PDA

View Full Version : What's your biggest worry as a CD?

Emily Anderson
05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
No poll, no intro. Think deep, and let us all know.

MentalMercury
05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Losing the urge or having it become not exciting to me anymore.

Deborah Jane
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
My biggest worry?..Honestly?
That i,ll never find a woman who will accept me as i am!!
Now i,ve accepted myself as a crossdresser i,m very reluctant to try and give it up again!!

Bilinda
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
There is not much I worry about. But if anything does worry me about my crossdressing, it's that I may meet a great girl that we click in every way, but just this one thing, crossdressing, makes it a no go. That would really suck!
:sad:

mike47
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM
I do believe that my biggest worry is my daughter. I really don't think that she would understand. Every now and then I try to tell her but have not worked up the courage. As far as it getting boring that I don't will ever happen. Sometimes you can go weeks, months or even years without doing it. But for me it has always come back and usually more intense for me.

jill s
05-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Today it is being like this forever. I keep waiting for the desire to cross dress to go away but once again today I'm in a dress and wondering why I do this.

Emily Ann Brown
05-19-2008, 02:12 PM
My biggest worry? Hmmmmm..............

That one day being myself nights and weekends won't be enough and I'll go mad wanting to be 24/7 but can't.

But it's not that big a worry for now.

Emily Ann

srinn
05-19-2008, 02:15 PM
To be labeled weird or sick or w/e

Aurora27
Biggest worry... well being the vain creature I am its probably the thought of eventually going bald - my hair is an awesome shade of red plus I don't want to have to wear a wig at all.

charlie
Losing my job, wife and friends! After that would be getting beaten up by a group of roughnecks that don't appreciate CD's on the street.

trannie T
05-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Emotionally I do not wish my crossdressing to be public knowledge, a feeling I've had since the days when I thought I was doing something wrong. Intellectually I doubt that if I were outed it would make much of a difference in my life.
FDR was right, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

Vivian Best
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I guess my biggest worry would be other people's lack of understanding especially family and friends.

KimberlyS
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Losing my job, wife and friends! After that would be getting beaten up by a group of roughnecks that don't appreciate CD's on the street.

That about sums it up for me.

Linda C
05-19-2008, 03:15 PM
losing my wife - because of a little self indulgence.. that would suck...

victoriamwilliams1
05-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Losing job and family over dressing as well as personal safety.

Carol123
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Never being a woman for real and daughter not accepting me for who i what i really am at heart

jennifer41356
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
that I lost so many years of this...I would have loved to been dressing up when I was in my 20's...other than that no worries, just enjoying every minute of it:Party2:

jennifer easton
05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Just about all the above, I have 4years left before I retire,and buy all of the lunch room talk, I would not be welcome with open arms in my small shop, and my son, no theres no way he would acciept me, he knows all of the guy's I work with, we all do the huntin, fishin thing and my life would end as I know it! Jennifer

DanaR
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I guess my biggest worry would be other people's lack of understanding especially family and friends.

I would have to agree with this. My wife is understanding of me, but if others were to find out what that would do to our relationship. When my youngest daughter found out, she was so horrible we thought she was trying to break us up. She is better now, but I wouldn't want to go through that again.

Daintre
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Mine was...losing my wife, which happened, funny thing is that after all this, I still love that woman.

Mirani
05-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Being assaulted when out ... and any bad publicity that might follow.

Nicole Erin
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Countless times this had been said not to do but I cannot help it -
I worry about how others perceive me.

Just don't over indulge in it and the enjoyment should last.

Donna Michelle
05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
My biggest worry is losing my job. My wife accepts me. My son doesn't mind. I am finding new friends who understand me. Those who do not approve don't have to look.

I am tired of being the man THEY want instead of the WOMAN I long to be. I spent too many years making other people happy while I was not happy. It is MY turn to be happy!

For those of you who worry about finding a woman to accept you, my late wife supported my crossdressing and my current wife does, too. There are open-minded women who accept you for who you are. Women who are not intimidated, jealous or bothered by your feminine alter ego. Find your soul mate and be happy!

I am a BIG gal, so I doubt that I would be assaulted. My wife would protect me. She doesn't take any crap from people.

Some of my online friends are petite and travel in groups while dressed en femme. They heard a few insults, but no one touched them. It is a shame that anyone has to worry about that.

jayme357
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Losing the respect of the people in my life that love me for who they believe I am. I have displayed a persona that my friends admire and respect. I am priviledged to share many common interests with friends and we enjoy a very active life. To disappoint them because I have essentially misled them would be more than I could handle. Still, giving up that which is me, would be intolerable.

boy2girl31
05-19-2008, 05:50 PM
That I,ll never find a woman who will accept me as I am again.
I once found one who did but she died in a car accident. The women I meet are ashamed to be with someone like me. Well their loss I guess.

melisss2u
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Being "caught" and having my world change not for the better

docrobbysherry
05-19-2008, 06:59 PM
No.1. Being found out!

No.2. Being sucked so far down the CD rabbit hole, that I'll never be able to get out! Wait a minute! Maybe that's No.1!

No.3. Get a sex change operation and decide I prefered being a man! ( This one only happens in my dreams).

Shawna13
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Is being found out before I am ready to be. And losing my friends job and family and my kids being taunted for it. I dream of a tolerant society but I don't see it.

Bernadina
05-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Not having the time to wear all the clothes and shoes I have.

gennee
05-19-2008, 08:33 PM
My biggest concern is being assaulted though I will fight back.

Gennee

:straightface:

Glenda
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
My biggest worry is that I won't lose this extra weight I've gained and won't ever be able to fit into my red dress again.

Karren H
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
No real worries.... Life has become balanced, secure, and I'm lovin it.....

Susan.
05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Being found out by friends, family or co-workers.

Holly
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Not being able to find the right purse to match my new shoes... seriously. I'm at peace with myself and all the people who are important to me embrace me as I am.

linnea
05-19-2008, 10:48 PM
losing my wife - because of a little self indulgence.. that would suck...

Though I think that it's a lot of self-indulgence, this is my worry. I would also include my grown children, other relatives, and friends on the list with my wife.

Karen C
05-19-2008, 10:48 PM
being found out by my 5 year old son and and ex wife net letting me see him any more by the court saying I am a unfit father . I would kill myself I could not live without him he is the olny thing that keeps me gowing. I dont even where earrings around him . and the bathrobe is now the girl friends. this just made me think who am I hiding from ?

Camille_2008
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
that I lost so many years of this...I would have loved to been dressing up when I was in my 20's...other than that no worries, just enjoying every minute of it:Party2:

Yes! Oh yes. I love it. I wish I really was female. I love the feeling and sense of self. It's the real me.

Camille_2008
05-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Never being a woman for real and daughter not accepting me for who i what i really am at heart

Yes. Exactly.

jennCD
05-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Spending the rest of my life as a size 18... or higher!
Wahhhhh

:(
jenn

tgirlinva
05-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Not necessarily in order of importance:

1) Being found out
2) Losing job, friends, and family
3) Not being loved for who I am
4) Being taken advantage of (i.e. falling for someone who just wants sex or who is in it to blackmail you)
5) Becoming successful and/or prominent in some field and having this be a setback.

Sarah I am
05-20-2008, 12:48 AM
yes i too have found a woman who understands me for who i am she is accepting and even does my make-up every once in a while, and my fear about being a CD is that people wont understand why i dress up in womans clothing and my dad not accepting me (he doesn't know about it yet, my mom is supportive though), even i dont understand why i do it i'm just commpelled to dress up

Raychel
05-20-2008, 01:10 AM
My bigest fear would being caught by my kids or my father and causing that dreaded change in relationship.

CD Susan
05-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Emily, I find it difficult to respond to your thread because of our different views on another subject not long ago. I will put that aside and not let that incident continue to be an issue between us. I do not have any fears about cd'ing other than being outed in public and experiencing ridicule and embaresment. I do not have any fears of any other nature because I live alone and am retired.

dominique
05-20-2008, 04:40 AM
It's got be being found out and the consequences there after they don't bear thinking about.

slamddoger
05-20-2008, 06:59 AM
lose my job and the respect in the commutle

Jenny Doolittle
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Seeing all the entries really make me believe that we, Crossdressers, are truly wounderful people because most of our concerns voiced are for someone else we love.
I do not wish to hurt my family, and wounder if I should actually feel guilty becasue I am selfish. There is a thread for comments. "Should we or do we feel selfish about dressing?" God certainly does have a sence of humor.

Chari
05-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Being rejected and humiliated by family, friends, and society, and then have to live completely alone to survive the ridicule (again) I did as a child.
Chari

Ayame
05-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I think my biggest worry is my pictures ending up all over the internet, people saving my pics to their pc's, or people making false accounts on other sites with my pics claiming to be me. I know that sounds crazy but I once ran into 3 myspaces on the same day that all had the same pic of a guy cross dressing and all of them claimed to be a different person and from what I understand that happens all the time.

donnadawn
05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
I would really dread having any of my family find out. Only my wife knows but does not approve.

Celeste
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
That society will never let down their guard long enough to understand to treat people individually and that CDing is to hard for them to grasp.

Rachel Morley
05-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I guess I don't have any real worries about anything that might happen as a consequence of being a CDer.

However, if I was totally honest, I do have to say that I still get a fabulous thrill and feeling of completeness and lots of inner joy when I dress. If that ever went away and it became "all rather normal" and "ordinary" that would suck a$$ big time.

Farrah
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
My wife and family finding out with me telling them.

AKAMichelle
05-20-2008, 10:38 PM
That some of my customers / clients would find out one day.

NikiRosenman
05-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I think that my biggest fears are first not being able to fully accept myself for who i am. The next is not being accepted by my family and then lastly my friends but I'm not as worried about the friends because well if they can't deal with my cross dressing well then their out one great friend and thats their deal and not mine. I don't know, another really scary thing would be to have my friends walk in on me cross dressed.

Sedona
05-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Getting outed at work.

Stormgirl
05-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Knowing that I will always be alone in that regard that I will never find that special somebody. Oh well,I've gotten used to being single for the past 5 years. :thumbsup: Another worry is being outed at "work," for those that know my profession you will understand the huge deal.

heathertv35
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I second this fear

Cristi
05-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I worry about it taking over my life. I look back and think of all the time, energy and money I've spent on CDing. Where would I be now if I had spent all of that time on something more productive, to CREATE something or make my life better?

I look at all the weekend days where I didn't leave the house and DO something, because it would have meant needing to take off the dress and hose.

Sometimes I resent CDing because it is SO intrusive. It takes over your life, and no matter what you do and no matter what fun new outfit you buy, or where you go 'out' or how much you learn about makeup and wigs... you want MORE and MORE and MORE.

Who would I be and how different would my life be if I never had this desire? I'll never know.

Stormgirl
05-20-2008, 11:29 PM
I am more afraid of what I'd do to the individuals(s) that attempted to harm me.

Angela-Russell
05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Biggest worry is probably my kids finding out about me, as I don't want them to know. Kids have enough on their plate just growing up these days without having to know that their dad is a cd'er

Silkymisty
05-26-2008, 03:40 AM
As I'm in the closet, my greatest worrie is when I dy, my family will know that I'm a CD and find all my fem clothes etc. Not a nice way to be remebered.

Jeannie Bingham
05-26-2008, 04:48 AM
I can't think of any worries I have about crossdressing, I stopped worrying about it many years ago. I suppose I could say something like "I hope I can keep my skirt/dress size the same as it is now" but that's not really a worry.
But I do have a regret. I regret the fact that some genius didn't come up with the internet about 30yrs ago, it would have made life sooooo much easier!

gagirl1
05-26-2008, 05:02 AM
all of the above. but i'm gonna go in a different direction: i fear the world is going to fall apart, and go mad max style on me, and bloomingdale's won't be around when i finally have the money to afford it!

edit: truthfully, though, the dream about getting a sex change and then realizing i made a mistake is probably the scariest. where's that damn magic wand at....?

Amy Hepker
05-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Not looking good enough, but then a good makeover could solve that.

AmandaM
05-26-2008, 11:59 AM
My biggest worry? Hmmmmm..............

That one day being myself nights and weekends won't be enough and I'll go mad wanting to be 24/7 but can't.
But it's not that big a worry for now.
Emily Ann

Exactly!

Laura_Stephens
05-26-2008, 12:40 PM
1) Bringing shame on my family if ever publicly outed.
2) that my wife will never understand.

RachelVTTV
05-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Easy, losing my job. My Uncle Sam would not approve losing friends. My wife knows and is slowly accepting. Just dont know what I would do if I had to choose her or my fem side.

LilSissyStevie
05-26-2008, 01:27 PM
What, me worry?

Kelly Greene
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Being rejected by those arround me including faminly and friends.

Notbychoice
05-26-2008, 01:35 PM
It's refreshing to know that most of us share the same worries and concerns.

Losing my Job
Spending too much money on my "hobby"
Not finding a SO that will accept me for who I am
Losing friends (but if they were true friends, it wouldn't matter)
Wondering my my pantylines are showing. UGH!

Shelly67
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Being outed then rebuked by all . I dont think I could ever look my parents in the eyes again....

Amanda0208
05-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I think the scariest for me is to be outed at work. While i think I could bear the comments and smears, if my clients found out and they would, I might have to suffer financial loss and that is something that frightens me to no end. I would be putting my entire family in jeopardy.

And yet - Something inside says that I could manage all of that and we would still be ok. I guess I have confidence enough in myself to make things work.

:2c:

MsJoann
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Getting old, losing the urge to dress, sickness or disfigurement preventing me from looking pretty.
All the other worries are conquered with confidence.

StephanieH
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
:DAfter much thought, it would have to be Barack Obama becoming president! :tongueout

Take care and God bless! :D

CatAttack
05-27-2008, 03:45 PM
I spent too many years making other people happy while I was not happy. It is MY turn to be happy!

Exactly. I am so glad I discovered this last year when I was 18 instead of when I am in my 30s. Now I rarely think about what others think of me, and I've been doing a lot better (as a guy) and making more friends and am a lot more confident. I basically do whatever comes to mind and never really think twice.

However, I'm still very secretive about my crossdressing. I hate that I do it sometimes, and I love that I do it other times. One of my fears is being dressed in public. I don't know if I would ever do that unless if I am passable.

I guess my biggest fear is being exposed.

renee k
05-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Losing the respect of the people in my life that love me for who they believe I am. I have displayed a persona that my friends admire and respect. I am priviledged to share many common interests with friends and we enjoy a very active life. To disappoint them because I have essentially misled them would be more than I could handle. Still, giving up that which is me, would be intolerable.

What Jayme said about sums it up for me as well.

Huggs, Renee

missattitude
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
My biggest worry right now about crossdressing is that I can;t experience it to extent that I would like to. I don't have many clothes right now and that is another worry that drives me crazy all day, but I deal with that. Going to college and hopefully getting a nice job should take care of that problem. I use to worry that I might be to girly and eventually have to become one. As the years have passed, I realized that there is no expectations as to how far a cd has to go. There are times that I just put on a skirt, hose and heels, Then there are times I dress in full. Other than that, I don't worry to much about it.

Maria

Carly D.
05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
My biggest worry was that I was afraid that I was the only one who dressed the way that I do... then I came on the internet and suddenly I'm not the only pervert in the world...

MalibuJenny
05-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I think at different points, I've worried about just about everything mentioned.

But one of my favorite quotes: "Worry is like interest paid in advance on a debt that never comes due."

And that is so very true.

Worry kept me from finding myself for so very long and now that none of those things have ever come close to happening, I wonder why I worried in the first place.

Laura Jane
05-31-2008, 06:17 PM
The aging process not being kind to my Feminine side!

VirginiaX23
05-31-2008, 06:19 PM
That I'll look fat in that dress :D

Seriously, I worry that somehow my wife will get fed up with the girl she married and look for a husband rather than a wife. She is my total soul mate and best friend and I would do anything for her, including purging and never touching another piece of women's clothing unless I was taking it of of her.

But I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying. It's counterproductive and, on the whole, self-fulfilling.

Alayna
05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
being the victim of a hate crime

Alys
05-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I guess my biggest worry with the path I've chosen is that although I'm passable at this moment in time; I can't be sure that I'll always be so lucky~

How much longer can I milk my little emo look? How much longer will being small with a puffy little set of breasts carry me through the fact that my face really isn't so feminine? Will I be able to have a family? Will I be able to live my life as I am, or have I made the biggest mistake of my life? In thirty years time, will people look at me and say "There's a lovely, classy and refined lady"? or will they say "Look, it's the incredible hulk in a dress"?

I guess the future is a concern. But we only live once, huh? So I guess I ought to live for the moment~

Veronica 1
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
My biggest worry is that I run out of money to buy shoes, dresses, panties and bras.

Maria2222
05-31-2008, 07:38 PM
I think we all have times (maybe lots of times) when we wonder why we're so weird, but I'm always ready the next time I get a chance to dress.

Patrice
06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
I have many small worries and will deal with them as they occur. You can give up fear without giving up caution, it just takes a certain degree of fatalism. Worst case scenario: I get beaten, perhaps to death; but I REFUSE to let fear of this POSSIBLE outcome stop me from being myself. Ive done the miserable thing, Ive wasted too many years putting others and their expectations first until I dissapeared - that is no way to live, its the closest thing to a living death I can conceive of.

A Few (personal) perspectives on prior posted concerns:

Work - Basically Im outing myself on my terms. Im slowly integrating feminine fashion and clothing into my everyday appearance, most folks already assume Im gay and this doesnt bother me, just wait.

Family - The only true family I have left know about me and are accepting. No fears or concerns there.

Friends - My friends who know accept me, more are being told as opportunities present themselves. FRIENDS accept you no matter what, the rest are just acquaintences who come and go.

Society - Here I could give a proverbial rats posterior about THEIR opinion. Society constantly involves itself in activities I find reprehensible and shameful without seeking my approval, so Ill continue to live the way I want without seeking theirs.

quietone
06-01-2008, 04:07 AM
right now the only one that knows is my wife and she doesnt take it 2 well.i could imagine if any body else did.

Ziggyplayedgtr
06-01-2008, 04:15 AM
I feel like this is the best time for me to be open about CDing as I'm living on my own in a new city, also I won't be this young forever! the only thing holding me back is how it just wouldn't fit into my everyday life. I feel that the awkwardness it would create and how it would alter certain relationships just isn't worth it right now. oh, being torn in two!

Bethany_Anne_Fae
06-01-2008, 04:29 AM
I don't worry so much honestly, but if I had a concern it would have to be with aging.
I turned 45 yesterday and with every birthday there comes that thought of how my fem-side is aging with me.
I dont ever plan to stop, but I do plan on being a decent looking Victorian Matriarch ;)

So much to do and so little time....

*hugs to my sisters*

Zara

Lilith Moon
06-01-2008, 05:25 AM
I don't worry so much honestly, but if I had a concern it would have to be with aging.
I turned 45 yesterday and with every birthday there comes that thought of how my fem-side is aging with me.
I dont ever plan to stop, but I do plan on being a decent looking Victorian Matriarch ;)
Zara

That's my main concern. I'm much older than 45 and I'm acutely aware of the clock ticking.

So much to do and so little time....

Absolutely !!!!

Chryl
06-01-2008, 03:48 PM
never finding a female partner that will accept me as who I am and being outed at work

Cheryl

IMkrystal
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
There is not much I worry about. But if anything does worry me about my crossdressing, it's that I may meet a great girl that we click in every way, but just this one thing, crossdressing, makes it a no go. That would really suck!

That I,ll never find a woman who will accept me as I am again.
I once found one who did but she died in a car accident. The women I meet are ashamed to be with someone like me. Well their loss I guess.

Now i,ve accepted myself as a crossdresser i,m very reluctant to try and give it up again!!

I wish I Had a wife or girlfriend to worry about. When I first came to this site three years ago. I came looking for what others have expressed. I am really jealous of those of you who have understanding accepting wives. I have been on dating sites and sometimes presented the fact that I crossdress. I have asked SO on here for advice about dating and when to let the person know. Unfortunately most women do not see the world as we see it.

God forgive you, if you every destroy your SO's trust!

ladytrackrunner
06-01-2008, 10:30 PM
being caught by alot of friends!!

Ásfríðr
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
none for now, i'm happy, my friends are lush, still a bit reluctant to go out completely 'engirl' because i'm damn shy!

later tho, not being happy/satisfied and then making or not making the right/wrong choices. coming to that fork, if it comes, with no ideas about where i'm going, thats scary. it's why i wanted to join and know the paths you've all taken. and what the scenery is like
xx

Rikkicn
06-05-2008, 06:16 PM
My biggest fear is that I would lead a life void of intimacy and love and that I would never get to express who I was and wanted to be.

christinac
06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I used to worry about losing close friends, but with all the new friends I've started to meet here, if one of my old friends leave me because of who I am then I hope the door doesn't hit them in the A-55 as they're going.

KateSpade83
06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
My biggest worry is that God would throw me into Hell for crossdressing. Don't see in the Bible where He says He'll do that. Maybe I should quit just before I die...

christinac
06-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I board in the home of an evangelical Christian and if you ever want a vision of hell, just move in with an evangelical. Anyway, I forget exactly where it is at but there is crossdressing mentioned in the Bible. One of the Prophets dressed as a woman to excape from a battle or something like that. Either way, nowhere does it say that crossdressing is a sin, but don't tell that to most "Christians" especially an evangelical.

NatalieBliss
06-05-2008, 08:09 PM

:yt:

Donna Michelle
06-05-2008, 08:24 PM
My CD friend Samantha has a list of references for abominations in the Bible. You are not allowed to crossdress or be gay, according to the words of the Bible which were written by men and translated by other men.

I have never seen the original Bible, nor could I translate it. Come judgment day, I hope God forgives me. I am a Christian and believe Jesus died for our sins. I admit that I lied and kept my dressing a secret. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Other abominations including adultery, prostitution and idolizing someone other than God. Any unclean act is wrong.

TGMarla
06-05-2008, 08:39 PM
My biggest worry is that God would throw me into Hell for crossdressing. ...... Maybe I should quit just before I die... Gee, Kate, isn't that a bit like quitting murder before you die, and this way knowing that you'll not go to Hell? I mean, if both condemn you to eternity in Hell, then I guess crossdressers and murderers are the same in God's eyes. You think this is why Dante described the 7 levels of Hell? Maybe murderers are on something like level 5 or 6, and crossdressers get to set up shop on level 1, just inside the door. That would probably be a fun group, anyway.

This is one of the real problems with the Biblical interpretation of God. I wouldn't worry about Hell for crossdressing, or most women would already be headed there for wearing pants. (Yeah, yeah, I know....different argument)

Anyway, my biggest fear when it comes to crossdressing is that some day....sooner or later....my wife is going to come home when I'm fully dressed. She knows I crossdress, and I guess we (or she) decided to just never discuss it. I think she knows that this will happen someday, too. I hope it turns out to be nothing, or even something positive. But I still dread it.

Hey, what level of Hell do you think those pedophile priests go to?

Firegirl
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I think for me the biggest fear would be to never know how it feels to be totally be free and be level 4 or 5. I will probably never get to a level 3 for that matter.:daydreaming:

Bethany38
06-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Losing the respect of my kids. Also the rest of my family finding out. Thanks to my wife as I have said before she is very understanding.

Suzy Harrison
06-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Growing old !

Nadia-Maria
06-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Falling down the stairs when in heels !

Kisses

Nadia

switcheralso
06-06-2008, 06:53 AM
The closed mind of others! I had a conversation with a gay female at work one day regarding sexual issues. When I discussed my interest and desires to dress in female clothing she did not understand. She was rely closed minded. After some deep discussion she did finally admit that she actually understood and was open to the idea.

Jeannie Bingham
06-06-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't want to seem flippant, but walking in heels. I always have this vision of myself on my arse, legs up.

Franki Kate
06-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Not to make for an easy out in expslaination, I have to go along with Jayme 357 and what she had to say.

My standing in my community and throughout the state would/could be an everlasting negative for myself and family. Some of us have developed a level of respect and attention in our other world that would really change our personal life beyond recognition.

maggiecdva
06-06-2008, 01:31 PM
My biggest worry is surviving colon cancer. My biggest CD related issue is not fully enjoying being a CD. Not, at least for a short period, living as a woman.
hugs - maggie

TxKimberly
06-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Growing old !

I am SOO with Suzy on this one! GG's think they have it bad trying to stay young looking - just try to be an aging male trying to keep the younger woman look. Purty much sucks . . .

Brooke Smith
06-07-2008, 05:48 AM
I am SOO with Suzy on this one! GG's think they have it bad trying to stay young looking - just try to be an aging male trying to keep the younger woman look. Purty much sucks . . .

Yeah,I have to agree with you and Suzi.My fantasy image of my self is that of a beautiful young woman. My chances to be a beautiful woman are slim and the chance to be young has long since pasted.

Sharon B.
06-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Being throw into Hell, don't think so.
The supreme being that created us knew before hand what we were going to do before we did.
The bible was written by mankind for mankind. Enough of that.
Being accepted by my family and friends would be nice but know that won't happen.
To be able to find an understanding female would also be nice but they are few and far between.
To be able to live as I wish but being in the bible belt or a very conservative state is also hard to do.
Hoping that I can leave the closet door open and go out as the person I am most comfortable being.

VirginiaX23
06-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey, what level of Hell do you think those pedophile priests go to?

As there is no hell (and no heaven either), they don't go anywhere. They just rot. As as they were rotten before they died, the process doesn't take as long.

This is why it is important to moisturize, ladies. My wife complains that I use more of her Olay than she does :D

Jae
06-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I wonder why we seem to be more afraid of being found out, than homosexuals being outed. Is it because we are such a small minority and there is less understanding of our condition?

Since joining this forum it seems the younger members are more worried than the older members. If I was young again and know what I know now I would be a lot braver.

Since writing the above I have just finished reading the post "Is there any release from the curse" and there seems a great contradiction between the answers. Most of us would not or could not give up CDing, but fear being outed. On second thoughts maybe this post should be in the other thread!

Annesah
06-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Ending up in the ER whils't Commando.

Marvina Martian
06-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Well my biggest worry is if my outfit is matching and it is proper for the event that I am wearing it for! :heehee:

Honestly though, I do worry about getting accosted while dressed by some redneck. That's about it for me!

Linda Dresser
06-08-2008, 11:32 AM

Absolutely agree! I enjoy who I have become and would love to share with someone, someday.:daydreaming:

briannad
06-08-2008, 12:00 PM
My biggest worry has always been that I will be unable to find a loving, acceptable partner because of my desire to dress and embrace my feminine side.

Debutante
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I am trying to embrace my femme side, to dress fully and embody femme
behaviors... and to be accepted by my wife (who is accepting). This would
include sex as dressed, and in that femme mode too.
But i also need to deal with my male side... and find the right balance... address masc. needs that i have underdeveloped.
My frear is: never embodying the femme in a way that is deeply pleasing to me.

TxKimberly
06-08-2008, 09:30 PM
You know, I have just thought of one that trumps the "getting older" that I supplied earlier. My biggest fear is that my four year old daughter will find out and hate it. She is the light of my life and I just can't stand the idea that she might hate such a huge part of me.

Jada Rose
06-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Losing the respect of the people that I care about, and the love of my wife who has always supported me in every way.

cindycd
06-09-2008, 12:05 AM
If my identity was stolen by somebody in the small town that I live in and showed everybody the emails and site's that I visit and buy thing's from.

Heather_Marie
06-09-2008, 07:52 AM
My biggest worry is that I would lose all of my wife and all of friends. Also being assaulted by people who have closed minds.

JoAnnDallas
06-09-2008, 10:21 AM
My biggest worry is coming down with Altizmers and forgetting that I am a CDer and stop dressing

Emily Anderson
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks loads to everyone who replied to the thread!

I went through the answers, and it seems that by far the three biggest worries from those who responded are a) being caught and b) lack of acceptance, and c) fear of rejection.

Other reasons evoked in no particular order:

Losing the urge
Not having the courage to tell someone
Hoping the desire to CD will go away
Losing control of the urge
Being labelled as sick
Going bald
Losing loved ones
Getting beaten up
Never being a real woman
Having lost years of CD'ing / Not having enough time to do everything
Being overweight / being to big / being too tall
Guilt over self-indulgence
Being taken advantage of for sex
Hindrance to becoming successful in some field
Humiliation

Definitely food for thought, and just shows how much stigma there is surrounding crossdressing!

Angie G
06-18-2008, 03:07 PM
My biggest worry is that my wife would ask me to stop dressing. :hugs:
Angie

slamddoger
06-18-2008, 05:09 PM
being found out and faceing the muse

Jenny Ann
06-19-2008, 01:26 AM
That I will not find a woman that will accept me the way I am.

Nicole1
06-19-2008, 01:47 AM
I agree with most of the posts. My wife is very supportive; but it would be terrible to be outed publicly or to close family/friends and not be accepted. It is very tempting to come out to close family as it would make life easier; but then it could be a bad thing if they are not open minded.:sad:

Hugs:hugs:

Nicoe

SheriD
06-19-2008, 01:57 AM
My biggest worry would have to be my children finding out by
accident, I have had some very close calls with them coming home
unexpectedly. Now we only have 1 child left at home (age 18) so I
have been getting to dress more.
I would want to tell them instead of them walking in on me, my wife
doesn't want them to know.

Karencd37
06-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Lighten up. Don't worry. Enjoy your feminine side as best you can. Some of us are in a deep closet, others have open acceptance of their feminine desires. And many are in between. Some have to balance reality and fantasy. I know I do. It's difficult for most women to understand the feelings and desires we may have to become feminine and portray ourselves as women. I've had these feelings for many years, and I still don't truly understand my own feelings. I enjoy both my male and female sides.

Best regards to all.

TSchapes
07-04-2008, 02:33 PM
It's in the past, got it over with.

My main concern now is if and when I do go out that I'm not outed by a co-worker and it becomes an "issue". The loss of my job and the losing the chance for promotions rank number one right now.

As I become more active like going to the Southern Comfort Conference, joining the GLBT at work and my blog being more active, the chances of me being "outed" become greater. I'm hoping to control the damage and not necessarily avoid it.

-Tracy

StephanieF
07-05-2008, 05:14 PM
It's a good question Emily,

One I think about regularly. I’ve been reading through the responses and can’t take issue with any. It’s hard to pick just one or two but I think Jayme and Shawna sum up my feelings quite accurately. Others include ...

That I’ll never find a woman who will accept me as I am!!

I do believe that my biggest worry is my daughter. (And son)

To be labeled weird or sick or w/e

Losing my job, wife and friends!

Losing the respect of the people in my life that love me for who they believe I am. I have displayed a persona that my friends admire and respect. I am privileged to share many common interests with friends and we enjoy a very active life. To disappoint them because I have essentially misled them would be more than I could handle. Still, giving up that which is me, would be intolerable.
-- Jayme

Is being found out before I am ready to be. And losing my friends job and family and my kids being taunted for it. I dream of a tolerant society but I don't see it.
-- Shawna13

Bev06 GG
07-05-2008, 05:28 PM
My biggest fear would be that Jays family found out and rejected him because of it. I am pretty broad shouldered but Jay is a very sensitive individual and I know that this would really hurt him.
Bev

SatinDoll00
07-05-2008, 05:41 PM
My biggest fear as a CD is that I will die before I can ever fully experience what I have felt since I can remember that I should experience...and that is being a female.

emmicd
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
My biggest fear about my crossdressing is that I take my secret with me to the grave and that I am never able to reveal this beautiful side of myself or share this beautiful side of myself with others.

It is heartbreaking that we live in a world that forces us to repress parts of ourselves because we don't conform.

I would love to have the opportunity to go out dressed and feel safe and not be prejudged.

I am very happy with being married with a son and I never reveal this to my family nor push it on them. My wife knows this side of me but does not accept it but will tolerate my wearing womens jeans which is all she can deal with.

I will live my whole life as a closet crossdresser never able to open up and freely express my feminine side.

That is my biggest fear because that is my reality.

emmi

Joy Carter
07-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Since I was already outted at work, I have no more worry. You can only hurt me once. But if my in laws or my aunt found out, I'd be devastated.

SatinDoll00
07-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Fear is the greatest fear itself...well, no, a run a stocking is the greatest fear...but you get what I mean :heehee:

Ravin_nightshade
07-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Well first I like others go through phases where I dress or dont. I only underdress unless the wife and kids are a way. I told my wife but she was totally freaked out:eek:. she wanted nothing to do with it at all ("Keep It In The Closet") is what I was told:sad:. my religious belifes have made me feel bad about dressing:devil: so I stopped for about 3 months.during which time I told my wife that I wasent a crossdresser anymore. I have sence then had many long talkes about this with God and He told me that no matter how much i try to stop and fail that his grace is sufficiant, needless to say this made me feel alot better. well Im back:D. I have been underdressing for about two weeks now and it feels so great. I underdress every chance I can. Unless i have to get dirty. I would go further but I would never pass.:daydreaming: My biggest fear is that I will be outed mostly at work. im not concered about below the waist but I am totaly freaked out about some one fealing my bra. I mean its kind of ovious what it is. any way i usualy wear a mini skirt, cami, bra, and panties and sometimes (ok like every other day:heehee:) thigh highs and a garter belt. does any one have any sugestions on the bra thing? i usually were a hoodie or a jacket but with the sun coming out I would look like a freak with a jacket on in 100 deg. weather.

well im off to sleep now
hugz and kisses all

Sarah...
07-06-2008, 02:33 AM
I worried about losing my family if they found out how much of a girl I am. When I didn't have my own family I worried about losing my parents and sister. In between those two times I worried about losing friends. Paralysed with worry means I haven't done what I really wanted to do years ago.

Now I have talked about all this with my wonderous SO the worry has mostly gone. I did start worrying about what the future holds but gave that up and am now just enjoying myself and taking things one step at a time.

Sarah...

rian
07-06-2008, 02:51 AM
I think most of us has something to worry about , but the real worry is to lose this feeling during the coming years because I enjoy it so much and yet crossdressing is the balance to my life ....