeping in :eek:

joanne :straightface:

Ruth
05-15-2008, 04:52 PM
If anything, it's the wig. Without it I just look like a guy in a dress. I'm starting to think that's not a bad look, but that's another story.

Amy Sue
05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
For me the actual transformation starts when I start to dress. I usually begin with my bra and forms and then padded panties and regular panties. Next it always my face. Full make up- concealer, foundation, powder,shadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipliner.

Depending on how I do my face I decide what to wear and what looks best with the colors I chose. After putting on my clothes, I usually do my wig, spending time to brush it out and make sure it look right, then some clip-ons on my ears and slip into a pair of heels. I feel the most feminine when I finally finish up by looking into a mirror and put on my lipstick and/or gloss.

Amy :)

Janice1948
05-15-2008, 08:24 PM
For me the final transformation takes place when I put on my wig. While the process from the beginning starts to get me excited, theres something about what I call the crowning touch (the wig) that completes my transformation. I always feel so womanly and get that feeling of exhiliration after carefully brushing out my best wig and putting it on.Bear i mind that I can feel very feminine just lounging around the house in panties, hiphuggers, bra and a t-shirt.

Hugs, Janice

Angela-Russell
05-15-2008, 11:13 PM
My usual routine is to have a nice bath, spray deodorant on, put on some nice underwear, then make-up & wig. My transformation is now complete, there is a girl in the mirror looking back at me. After that everything is a bonus, choosing a nice outfit to wear, putting on jewellery, perfume, etc.