PDA

View Full Version : Makeover Magic

judee_bee
06-28-2004, 07:42 AM
The summer has come and I promised myself that before the end I would treat myself to a makeover. I have never done this before and I would like to hear about your experiences and advice or tips on how to choose from the many places that offer this service. I would also appreciate any recomendations in the NYC area.
I know there are alot of them here, thats why I would like to narrow it down. :rolleyes:

Rachel_740
06-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi Judee-bee,

My experience of make-overs is only limited as I have only been twice, but the first time it was a real shock to me when I saw myself in the mirror - the lady didn't put a mirror in front of me for the make-over, so I would only see the completed transformation - and it certainly was a transformation!! That is where my photo's were taken and you can also see more at http://www.sophies.co.uk/rachela.html

The second time it was the same lady, but she did the make-over at my first wife's house because I was going to a fancy dress party dressed (see my thread 'out & about'). I had a great time and will be going back soon.

As for recommendations, I can't help you there because I'm the wrong side of that little puddle called the Atlantic ;)

judee_bee
07-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Rachel
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me. Sounds like it was realy exciting and I cant wait to finaly do it for myself. Your pictures from the makover are great they did a great job, you look fab.