PDA

View Full Version : Overheard in line

pamela_a
05-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Yesterday after work I had to return some thing my wife had bought to my local wally world. The greeter, a sweet older gentleman, is evidently tasked with scanning returned items before you get in line at customer service.

He completed mine and I moved ahead. While waiting in line I hear him telling the person behind me "you are behind this lady". The next person received their instructions as "you are behind this lady, who is behind that lady." Needless to say I was quite pleased.

Another time last weekend, a gg friend was over for coffee with my wife and I. My wife had bought some tops and had shown them to our friend before i arrived. My wife wasn't sure they looked OK on her so our friend, referring to me, said "why don't you show her and see what she thinks." She didn't skip a beat and I really don't think she realized what she said. Better than that my wife didn't seem to catch it either.

So keep your ears open girls, you may find more reasons to smile than you thought.

-Paula-

DawnL
05-22-2008, 07:22 AM
A similar thing happened to me several days ago. I was on my way to work and had my usual type of scrub top on (red white and blue stars) and a pair of jeans, hair up in a ponytail. I was in a rush and trying to make my way back to the checkout. A woman in front of me told her husband, in a motorized chair, "let's let this lady go by". Just kind of smiled and kept going.

JoAnnDallas
05-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Before my wife accidently saw me dressed and accepted me, occasionally we would be somewhere and someone would refer to both of us as "Ladies". My wife would always look at me with a puzzled look. Once my sister was with us when it happen and even she gave me a puzzled look. Then about a month ago my wife accidently saw me dressed. She has known I am a CDer for a year now but did not want to see me fully dressed. Since then she has accepted my CDing. A week ago, it happened again. we were refered to as "Ladies" and this time my wife got the giggles about it. She commented to me "well guess we are just a couple of girls today".
I think that sometimes our feminumity show thru even while in drab and some people see it and respond to it even if we don't look fem.