PDA

View Full Version : I realized tonight..

MentalMercury
05-21-2008, 02:49 AM
..that I have not dressed in a whole month. I havn't had a million opportunities with finals at school, but I've had a few good opportunities. It kind of makes me sad.. I'll want to, but then be too tired, or not have enough comfortable privacy, and that will be enough for me to not feel like it. It is kind of depressing.. I don't want the urge to go away. Anyone experience a lull in their desire to dress? and what has made the urge go away? Did you feel it 'spring back'? I am actually kind of scared of it not coming back how it used to be.

Jamie S.
05-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Yea, It's happened to me a couple of times. This last time was for nearly a year. I had the opportunities, I just didn't have it in me for whatever reason.

nikki47
05-21-2008, 03:32 AM
It's happened to me a lot over the years,not so much not wanting to but not being able to,like raising a family,i've gone months without being able to fully makeup and dress up,just the odd time to be able to dress.
It is a lot better now,i'm usually able to do it most weeks.

Nikki

DanaJ
05-21-2008, 06:29 AM
I think that happens to us all, I know it does to me. For some reason I always CD more in the Fall and Winter, and cut back in the Summer. I haven't dressed now in about 3 months, and the desire isn't there either really.

Don't worry, don't force it and it will come back :)

TGMarla
05-21-2008, 06:38 AM
:iagree:

Karen Francis
05-21-2008, 06:38 AM
This sort of thing happens to all of us. I have an opinion that it is related to hormones causing mood swings like this. I have tried to plot it on a graph ( is it a full moon? maybe the tides? maybe sales at Macy's?) but it doesn't seem to correlate with anything consistant. For me it is usually short term, less than 2 weeks, but still the urge comes and goes... Karen

Kristen Marie
05-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Finals can do it. I am in a college environment and there are definitely ebbs and flows in my dressing, and it does follow the semester, especially the spring one. I would not worry about it. Just find the right opprtunity for it and enjoy the moment.

deja true
05-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Babygirl! Don't worry about it!

Remember all the stories from the older girls? (Check that thread about "Is this a phase?")...

When it goes for a wile, it comes back even stronger.

You're hawt and smart now.

Just think how much HAWTER and SMARTER you're gonna be a year from now!

Or when you reach Angelina Jolie's age?

Or when you reach Kim Cattrall's age?

Gosh, I swoon just thinking about it.

Thank the goddess you're too young to be my competition!

I'd be in the corner crying right now!

Holly
05-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't worry, MM. The first time you slip into a skirt and blouse, the first thought likely to come into your head will be, "What was I thinking?":hugs:

Wendy me
05-21-2008, 08:03 AM
not a huge deal it is what it is ... when you do get back to dressing you will be ready no need to question anything no big deal .... we all go through such things .... remember while dressing is what you might enjoy to do the bigger picture is feeling good abought who you are so if your dressing or not it's abought you being happy being you and thats more important than what you wear..............

Robertacd
05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Have you ever given "underdressing" a thought? Personally I do not have to go all out and get fully dressed with makeup and all to feel feminine. I wear panties and womans jeans all the time so just slipping on a bra is often enough to give me that feminine edge. I mean it;s not like GG's are constantly dressed to the nine's.

paulaluvssz8
05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Don't worry. We all get busy with life... And the time to dress or even really to think about dressing is very hard to do. When you get out of school and start your career you will have these times where you don't have enough time to deal with the urges. But things will slow down from time to time and you will enjoy the opportunities.:o

battybattybats
05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
I find sometimes when I feel like that is because I'm unconciously repressing myself and making excuses for it.

At times like that if I realise or suspect that and force myself to dress, even if it's just lipstick or underdressing when I do feel really tired after a short while I feel really really good! My mood lifts and I wonder why I felt I couldn't be bothered!

:hugs:
Batty

Chari
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Good advice from all the girls here! With all the stress of finals and college life you have to try to relax and think about some free time for just you! Maybe looking at cute summer outfits, jewelry, or a new pair of shoes (in person or in catalogs) could stimulate the "urge". For me the femme feeling has NEVER gone away!
Enjoy life, Chari

melisss2u
05-21-2008, 08:28 AM
With raising a family it is often impossible to dress at home with it being like grand central station at the house. I find I can take the edge off by simply underdressing. I also find the urge is greater around stressfull times

Cheryl Anne
05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
It's still there. It could be that in your situation, your fem side just took a back seat for a bit so you can focus on importaint things. I know my fem side does when I have emotional up roars or stress that the male side has to take care of. It's all part of ballance.

BTB, I like the new avatar, shows your face better. :D

Claire3
05-21-2008, 09:14 AM
If its meant 2b,itll return,if not,it wont.We all have up and down times which affect us all.Slipping in2 something more comfortable might help things along,however,if you feel detatched from cding,dont worry about it,move on

BillieJoe
05-21-2008, 09:21 AM
MM, I often go through long periods where I can't dress. Underdressing helps. My main problem is that I don't have easy access to my feminine garb. I've always had the desire to dress but didn't always have the opportunity.

Stacye Rose
05-21-2008, 09:24 AM
MM,

Yes, finals can give you enough distractions thay dressing may not happen. Also life it's ownself has a way of getting between me and my heels. However, like everybody here I have to say it never goes away, but it can go dormant from time to time. Don't force it, live your life. when it's time to dress again believe me you will know.

I do have a couple of suggestions;

1) retail therapy-go buy new clothes, shoes, or make-up.
2) create an occasion- you have a gg friend who helps you out, right? get with her and plan an end of finals get together have Goth night, or a all pink party, or just both of you wear corsets and miniskirts. whatever works. when I was in college (back in the prehistoric era) I had two good gg friends who knew Stacye. We used to plan a semi-formal diiner party for after finals. We would all wear our best dresses and have a candle light dinner together.

Hope this helps. But then free advice is worth what you pay for it.:2c:

docrobbysherry
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
U can have a "normal" life for a while. Don't worry about the desire returning.

I have had the urge to CD stop. But, for most of us, it seems to ALWAYS return. Whether we want it to, or NOT!

JoAnnDallas
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
MentalMercury........I have been a CD for about 50 years now. There have been times in my life where I have gone as long as 3-4 years without dressing. One of my longest was back-to-back military tours in Vietnam back in the 60's. So I would not worry too much about it. If your really a CDer, it is for life.

NatalieBliss
05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
My desire ebbs and flows. As far as I can tell there is no pattern, but as you mentioned lack of privacy and such acts as a sort of off switch for the desire. In my humble experience the desire may go dormant, but it won't go away. The best advice I can give is to sit back and see what your brain comes up with on it's own. I know it can seem impossible but if you focus on other stuff you enjoy doing soon enough it will work out.

What ever happens I wish you the best! :hugs:

MentalMercury
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks a bunch gals.. that's quite an overwhelming response, and I read it all, taking it all in. It probably is related to emotional things, getting out of college for the semester and things like that. I particularly like the 'create an occasion' idea. I really feel like it's waiting to come out.. heck maybe even this thread is enough. Most of all I'm glad to hear it's a common thing and it comes back :) Though I guess if it didn't come back, that person wouldn't be on here to reply and tell me that huh? I don't doubt you though!

iwearstockings
05-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Funny how the urge can either dominate my every waking thought ,until I can do something about it, or take a total back seat as I get on with everyday life.. All experience has taught me is that it never leaves completely and I can rely on sooner or later it always comes back. just as well considering how much time and money i spend on naughty undies :^P

Deborah Jane
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
It comes and goes!!
I hardly even look at my femme things from the end of May till the end of September. I still think about it sometimes, but can,t be bothered to do anything about it apart from come here and chat!!

boy2girl31
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
"And this too shall pass"

All of life is a rollercoaster you have highs and lows. This is no different I unlike most of the responses here am at the start of my high. Since you are young you may think as I do "summer is time to look sexy" seeing the short skirts and thin shirts on the gg's usually puts me in high gear. Just know when you're ready and have the time "Cding is like a good friend it's always there for you".

While I'm quoting how about this?

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

CamillaCD
05-21-2008, 05:12 PM
It comes and goes for me too. It doesn't worry me.

You have a nice avatar BTW.

DanaR
05-21-2008, 05:36 PM
The last four years has been sort of weird for me; I've only dressed a few times. Prior to this I used to dress about 3 or 4 times a month. There has been so much stuff going on, that I just haven't taken the time and have been more depressed than ever before. My wife has tried talking me into to going out more, but I always come up with some excuse.

Several years ago I started taking a dance class and the instructor knows about my CDing and is very cool about it. She has had other CD's, attend her class lately, and we've talked about it. Anyway yesterday I got into a project and lost track of time and realized that I would be late for dance class and called her. While I was giving her my excuse, she told me that I was a bad girl. I thought, how cool! I dropped everything that I was going to do got dressed and went and visited a female friend; she has a costume shop.

So last night I called one of my old friends and we made some plans to go out to several places in the next few weeks.