PDA

View Full Version : How do you control the desire?

Cassiemarie
05-20-2008, 04:42 AM
If you have read any of my previous posts you can tell that patience is not one of my virtues. Since I decided to no longer bury my lifelong desire to bring out the femme in me, its pretty much been consuming all my thoughts [not to mention my pocketbook which I've yet to purchase]. I'm presently going through chemotherapy [not looking for pity, just a fact of life] I cant help but think I've got to do this now and not give it the proper time frame [years for some] to become a reality instead of a dream. I'm not overlooking the needs and concerns of my SO. She understands my compulsion and my addictive personality and is not standing in my way,[though she is confused as you would expect her to be]. Am I doomed to crash and burn?

deja true
05-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Cassie, hun...the crash and burn will be totally up to you!

With a sympathetic SO, you have a really good chance of having a lot of fun and being able to learn a lot about yourself and her.

But to make it pleasant instead of a heartbreak, you'd better try to rein yourself in a little. Always make sure that your SO is there for the ride as well. Travel too fast and leave her behind and you will be sorry.

Bring her here if she has questions. Just as you thought you were alone and filled with questions, so now is she. That's a frightening place to be, isn't it?

Our job is support, not only for you, but for your admirable SO as well.

Treat her well. She's sticking by you (and your addictive personality), so you should do the same for her.

Slow and gentle, Cassie...give a little to gain a lot!

michelle64
05-20-2008, 07:12 AM
for me personally i do not let it control every aspect of my life...when i feel the need to dress i do so...ive learned to just go with the flow so to speak..i agree with the above post..you should consider your spouse's well beaing as well..IT IS NOT ABOUT US ALL THE TIME...

Kate Simmons
05-20-2008, 07:44 AM
I've used the word control in the past but now that I think about it, it's not so much about controlling the feelings as it is working along with them and turning a perceived disadvantage into an advantage that works for us. While we may not always be able to overtly express our feelings by dressing, we can nonetheless experience them in an internal way and use it as a learning tool, especially in connection with how we relate to things, situations and other people. The feelings are what really have meaning and not the act itself. All things considered, genetic females show compassion, kindness, are interpersonal and value relationships, especially family ones.

Are we any different because of the kind of plumbing we have? I don't think so and even if we cannot dress the part, we can reflect these admirable qualities and be a better person. The problem is that we have been ingrained by society to think the two sexes are totally different and there is a disparity which is why we tend to think the grass is "greener" on the femme side. Once this illusion is shattered, we can literally be anyone we want to be and are limited only by our own imagination.:)

tricia_uktv
05-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Patience is a virtue. Look forward to the times you can and plan during the times you can't so you can take advantage of every minute. Get scribbling girl and I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world.

Shelly67
05-20-2008, 03:51 PM
I try my hardest to regain some composure when really feeling the need .....
Strange thing is the urge unsatisfied is rather nice and teasing ....almost like an itch you cannot scratch

boy2girl31
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
You said you recently decided not to fight who you are(maybe reading between the lines) but the uncontrolable urge may not last when you get your fill. I thing of how I wasn't allowed sweets as a kid when I moved out on my own I didn't eat anything but sugar for a week but the sugar need passed. Maybe that is what you need to let the uncontrollable part pass. But it will not all pass I have Milano cookies on my desk right now:D.

Jordan
05-20-2008, 04:52 PM
No i don't believe so. I understand it is so hard to keep the urge down some times you just have to with it. If your other is all right with it now I think she will be all right with it later happy dressing