PDA

View Full Version : Blew the chance

KarenSusan
05-17-2008, 01:41 PM
About 10 minutes ago I got a phone call.

Them: Hello is this the *** residence?
Me: Yes, it is.
Them: May I speak to Mrs ***.
Me: There is no Mrs ***.
Them: This is Newport-News. Is this not the right residence?
Me: Uhmmmmmmm...(hung up)

I am so ticked off at myself, girls. I had bought a skirt recently and they were probably going to ask about it. I wanted to just say "Yes, it was for me". Instead I hung up on her. ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Shelly Preston
05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
You could have told them you would take a message or

Why dont you call them ?

victoriamwilliams1
05-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Call them back.

Julie York
05-17-2008, 02:10 PM
I must be missing something.
Is Newport News a shop or a newspaper?:idontknow:

deja true
05-17-2008, 02:57 PM
It's a catalog store, Julie with really nice, inexpensive clothes. From casual to dressy, lovely stuff... (It's also a port city and vacation spot in Virginia.):D

Shoulda called 'em back, Karen! I order stuff over the phone all the time. It's a lot nicer to talk to a real person to make sure all the numbers are right and the items are in stock. I hate backorders...grrr! Never had a bad experience... If you're nervous, just tell 'em your wife or gf asked you to call to use your credit card...no problem.:battingeyelashes:

linnea
05-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Definitely call them back. When I've talked to shop or catalog personnel on the telephone, I've always gotten respectful, helpful service--no problems. It can be fun too, because sometimes (as they will also often do in shops) they will give you suggestions and even encouragement.

Deborah Jane
05-17-2008, 05:14 PM
I,d ring them back and say you would be interested for your girlfriend.

Sharon
05-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Newport News probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for crossdressers. Seriously! I doubt very much they will care about the voice of the person on the other end of the telephone connection.

I would assume that they are just getting customer feedback on your purchase, so I wouldn't worry about the misunderstanding. There will be a next time.

Babette
05-17-2008, 07:06 PM
KarenSusan,

They always call after placing an order. First they want to know if there is anything else they could help you with. Then, they want to sign you up for their club.

Whenever they call our house, my wife answers the telephone. When I ask her whom it is, she shouts across the room, "Its Newport news and they want to know if you like your new dress." :haha:

No matter how many time you order and tell them you are not interested in their club, they will still keep calling.

Great clothes though!

Babette

Shannen
05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Whenever they call our house, my wife answers the telephone. When I ask her whom it is, she shouts across the room, "Its Newport news and they want to know if you like your new dress." :haha:

Babette

:go:

Just hope your not in the backyard during the next call! :heehee:

Babette
05-18-2008, 06:31 AM
:go:

Just hope your not in the backyard during the next call! :heehee:

That wouldn't make any difference to her. She does it just to be ornery. Oh well, life is not much of an adventure without a little fun.

Babette

Sinthia
05-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I love it when I get calls like that. "Is Elaine ther?" I say just because I wear dresses, that does not make me Elaine, or something similar. Usually get a nice laugh, and have a good conversation with the lady on the phone. She does not know if I am joshing her, or speaking the truth, so no one is hurt. Try it some time. I even called one magazine co. and asked them to take me off of their mailing list as I did not wear their style of dresses. The lady asked 'didn't fit right'? And I said they would probably fit OK, but I preferred a shorter hemline, at the knees or higher.

sissystephanie
05-18-2008, 05:32 PM
About 10 minutes ago I got a phone call.

Them: Hello is this the *** residence?
Me: Yes, it is.
Them: May I speak to Mrs ***.
Me: There is no Mrs ***.
Them: This is Newport-News. Is this not the right residence?
Me: Uhmmmmmmm...(hung up)

I am so ticked off at myself, girls. I had bought a skirt recently and they were probably going to ask about it. I wanted to just say "Yes, it was for me". Instead I hung up on her. ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Karen,

I buy a lot of things from Newport News! Frequently they call and ask for Stephanie. I always answer, "this is she," and answer their questions about my purchase. The first time I think the young lady was surprised to be talking to a man, but now they just chat with me and of course try to get me order more!

My late wife always thought it was funny when I told someone on the phone that I was Stephanie! My voice is very distinctly masculine, and I don't even try to disguise it. After all, I am Stephanie so why deny it? Besides, when I buy in stores, or over the phone, I always them the feminine clothes are for me! They are, so why not tell them? This weekend I was in Augusta, Georgia and stopped in a Macy's that was having a sale. I found a real nice skort and some tops at a very good price. Although a widower, I still wear my wedding ring. The SA said, " your wife is going to love these things, they are so feminine!" I told het, "I am a widower, those things are for me to wear!" She looked at me, smiled and said, "well, you will like them to, I'm sure.":)

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!