PDA

View Full Version : "Only your hair dresser knows for sure"

tamarav
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Do you remember that line from Clairol commercials from years ago? In my job as a hair dresser I think of it often, listening to clients tell me things that they tell no one else.

Yesterday I cut 3 lawyers' hair and a judge's hair. Two of the lawyers made comments to me about CDing, then both revealed that they too had a part of them that enjoyed a limited bit of it but didn't realize how prolific we were. They obviously know of my CDing since I dress at work daily (they told me that was what attracted them to my salon) I thoroughly filled them both in on this forum and others to give them a bit of support.

My point or question is, is this still as valid as it once was? Does your hair person talk more thn you do? Do you tell your hair person about your proclivities (as Tracey S just did)? Do you have any other outside person that you have told that is non-plussed about it?

I was just curious since I still seem to hear stuff that can actually make me shudder (and at my age it takes quite a bit to do that)

Your sis,

Tami

Nikki A.
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
My hairdresser was one of the first outside (besides wife) people I told. They are in the business to make people look good or feel good about themselves so what is the difference if you are a male or female. Besides more business and money for them.

donnadawn
05-22-2008, 01:01 PM
My second visit to a hair salon to get my long hair cut and curled I told the hair dresser I was a CDer. Of course I was wearing a bra and it was noticeable so I didn't have to say anything as she could easily see. She was the first one I've opened up to. She was very accepting. So, yes, my hair dresser does know.

Kate Simmons
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I think it goes with the turf Tami. The only one I tell more to is my bartender.:heehee:

deja true
05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Golly, Tammi, I'd better stop cutting my own hair with the dog clipper!

I could sure use somebody to talk to now and again...

DanaJ
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I told the girl who cuts my hair a while back - she wasn't shocked, nor did she act like she cared. Just "Oh really?" and business as usual for years now afterwards. I even showed her some of my photos, she flipped through them and said some generic compliments, and that was that :)

Huntress
05-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Too many years in the Military. I just point at it: Say "shorter." Promptly fall asleep.:D
When it was long for a few different QT deployments. It was fairly unkempt on purpose. Soon, I might grow it out for fun.

Huntress

Phyliss
05-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Oh yes she does, and so does my manicurist, and the lady who does my pedicures, and the gal who does my (full ) body waxing.

juliew
05-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I don't think the girl that does my hair ever hears a word I say. Hard to listen with your mouth open.:)

JulieW

renee k
05-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi All,

My hairdresser, is one of maybe four women that have helped me become Renee. I have spoken of her here in past posts, and my hat's off to her for being so understanding and helpful.

Huggs, Renee

TerriM
05-23-2008, 08:44 AM
My hairdresser moved about 8 months ago. We are still very close. She comes down 1x a month to her old shop and cuts hair. When she lived here, she was only 3 blocks away, she used to do my hair and makeup. We went out to lunch a couple of times. It was a blast. I really miss her.