PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wonder about other family members

putz0611
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Ever since my hubby told me about his CDing, I started to wonder about other family members and people that I know. It starts to cause me some anxiety at times. About a week after my hubby told me, he showed me this site using his log in. I just created my own log in because I have the need to actually talk as myself and not as him.
Putz
Please call me Putz, it is a term of endearment. My dad, whom I adore, gave it to me and uses it lovingly.

sissystephanie
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
DEar Putz,

Obviously you love your dad! Another thing in your favor!

I don't think any of my family members are CD, but who knows? You should not be anxious about those things. That is an issue over which you have absolutely no control, and therefore should not worry about.

BTW, I gave my now grown daughter a pet name, when she was quite young and small, and still use it. She loves being called by that name. My grandmother gave me one, but we won't go there!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!

Vivian Best
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Putz,

Welcome to our group! Hope you make some friends and learn a little about us that are CDrs. I take it that you at least tolerate your hubby's CDing! To answer your question, to my knowledge my wife and the members of this group are the only people that know I'm a CDr. I've chosen to keep it that way for a variety of reasons. You should talk to your hubby and see if he has told anyone other than you! He owes you that courtesy for your peace of mind. Plus, if it helps you and you want it that way he should honor your desire to keep it between the two of you.

Joanne f
05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Puzt,
i am not quite sure who you are asking that question to as it might be the wife's of the Cd's and i know my angle of things will be slightly different to yours , but i have and still do feel a great deal of anxiety of how it has affected my family members.

joanne

JoAnnDallas
05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
My wife is the only member of my family that knows I'm a CDer.We have a son who is 35 and he does not know, neither does my two sisters. Wife agreed with me that it was best they did not know, at least at this time. LOL

Kate Simmons
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Not really Putz. If they are, God bless 'em. It takes a special kind of fortitude to do what we do and keep doing it for whatever reason. Never a dull moment it seems. Not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.:)

Susan.
05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
My wife is as anxious as I am about others finding out. We agree that no one else needs to know.

DanaR
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
My wife is as anxious as I am about others finding out. We agree that no one else needs to know.

My wife and I feel the same.

MJ
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
as far as i know i am the only one in my family. but there again you never know

Annie D
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I have a relative by marriage who crossdresses all the time and no one says anything about it........My wife wears men's jeans, basketball shorts, t-shirts, and men's athletic shoes and even has started riding a motorcycle! My fear is that she is gay! How will we explain it to the kids?

jamie55
05-20-2008, 10:57 PM
hi putz: no need to worry about things you can't control. Right now i'm worried about my grandson , who's on my lap as i type this. He's already got my earrings and now is trying for my glasses so i gotta go. don't worry. be happy!

bettysue6879
05-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I wonder about this sometimes too. Who knows if there are others in my family who are into CD. With a big family, there is a possibility!

melisss2u
05-25-2008, 09:09 AM
If the other family members are like me. the closet would be pretty crampped lol

debbeelee1
05-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Yep, just me, my SO and all of you here know. No one else needs to know!

Tammy298
05-25-2008, 12:00 PM
My wife and I keep it to ourselves. My ex new, and I know she talked to others about it after we broke up, but I'm not sure who. I don't live in the same area as we did back then so I don't hang out with any of our old friends but I do get together with some her sister and there families when I am in town. They've never said anything about it so either they realize she's the crazy one (for the break-up) or just don't care or want to bring it up. Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if they did bring it up since I know them well enough to talk about it!

Bootsiegalore
05-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Welcome Putz! A name I havent heard in a long time. My highschool girlfriend used to use it all the time!

Tara

susan2010
05-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Putz:
First, it's great that you're here trying to figure things out. I wish my wife would do the same.
Second: I can't imagine that either of my brothers crossdress. I could be wrong, but I can't see it.
There isn't anyone in the wider family circle that I know of, or I suspect.
Third, my wife and I are having some serious problems, only partly about cding. She is very close to a brother, and I know she talked to him about our difficulties. I don't know if she told him I crossdress, but I wouldn't be surprised. She probably told him she thinks I'm gay (that's what she says..if I want to wear a dress I MUST be gay). I'm not by the way.
I don't know if she told any of her sisters, or if my brother in-law told his wife or their sisters.
I almost wish he would tell his wife; she's the most popular hairdresser/stylist in town and runs a place that does all-day pampering. Just kidding. I don't know if she has ever had males for make-overs, and I'm not about to ask.

robbie
05-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Nope, never wondered. My dad had a hernia and wore firm control briefs. He almost lost a finger and I took him to the hospital. He had them on then. No one cared, not even me. I was worried about him losing a finger. Boy, can he shoot a bird now.

Amy Hepker
05-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I have a sister that is a Tomboy

JoAnnDallas
05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Last Christmas, my sister told wife and I about one of our extended family members was caught by his mother crossdressing the week before. This kid is a Jr. in High School. I meet him at the family gathering, but don't really know him that well. Nothing was said at the gathering and he seem to be acting like a normal teenager. I have not heard any more about him since Christmas, so don't know his status. I would not be surpised that in a large extended family for a CDer or two to show up. We do have two extended family members who are openly Gay. One is a male, the other is a female. Both in their 20's. Other family members seem to get along with them just fine.