PDA

View Full Version : feeling down lately

StephiefromSyr
05-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Lately I've been feeing kind of gloomy and I think it may have a slight link to my cding, my fiance isn't always excepting and i'm sort of worried about what will happen in the future. Has anyone else felt kind of depressed because of crossdressing yet not wanted to stop

Bart
05-16-2008, 02:22 AM
I know how you feel, i get so down that i feel like i just want to purge everything, but i can't because thats not me talking thats the depression.

all i can say is take it one step at a time, my wife is like your fiance and yet she still wants me to dress like Frankenfurter in the rocky horror movie for her sometime.

take it easy and it should all work out in the end.

Carroll
05-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Welcome to NY state weather! It has been rather crappy out and that can have a big effect. Its suppose to be in the 70's, but has been in the 50' and 60's with rain.

battybattybats
05-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Today I caught myself procrastinating about dressing. I woke up still with lipstick and eyliner and eyeshadow on. I thought, today I should dress because I' going to a friends this afternoon where no-one I'm out to is there so I'll have to go into boy mode and so I should make the most of it.

But part of me was saying, it's too much bother. Do I really feel like it. It's so much hassle to get dolled up and then change again. I struggled with it and realising I was struggling I got stubborn with myself and made myself dress. Stockings, garter belt, the works. Fixing up my make-up stopping only at shoes because being tired I didn't trust myself in heels.

I slowly started feeling good, feeling happy.

5 1/2 hours later I knew I'd have to change soon.
I didn't want to. I desperatly didn't want to. If i thought i was procrastinating before I really was doing so now! I literally got up to get changed then sat back down again instead. I walked back and forth across the room. I went and got my boy clothes and sat them on the chair net to me and ignored them for 30 minutes. When I finally took off my bra I stamped my foot and almost screamed in frustration and despair at having to do so. I really didn't want to.

Wiping off my lipstick almost had me in tears.

But I left the eyeliner and much of the eyeshadow on, the benefit of being goth :devil:
I also left my dark red nail polish on, but then I did all my shopping and bills the other day with this colour on.

Interesting conflict isn't it. I had to drag myself into dressing, overcoming a strong inertia and then was almost desperate when it came time to stop!

Janice1948
05-16-2008, 06:43 AM
I think we all go through those periods where we feel a little depressed. I am usually a very upbeat person and I have my moments. What has helped me considerably was to stop watching and/or listening mainstream media and all the supposedly "news that fit to print" and not listening to the weather reporter say how gloomy or miserable it is outside. Its only rain or snow. Thats about as natural as it gets. There are so many news sources on the internet which are extremely reliable and most importantly, factual. I wish you well and hope your feeling better.

Hugs, Janice

faltenrock
05-16-2008, 07:34 AM
I know how you feel too. Sometimes when I'm out, time is passing so fast - and I don't want the day to end, I don't want to dress back into male mode, because I have to go home at some point.

akaCathy
05-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I've been feeling depressed lately not because of my crossdress, but because I can't do it more. I'm stuck pretty deep in the closet and due to a severe illness with my wife, I just don't ever seem to have time alone. I have a dear friend I meet with occasionally, but she is out of town for an extended work project. I just want my exterior to look like how I feel on the inside and I can't do it right now. It makes me very sad.

Hugs,

Cathy

Mitch23
05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
sometimes very upbeat and sometimes a little down - particularly when i havent dressed for a while or mrs m has been negative

mitch

Wenda
05-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi, I haven't been here for quite a while, but depression has been a frequent topic over the past few years. Many of us believe that dressing and depression are related, but don't believe that you are depressed BECAUSE you dress. The two have a more fundamental relationship.

For myself, the last time I dressed completely was Halloween (Avatar). I packed several suitcases away, keeping only the essentials, 5 pairs of my favourite shoes, 3 pairs of boots, two sets of forms, and miscellaneous lingerie. I still shave from the belt up every day, and detail my legs etc every weekend. Painted my toes two nights ago, but I just can't get into the whole production thing at the moment.

My GF is getting concerned about Wenda's absence, she was her favourite shopping buddy. Go figure.
Anyway, don't beat yourself up, try the recommended practices to work out of depression: go outside, get some exercise, etc. If those don't work, see a doctor. You needn't go into the dressing, just be honest about the symptoms you are experiencing. A relatively low dosage of Zoloft eliminated the overwhelming fatigue that I previously experienced, eliminated short, snap periods of anger, and helped me go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning.
All the best, w:hugs: