PDA

View Full Version : CD Mixed Up Please Help

Missy
06-28-2004, 10:01 AM
For as long as I can remeber from grade school I have been Dressing in women's cloths when ever I can. Mostly underwear, at times I have gone out fully dressed. Some of my freind how have found out have told me that what I am doing is a sin. and that God will turn his back on me. this has done a lot of brain damage on me some times I have a fight in my head about cross dressing. My wife has a problem with my dressing as a women. She saids if we live in a nudist camp then cloths would not be a problem. tired of guilt feelings.

CDKathy
06-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Hi Missy,

While I am not a priest and have no affiliation with any organized religion, I do believe in the lessons taught by the Bible.

There is one and only one passage in the bible that speaks to crossdressing and that is in the Old Testament. And, that passage is almost always taken out of context. But if anyone wishes to hold that over you then they must also demand that all women stop wearing pants.

No, GOD will only turn HIS back on you if you turn your back on HIM. HE made you who you are and HE will love you no matter what you are wearing.

You will need to go easy on your wife however. It is difficult for the wives of crossdressers to understand why we do this. You need to be able to talk to her about your feelings. But it is very important that you listen to her and respect her feelings as well.

We are all here to help in any way we can.

Shy Charlotte
06-28-2004, 03:05 PM
I Totally Agree with Kathy. I think experiencing God is a very personal thing, and although there are certain guidelines that various churches give out, in the end it's between you and Him in the end. I feel that we are socially stigmatized, and some people may feel uncomfortable about what we do, but it's their problem, not ours. What we do is our business, and it's not like because of what we believe in we're going out victimizing other people. Yet it's sad to say there are areas where it's more socially accepted to publicly admit that you're a Klan member, Neo-Nazi, serial killer, etc. etc. than to publicly admit to being a CD.

In regards to your relationship with your wife, I also agree with Kathy in that it can be a touchy situation. In order for her to allow or at least accept this aspect of your personality, you need to learn how to come to terms with it yourself. Many CDs have spent decades stuck in this tract of self acceptance. We're always here to help in whatever way we can, and there are various organizations where you can talk one on one with someone who's been in your shoes to answer questions. Um, I'm not sure what the policy on this website is to mention other organizations, but I've dealt with the Tri-Ess in the past (one of the largest CD organizations in the country), and there's one in Fayette, Arkansas that you can contact. From my experience they're very understanding and very discreet. You might want to drop them a line, and maybe they can help you out.
http://www.sigma-mu.org
and the main site is
http://www.tri-ess.org

Hope this was helpful...

The Shy One

Abraxas
06-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Right. I agree as well.

When you think about it, they're just clothes. Pieces of cloth. Why should this have anything to do with who you are as a person?
Also, when you think about it, as far back as the Druids, and in Renaissance times, men wore high heeled shoes, leggings, and other clothes which today would be considered effeminate. Even today, in Scotland, men wear kilts. What is the big problem?
Women wear trousers all the time. Is this considered "wrong"? No. It's a double- standard.
Total clothing rights for both sexes!

With your wife... I don't know. Try talking to her in a way that is explanatory rather than accusatory. Explain that you can't help how you are, nor do you want to. This is just part of you, the person she married, the person she fell in love with. Tell her that it doesn't change anything.

AmyH
06-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi Missy,

While I am not a priest and have no affiliation with any organized religion, I do believe in the lessons taught by the Bible.

There is one and only one passage in the bible that speaks to crossdressing and that is in the Old Testament. And, that passage is almost always taken out of context.

Here is the verse that CDKathry is talking about:
"A woman shall not wear an article proper to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's dress; for anyone who does such things is an abomination to the LORD, your God. "

I found this web site in my search. You may want to take a look at it.
http://www.radix.net/~dglenn/words/deuteronomy.html

I have read the Bible before and I have found that Deuteronomy is one of the more strange books of the Bible.

eleventhdr
06-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Yes but remeber in those days men wore tunics a lot of the time anyway which is like a dress in that it is open at the bottom because of the climate they liveds in this was accppeted back then as standard dress and it was no big deal!.

Bernadina
06-29-2004, 06:49 PM
I gave up reading the Bible after trying to read the first chapter about 3 times. It was very boring, and hard to read. However after talking to many biblical experts I've come to the conclusion that we can justify any action good, bad or indifferent by using bits and pieces quoted from the Bible.

After all, it is a collection of fables, truths, fiction, legends and anything else the, creators, storytellers and manglers have put into it over the years.

We have just had an election in Canada where one of the party leaders has been quite vocal over the years about the Church and God and the Bible etc. Basically he is against anyone who is not English speaking, straight, white and Methodist. And thank God that he is not in control.

I suspect that within a few years, if his party had come to power, crossdressing would be an offence punishable by stoning to death.

- Dina

tammygirl61
06-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Amen Sister,
I go to a stright church dressed fully as a woman! I use the ladies rest room
with a line out the door no one says a word. Maybe, I pass so well that I'm not read. Or, they think I've had SRS! But I'm excepted, talked to, compemented on my outfit ect ect. This is a christan church! I belive in God and his son Christ! Who is actually god! He heres my prays and I talk to him everyday and night! I have been Dressing for many years. He has never turn his back to me. He has given me the wisdom to understand why I like dressing in women's clothes. I belive he has given me the courage to Know I will see him when I pass. What ever clothes I wear! What ever name I call myself He knows what is in my heart and That's what counts.
Belive in your lord Sister he will take care of you NO MATTER WHAT!
I love and belive and my life is his Love Tammy

Danielle1960
06-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Well it might depend on ones religious following. The cross-dressing spelled out in the Old Testament would (not an expert but fairly sure) fall under Mosaic Law. These teaching were to help those at the time. When Christianity came along the Mosaic Law was fulfilled. That is why we can eat pork for instance. We don't have to worry about being put to death for cooking on the Sabbath.
In the New Testament there is reference of a transsexual being baptized. Neutering men who watched over harums of the royalty was common in those days. I didn't see any condemnation at all. Most of us struggle to make through life. If we wear ourselves down on the small stuff (cross-dressing) then we won't feel like being loving, charitable ect.

Hope this was a help. I felt the need to join in!

Thanks
Danielle :)

Darby
06-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Missy hon, remember, your from the "Bible Belt" and people frown on anything that is different out there! If you have to "underground" from your wife too... well so be it and realize that this is part of you that needs to florish albeit once in a while. What is mixed up... I'm from the Boston, MA area and what is REALLY mixed up are what the Priests where/are doing to children out here! Now that is a real SIN not x-dressing! You are being manipulated by the people around you. I'm certainly not trashing religion, I'm a practicing catholic and now where in the Bible is said that dressing is a sin, mortal or otherwise. If that were the case, I'd have to go to confession ALOT! Your doing nothing wrong it's just your surroundings!