PDA

View Full Version : Time to swim

Sinthia
05-18-2008, 12:16 PM
It was very hot in the SF Bay Area this past week, so I invited my two daughters, sons-in-law, and granddaughter to my condo to swim and BBQ on Friday after work. But Papa in painted toe nails had to go. Rats! I had them painted in November, and have repainted them ever since, and like the looks, but, alas . . . have to keep up the appearance for the kids. But nobdy said anything about my shaved legs. They have been bare for a year now.

Jamie001
05-18-2008, 12:54 PM
You should have kept your painted toenails and just tell your family that you like having your toenails painted. It is just like when guys started wearing earrings. It became commonplace because guys just kept them in and went about their business. I am very proud of my painted toenails and wear open toe sandals 24/7. People wouldn't know how to react if they saw me without red toenails. It is kind of a signature thing that I do. Next time I would suggest leaving the toenail polish on. It is a very liberating experience. After all, you are not doing anything wrong. It is simply a fashion statement and is certainly less radical then facial piercings and tattoos that are commonplace in today's society.

:hugs: Jamie

unclejoann
05-18-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm going swimming in an hour. Still have red toenails. I'll ask my wife what she would prefer and defer to her. I don't want her to be uncomfortable.

debbeelee1
05-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Yep, my toenail polish is coming off too very soon and the hair is growing back on the legs until next fall:sad:

RitaCD
05-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I love the red toe nails but defer to light pink in the summer around the pool.

Alice B
05-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I face the same problem. We have a large pool and family often comes by for swim and meal during summer and hot weather, forcing to to remove paint from toenails. Have considered leaving nails painted if color is black and may yet do so, if I think my wife will not explode. I have a feeling that my daughter in law knows I cross dress. We'll see how it goes this summer. I doubt that any member of our family would be upset. I just have to get the guts to do it.

Donna Michelle
05-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I had my toe nails painted for weeks, but I remove them when I go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor, because I have to wear men's underwear and can't wear my bra.

Debbi
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Although My dressing is only known to my wife, I have been at numerous family pool parties and have had my toes painted. The first time was when is was a VERY hot day almost 2 years ago and I had not planned on going into the pool, but was convinced it was to hot not too. I knew I had on my silver polish. The kids noticed first and all got as kick out of it and of course their giggles brought on the attention of all the adults. all was well. ended up not being a big deal and so all is well. And after about 2 different Dr visits that required me in bare feet, I have gotten used to it and it never seemed to be an issue. To me it's nothing. In fact I kind of get a kick out of letting them out at those odd times.

JoAnnDallas
05-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Most people in my family know I polish my toes either bright Red or Pink. Some just shake their head or roll their eyes, but that is extent of it.
When wife and I went on vacation last Feb., we went to a water park and everyone there could see my Red polished toes.

Jamie001
05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
It is not really a big deal and is no different than wearing earrings, tattoos, or piercings. They are your toes and not anyone else's! Why give them power over what you wear? Just expose your red toenails and be proud of them. It is not illegal to have painted toes.

Jamie001
05-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Why remove your polish and you panties? The doctor doesn't care what you are wearing, his/her job is to treat your physical condition.

I had my toe nails painted for weeks, but I remove them when I go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor, because I have to wear men's underwear and can't wear my bra.