PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum Vs Matrix Aprroach

Dana
05-09-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm going to have to ask you to work with me here, and not fall asleep, as I point this out. The tradtional approach toward looking at gender, identity and sexual idenity has been to view it along the lines of a linear spectrum, which is a two dimensionlal approach!

Human beings are much more complicated than that. We are three dimesnional beings living in in a three dimesnional experience, ( I could get much more complicated mathematically and with physics than this in saying that mathematically, and in phyics there is the possibility of higer dimesnional beings {this has nothing to do with spiriturality nor religion ~ this is pure mathematics and physics} that is to say mathematiclally and in phyicss there exsist the possibility of a fourth dimensional or even an eight dimensionial being ~ who if they found themselves in a three dimesional universe ~ could literally walk through solid matter, because as eight dimensional beings ~ this would be no more an obstacle to them than walking through a wall!

With that said, think not of a linear straight line when thinking about human exsistence, to include gender idenity and sexual idenity, think more of a cube!
It has height, width and depth!

To navigate anywhere in a three dimesnional universe, you must have at least three known reference points. A longitude and a latitude, and the location of where you exsist, that is to say your location within any given point within the the three dimenssional cube!

Within this cube, the cube is divided into every smaller and smaller and smaller cubes.

Thus enters the mathematical law of permutations which states that 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 6 = 120! You say, "Yea, so what, Dana!" Bear with me!

Let say you invited six people over to your house, but guest No.#1 does't like guest No.#2, and Guest No. #4 doesn't like GUest No# 6. Well you certainly wouldn't want to sit them next to one another, and so you would want to sit down, and give consideration to all of the possible seating combinations, right? Well the first thing you would need to know, is how many different possible seating combinations are there? The answer can be obtained through the mathematical law of permutations! You take the total number of guest, (I'm factoring out the host to keep this simple), Which is 6! So again 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 6 = 120! Therefore of the six guest involved, there are 120 different possible seating combinations!

"OK! Dana? What does this have to do with being TG?"

Simply this! There are approximately 6 Billion people on the planet called Earth! Thus, mathematically, and statiscally there are literally an almost infinite number of different possible combinations of gender idenity and sexual idenity combinations!

Mathematically, the exsistence of the human race, without the possiblity of male to female transvestites, female to male transvestite, male to female transexuals, female to male transexuals, lesbians, male homosexuals, male bixseuals, female bisexuals, male to female tranvesistites that are straight, or gay, or bisexual, female to male transvestities that are striaght, gay or biseauls, or any other possible comibation of gender or sexual idenity is a MATHEMATICAL improperablity! Indeed a mathematical IMPOSSIBLITY!

Thus, again relying upon mathematics, (a given absolute discipline) specifically the mathematical field of Statistics, we arrive at the "bell curve"

While it is ture that the vast magority fall under the center of the "bell" There are are general samples that fall to either side of the "bell" In strict statisical terms, these are refered to in statisics as deviations from the norm, (Thus the slang term "deviants"

The "norm" are straight heterosexual men and women, who enter into "normal"
relations with other "straight hetersexual" relations with men and women of the oppossite sex!

As an individual, as a person, as a human being, you're going to fall somewhere to the left, right, or in the middle of any given "bell" curve! It depends upon what the subject is under study!

What I'm saying with this post is that mathematically! Yea! You're normal! Just because you're not under any particular "bell" on every given subject, doesn't make abnormal, it makes you different!

People need to understand, YOU need to understand, that the reason the God, evolution, whatever created two differesnt sexes, was to create diversity, and to increase our surviorablity as a species!

Back during the Stone Age, muscle and brawn was necessary for the surviorval of the species! That is not necessary the case anymore! A 110 pound woman with a .44 can just as effectively kill as a 230 man with his bare hands!

Given the high rate of divorce in this country, I would say that the traditional male, needs to adapt at least the atttitudes. persectives, of the traditional woman! That is to say that men need to become more attuned to the perspectives and attitudes of women! That is to say, that men need to think more like women and see things through women's perspective!

The problem there is that a lot of women, still want a man to be and act as though they were living in the Stone Age! And then they don't!

On one hand they want us to be like John Waynes' and on the other they want us to think, perceive, and believe like them! To see the world like they do, and to understand the world like they do, and when we do, they run for the Hills!

I know! I know! I've put myself "OUT THERE!"

I'd like some input on this "thought" of mine!

Sharon
05-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't know why you had to go into the whole multi-dimensional, bell-curve thing to make your point, when just the last several paragraphs would have been sufficient, but at least you finally got there.
I think you're generally correct in that many women want their man to be physically able to take care of their needs, or at least strong enough to open a jar for them or change a flat tire on the automobile. And they also want us to be sensitive enough to be able to carry on a conversation and not laugh at the tender moments of a romantic movie.
So what?
Men, generally speaking here, want a young, attractive woman who will be able to pass on both sets of primo genes to the next generation. They prefer women who are intelligent, but not more intelligent than they are. They want fit, beautiful mates, but they would freak if the woman was actually stronger than they.
Civilization is slowly evolving, and expectations and beliefs are changing from the innate desires of our forebearers to who knows where. I'm just not sure what it means. Does it really matter?
It's impossible to make generalizations about six billion people, of whom more than half are female. If you consistently get the same reactions from the different women you encounter, and are unsatisfied, then you are simply attracted to the wrong people. Maybe it's time to examine your priorities.

Linda-x
05-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Dana, you have been watching that new television show, 'Numbers', haven't you ?

Katie Ashe
05-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Ok, sorry... I took 2 cat naps in between. You have a valid point, and it is true, the problem is, no one cares... humans in general a preprogrammed to be self destructive and everyone wants to be king of the hill. This leads us to be divorced in stead of finding true love the first time around. My club is bigger than yours, women mine! Is still a problem, look how many trans/CD people get beat up. Racisim will never die, niether will the holocaust: People need it to verify who/where they are in your cube. I would like you to send this thread to the local news paper and see if the'd print it in the paper, chance are they won't, why because reallity sucks for a lot of those 6 billion fellow humans. Althought true, not sellable drama. Anyway I agree with you, tring to change a bigots mind will not make me safer in this world, look at the gun laws in MASSACHUSETTS.

Katie

Dana
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Too many math and physics classes I guess! LOL! I didn't enter the time variable, because I was afraid I was making it too complex already! But there is a time variable! I read and did a paper on "The Physics of Immortaility" My prof. was impressed enough not so much with my hypothesis, as he was with my math arguments. I could get into it, but for some reason I seem to alienate people and PO people with this kind of stuff!

I work by myself in a lab, and I read too many math and physics books, mannuals, and being transgendered,...................Well!

My point is and was that mathematically, (a true and absolute language) was that being transgendered is normal! Any given woman is prone to exhibit masculine traits, and any given man is prone to exhibit feminine traits than your statistically "normal" man or woman! Being a woman or man, masculinity or femininity is not an absolute!

Dana
05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't know why you had to go into the whole multi-dimensional, bell-curve thing to make your point, when just the last several paragraphs would have been sufficient, but at least you finally got there.
I think you're generally correct in that many women want their man to be physically able to take care of their needs, or at least strong enough to open a jar for them or change a flat tire on the automobile. And they also want us to be sensitive enough to be able to carry on a conversation and not laugh at the tender moments of a romantic movie.
So what?
Men, generally speaking here, want a young, attractive woman who will be able to pass on both sets of primo genes to the next generation. They prefer women who are intelligent, but not more intelligent than they are. They want fit, beautiful mates, but they would freak if the woman was actually stronger than they.
Civilization is slowly evolving, and expectations and beliefs are changing from the innate desires of our forebearers to who knows where. I'm just not sure what it means. Does it really matter?
It's impossible to make generalizations about six billion people, of whom more than half are female. If you consistently get the same reactions from the different women you encounter, and are unsatisfied, then you are simply attracted to the wrong people. Maybe it's time to examine your priorities.

Sorry Sharon! LOL! I realize that part of the way that I say things, to your averarge person , comes off like someone asking me what time it is, and my telling them how to build a clock! It comes from my occuapation and education!

StephanieCD
05-09-2005, 05:43 PM
The release of the movie has prompted me to dig out my Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for a 3rd time. Last night I was reading the intro about the infinite improbability drive. Then, today, I read your 'thought' on how all the possible permutations of sexuality make it a mathematical likelihood that there will be so many variations from the norm that they, themselves, outnumber the norm and thusly become the 'norm', or more accurately - an expected state of being. (cliff notes - how'd I do?)

It's interesting - equates to the 'if you want to be different these days, be normal' mentality. I need the math less to explain normality and more to explain the probability of encountering another 'deviant'. But then, we need solid numbers to begin with so that's a wash... I wish I could find a reliable statistic I believed.

The Infinite Improbability Drive oughtta help me discover all my friends are really crossdressers... now, where'd I put it?

Dana
05-09-2005, 06:08 PM
The release of the movie has prompted me to dig out my Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for a 3rd time. Last night I was reading the intro about the infinite improbability drive. Then, today, I read your 'thought' on how all the possible permutations of sexuality make it a mathematical likelihood that there will be so many variations from the norm that they, themselves, outnumber the norm and thusly become the 'norm', or more accurately - an expected state of being. (cliff notes - how'd I do?)

It's interesting - equates to the 'if you want to be different these days, be normal' mentality. I need the math less to explain normality and more to explain the probability of encountering another 'deviant'. But then, we need solid numbers to begin with so that's a wash... I wish I could find a reliable statistic I believed.

The Infinite Improbability Drive oughtta help me discover all my friends are really crossdressers... now, where'd I put it?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You! Me! And a fifth of Tequila! Think of the possibilities over some Margrituas!

StephanieCD
05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
It's a date! I'll bring my own tequila ;)

Mona
05-09-2005, 08:54 PM
But if you think of gender as a continuum from male to female (and beyond?) then an argument can be made that the key to human survival lies in humankind taking on more feminine traits and becoming more understanding and accepting and loving. Either that or it becomes one big catfight! Cds will rule!!

StephanieCD
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
...or women collecting men and keeping them in cages, milking them for semen and reproducing as they like. Perhaps they'd let the CDs serve them or something.

Improbable ;)